GetPrivateProfileSectionName won't work in VC++.NET 2002

How do I get GetPrivateProfileSectionName function to work in VC++.NET
2002?  It works fine in the 2003 version, but I can't get it to work in
the 2002 version which is what I use at home.

    Z.K.
0
nospam2791 (369)
7/21/2006 6:36:12 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Z.K. wrote:
> How do I get GetPrivateProfileSectionName function to work in VC++.NET
> 2002?  It works fine in the 2003 version, but I can't get it to work in
> the 2002 version which is what I use at home.
>
>    Z.K.

Oh, the error is that it is an undeclared identifier.  I am assuming I
need to include some header file, but I don't know which one though I
did see some references to a kernel32.dll.  How do I import this dll?

    Z.K.
0
nospam2791 (369)

Help: Error when working disconnected in sales outlook
When attempt to work connectionless, it appears to me the following message in all folders: "Cannot access rights of or privilege sufficient lacks to conduct this action". The user is administrator in local machine. The OS is WINDOWS XP SP2 HOME EDITION. Sales for Outlook is not supported on XP Home Edition, because XP Home Edition cannot be joined to a domain "Valentin" <valentincollado@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xYGPiCmFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When attempt to work connectionless, it appears to me the following > message in all fol...

Working in time formats
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet for various marathon race paces, but whenever I enter a time in runner's lingo (ie. 7:31 equals 7 minutes and 31 seconds) the program wants to convert to a date. I've thought about using decimals where 7:31 would be written as 7.517, but that's a bit clunky. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. Ralph And you're entering 7:31, not 7/31, right? Maybe it's a window setting. Open up the regional settings applet under control panel In winXP: windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options On t...

It Worked!!! :-)
I have no idea why an action would not work the first time and it would work the 2nd, but it did! I did everything the same, but this time the box popped up and I choose the one with no messages. Now I still got a message because a new sheet appeared with headers of: sheet, object, name, property, value, and action. I knew there were 3 old workbooks linked and wasn't surprised when I had to repeat the process 2 more times. Is there any reason I have to save those 3 sheets, or is it ok to delete them? Elaine :-) Glad you got it working. (And you have one more response at the origina...

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

refernce to a different work sheet
In one of the worksheets in my xls file, I have this formula: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,$K$1:$M$31,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP($A2,$K$1:$M$31,2,0)) in columns B and C The lookup table is in (on) the same worksheet. But I'd like to move the table to another worksheet in the .xls file. If I do that, how must I change the formula? The table I am referencing is K1 - M31. David =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$K$1:$M$31,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$K$1:$M$31,2,0)) I've used Sheet2 as an example, change as necessary -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, E...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

MAPI not working
I am using MYOB and want to send emails directly from MYOB using Windows Mail. However when I click on email in MYOB I get a message saying that "cannot find MAPI32.dll. Please install MAPI" I have tried this by downloading the mapi32.dll from a site but this has not worked. Can anyone help me please? FabFay MYOB needs a full MAPI client like Outlook. Windows Mail won't work. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Fabfay" <fabfay@iinet.net.au> wrote in message = news...

Running "All" Rules Doesn't work, but indviducal rules do
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have several Exchange rules set up. Most aren't enabled all the time. I just run them when I want to clean out my Inbox. I run them by selecting all messages and going to Messages -> Apply Rule. If I choose one rule at a time it works great. However, If I choose "All Rules" none of them work. Its been this way since I stared using the product several months ago and its getting unbearable. "mansopluc@officeformac.com" wrote: > I have several Exchange rules set up. Most aren't enabled ...

convert Access 2k to .NET, how?
Hi I have developed an access 2k database application. I now need to distribute it to several users. Since most of the users will not have ( & can not have) MS Access on thier machines, I am looking at a way to package the application as a standalone VB 6 or pref VB .NET application. Having no background in .NET I am not sure how or if this can be done successfully. ANY pointers/ advise on how to proceed in this regard would help a lot. Thanks!! An Access database cannot be converted easily into a VB / VB.Net App. There are some software packages that claim to be able to convert Access...

work hours 02-28-07
Hi, I'm making a workflow process where some tasks are tracked and must be completed after X work hours. In the workflow manager, I configure the waiting time, before the process starts to send e-mails and create new tasks. But that time does not respect the work hours of the owner of the process. Is there a solution already in CRM to make the process work accordig to the schedule of the owner or do I have to solve it with a parallel developement. Thanks, Irene ...

Windows XP key not working,Outlook not working, does anything MS makes works ?
bought a Windows XP upgrade disk from a friend and it installs ok, but has this dumb key on it that starts out with "XXXXX-640-blah-blah-blah" Whats the matter with it, is the installer or the software no good ?????? I paid good money for this crappe and get this and it cleaned out all my email and Kazaa. Next MS mess, how come Outlook 2003 (has almost the same bozo key number) does not send my messages to the forums and I have to use this way ? Is it not working too ? Like do they check any of these programs before they sell them ?? I paid almost $100 USD for this Office 2...

Event Procedure not working
I have a form with 2 fields Amount1 Amount2 What I am trying to accomplish is when you fill in Amount1, Amount 2 will automatically be 80% of the value of amount1 My code for Amount2 is =[Amount1]*.8 every event I have tried has produced nothing for Amount2. Any ideas where I should put this to get Amount2 code to work? Thanks "sonofroy" <sonofroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C931D631-B4D0-4758-B65F-7BAC0B4935F6@microsoft.com... >I have a form with 2 fields > > Amount1 > Amount2 > > What I am trying to accompli...

Everything works now....
I'm scared to breathe! All my bank, brokerage, and credit accounts sync and are updating with the right balances (even that pesky Ameritrade one). No duplicate accounts....no freaky download issues. I'm sure next time I log on, Money will have turned my personal finances into a jigsaw puzzle. When you were having problems updating, what did you do to fix it? >-----Original Message----- >I'm scared to breathe! All my bank, brokerage, and >credit accounts sync and are updating with the right >balances (even that pesky Ameritrade one). No duplicate >ac...

MSP updates actual work when editing work in resource usage view
Hi, we recently switched to a master project arrangement for all our projects, which brought on the need to use resource usage view to hand edit the distribution of remaining work for each resource/task. This has generally worked fine, except recently we've found this very annoying problem - when we alter the work values, MSP is actually also modifying the actual work values with the same numbers - why would it be doing this? Heres an example: Task1: Res1 has completed 5 hours of actual work, and has 4 hours remaining. These are scheduled for a Monday in 3 weeks, and ...

search does not work properly?
When seraching for mail the search gives no results if you check it manually the email you are looking for is 4 weeks earlier. 2 hours of work time lost for that manual search. Hard to say what is going on without any configuration details. For Instant Search troubleshooting steps see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Sys-admin-to...

GetPrivateProfileSectionNames only returning one section name
I was wondering if someone could tell me why the following code only returns a single section name of a multisection ini file. GetPrivateProfileSectionName(m_sReturnString,2000,m_sIniFile); MessageBox(m_sReturnString); Z.K. Never mind I figured it out. It had to do with the '\0' characters at the end of each string so I used a for loop to go through the string and set the '\0' to '\n' and now it prints out all the sections as it should. Z.K. "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23SBeiAErGHA.3920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl......

Outlook 2002 #129
Just loaded Outlook 2002 to my LapTop running under XP Home Version Oper. Sys. After Lunching Outlook - First message I get is: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open the item. Try again. I Reply OK - Then I get this message: Would you like to open your default File System folders instead? Once up - I think, I try and open the Appointments and get this message: Could not open the item. Try again. It gets this same message if I try to open any part of Outlook 2002. Please Help - Richard Richard Leemann <rleemann@bellsouth.net> wrote: &g...

Outlook Calendar to MS Works
MS Works can import a .vcs file but Outlook cannot export to a .vcs file. How can I export Outlook's calendar info to the MS Works calendar? Thanks, Irish Irish <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > MS Works can import a .vcs file but Outlook cannot export > to a .vcs file. How can I export Outlook's calendar info > to the MS Works calendar? Unfortunately, you can only save vCalendar (.vcs) files one appointment at a time in Outlook. Select the appointment you want and click File>Save As. In the "Save as Type" drop-down choose "vCalendar...

Change the background color of the Net display?
The net display Receipt is not a good color out of the box to show the total cause it is blue on a black background. Anyone know how to change the Total Price color to something other then Blue? Thanks -- Steve Hi Steven. If you would like to call me I can help you out. 253-509-2110 ask for Don "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" wrote: > The net display Receipt is not a good color out of the box to show the total > cause it is blue on a black background. Anyone know how to change the Total > Price color to something other then Blue? > Thanks > > -- > Ste...

Excel 2002 pauses/freezes constantly
I installed Excel 2002 on a new Dell Latitude D800 Laptop with a 1.7Ghz Intel Centrino chip and 512MB RAM. It is free-standing (not connected to a network) and I have almost 60 gigs of free hard drive space. When I am working with spreadsheets Excel freezes for about 15 seconds every minute or two, especially if I am scrolling down pages and every time I boldface text. This sometimes occurs several times per minute. For example, if I boldface something it freezes for about 15 seconds but the next items I boldface are instant. It's almost like it is backing up or writing to the hard drive, ...

Purge Deleted Messages does not Work!
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2002 to connect to an IMAP server, however recently the Purge Deleted Message is failing to work. It asks if I'm sure then just doesn't to anything?! Any ideas? stevie ...

Working in Group mode
I have a peculiar problem. Whenever I perform an action in Group mode (some or all sheets are grouped), my excel does not perform normally afterwards. For example, I can no longer scroll the worksheet using the mouse wheel. Many of my macros stop working. All the more, I cannot exit excel in the usual manner. I use the task manager to end the excel task. Has any one come across a similar problem. I don't know if it is a problem with my installation either. I run Excel 2003 on windows xp ...

it worked!
Thanks that worked! Even the best with excel in my office couldn't figure that one out!! Colleen, It would be nice to stay in the ORIGINAL thread so we would all know what worked. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AAA07B5-D89D-43E4-AFDC-899B2C432218@microsoft.com... > Thanks that worked! Even the best with excel in my office couldn't figure that one out!! Well, clearly the best in your office are not as good as Debra<g>. Seriously though, the constituency here is much...

Junk Mail Filter Doesn't work #2
Hi, XP constantly attempts to update Outlook with a new junk mail filter. It never succeeds. Anyone have this problem and how did you solve it? Thanks. Phil Usually when the update fails, you get a message that tells you a knowledge base to check. Neil "The Mighty Dad" <Dropthisraptor136@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qEcsg.116447$Ce1.15809@dukeread01... > Hi, > > XP constantly attempts to update Outlook with a new junk mail filter. It > never succeeds. Anyone have this problem and how did you solve it? > Thanks. > > Phil > It did...

My Page Navigation is not working
I have Publisher 2002. On previous versions, and on my 2002 verson on my home computer, the page number that you are on is highlighted on the Page Navigation toolbar on the bottom. However, this feature is not working on my computer at work. I have tried to re-install with no success. I frequently work on multiple paged document and cannot tell what page I am on. Please help... Go menu VIEW > STATUS BAR -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" The display is already there showing each page in my document, it is just not highl...