Float window in MDI application

Hi!
I write a MDI application to show large images. I also need a windows
to show the overview of whole image. I dont know the best way to do
it.
One thought is build a spliter window, but that will waste some space.
Because the overview is small, for example 128*128, when take a
vertical splitter the remaider space (640-128)*128 will be wasted.
Another is Draw the detail image and then draw the overview on left
upper corner in OnDraw. But in my application, the image is draw by
tile, not in once, so this method can't be accepted.
Third I think is best. A float window always on top of image views, I
can show the overview in it. But i dont' know how to realize it. Is
there any resource and code I can take as a reference?
Any idea?
Thank you!!
0
novalet (1)
11/3/2003 3:36:50 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Fu Chen wrote:

> Hi!
> I write a MDI application to show large images. I also need a windows
> to show the overview of whole image. I dont know the best way to do
> it.
> One thought is build a spliter window, but that will waste some space.
> Because the overview is small, for example 128*128, when take a
> vertical splitter the remaider space (640-128)*128 will be wasted.
> Another is Draw the detail image and then draw the overview on left
> upper corner in OnDraw. But in my application, the image is draw by
> tile, not in once, so this method can't be accepted.
> Third I think is best. A float window always on top of image views, I
> can show the overview in it. But i dont' know how to realize it. Is
> there any resource and code I can take as a reference?
> Any idea?
> Thank you!!

For a float window create a modeless dialog.  You can paint the image in
the dialog OnPaint.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
scottmcp1 (239)

Window Mail Windows 7
I started a new folder and now want to delete it but am unable to. Any suggestions? Please reply to bswanson2@roadrunner.com Where in Windows Live Mail did you create that folder? When you=20 right-click on that folder, isn't 'Delete' one of the options? Sorry, we don't provide individual support via email here. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bob Swanson" <bswanson2@roadrunner.com> wrote in message = news:CC9B137E-F049-4D24-99EC-5BC141822BB0@microsoft.com... >I star...

Highest Version of Adobe Reader for Windows 98se
Hi, Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can use on my Windows 98se computer? Thank You in Advance, John PS, Remove "ine" from my email address On 05/08/2010 06:34 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote: > Hi, > > Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can > use on my Windows 98se computer? > > Thank You in Advance, John > > PS, Remove "ine" from my email address > Adobe is very bloated you will probably be better off with Foxit it'...

Unhide the Application Window
I have vba code in an Access program that calls and manipulates data in an Excel spreadsheet. All the manipulation code works fine. This spreadsheet is unsecured (by design) and can be viewed by anyone. The problem is that after my code works on the file, the next time it is opened (not by any code) the application is hidden and the user must go to the menu bar and manually unhide the window. Is there code to rectify this situation? *****Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum & Business Software***** This is a guess. If your users...

How to use "Start Application" in Outlook 2003 Rules Wizard?
Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard allows you to start an application upon receipt of an E-mail. The Wizard feature is called "Start Application". How can I do this in Outlook 2003? Can I inport a Outlook 2000 rule containing "Start Application" into Outlook 2000 and will it work? MountainMan <MountainMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard allows you to start an application upon > receipt of an E-mail. The Wizard feature is called "Start > Application". How can I do this in Outlook 2003? Using the "Start applicati...

How to remove config for a missing NIC in Windows Server 2003.
Does any one know how to remove the configuration (IP address, netmask, default gateway, etc) for a network adapter that has been removed from a Windows server /after/ the physical NIC has been removed? I ran in to this recently after a p2v conversion when I went to re-configure the IP settings on the virtual adapter. In doing so, I got a pop-up saying that the same IP address (etc) was still configured on an adapter that had been removed from the system. I was able to find the information in the registry and remove it so that Windows would not prompt, but I don't think ...

Calling the Immediate Window
I handle dozens of DBs for various offices in my organization. The biggest hurdle I face is when I have to update data for these back-ends, someone somewhere invariably has the DB open. I have a Master DB that I use to automate all the updating I have to do and have incorporated the "WhoIsInTheDatabaseLockFile" procedure to find the Machine Names of these users (none of these DBs use user-level security - I inherited them as is). I then have some code to open a cmd window and run the psloggedon.exe from SysInternals (now part of Microsoft) to get the actual username of the per...

My IE8 32 bit in Windows 7 (64 bit) fails to execute hyperlinks sometimes
Sometimes clicking on hypertext links in the subject environment (windows7 64 bit, ie8*32 appears to do nothing, although each click adds an additional iexplore*32 process to the task manager. These processes persist until terminated in task manager. Any clue as to how to troubleshoot/repair? steve What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer (e.g., a...

Force Redraw of Main POS window from Custom Button Popup
I'm implemented a form that's presented when the POS user presses a Custom Button. The form can if necessary update items in the Transaction, this works fine. The only issue is that while my form is displayed the Transaction window will not update to reflect the changes made by my code. When I close my form the Transaction window updates and properly displays the changes I've made. I'm looking for a way to force the Transaction window to refresh before returning from my Custom Button form. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Tom No way to force it programmatical...

OWA Failed Process Creates Blank Window @ Windows Login
A user's computer does the following: Every time after logging into his Windows XP computer, a Security Alert window pops up indicating that: Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate. .... Do you want to proceed? Yes, No, View certificate This started happening after a failed logon attempt to OWA. The security alert popup that precedes the OWA login occurs with all of my users; it is annoying but harmless and that is not the problem that I am trying to correct at the moment. ...

what is floating currency
i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to know what floating currency is in excel, but i can't find it in an online search, or in excel help. i know how to apply currency formats to cells, but i don't know how floating currency applies to excel. please help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_currency -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bobert" <bobert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3763F76-C556-4595-9072-058B543D5FAD@microsoft.com... >i am working with office 2003, and for my college class i need to kno...

Server Error in '/' Application. CurrentPrincipal is not authenticated.
Hello, Currently we have installed Business Portal but it is on an Exchange 2003 server and we are getting the following when connecting to the url http://server/sites/BusinessPortal/default.aspx Everything is set to default so if anyone has any suggestions as to how to solve this it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Caroline Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CurrentPrincipal is not authenticated. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please rev...

how to run application(exe) in browser
hi, i have application, it's runs in local machine.i want to run application in browser. <arumuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2062e55f-d173-476e-b241-58602bf9d6a5@u36g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi, > i have application, it's runs in local machine.i want to run > application in browser. There is no magic bullet for this. You will need to develop an ActiveX control which can be then hosted in a browser. -- Ajay A lot of us are rewriting applications that need to be hosted in a browser using ASP.NET/C# and maintaining a native version and a web version....

Sending a document to print causes the Windows 2003 print queue of that printer to go offline
Have a situation where sending a document (any) to print causes the Windows 2003 print queue/printer of that printer to go offline. The queue remains offline until the printer is power cycled. We can then print a single job before the queue/printer goes offline again. Was working fine, no changes made. We also have this printer and queue on another server and we get the same problem. Funny though if the printer is created on a Windows 2000 box the printer remains online after a document has printed. Im a twat. have now posted in correct section! Peeky wrote: > Have a situation where se...

windows log on/off notification
I'm implementing windows service for windows 2000. And must know when user log on and log of from Windows. There is a notificatin, that sends to service, when user logged on/off. But it is only in XP. How can I do it in Win 2000. Help me, please, if you know. Best regards. Check out OnQueryEndSession() or WM_QUERYENDSESSION Cheers Peter "Antonio Passado" <antoniopassado@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23bJ3tc31DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm implementing windows service for windows 2000. And must know when user > log on and log of from Windows. The...

attaching child ClistCtrl window to resizable parent Dialog
I'm using Visual C++ 7.0 and MFC With the Wizard, I created a Dialog Window [which I made resizable]. I've place two ClistCtrls side by side on the top of the dialog. I'd like to attach the RHS of the rightmost ctrl to the parent dialog so that when I resize the dialog, the listctrl expands. Note that I don't explicitly create the listctrls - this ia all behind the scene. I only send an initial message to each: m_ConfCtrlList.SendMessage(LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0, LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT|LVS_REPORT|LVS_EX_GRIDLINES ); Thanks, Ihor VC++ doesn't not...

Windows Mail
All of a sudden I am having difficulty receiving/sending emails. I have webmail.carolina.rr.com which are then forwarded to my laptop via windows mail. I started receiving duplicate emails last week, same email up to 20 times. I verified with the server that the dups are not on their end. coincedentally, my internet connection is pathetically slow. Can this issue affect my internet speed? Anyone have any advice? I have already verified that I am set up correctly. Yesterday I ran CCcleaner, superspy ware, and malwarebytes and came up clean. Not sure what is happening. MI...

VC6 Debug Output Window
I do a lot of TRACE and "Edit and Continue" with VC6.0. It is very annoying that the Build tab always takes away the Debug Output view. And even worse that when I click the Debug tab, the view is not at the bottom of the scroll where I want to see the output. Is there a way to keep the output view showing always, or a better way to see TRACE output? Also I would like (optionally) to always see the page full of output instead of jumping to the middle half the time. TIA, Harvey On Mar 21, 1:26 pm, "Harvey" <harve...@juno.com> wrote: > I do a lot of TRACE and "...

Windows Scheduler
Hello, Has anyone ever used windows scheduler to launch a routine witin Access. I have a routine, that runs on an "on click" event. I would like to have this routine kick off at 4:00 a.m. every morning. Through the schedule wizard, I have been able to get my application launched, but I can't trigger the event so nothing happens. I do not want to change this to run when the DB is opened, because I do not want this routine to run every time the DB is launched. Hope this makes sense. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you, Roger One of my clients used the Win...

issue with IMAP & multiple Windows accounts
I have two user accounts set up in Windows Vista Pro, mine & my roommates. In Outlook 2007 I have several IMAP accounts set up. A couple of the IMAP accounts are showing up in my roommates Outlook 2007 folders list. I look under the account settings in his Outlook, the IMAP accounts are not there.I right click on the IMAP accounts in the folder list and attempt to close them, but can not, I get a message that I need to delete the accout first. I uninstalled Outlook, deleted the Outlook folder from both my account & his account, both local & roaming. I reinstalled...

FW: Take a look at this internet update for Windows
--rxbwopbk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rizulsll"; type="multipart/alternative" --rizulsll Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xdjcoieboutonhujy" --xdjcoieboutonhujy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain...

Is it possible to have multiple assemblies in a Application Domain
Hi! I know that Application is about isolation code in an assembly. It is useful because it can improve reliability and Efficiency. But there is one thing that I still have some doubt about and that is if you can have multiple assemblies in an Application Domain. For example in the code example below I load three assemblies(AssemblyA,AssemblyB and AssemblyC) into the Application Domain named New Domain. I got the following answer to this question when I asked this question on a thread. "My reading of the docs, along with a simple experiment, show that the code ExecuteAss...

Find window
hey people, can anybody tell me why in the find screen some information is red and other black Hi Shoby. The information in red contains the characters you ran the find on. Kerri "Shoby" wrote: > hey people, > can anybody tell me why in the find screen some information is red and > other black ...

Noob Question CString to Float conversion
Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value to allow me to do calculations with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. try atof() "Rik Irving" <indigoed@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bpqv0g$qv8$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value > to allow me to do calculations with it. > > Any help would be appreciated. > > Thanks. > > Rik Irving wrote: > Hey guys - I am having difficulty in converting a CString to a float value > to allow me to ...

Visual Studio do make Deployment on Windows 7
HI All, I have tried to use the Visual studio 2005 deployment project to deploy my C# program, and the deployment has custom action in the Installation, but it will fail to install in a windows 7 64 bits OS and the error code is 2869, and i have read the information from the Internet and it seems to be the UAC problem, but i have tried to use ORCA to change the custom action type to 3073 and tried to disable the UAC function in the windows 7, and also tried to use an empty Install method: public override void Install(System.Collections.IDictionary stateSaver) { ...

how can i use an activeX control in a console application?
how can i use an activeX control in a console application? "Mystique" <misic@softhome.net> wrote in message news:%23ocSUilsFHA.3640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > how can i use an activeX control in a console application? > > That depends on the ActiveX control's requirements. If the control processes user input or displays a GUI then you can't - it needs to be part of an event-driven, message-pumping application, which is the opposite of a console application. But if the control is simply a container for some processing functions you can crea...