Ftp : how to detect a Time Out

Hello everybody,

I use MFC classes CInternetSession and CFtpConnection to open a
permanent connection to a ftp server. But this server disconnect me
after a given time. Can I detect a time out from the server on the
client side (my code !) ? Or should I test directly an internet handle
?

Thanks very much for your help.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

cyril.delmas@gmail.com wrote:
> I use MFC classes CInternetSession and CFtpConnection to open a
> permanent connection to a ftp server. But this server disconnect me
> after a given time. Can I detect a time out from the server on the
> client side (my code !) ? Or should I test directly an internet handle

Timeout isn't something you detect, it's something you declare. I never
worked with those classes, but I imagine that such functionality doesn't
exist because it's entirely up to you to decide when to stop waiting and
abort whatever you were doing.
0
mac1 (347)

Query join Date\Time confusion
Hi I have a table that is produced from a download from a Index telephone switch. It stores the date and time data in one column in the format: 07/12/2007 08:42:23 The switch also produces an agent table tha shows their login, log off, free, busy status. However this stores just the Time in 08:42:23 Format Now I need to list the agent status against the long date time format. However I join the two tables by the date columns but access doesnt match due to the Date being on the left column. I've tried various methods, I.e. creating a query that looks like this Date: =date() ...

Detecting Screen res
Is there a way Excel can auto detect the screen res of a VDU an automatically resize thing like msg boxes so that text is centred o both big and small screen resolutions rather than ending with the tex all over the place ? Cheeeeeeeeeeers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here is an open macro that automatically re-sizes the zoom based on users resolution. It is set to do each sheet based on the defined range to be used. So, in THIS case, each sheet must have the defined name sheet1!myzoom , etc. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual App...

How do I set default start time, File-New-Meeting "start time"
when we point on a date in the furture - and then click on "File", "New", "Booking" - then thus form starts at 23:59 the day BEFORE .... I would like to have to start on the same date - and mayby at 08:00 ... Will it possible to change the start time? What happens if you double click on the date or time period? If you use month view, you'll get all day appointments, if you use a day view with time periods, you'll get an appointment for the time period. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

need help with TIME please
greetings! i need help about time. i use this to compute time in a cybercafe. i use excel instead of those expensive cafe monitors. ok. this is the problem. in my cafe i have sets of rates: regular rate and happy hour rate. regular rate runs from 8AM to 10PM at 15 per hour/.25 per minute and happy hour runs from 10PM to 8AM at 10 per hour/.17 per minute. i charge a minimum of 1 hour and charged per minute thereafter. i already have formulas for regular rate and happy hour. but what about clients logged in during regular rate and logged out at happy hour, and in less than 1 hour? the formu...

convert longitude into time
yap i just want to know how to convert the terrestial longitude into time thks. Check out the below link by Chip on Latitude and Longitude.. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/LatLong.aspx -- Jacob "veenock" wrote: > yap i just want to know how to convert the terrestial longitude into time > thks. you can't do this very easily since you'd need a table of time zones - which would need to include latitude too, and then there's the problem of dealing with Summer Time etc etc. "veenock" <veenock@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How to create a FTP session
Hello!! Does anyone have any example or any good site where I can find information how to establish a FTP session. //Tony TonyJ wrote: > Hello!! > > Does anyone have any example or any good site where I can find information > how to establish a FTP session. http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&lr=&q=CFtpConnection&btnG=Search find in the result cedtdev/RemoteFile.cpp cod On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:23:52 +0200, TonyJ wrote: >Does anyone have any example or any good site where I can find information >how to establish a FTP session. Using MFC? http://msdn2...

publisher 2002 ftp to html
Have a problem uploading my web pages that I made on publisher 2002 to transfer to my web host. the ftp files are not reading correctly and only will show the text, and no pictures. Can anyone help. thanks You will have to upload the images separately. Go here for lots of help for Publisher web design. www.davidbartosik.com Also this newsgroup will be helpful news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "brian" <duckmaster1@insightbb.com> wrote in ...

Daylight Savings Time Patch for Exchange 2003 SP1
Is there a patch for MS Exchange 2003 regarding the Daylight Savings Time issue or do I just need the Windows 2003 patch? Thank you. In news:uKJzQB0WHHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, AMP <amplee@yahoo.com> typed: > Is there a patch for MS Exchange 2003 regarding the Daylight Savings > Time issue or do I just need the Windows 2003 patch? > > Thank you. Yes - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926666 First apply the Windows patch....then the workstation patch(es) - then the Exchange patch, and then either the calendar tool or have each user run the Outlook tzmove.exe tool o...

Formatting times
How do I format a column so that it shows hours:minutes:seconds:tenths when either hours or tenths may not be part of the data input? I'd also prefer not to have zero for the hours or tenths if they're not there. And why does the "input field" at the top of the screen show the number as a time even if I've formatted the cell as one of the other "time" choices? TIA bj That going to be hard using the Format Cells dialog box but suppose your times are starting in A1 then the following formula will do what you want: =TEXT(A1,IF(A1<1/24,"mm:ss.0"...

Time Problem #3
I've got an excel spreadsheet that tracks attendance (time in/out). We work 8 or 10 hour days depending on the shift. We are required to be as close to 0 hrs over/under at the end of each month however we sometimes carry a balance of x amount of minutes. My goal is to create a cell that you can input your time over/under into which represents any overage/underage from the previous month. This cell will then add into the cumulative +/- total for the current month so that you know when to clock out for the day. My Cumulative +/- cell has this formula =SUM($F$16:F$46+D8) Where column ...

memory leak detection
hello I am running an execuatable and want to know exactly how much memory it leaks. Is there some utility or software available to do that. Regards Tariq In debug mode, MFC will give you a memory leak report when an app finishes. joe On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:56:55 +0500, "Tariq" <Tariq@asd.com> wrote: >hello > >I am running an execuatable and want to know exactly how much memory it >leaks. Is there some utility or software available to do that. > >Regards > >Tariq > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flo...

Time and Space
Hi, I've got the 70-632 exam on Friday - is it 50 questions of multi-choice in 1 hour 30 mins, or more than that? Prometric tell me I'll be there 3 hours, which is a bit frightening. Is the pass mark 70% ? Thanks Swanny -- swanny1304 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swanny1304's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/205409.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1325211.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

FTP
Hi, I need to FTP files automatcially. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this from VBA? Thank you! Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0015.htm and/or http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0037.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Cory J. Laidlaw, Beyond01.com" <CoryJLaidlawBeyond01com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3AD95CA-D308-4745-9760-1BE454831C3E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need to FTP files automatcially. Does anyone have any ideas...

Extract time from date/time column
Is there a way to extract the time from a date/time formatted column so I can sort the list on the time? I'm using Excel 2007. The data I'm trying to work with is here http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxlAZ.html I want to import this table, extract the time from the date/time column and then sort on the time column. My goal is to get a list of all events that occured between 5am to 7am. I figured out that I can simply create a new column, format it as Time, and then copy the date/time column over. That will disply time only but I still can't sort on it. Seems like it ...

Text to time convert
How can I convert text to time format in cell. i.e text in cell A1 is 163233 - 16 is hour, 32 is min and 33 is sec. I need convert this text to time format: 16:32:33 Thanks for help, Rudo On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:54:01 -0800, "Rudo" <Rudo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I convert text to time format in cell. > >i.e text in cell A1 is 163233 - 16 is hour, 32 is min and 33 is sec. >I need convert this text to time format: 16:32:33 > >Thanks for help, Rudo =--TEXT(A1,"00\:00\:00") Format the cell as [hh]:mm:ss (or similar) --ron If y...

Calcualting and Adding Time Values in Exc 2003
I have a worksheet which I can correctly add/subtract time vaues. But whenever I try and add/sum reults I do not get the answer in either hrs or hours and mins see below Week Day Date Start End HOURS 40 1 01/10/2007 08:30:00 16:30:00 08:00 40 2 02/10/2007 08:30:00 16:30:00 08:00 40 3 03/10/2007 08:45:00 16:30:00 07:45 40 4 04/10/2007 08:30:00 16:00:00 07:30 40 5 05/10/2007 09:00:00 15:00:00 06:00 1.55 13:15:00 Any advice guidance apprecaitted To format as delta time in hours:minutes, use [h]:m Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and download...

Thunderbird e-mail detected as spam in Outlook 2003.
I run both Outlook and Thunderbird at home and at work. Outlook 2003 at work, and Outlook 2000 at home. Whenever I send an e-mail from Thunderbird to Outlook 2003, Outlook 2003 sticks the e-mail in the junk folder. This includes e-mails I sent to myself, to others in my company, and to outside B2B sites I use. As far as I know, it's 100% of my e-mails sent. I have modified Outlook 2003 at work so that my domain is on the safe senders list on all my users PC's using the safe sender import feature. Obviously, I can not do this outside my company. But this doesn't completely ...

Averaging Time from mulitple tables
im currently making a database that logs time for how long people are waiting i want to make a query that averages all that infomation i have 1 table that logs when people arrive and another one when people leave i also need to be able to use it when there is more data added to it. i know nearly nothing about queries in databases so can you type in plain english, thanks in advance. You will not be able to do this unless you have a way to tie your tables together. Presumably you have a table of clients, with a ClientID primary key. Or perhaps you just assign a ticket number when the person...

FTP in passive mode
How do you use FTP in publisher in passive mode? Thanks, Paul Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Paul <noone@replytonewsgroup.com> > How do you use FTP in publisher in passive mode? I would suggest using a dedicated piece of FTP software such as SmartFTP -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Paul, Look at http://officerone.tripod.com/vba.html - I have got examples that use MSINET control for downloading and u...

FTP over SSL
Hi, I am able to upload and download data on FTP without SSL connection but i want to do same for SSL . Please help me . Thanks, Hemant ...

Time out during update (bank, quotes and Money)
This problem is getting worse. I do not know how to fix it. With both 2002 standard and 2004 Deluxe, I get time-out most of the time (90%) when I attempted to get Money update, update bank info and update quotes. The internet (DSL) is good, network setup is good. Sometimes everything works just fine, so I know there is no problem with the setup. There has to be something to do with the server, or Money itself. Some may say that I tried to update too much info. This is not true. I tried to update Money itself, still time out. If this is still the problem, I'll take the software and retur...

Time format #2
Hi, my data looks like 01:00:00 ( it ok as its in hh:mm:ss format) but my problem is with when my data comes out to be like :37:30 (General format) no I want this to be convert in to hh:mm:ss for which I need to add 0 at start.. Any formulae or Macro which can help me to sort this out. Thanks Assuming that there aren't any other defects in the data and that your data is in ColA, try putting this formula in ColB (and formatting ColB to "hh:mm:ss") ... =IF(LEFT(A1,1)=":",VALUE(0&A1),A1) Rgds, ScottO "Dushyant Rajput" <dushyant001@hotmail.com&g...

A forward loop was detected by the categorizer.
All, I'm seeing the following errors in the Event Log of my Exchange 2003 SP2 server. *********************** Type: Error Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: NDR Event ID: 3020 A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.6 was generated for recipient rfc822;cstockley@frametech.com (Message-ID <8787346389.810755843932@zoders.com>). Cause: A forward loop was detected by the categorizer. This is a common hosting configuration problem caused when someone uses the provisioning tool to create a contact in one organization unit and creates a user in a different organization...

CRM Time Error
Hi, The dates stored in the DB in sql Server is diffent, from when you browse it throghe IE. Correct dates shows in IE, but not in SQL DB. I am generating a Birthday Reminder which is not coming in the correct date since time in DB is Incorrect. Please Help..... Irshard Zahir Hi Irshard, The dates in the database are converted to the local date of the user. The problem can be tackeled by using the CRM SDK. Hopefully this works if not please let me know. Regards, Ron "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7A1EC9-87E7-4B8D-8F0F-B7CFE9...

FTP
Hi, I have the task to program to develop ftp a connection over a Firewall in C++: In the DOS comand line it is realized as follows ftp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <----- IP-Firewall <----- break off the Login with the enter key quote authenticate username of a securitycard quote response password of a securitycard user username of the PC behind for the Firewall@IP of the PC behind for the Firewall password download a file from this PC thanks for all helps Patricia On 31 Jul 2003 04:26:59 -0700, patricia.ludaescher@alcatel.de (Patricia) wrote: >I have the ta...