Getting the bitmap OLE Object from Microsoft Access database table

Hi,

I have bitmaps attached to Microsoft Access table. I need to read the Access
table and get the bitmap. Im able to get to the record and get the field
value using GetFieldValue() which returns as a COleVariant. How can I get the
bitmap and palette(CPalette) information. Im using MFC and C++

Will appreciate any help/suggestion with the above.

Thanks
MA
0
habdalla (2)
1/27/2005 8:59:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jeff,

Please provide the attachement.

Thanks
MA

"Jeff Partch [MVP]" wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have bitmaps attached to Microsoft Access table. I need to read the
> Access
> > table and get the bitmap. Im able to get to the record and get the field
> > value using GetFieldValue() which returns as a COleVariant. How can I get
> the
> > bitmap and palette(CPalette) information. Im using MFC and C++
> >
> > Will appreciate any help/suggestion with the above.
>
> Most likely this will not help/work at all, but the attached is what I came
> up with some 6 years ago.
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
habdalla (2)

impossible to access the "news" from outlook 2003
I wanted to set-up my newsgroups access In outlook 2003. I followed the documented procedure (toolbar/standard/customize) from the help menu to add the "News" selection to the "GO" menu. It worked but when I exited Outlook and got back later the "news" menu disappeared. I tried to reinstate it following the same installation procedure but the News option is no more available in the "toolbar/customize list". Looks like a bug. Has anybody faced the same issue ? Is there a workaround to access the Newsgroup interface ? Thanks, Laurent conflicts ...

OWA to POP, IMAP: OWA access, need pop3, IMAP, or Forwarding
Hi, I have recently been given a new email address by my school, which is only accessible through exchange and OWA. The thing is, I already have an exchange server, and 2 pop accounts already setup into my single profile, which is linked to my blackberry -- everything is already well integrated. Adding this profile or OWA screws everything up. Is there a peice of software I can run that reads my OWA account and forwards it to POP or IMAP? The new OWA won't even let me forward the mail. Thanks for the help. Jeff. On 4 Dec 2006 07:16:39 -0800, "Jeff Sherwin" <subtle@gmai...

Calculated fields in Pivot Tables
Is it possible to use an "if" formula when creating a calculated field? I have an existing field in my pivot table called commissions and I want to create a new field that will give me a 1 if for each row if commissions are over 4 and a 0 if they are under 4. Is this possible? What is the formula? It seems ok Try something like : =IF(Commissions>=4,1,0) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132008509.143327.194520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to u...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

FWD: See this corrective update which comes from the Microsoft
--aolkeahgr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wbqnfbpivy"; type="multipart/alternative" --wbqnfbpivy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lzvglunuqmeli" --lzvglunuqmeli Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the se...

VB: using a string to set a range object?
I'm a bit new to the excel "range" object type. I was suprised to see that while I can do: dim chunk as Range chunk = .Range(A5:B6) I apparently cannot do: dim chunk as Range dim stuff as string string = "A5:B6" chunk= .Range(string) How can I concatenate up a string describing a range, and then use it to define a range object's target cells? - Ross. Oops, I meant chunk = .Range("A5:B6") in the first example - I forgot the quotes. R. "RGK" <nothanks@nospam.go> wrote in message news:RqydnSWzbu_OEZbeRVn-2A@...

how do I get the cursor to move to cell A1 when I press home key
When I press the home key I want the cursor to go to cell A1. From the Menu Bar: <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab, And *check* "Transition Navigation Keys". This might cause you other "problems' though! -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "RANLAY" <RANLAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93B2017-347...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

OLE: Excel.Application
Hello, in VB.Net, I use Excel to display results : dim xl as new Excel.Application // creates an Excel process // snip (putting values into cells) xl.Visible = true If the user closes the Excel file and then my program, the Excel process is killed in memory, which is good. If the user closes my program first and then the Excel file, the Excel process remains in memory ! How can I make sure the process will be killed ? Thanks ! Hi You need to set xl.quit (and before that ensure that excel doesn't halt and ask things like "save changes?" on quitting) somewhere in your p...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

How to get money online ?
I Recomended 2 Link 1) http://isabelmarco.com/?r=afis 2) http://www.buxout.com/?r=Afis Join now and see the proof ...

Range object does not support paste method
Greetings! Does anyone know why Range("AJ8").Select ActiveSheet.Paste works, but Range("AJ8").Paste gives the error message: "Run-time error '438': Object Doesn't support this property or method! and is there anyway of accomplishing this with one instruction rather than 2 instructions. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. -- May you have a most blessed day! Sincerely, Michael Fitzpatrick Hi Michael Either of these in one line gets it done. Range("AJ8").value = Range("AJ8").value ...

pivot table subtotals
I'm stuck trying to develop subtotals in a pivot table. I hav successfully placed Sums of the individual elements, but I'd like "Subtotal" line for specific types of elements i.e.: 1/22 1/23 1/24 Group1 Apples Oranges Pears Group1 Sum Group2 Corn Carrots Beans Group2 Sum Grand Total All of thee above rows/lines calculate just fine except the GroupX Su lines? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get subtotals to wor correctly? Do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Double-click on the field button at the top of the Group column. Un...

excel 2000 message
excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and embedding' Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) bill bootle wrote: > > excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and > embedding' -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.c...

How to get pidl for Quick launch?
Hi, I would like to browse all files&folder under Quick Launch for all users instead of only some certain user. Because different user was allocated with different path for Quick Launch, I have to use pidl to browse for all users. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to get its pidl by SHGetSpecialFolderLocation because I don't know the CSIDL value that identifies the folder of interest. Does anyone know it? I would really appreciate it. -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure ...

SpellCheck Will it work on the Access 2007 Runtime?
I have a program that I have compiled. It has the following. Private Sub cmdSpellCheck_Click() Me.Call_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub Is this going to work on a runtime or will I need a full version of Access to use it? You can simulate using the runtime of A2007 quite easily for testing. To do it, change the extension of the file from accdb to accdr. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:ulRyIhQ4KHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a program t...

Restricting Domain Logon w/OWA Access
I have multiple general mailboxes in exchange 2003 and would like to deny local logon access to the domain while allowing owa access to these e-mail accounts. I tried solving the problem by allowing only logons to the domain controller and the exchange server from these general mailboxes, but I receive access denied while attempting to log onto owa. Please help... ...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Counting Blank Cells in Pivot Table
How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts everything that had data (A, B, C, D, etc...) but does not count the blank cells. Thank you, Jack As answered in microsoft.public.excel.charting: To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Jack wrote: > How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well > as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts > everythi...

Word 2007 Unrestricted Access?
I have a file that a customer sent. Under Protect Document > Unrestricted Access is checked. Another person in the office has made changes with the Track Changes on. They were able to save the file, but we cannpt accept the changes because we get a message that says the document is protected. What exactly does "Unrestricted Access" mean? How do we accept changes? Thanks for any assistance you can give me. -- marcia "Unrestricted Access" means anyone can read and change the document, so you or the other employee should be able to accept or reject track...

Getting rid of #VALUE!
Hi I'm using excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet for calculating Overtime A = Hourly Rate B = Single Time Hours C = Single Time Cost D = Time and a Half Hours E = Time and a Half Cost F = Double Time Hours G = Double Time Costs H = Total costs In columns C,E and G I have the following formulae C > =IF(B3="","",SUM(B3*A3)) E > =IF(D3="","",SUM(A3*D3)+(D3/2*A3)) G > =IF(F3="","",SUM(F3*2*A3)) which calculate the cost of overtime, but leave the cell blank if n hours are enterr...

Specify data for use in FRx pivot tables
How do I specify what data fields appear in an Excel pivot table (or ..cub file) from FRx? I want to export the natural account number into the pivot table to sort on. TIA ...

Code to make a Spinner button work with Filters on a Pivot Table
I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was able to use it and my backup was a week old! Does anyone have this code? -- TheTraveler Hi Take a look on Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/PivotMultiPagesChangeAll.zip -- Regards Roger Govier TheTraveler wrote: > I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on > this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was > able to use it and m...

Code Access Security
I have written a Web User Control that runs inside of Sharepoint, but when I want to use a custom convertor class to convert an XML attribute I get the following error: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed. Basically I start with a DataSet that I then want to transform into HTML via an XSL stylesheet. I do not appear to be able to use the XsltArgumentList Extension Object. >From what I have found this object requires FULL TRUST. If I comment out the args.AddExtensionObject("urn:trimble-date", Convertor); the code works fine. This code basically i...