get the running path

Hi,

i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from the
main args. But I do not remember how to extract the information. Could
somebody give me the example?

Thanks,
Holger

0
hok (48)
2/23/2004 9:25:53 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi holger, try this

TCHAR szPath[MAX_PATH];
GetModuleFileName(GetModuleHandle(GetExeName()), szPath, MAX_PATH);
--
kind regards, muechel

while(!sleep())
   ++sheep;

0
Muechel (42)
2/23/2004 9:41:07 AM
hi,
   Try GetModuleFileName()
       AfxGetInstanceHandle()
Dont remember which one will give the path.
hth
gangadhar
Holger Krei�l wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from the
> main args. But I do not remember how to extract the information. Could
> somebody give me the example?
>
> Thanks,
> Holger

Won't Run #2
My MS Money 2002 version all of a sudden would not open no matter where we tried. I'm running windows XP and all other programs are fine.Any suggestions? Try reading some previous postings in this NG. It is all explained. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10afb01c3f446$5aa5f6e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My MS Money 2002 version all of a sudden would not open > no m...

need to put a condition to run macro
Hello I have the following macro assigned to a button. I wanted to modify the same to do the following. I need to run this macro only if the value in C66=2 When I am running this macro, it paste the value '1' in C66. So If click the button again it will not run unless the value change to 2 Hope someone help me. Thanks Toms Public Sub CopyValues() With Range("M" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) .Value = .Offset(-1, 0).Value + 1 .Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 2).Value = Range("p1:q1").Value Range("b5").Value = .Value End With Range("C66"...

compact database at run time
hi How can i compact my access database programmatically .. In MSDN they gave a code like #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\Msado15.DLL" #import "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\System\ado\MSJRO.DLL" no_namespace try { IJetEnginePtr jet(__uuidof(JetEngine)); jet->CompactDatabase( "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\nwind2.mdb", "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=d:\\abbc.mdb;" \ "Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=4"); } catch(_com_error &e) { ::MessageBox(NULL, (LPCTSTR)e.De...

Running code when hyperlink clicked
Hello, I am definitely baffled. I am trying to run code when a hyperlink is clicked. I am using Excel 2007, the hyperlink is created in a cell on Sheet 1 using "=hyperlink()", the hyperlink is to a video clip, and events are definitely enabled. I had tried two things, either of which would be fine: 1. I put the following code in Sheet1, and it did not respond at all. What am I doing wrong? Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1") = "It Ran" End Sub 2. I put the following...

Same file exists when I run Optimizer
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "�̱�ö" <kclee@jcsworld.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is...

A Crystal Beginner

My windows giveth xml and it taketh away! Include path!
I wrote a screensaver, via Visual Studio 2003 in C# and I decided a wiser choice for me was to use an xml file to save my configs. Btw: I wonder if this is why every bit of documentation I've found for saving configuration info in an xml file speak of only doing this for web programming in fact, I get the impression that they have been slipped a mickey that made them forget that there are programs out there that are not web based, but I digress ... I could have done a regular config files be just a regular text file, but I figured, I might as well do it with xml like everyone else ...

Windows 2008 and long paths
Hi! The Vista shell has some support for paths longer than MAX_PATH (260 chars): http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2006/12/13/1275292.aspx Does the 2008 shell have the same (or better) support? Kind regards, Thomas ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

running SQL Reporting Services over the Internet
Hello: As far as I can tell, the following are the only ways of running the Report Manager for SQL Reporting Services insideor outside of Business Portal for those users who are not on the LAN: (1) Install the SRS web parts for SharePoint and customize Business Portal to use the web parts, (2) Create a VPN connection, or (3) Open the SRS port on the SQL server box and if possible utilize either SSL or ISA. Am I correct? I mean, if you're not on the network, you can't run Report Manager. So, I'm trying to find ways of allowing such users this access. Thanks! childoft...

Stopping a chart when the data runs out
Using Excel 2007, I have a chart set up to display based on a table. However, the table will have a variable number of entries. The way I have the data defined now includes the whole table which has a maximum of 25 entries. So if there are only 20 entries, the last 5 default to "", or for practical purposes, 0. If the rest of the table values are in the 70's, and the chart is a control chart, that makes the chart "taller" than it needs to be, and hard to read the part of the chart that contains the real data. What I would like to do is define the data to be plotted ...