Form Designer in VC Net 2003 ???

sorry but I am a newbie ...

Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ???

Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C
Builder ???

Is the form designer in VC Net more flexible and powerful then the ones in
Borland C Builder ???

Hope to hear from you soon ...

Andy

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ???
Has a form designer, but not like Borland's C Builder.

> Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C
> Builder ???
I think yes, but this is personal.

> Is the form designer in VC Net more flexible and powerful then the ones in
> Borland C Builder ???
No. It is even worse than the one in Dev Studio 6, in my opinion.

But the ease of developing applications is not given by form designer only.
C# and the classes are nicely designed.
And I just love IntelliSense.

--
Mihai
-------------------------

OL 2003
win Xp-Office 2003-OL2003. Its been a disaster...the worst ever product I bought. THe OL hangs (not responding). tried to follow all solutions-changed profile, options-other-name corrected, installed- reinstalled, nothing helps. the OL jsut stops responding after opening and the needs to be shut down (with the icon in the tray showing the message of ol server....which O don't use). Any help will be appreciated. Have you also tried this one: You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file. This is the file that stores your toolbar customizations, and when it becomes corrupted, Outlo...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Money Invoice Designer
I've been trying to create a custom invoice, however it says that my EULA is not registered. Can anyone help? ...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

publisher 2003 NO printer is installed
For 5 hours we have NOT been able to get a fix for this Publisher 2003 NO printer is installed PADutchman wrote: > For 5 hours we have NOT been able to get a fix for this > > Publisher 2003 NO printer is installed So install a printer! -- -- If Your specification is vague or imprecise, you'll likely get just what you asked for, but maybe not what you wanted! Do not say it cannot be done, rather what you need to do it! Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site and looked around for an updated driver? It might be you need to re-install your p...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

How do I print backgrounds on publisher 2003 with a deskjet print.
>-----Original Message----- > >. > Everything visible on the page should print. ...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Outlook 2003 Live questions
With an Outlook Live subscription, will I be able to keep my desktop and notebook synchronized? I am monitoring up to 16 e-mail accounts related to our website (webmaster, newsletter, unsubscribe, subscribe etc.) in addition to my business e-mail and my personal e-mail. These are all POP3 accounts hosted on 3 different servers. a) can I choose to monitor some accounts via Outlook Live and some through regular Outlook 2003 (which will not be synchronized between the 2 pc's)? b) is there a limit to how many POP3 accounts I can use in Outlook Live? c) can I send e-mail from an...

How to Play audio file through VC++ application... #2
Hi i want to play audio file in VC++ with the follow file properties... -Bit Rate 20 kbps -Channels 1 (Mono) -Audio Sample Rate 11 KHz -Audio Format MPEGLayer-3 Could any body please help me by some hints... Thanks Mujtaba Mp3 is a difficult one, as its a prop format and you would have to access the WMP Core or have some other core-technology access its functionality. However, if you can convert them to WAV though, PlaySound API is exactly what you are looking for. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/multimed/htm/_win32_playsound.asp Ensure you utilise ...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Exchange 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain
Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server running on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain. Microsoft has come out with a patch to fix DST in Windows 2000 but is costs $4000. It looks like another company has come out with a Windows 2000 DST patch and it is free. Here is a link to it http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2007/01/unofficial-windows-2000-daylight.html. Has anyone applied this patch to their Windows 2000 Domain Controllers? Thanks. On Mar 7, 8:16 am, "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinorei...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Hello. We have an Exchange 2003 Server ru...

Send as distribution list in Exchange 2003
Our company would like to create a generic distribution list with a few members to receive external emails (E.g. info@testing.com). And when the DL member replies, the reply will be sent from info@testing.com instead of the user's own address. I've tried to grant various permissions on the DL to the members, including Full mailbox access. However the DL member cannot send from DL address. Outlook returned an undeliverable email said "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator." Server: Exchange 2003 SP1 C...

NET Framework 12-27-09
Can I remove NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0 has been installed, or it must be kept in order for 2.0 to work properly? Thank you ploddingfate wrote: > Can I remove NET Framework 1.1 after 2.0 has been installed, or it must > be kept in order for 2.0 to work properly? > > Thank you > The relationship of the "releases" is explained here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET_Framework They're a "stack" of features. The graphic in this article, starts with 2.0, so previous releases such as 1.0 or 1.1 should be kept for any applications ...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

Problem with OpenFile in VC++
Hi all, when i clicked into menu\File\Open in VC++, then VC++ die, it exit automatical itself. I am finding some info in registry to clean, so OpenDialog of VC++ will get default path. If it were me I'd uninstall VS and reinstall it again. Any number of things could be wrong and you'll probably take more time figuring it out then you would reinstalling it. Tom "Duy Trinh" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote in message news:eI1AWHNdHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > when i clicked into menu\File\Open in VC++, then VC++ die, it exit > autom...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Please verify Exchange 2003 Move
Background: ------------- - Server 1 - DC / Exchange 2003 (All Windows 2003/Exch 2003 Native) - Server 2 - Member Server - MX record at ISP, points to our internal mail server (Server 2) - We do not use Public Folders Goal: ----- Move Exchange 2003 and all mailboxes to Server 2 Plan: ----- (1) Install a second Exchange 2003 on Server 2 (2) Move all mailboxes to Server 2 with new Exchange install (3) Wait to all users Outlook 2003 profiles / settings have been recognized for Server 2 (4) Ask ISP to move MX record to point to Server 2 (5) Remove Exchange 2003 from Server 1 Questions (# ...

Outlook 2003 e-mail folders no longer exist after synching with ho
In the last three weeks I was forced by Microsoft to download the Outlook Connector. This worked for a small amount of time untill I noticed I was receiving "Blank e-mails" When I checked e-mail in the browser, all of the e-mail was still there. I have linked to hotmail e-mail accounts. This shouldn't have any impact with Outlook 2003. Today, 18 February 2010, I hit send/receive in Outlook 2003 and let it synch up with the hotmail account. To my dismay when I checked my inbox this evening, I found that the default inbox had been changed to the hotmail inbox. I...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...