Forcing an ActiveX control to serialize it's properties.

Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties?

Kurt

0
k_nojunk (20)
1/19/2004 3:24:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties?
>
> Kurt

Kurt,

    Try getting a pointer to the IPersistStorage interface via
QueryInterface.  Then call the method IPersistStorage::Save which needs an
IStorage* to specify where the properties will be saved to.

0
trevor8021 (184)

"De"-select a forms control programmatically
Hello, in a short VBA-macro, I have to select a forms control on a worksheet, and assign a "cell-link" to. After that, the control should not stay selected, so that the worksheet user doesn't accidentally delete it. To that end, right now the last step in my macro is to select a one cell range, but that doesn't always seem to be the best solution. I've tried with Sendkeys {Escape}, in vain. Any idea how to "de-"select a forms control by VBA ? Thank you in advance. Regards, H.G. Lamy What's wrong with selecting a cell, eg A...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Help with assignment of values to controls on report
I am trying to assign value on a txtbox control from a form to a txtbox control on a report. Form txtbox control:txtBeginDateRange Report txtbox control:txtStartDate reportName = "Report by DR and Vendor" I am have a problem with this line of code Reports![reportName]!txtStartDate = Me.txtBeginDateRange DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, acViewPreview Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Ayo. You cannot assign a value to a text box on a report like that. Instead, set the Control Source of the text box on the report so it reads from the form, e.g.: =Forms!Form1!txtBegin...

0xc0040557 some malformed property of the recipient caised it to be NDRd
Hello, I constantly get these event log errors on Exch 2k sp3 when trying to send a mail from Outlook to an x.400 recipient on the other side of Exch 5.5 sp4, which is acting only as a bridgehead. Any help greatly appreciated. MS Exchange Categorizer Errors in Event log on Exch 2000 9000 The function 'CPhatCat::HrHandleOneOffOrContact(6)' failed for reason 'The operation completed successfully. ' when processing the recipient 'C=gb;A= ;P=jon;O=jon;S=053;G=jonb;OU1=ow;OU2=jaguar;' of type 'x400'. A DSN has been generated. 9004 Categorizer encountered a har...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Possibility of use of the Microsoft CRM UI Controls in Customization
There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV customization later? they have not been exposed yet janet. also no word of any plans to do so "Janet" <jzou@menlogroup.com> wrote in message news:08d701c361ff$84c73b70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is > microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV > customization later? ...

How to insert gif or any other animation into richedit control?
How to insert gif or any other animation into richedit control? Knowledge Base Q220844 HOWTO: Insert a Bitmap Into an RTF Document Using the RichEdit Control -- Command what is yours Conquer what is not Microsoft Most Valuable Professional [VC++] http://www.csdn.net/develop/author/netauthor/jiangsheng/ http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ http://jiangsheng.blogone.net "Steven.Xiang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:234A657F-AD07-496E-AB9E-6F25086A18FD@microsoft.com... > How to insert gif or any other animation into richedit control? I had already look i...

Sales Order
Hi When i am entering sales order for an item that was setup to be tracked by serial should not a popup window show before saving to let me select which BIN and which serial i am going to allocate? I am not sure why GP do that selection automatically on behalf of me! is there any setting that i need to configure to prevent this? Thank you! On Sep 21, 12:27=A0pm, Alaa Ramadan <AlaaRama...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > When i am entering sales order for an item that was setup to be tracked b= y > serial > should not a popup window show before saving to let ...

spin control #3
I'm using Visual Studio 6.0 MFC and a spin control with auto and set buddy. It seems to me that the arrows are working backwards. When I click on the 'up' part of the spin control, the number decreases and when I click on the 'down' part, the number increases? Is this the way it's supposed to work? Thanks! "LarryW" <lwdaddio@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:VA.00000073.00ff473c@newsgroups.nospam... > I'm using Visual Studio 6.0 MFC and a spin control with auto and set > buddy. > It seems to me that the arrows are working ...

Resizing ActiveX
Hi, I am trying to find a solution to resizing my control. What I have is an ActiveX MFC with two ressource dialogs: 1. the default IDD_PROPPAGE 2. a dialog box (child and modeless) IDD_IMAGE which contains a picture control. What I am trying to achieve is it take the form of whatever the size of the ActiveX Control Container (resizable) takes. I may sound ambigious but if you understood what I am trying to achieve and you have an idea please make my day ... Thanks, Yama Yama wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to find a solution to resizing my control. > What I have is an Activ...

Setting font properties using function
I want to be able to set the properties of a cell font using a function. I have tried the below but it errors in the function with Error Number: 91 Error Description: Object variable or With block variable not set Anyone not on holiday out there who can help me please! happy new year Rod ------------------------ 'Calling code xlSht.Cells(1, 1).Font = NameFormatType1(255) Private Function NameFormatType1(NmCol As Long) As Excel.Font NameFormatType1.Color = RGB(NmCol, 0, 0) NameFormatType1.Bold = True End Function Try these changes Sub...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Serial ports...
Hi, On the start of my application, I have to find and list the ports that Iam connected to. Which is the best way to do it? Iam presently using the Registry (HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM) to find the ports. But my friends say that it is not a good way of enumerating serial ports. Is it true? If so, why? And is there a better way? Any pointers to some good articles? Please help. Thanks, Shirley The easiest way is to loop thru opening COM1..n and check for returned handle of INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE which indicates it's not there. Shirley wrote: > Hi, > > On th...

control list
I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del button) so that i can add control in my dialog box,What option should i use to display it again. Thanks > I am not able to see my control list (by mistake i have press the del > button) so that i can add control in my dialog box,What option should i > use to display it again. In VS2005, its ToolBar under View menu or hit Ctrl+Alt+X (unless you have remapped this sequence). --- Ajay Your message is kinda confusing. Are you missing a control from your dialog box or are you missing a control from the Toolbox? Al...

Adding new interface to activex control
I have added a new interface to my activex control (ACEvt) I have modified the odl file, and added the necessary BEGIN_INTERFACE_MAP, BEGIN_DISPATCH_MAP etc.... in the class implementation file. [ uuid(BED02315-567E-4a5d-A56B-5F00F228E041)] dispinterface ICount { properties: methods: }; [ uuid(7C39BF1F-66DE-423e-B526-87626D80AE4D)] coclass Count { [default] dispinterface ICount; }; When I try to call CoCreateInstance and QueryInterface, i'm getting E_NOINTERFACE error. IUnknown *pUnk = NULL; HRESULT hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_ACEvt,NULL,CLSCTX_ALL,IID_IUnknown,(void **)&pUnk);...

Rename ActiveX control
Hi, I have an old ActiveX control that has been modified significantly for one of my applications. Unfortunately, another application that uses the ActiveX cannot be recompiled to use the modified ActiveX control and want to rename the modified control which my application will use. I remember years back that there were steps to do this. Does anyone know the steps to do this or where I can find them? On Jun 6, 12:17 pm, Tom <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I have an old ActiveX control that has been modified significantly for > one of my applications. Unfortu...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

Error accessing control when form not open
On a form when trying to get a value from a field it displays Run-time error 2450 when the form is not open. In this case instead of displaying the error how can I get a value from a control on a different form? You can only get a value from an open form that is displaying that value. Just refer to the control on the open form: [Forms]![OtherForm]![Text1] Use DLookup to get a value from an underlying table. The form does not need to be open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Robin9876" <robin9876@hotmail....

How to sizing a control
At design time when I resize a control the size is shown in the status bar but in dialog unit (DLU). How can I adjust the control in the size of pixels? Thanks. Alan wrote: > At design time when I resize a control the size is shown in the status bar > but in dialog unit (DLU). How can I adjust the control in the size of pixels? > Thanks. http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Convert+Dialog+Units+to+Pixels&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search Have fun. Basically, you can't, because there is no way at design time to know how many pixels will be used. It will vary from ma...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

force

Displaying on a Static Text Control
Hi, I am working on a property sheets. I dragged up a static text control and put on the property sheet1 from the toolbar and named it to "Static" . I want to display some text on this static text control in property page1. I did, m_stat.SetFocus(); m_stat.SetRedraw(TRUE); m_stat.SetWindowTextW(L"I am here"); in the propertypage1.cpp where m_stat ---> the member variable for the static text control. But it is not displaying "I am here" instead shows "Static". I am not getting, what might be the problem. I feel that the static control text...

Domain Controller
Can you provide some rough estimated disk configuration for a Windows Server 2008/R2 domain controller. This DC is also going to be a GC. Our standard is C: - OS, D: ADDB, E - ADLogs. The hadrware that we have is a server with 16 GB of memory. The count of users will be close to 10000. How much should i partition the DC drives?? C: D: and E: I wouldn't go below 50GB for the C drive. Gives you room for updates and service packs. hth DDS "Chris" <Chris@live.com> wrote in message news:e3tMnxGmKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Can you provide some...

Animation control stops ...!!
Animation control hangs when calling other function.here is the code i use: Code: SendMessage(WM_COMMAND,IDC_ANIBUTTON); // this is a button function which i need to call it here is the actual animation takes place. in the next line i call anoter function Code: OnBackup() ; if i call OnBackup() function the animation control stops playing .. but if i comment this OnBackup funciton then the animation works fine What could be the reason ? Is there any other way to call the Animation function ? Thanks, Jay <jayender.vs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139206799.038747.81170@z14g...

Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:OqS15%23p3DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? > > Kurt > > Kurt, Try getting a pointer to the IPersistStorage interface via QueryInterface. Then call the method IPersistStorage::Save which needs an IStorage* to specify where the properties will be saved to. ...