Getting date/time of HTTP file

Hi, is there any way of getting details (such as last modified/
created
date/time) of a file located on the web?

E.g I'd like to know when the file "http://www.myWebSite.com/
update.txt" was last created/modified.

I'm *guessing* I can use CHttpResponse to get some "Last-Modified"
value, but I've found it very difficult to get come clear cut code on
how to do so.

Many thanks for any help,

Tony.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

baker_tony <baker_tony@hotmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

> Hi, is there any way of getting details (such as last modified/
> created
> date/time) of a file located on the web?
>
> E.g I'd like to know when the file "http://www.myWebSite.com/
> update.txt" was last created/modified.

The C++ standard doesn't mention anything about networking, however there
are C++ communities built up dedicated to portable network programming.

To achieve portable network programming, they produce a "cross-platform
library" which people can use in developing a network application which
will run on the likes of Windows, Linux, Mac, Playstation 3.

There's currently no newsgroup in place for discussing cross-platform
programming in C++, which is why I've proposed the creation of
comp.lang.c++.cross-platform. Voting should start in the next day or two
(there's a load of red tape crap at the minute).

I'd appreciate if you'd vote.

--
Tom�s � h�ilidhe
0

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

How to Find all my posts? How to sort by date of post?
I don't always remember to click the "notify me of replies" button, nor do I always remember the subject. And some searches return hundreds of pages of hits. How does one find just their posts? I tried searchign on my userid but that isn't reliable. On most forums there is a "show users posts" option, but I don't see how to do that with MS Forum. Also, how does one sort the search response by date? I often see search results start with posts from 2006, then 2005, up to 2009, back to 2006, then to 2004. The notification rarely works anyway....

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

compact database at run time
hi How can i compact my access database programmatically .. In MSDN they gave a code like #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\Msado15.DLL" #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\MSJRO.DLL" no_namespace try { IJetEnginePtr jet(__uuidof(JetEngine)); jet->CompactDatabase( "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\nwind2.mdb", "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\abbc.mdb;" \ "Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=4"); } catch(_com_error &e) { ::MessageBox(NULL, (LPCTSTR)e.De...

need a date look here

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

Same file exists when I run Optimizer
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "�̱�ö" <kclee@jcsworld.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is...

A Crystal Beginner

Unknown file exporting type. Please pick a new export type.
Hello, Has anyone ever seen the error message "Unknown file exporting type. Please pick a new export type." It has begun appearing when trying to use the Report Schedule within GP and after clicking Publish Now. This just began occurring in one company, but continues to work fine in other companies. The file export type is typically Adobe PDF, but users also receive this when switching to other types such as Text file. This is occurring on the server and at least two workstations. Has anyone seen this error before or does anyone have any thoughts on a resolution for it? ...

Importing/parsing data from an external file in Word 2007 Macros
Hello! I am wondering if this is possible, and if so, how do I do it? What I want to do is this: I have a template, and I want to write a macro that will create a document based on this template by pulling data out of other files, formatting the data, and putting it in the appropriate section of the document. I have no experience with Word Macros or VBA, although I have programmed in VB.NET in the past. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you! Kaiti You would need an AutoNew macro in the template that contained the code statements. Sub AutoNew() ActiveDocu...

Install driver files with the same name
Hello, We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third party. I am looking for a way to install the drivers. Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. Is there any way to install the drivers without changing their file sames? Taka <Taka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third >party. >I am looking for a way to install the drivers. >Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. > >Is there ...

Using current date track budget.
Hi, I am trying to update a percentage completion cell in a budget tracking spreadsheet based on the current month. Basically I have a row for each activity and a column for each month. I enter the hours completed for each activity in each month. I have a total number of hours value which will be used to calculate the %completed. So what I need is to a formula that will calculate the following: if ( this month is April) then (sum the hours from start month to april and divide by the total hours cell) else if (this month is May) then (sum the hours from start month to april and ...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Get paid while you get online!!

Save & File
My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file (that is already set up by catagories I need) and it was saved there. Is there is a similar (i.e. quick) way to do it in Outlook? Thank you. You can use rules to copy messages after send. JMac wrote: > My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to > "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file > (that is already set up by catagories I need...

EPays w/ Processing Date
I've been using MM for a number of years and have had relatively few problems...until now with MM05. I've searched this NG and FAQ web site but haven't found the issue/resolution. I have always had MM to record EPays with the PROCESSING DATE and have it checked in Settings/Online Services. MM05, however, records the transaction in the register with the SUBMITTING DATE. For example, yesterday I sent 2 payments to be paid on the 13th of the month but MM recorded yesterday's date NOT the payment date. That transaction, once submitted can't be changed as the check numbe...

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted