Get text from anather application

 want to get to copy or get the selected text from internet explorer
i use this code to get the hWnd

HWND FgHwnd=GetForegroundWindow();

DWORD lpdwProcessId;
DWORD td=GetWindowThreadProcessId(FgHwnd,&lpdwProcessId);

AttachThreadInput(td,GetCurrentThreadId(),TRUE);

HWND awnd=GetFocus();

and then i use SendMessage to copy the text

char buffer[256] = {0};
SendMessage(awnd, WM_COPY,255, (LPARAM)&buffer);

its works fine if the application has a simple edit or rich edit box.
but i when i want to get the text from internet explorer it doesnt
work.

Please help me
natanr123@vfemail.net

0
natanr123 (8)
12/4/2006 7:25:05 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That's because WM_COPY  only works for Edit and combobox controls.

You might want to send a Ctrl+C using SendInput(...).

AliR.

"natanr123" <natanr123@vfemail.net> wrote in message
> want to get to copy or get the selected text from internet explorer
> i use this code to get the hWnd
>
> HWND FgHwnd=GetForegroundWindow();
>

> DWORD lpdwProcessId;
> DWORD td=GetWindowThreadProcessId(FgHwnd,&lpdwProcessId);
>

> AttachThreadInput(td,GetCurrentThreadId(),TRUE);
>

> HWND awnd=GetFocus();
>

> and then i use SendMessage to copy the text
>

> char buffer[256] = {0};
> SendMessage(awnd, WM_COPY,255, (LPARAM)&buffer);
>

> its works fine if the application has a simple edit or rich edit box.
> but i when i want to get the text from internet explorer it doesnt
> work.
>

> Please help me
> natanr123@vfemail.net

0
AliR3470 (3235)
12/4/2006 8:05:36 PM
Is there another way to do that
I have a problem with the INPUT structure
its undeclared because of some reason

0
natanr123 (8)
12/4/2006 8:17:39 PM
> Is there another way to do that

Not that I know of.

> I have a problem with the INPUT structure
> its undeclared because of some reason

To get things working, open your stdafx.h and change the define _WIN32_WINNT
from 0x0400 to 0x0410

AliR.

0
AliR3470 (3235)
12/4/2006 8:21:28 PM
This makes a couple unwarranted assumptions:

(a) the target app supports WM_COPY
(b) all the text can be represented in 8-bit characters.

You should be using the automation interfaces for this purpose.  And they would typically
assume Unicode.

Think of 'char' as a quaint data type from ancient history that is used in very rare and
exotic situations.  Otherwise, it should be thought of as an obsolete concept.  TCHAR,
LPTSTR, LPCTSTR, and CString should be your data types of choice.  Always think Unicode.
					joe
On 4 Dec 2006 11:25:05 -0800, "natanr123" <natanr123@vfemail.net> wrote:

> want to get to copy or get the selected text from internet explorer
>i use this code to get the hWnd
>
>HWND FgHwnd=GetForegroundWindow();
>

>DWORD lpdwProcessId;
>DWORD td=GetWindowThreadProcessId(FgHwnd,&lpdwProcessId);
>

>AttachThreadInput(td,GetCurrentThreadId(),TRUE);
>

>HWND awnd=GetFocus();
>

>and then i use SendMessage to copy the text
>

>char buffer[256] = {0};
>SendMessage(awnd, WM_COPY,255, (LPARAM)&buffer);
>

>its works fine if the application has a simple edit or rich edit box.
>but i when i want to get the text from internet explorer it doesnt
>work.
>

>Please help me
>natanr123@vfemail.net
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15978)
12/4/2006 9:03:44 PM
Thaks for the help

I tried the SendInput and i could see it sends the keys (with spy)
But it didnt work (not even with simple edit control)

INPUT input[4] ;
    ZeroMemory( input, sizeof(input) ) ;
    input[0].type = input[1].type =
        input[2].type = input[3].type = INPUT_KEYBOARD ;
    input[0].ki.wVk = input[3].ki.wVk = VK_CONTROL ;
    input[1].ki.wVk = input[2].ki.wVk = 'c' ;
    input[2].ki.dwFlags = input[3].ki.dwFlags = KEYEVENTF_KEYUP ;
    input[0].ki.time = input[1].ki.time =
        input[2].ki.time = input[3].ki.time = GetTickCount() ;
    SendInput( 4, input, sizeof(INPUT) ) ;

The way i run my program is like this
I have a very simple api program that doesnt even start  the WinProc
(so doesnt steal foucs)
and i made a shortcut to the desktop and attached to hotkey to it (ctrl
+alt+ y)
and then i get the hwnd of the active window and SendInput

if you have any idea how can i make this work

0
natanr123 (8)

How to change Static Text property in a function?
I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in member function. How to do that? sxy7711 wrote: > I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in > member function. How to do that? > > See the example in the doc page for OnCtlColor. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

03Excel shldn't chg col hdrs to nos after text to col, keep alpha
2003 EXCEL: After using text-to-columns, column headers change to numbers, the same as the rows. Afterwards, it's difficult to create formulas to work with in the spread sheets, especially when you want to use absolute references. I looked through help but found no relief. The only way I could figure out how to change them back is to close the workbook, open a previous workbook that has alpha across the top, and then reopen the problem workbook. Excel adopts the first spread sheet's view and carries it over to the problem workbook. Save it then. If anyone else knows a keyb...

A Crystal Beginner

Alter position of "Duplicate Receipt" text on receipt
Hi, I'm not too familiar with XML, but I'd really like to be able to move the position of the text "Duplicate Receipt" into the main body of the receipt- below the store address- as opposed to having it as a header and footer. Can anyone help? Thanks. hi Tara, you can do so, Open the receipt.xml file and find there are 2 boolean paramter <SET name="ShowDuplicateBefore" custom="false" description="Show Duplicate At Top" type="vbBoolean"> True </SET> <SET name="ShowDuplicateAfter" custom="true&q...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Convert a formula into text
I downloaded a text file from a client data software. Now when I opened the txt file in excel it converted one column into formulas when it should have been txt. For example in the txt file reads "-AD", now in excel reads "=- AD". It's giving me a display "#NAME?". What I really need is just to get rid of the "=" sign. I tried diferent ways. I used txt functions like text, trim, left, right, etc. I also tried copy and paste as value. Is there any other way to do this process smoother and faster? what do you suggest I need to do? This file as ...

inserting texts in cell based on conditions
Hi, I would very much appreciate if someone could help me solving a problem, illustrated by the following example: Column A B C 1 1 "LB" 2 1 "DK" 3 4 1 1 "LB/DK" If there's a 1 in column A, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "LB" inserted into it. If there's a 1 in column C, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "DK" inserted into it. If both column A and B have ones in them, the corresponding cell should get the...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Server error in '/' Application 08-16-03
When I want to save some information (web based) like a quick Contact, I receive the following error: Server Error in '/' application. A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client ............ anyone an idea ? Thx Hi Everyone, I was having the same error when trying to edit my Business Unit(New Install). I tried your suggested fix but now I cannot open the CRM app from the browser (server nor client) It opens up the IIS default page. How can I correct this? Help!!! Thanks, Jaime >-----Original Message----- >You need to uninstall the 1.1 .N...

Get photos from a camera

Using Application.WorksheetFunction.Ln(...) in VBA
Hello; I have searched the help files, several programming in excel books and this forum to try to discover how to convert a Range object into it's constituent double values in order to use Ln(...) in module.. eg dLog = Application.WorksheetFunction.Ln(oXValues) where "oXValues" is a range of values from a worksheet. Obviously a range object is not a Double. I am trying to produce the Slope and Intercept coefficients for a graph. IE for Logrythmic regression one would use Slope(knownYValues, LN(knownXValues)) & Intercept(knownYValues, LN(knowXValues)). This works great ...

Excel 2007: Formula bar text flicker, can't access other open workbooks or close Excel.
I am working on a fairly large application that refers to code in several addins. Userforms are used, but there are no shapes, charts, etc. on any worksheet. My problem is that 'randomly', but usually some time after using the main form (that can interact with cells on a worksheet) the test in the formula bar textbox starts flickering like some code is caught in an endless loop. I can interact with Excel at this point, but can't naviagate to other workbooks or even close Excel without ending it's process via TaskManager. The only way to get the flickering to stop is ...