Get BItmap From HDC

I'm stuck with getting CBitmap object from HDC.
I'm using ecw SDK to view ecw files, and I need my soft to return
CBitmap object of this .ecw file.
in SDK there is a method:

DrawImage( HDC DeviceContext, LPRECT pClipRect, IEEE8 dWorldTLX, IEEE8
dWorldTLY, IEEE8 dWorldBRX, IEEE8 dWorldBRY );

wich works just fine, it draws picture into givet device context.

DrawImage(hdc, &m_Rect, m_dTLX, m_dTLY, m_dBRX, m_dBRY);
CBitmap bitmap;
CBitmap * bmp=bitmap.FromHandle((HBITMAP)hdc);

is this right?? if DrawImage method drawed picture into HDC already?.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you have an HDC, and it has a bitmap selected into it, you can call the
CDC::GetCurrentBitmap method.

If you have an HBITMAP, you can create a CBitmap object from it by doing

HBITMAP bmp;
.....get handle to bitmap

CBitmap * result = CBitmap::FromHande(bmp);

But what you wrote will treat the handle to the DC AS IF it were a handle to a bitmap,
which it is not.  Therefore, that code cannot work.
			joe

On Mon, 26 May 2008 03:10:52 -0700 (PDT), Starscream <dima.petchonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm stuck with getting CBitmap object from HDC.
>I'm using ecw SDK to view ecw files, and I need my soft to return
>CBitmap object of this .ecw file.
>in SDK there is a method:
>
>DrawImage( HDC DeviceContext, LPRECT pClipRect, IEEE8 dWorldTLX, IEEE8
>dWorldTLY, IEEE8 dWorldBRX, IEEE8 dWorldBRY );
>
>wich works just fine, it draws picture into givet device context.
>
>DrawImage(hdc, &m_Rect, m_dTLX, m_dTLY, m_dBRX, m_dBRY);
>CBitmap bitmap;
>CBitmap * bmp=bitmap.FromHandle((HBITMAP)hdc);
>
>is this right?? if DrawImage method drawed picture into HDC already?.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15979)

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

Excel Data List Gets "Stuck" -- Help
This has now happened for the second time. I have a "data list" that is around 1800 rows in size. Somcetimes, after I've filtered the data to show just a small number of rows, it gets "stuck." I I am no longer able to expand the list to show all the rows. I've gone in to all the columns and chosen "All" for all the columns and it still does not work. I know I can highight the entire list and tell it to remove the list and recreate the list, but that's a pain, and I lose some formatting. Can anyone help me? -- slobizman -----------------------...

how do you get umlauts?
I've changed the language to German but how do I get umlauts helen <helen@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've changed the language to German but how do I get umlauts a) Change your keyboard layout to German in Regional Settings. The umlauted letters are then where ', ;, and [ are on a standard UK keyboard (uncertain about USA) (� is where - is) or b) Use Insert > Symbol or c) Memorise the character codes. To get � for example, hold down Alt and tap 0252 on your numeric keypad, then release Alt. 0223 is �, 0246 is �, and 0228 is ...

Get this error trying to get @live.com mail to sync with Windows M
[error messge] Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 You enabled an option that your mail server does not support. In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers, then uncheck "Log on using Secure Password Authentication". -- Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "JbarJensen" <JbarJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

getting started #3
having trouble opening my outlook. what do i need to do to be able to use microsoft outlook. you need a profile. Control panel, mail... add a profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point yo...

When UPDATE_UI gets called
Hello, I am struggling with trying to update menu items. The docs say that UPDATE_COMMAND_UI gets called before a popup menu is displayed, but I am experiencing a situation where it does not get called until after a menu item is actually chosen from the popup. Additionally, the CCmdUI object being passed to my Update handler contains all nulls for the various menu handle members. Below I have included code which represents how I construct the menu: CMenu FileMenu; FileMenu.CreatePopupMenu(); FileMenu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING, ID_FILE_EXIT, "E&xit"); CMen...

Pocket Money and Money
I have a rather new Pocket PC 2003 with Pocket Money 2004, but the Money version on the pc (XP) is named version 11.0 + 11.0.120. No year attached to it. It is an OEM installation. The pocket installation seems not to find the money installation when installed. I have reinstalled a number of times even with the pocket PC folder inside the money folder in programs, no help... Any help out there? The OEM install on your XP is Money 2003. Assuming you meant Microsoft Money for Pocket PC 2004 is on your PPC, you could do one of the following: 1. Wait for Money 2005 release by end of summ...