Gdi+ (Mfc) & Scrolling - any pointers to examples please

Gdi+ (Mfc) & Scrolling - any pointers to examples please

I need to update an MFC project to use Gdi+.  Can anyone
point me to an example.

My IDEAL example would be an undated   non-ole  version of

 Scribble           which would use

    MFC
    GDI+
    Scrolling
    Zooming                    :)
    Double Buffering           :)   :)   :)

But and other help and or hints even good C# !!! examples would be
better than nothing.

I tried working from the final (non-ole) Scribble example (VC6)
but I could not get the GDI+ DC to display :(  Sigh hence my request.

Many Thanks if you can help

--
Roger

0
BMG
4/18/2004 12:12:24 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Roger,

It seems like GDI+ is the barrier for you, so you might want to check

http://www.codeproject.com/vcpp/gdiplus/

or

http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/G-M/gdi/ (a bit down on the page).

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"BMG Support" <support (at) BusinessMailGateway.com> a �crit dans le message
de news:VA.000000a2.0062734e@hostname.not.set.up...

> Gdi+ (Mfc) & Scrolling - any pointers to examples please
>
> I need to update an MFC project to use Gdi+.  Can anyone
> point me to an example.
>
> My IDEAL example would be an undated   non-ole  version of
>
>  Scribble           which would use
>
>     MFC
>     GDI+
>     Scrolling
>     Zooming                    :)
>     Double Buffering           :)   :)   :)
>
> But and other help and or hints even good C# !!! examples would be
> better than nothing.
>
> I tried working from the final (non-ole) Scribble example (VC6)
> but I could not get the GDI+ DC to display :(  Sigh hence my request.
>
> Many Thanks if you can help
>
> --
> Roger

Formula HELP!! Please!
Hi, I have a % (changes each month) ... ex: 104% which is weighted in the following manner: The first 60% is calc. with a multiplier of 0.60 The next 40% is calc. with a multiplier of 1.45 The next 4% is calc. with a multiplier of 30 Since the overall % changes each month, what is the best formula to write so that I can drop in the % in one cell and the formula will calc. the multiplier in another cell. (So if I have 100% next month, I can leave the formula and it will know not to calculate the 4%). THANK YOU! Try this - assuming your %age is in A1 =0.6*A1 + 0.85*Max(0,A1-0.6)+ 2...

Toolbar 256 colors support in MFC
I am developing SDI base application (using MFC) in vs2k5. I want to add toolbar with the support of 256 colors, but when I add the new toolbar in Resource, its support 16 colors. Can you guide me the way to add toolbar supported with 256 colors? Regards, -aims www.codeproject.com/docking/truecolortoolbar.asp "Mohammad Omer" <momer114@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1169031749.896362.82460@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I am developing SDI base application (using MFC) in vs2k5. I want to > add toolbar with the support of 256 colors, but when I add the new > to...

Please Help With This Formula
In column D I have a category rating 1, 2, 3 or 4 for example cat means a repair must be made within one month, cat 2 within 3 month etc. Column J is date issued, column K is date due. My question is - how can I flag what is overdue? Can a cell turn into colour via a formula on a certain date?? I would be very grateful for any ideas Regards Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look at Conditional Formatting (Format / Conditional Formatting) Visit here too: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html for an introduction -- Andy. "p3project >&q...

MFC Migration Kit still exists?
Does it still exist? Can I convert MSDN Win32 samples to MFC base? REFERENCE: --------------- Microsoft Visual C++/Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) Frequently Asked Questions Michael Pickens (mfc_faq@stingray.com) Version 5.6 Last updated: 7/14/98 ...says that: 13.5.6. What's the best way to convert my C Windows App to MFC? Microsoft and Symantec have jointly developed a tool that helps you make the move from a C Windows application to MFC. It's called the MFC migration kit. You can find it on the MSVC 2.x CD-ROM in the MFCKIT directory. The kit is also available from the Microsof...

MFC and SOAP #import problem
This is a stange thing I have come across, I have developed a project using SOAP and initially this project worked fine until i had to change some hard coded values and then i got errors I havent found a solution to, btw I havent really used soap with mfc before. error C4772: #import referenced a missing type library (didnt happen before, error not found in vc help, dll is mssoap30.dll) and lots of error C2440: return conversion errors because of the __missing_type__ subsitutions. Another further point when tryin to deploy the release version using a setup installer, it wont register mssoap...

Please Help w/ Macro!!!
I get spreadsheets that have numerous (superfluous) tabs that I must delete every time before I present the data. When I record a macro to delete these tabs and then execute it, I still have to respond to the dialog box - " do you want to delete this worksheet as it may contain links to other worksheets". There are 22 tabs (worksheets) that I must delete, so even with my macro, I have to press Enter 22 times - not very efficient!!! Any ideas to eliminate or bypass the dialog box and have the macro automatically delete the tabs? application.displayalerts = false 'your ...

Is it Possible to call MFC dll from Win32 DLL?
Hi, I would like to know is there any way that i can use classes present in MFC Regular DLL to be accessible within my win32 DLL Yes. Theres nothing special about it. Expose the methods from your DLL and use it the way you normally would. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Schwang" <schwang_sam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eiD9ls5fEHA.2028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like to know is there any way that i can use classes present in MFC > Regular DLL to be accessible within my win32 DLL > > ...

Please help, cannot connect Outlook to internet
I would appreciate advice. I am very new to computers and can't figure this out! I recently received a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. Since I only have a dial-up connection and I want to use this in a room where there is no telephone jack, I needed a long phone cord to connect the laptop to the phone jack. I attached the 50' cord to the laptop last week and all went fine connecting to the Internet. However, I cannot seem to make the connection again. I enter the password and it dials (pulse!), and the box says "connected to remote computer", then "verifying n...

Odd COleDropTarget behaviour in MFC MDI application
I have an MFC MDI app. For discussion purposes, we can assume it has a Main Frame, an MDIChild window, and a 'floating' tool window. (The tool window has the following style flags set: DS_SETFONT, DS_SETFOREGROUND, DS_FIXEDSYS, WS_POPUP, WS_CAPTION, WS_SYSMENU, WS_THICKFRAME, WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW.) I derived a drag-handler class from COleDropTarget, one for the Main Frame and one for the tool window. I've overridden the OnDragEnter(), OnDragLeave(), OnDragOver(), and OnDrop() methods. I've declared one of these as a member/field in each of the Main Frame and tool window clas...

Any help using Crystal Report in MFC or anything ....
to create a report Best regard finalyvn There are several MFC sample apps on the CR website. "finalyvn" <trananhtai@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eu6WwwQmDHA.3024@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > to create a report > Best regard > finalyvn > > There is a printing support in latest version of HtmLayout (http://htmlayout.com). It is pretty easy to generate HTML programmaticly and use HtmLayout for viewing and printing your reports. Professional version of HtmLayout includes also methods for "HTML paginating". Never been easier. Andrew Fedoniouk. ...

Need some pointers
I just started playing with the XML extensions of the CRL and have a question and have not seen how why what I have here is happening. Now I do know my XML is not complete and the file layout we are starting with is simply a prototype Any way here is a cut out of my xml file <IADSNOTES type='public' count='4'><Note ID='1' app='Readr' csm='0'><File href='C:\IADS\DEMO\DEMO.SGM'/><Frame num='1' id='INTRODUCTION TO IADS' title=''/><User>Guest</User><Pos ScrollPos='0'/><Te...

How do I enable side ways scrolling using the mouse?
I have a Loitech Mouse with a scroll wheel that will lean to the left and right controlling the horizontal scroll bar. This works very well in most packages incl Excel 2003 but does not work in Excel 2007. It is extremely useful if you work with very large worksheets a lot. Can anyone suggest how I can make the scroll wheel work without losing the ability to use it in other packages? ...

Error PLEASE HELP!!!
I'm trying to syudi Ansi C in this program like suggested by my University Book, #include "stdafx.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define MAXLINES 5000 /* max #lines to be sorted */ char *lineptr[MAXLINES]; /* pointers to text lines */ int readlines(char *lineptr[], int nlines); void writelines(char *lineptr[], int nlines); void qsort(void *lineptr[], int left, int right, int (*comp)(void *, void *)); int numcmp(char *, char *); int StrCmp(char *, char *); /* sort input lin...

Is it possible to make a MFC dialog In-Proc when called from and ATL COM from VB?
Hi, I have an ATL COM object that contains a MFC Dialog. One method of my ATL must allow me to display the dialog in modal (DoModal). I use this ATL COM in my VB app. I want to call the ATL Method from my VB app to make the MFC dialog appear in modal. The problem is : The dialog appears, but is not in-proc. So I receive a message each time I click on the parent window (not a beep sound, but really a message). Is it possible at all to make my dialog appear in-proc or it is a limitation of the COM (or VB) usage? Someone talked to me about In-Proc server, but I really don't understand ...

"please wait while outlook closes"
outlook does not shutdown properly. sp3. why is there no hotfix to download for this (article 834005)? I tried support, but it wouldnt accept my perfectly legitimate product id. this is frustrating. i need outlook to close. sort it out bill! Contact Microsoft for the hotfix as stated in the article. You can call them about it as well. Are you sure you have the exact same issue? What version of Outlook are you using? Also take a look here; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlo...

Basic example formula needed to link between sheets add/subtract
I've tired =j6+g21 but from different sheets, so its possible when i change one the other changes also. What formula do I need, because thats just not working Type the = sign, then go to the other sheet and click in J6, then hit the + sign, and go to the relevant sheet and click in G21. Hit enter. You should have a formula that looks something like =Sheet2!J6+Sheet3!G21 -- David Biddulph "gnagy84" <gnagy84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:250E38BC-6FDF-4AE0-BB5D-EFBCA737B573@microsoft.com... > I've tired =j6+g21 but from different sheets, so i...

Scrolling problem #3
hi all.. I have one ListCtrl and one listbox. when i scroll listctrl i want to scroll listbox also. ::SendMessage(pLeftBox->m_hWnd,WM_VSCROLL,MAKEWPARAM(nSBCode,nPos),0); using this code It is working fine. But my problem is, when i scroll it using mouse scroll button listctrl is scrolling but no change in listbox. thank u. You need to handle the WM_MOUSEWHEEL message. BOOL CScrollingList::OnMouseWheel(UINT nFlags, short zDelta, CPoint pt) { if (m_pOtherWnd) { m_pOtherWnd->SendMessage(WM_MOUSEWHEEL,MAKEWPARAM(nFlags,zDelta),MAKELPARAM( pt.x,pt.y)); } return CListCtr...

Outlook Scroll
I need some help. My scroll button does not work in my outlook contacts list. It works everywhere else on my computer and other parts of my outlook. I am using outlook from Office xp. THanks! ...

Internationalization
I'm posting this in the MFC newsgroup because the application I'm working with is an MFC MDI one so apologies if it should be elsewhere. When I set the WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL in the CMainFrame PreCreateWindow function the window in mirrored as expected, as is the toolbar. I would like to stop the bitmaps on the toolbar getting reflected and have found articles on the MSDN site that talk about setting the LAYOUT_BITMAPORIENTATIONPRESERVED flag on the current device context. This may very well fix the problem but I don't know where I should be setting this flag, I have tried to do t...

Urgent Please: Development Environment Convert to Access 2002/2003 a Property
Dear All, Windows XP w/SP2 Access 2002/2003 w/SP3 Can someone please help me to understand this Property of an OCX called SftTree I need to convert it and use in Access 2002/2003 in order to display the SftTree.Version Property SftTree.Version Property Softel vdm, Inc. Returns the product's exact version. Syntax Get VB.NET Text = object.Version As String VB Text = object.Version As String C#.NET string Text = object.Version; VC++ _bstr_t Text = object->Version; _bstr_t Text = object->GetVersion(); C HRESULT object->get_Version(BSTR* Text); Delphi Text := objec...

MFC & Guis
As we know MFC makes ugly guis. Is there a way to beauitfy mfc applications so that they look more professional? Maybe skinning tools? Third party gui librarieis? Thanks. Jessica Out of interest, can you link to something you regard as a good looking GUI, just for reference. "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jo0Bf.18723$dW3.8663@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com... > As we know MFC makes ugly guis. Is there a way to beauitfy mfc > applications so that they look more professional? Maybe skinning tools? > Third party gui librarieis? > &g...

Can someone please explain why my Lot Matrix won't work?
I buy a pallet of wax at 40 boxes or 2200 lbs. I sell it by the pallet or by the box, or by the slab. I have set up the matrix using 40 boxes 1 box and 1 slab. In this one I put the box as the child of the pallet with a quantity of 1 and the slab a child of the box with a quantity of 5 as there are 5 slabs per box. If I have 0 pallets and 16 boxes with and 5 slabs and sell 2 slabs it adds 16 to the pallet quantity? If I set it up with 200 slabs in pallet quantity and 5 in box quantity and 1 as slabs and parent child each the same as before and sell a slab it adds 3 pallets????Microsoft ...

MS Money 2007 hangs when customizing reports...please help
I am getting ready for tax season and wanted to customize my reports, but no matter what report I choose, Money hangs after I click Customize... on the left side bar. MS Money 2007 sp2 (16.0.120.1303) on Win XP Home sp2, etc After I click the Customize link, I cannot do anything in Money...nothing is clickable, cannot exit, access menus, nothing. The only way to get out is to use task manager to kill the program. Advance Reporting is enabled. If you just let it sit there, the report with periodically refresh the data, so something inside money is working. I have done the standard file re...

Passing 2 params from MFC/ActiveX to IE/Javascript engine
The code below works fine when I pass only one parameter to the Javascript function that sits on the currently displayed page in IE. However if I try to pass 2 parameters (as shown below), the 1st argument (rgvarg[1] ) is the only one that makes it to the Javascript function in IE. Same result if I swap those two arguments, only the first arg (rgvarg[1] ) survives. So I can pass the int, or the BSTR, but not both. Is than an IE-specific restriction? I haven't seen any generic COM postings on such an issue. Thanks Eric MS VC++ (2003) code: LRESULT CMyActiveXCtrl::OnReceivedMessage(WP...

help someone...please
Hi! I need some help. I am trying to print out the transactions from my account and I keep getting a column with a running balance? What I see on the screen is the current balance but I cannot get that to print. Also how do you figure out what pages to type in when you are selecting a range? I have spent so much time "playing around" but cannot figure it out! Really wish Microsoft would stand behind their products and allow people to call and get help without charging them an arm or a leg! Thanks!!!!! Wouldn't the last balance in the column with the running bala...