First window

Hello!
I want to make window that will be shown during starting application.
For example, when you start Microsoft Word window that showing version,
application name...
is shown before application(before text editor).

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Zeljko

0
cabrio (5)
2/6/2004 5:30:49 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Thats called a splash screen. You can create it by inserting it as a component in VS or
simply go to codeguru/codeproject and see tons of samples for it. There are also good
samples in MSDN.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Zeljko" <cabrio@blic.net> wrote in message news:ewf9qeN7DHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
| Hello!
| I want to make window that will be shown during starting application.
| For example, when you start Microsoft Word window that showing version,
| application name...
| is shown before application(before text editor).
|
| Thank you in advance!
|
| Regards,
| Zeljko

0
ajaykalra (6840)
2/6/2004 5:41:50 PM
Thank you!
> Thats called a splash screen. You can create it by inserting it as a
component in VS or
> simply go to codeguru/codeproject and see tons of samples for it. There
are also good
> samples in MSDN.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "Zeljko" <cabrio@blic.net> wrote in message
> | Hello!
> | I want to make window that will be shown during starting application.
> | For example, when you start Microsoft Word window that showing version,
> | application name...
> | is shown before application(before text editor).
> |
> | Thank you in advance!
> |
> | Regards,
> | Zeljko

0
cabrio (5)

C#.net windows application
Since I am new to c#.net 2008 but I have worked a little with visual basic.net 2005, I have the following questions I would like to ask: 1. When I am looking at a .sln file that I will be maintaining a work, I can see there are lots of static void Main() methods in a file called program.cs throughout the solution in separate folderts. Can you tell me the purpose of this kind of code? Does this instantiate an object, is this a class libary member? 2. When running the C#.net 2008 professional version windows application, how do I know which 'main' method is being called? ...

Windows XP 64bit Movie Maker
Hi, Currently i'm using some 32bit Windows Movie Maker filters (*.ax / *.dll) as effects in a project i'm building, and i have to port my project to 64bits. Because 32bit filters don't work on a 64bit system, my question is : does it exist a Windows Movie Maker 64Bit for Windows XP 64bit? Thanks, Alex. ...

First in First out
I need help in figuring out how to implement FIFO. I order a product and it is put in inventory with a PO and price. Then I may order some more in a few months before I use up all the old, it is added in with its own PO and price. Now when I take out of inventory I want to use up all the items from the first order then switch to the next one. Any help would be nic Thank Ji You need a date stamp at the time the product into inventory. Maybe use an "expected arrival" date on the PO. But how does this relate to Excel? Questions like this should be directed to: http://www.allexpert...

WIndows Live mail not working.
I use a Windows 7 Home Premium and recently installed Windows Live Mail but it doesnt seem to work. When i click on Windows Live Mail shortcut, a small windows appears which says "Please wait while Windows configures Windows Live Mail", and disappears after a few seconds.I even tried reinstalling a few times but no use. Please assist. Do any of these solutions apply ? http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?categoryid=dfe947fe-a27f-4cdf-9fd9-b18c7d272701 If not..go to Windows Live Mail Forums http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=15 Sign on with...

How do I print just the first page in my received email
To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I just print first page only, and how do I do that? HTML messages can be printed one page at a time if you use File, Print on the menu. You can also Edit a plain text message to change it to HTML be able to use File, Print. "PeterM" wrote: > To me it looks like I can either print all, even or odd pages only. can I > just print first page only, and how do I do that? > > Many thanks Mary..........When I'm looking at my email (please remember, this is my 3 day with outlook) how do I cha...

automatically staring outlook when starting computer in windows 2000 professiona
How do you get microsoft outlook to automatically start when you start your computer. My version of Outlook help explains how it is done on windows 98 but not on windows 2000 Pro Just add the shortcut to Outlook to your 'Startup' folder, which is in your Start Menu > Startup. The shortcut to Outlook is the icon you use to launch it, just right-click it, go to the startup folder and paste it. Paul. Larry wrote: > How do you get microsoft outlook to automatically start > when you start your computer. My version of Outlook help > explains how it is done on window...

the first
-- zdx840626��sina.com ...

Summary Query based on First Occurrence
I've got a list of invoices for businesses, some which have multiple invoices on a given day. I want to be able to return ONLY the First Day a customer was invoiced AND the TOTAL for just that day. Here's what the data looks like: Account InvoiceDate TotBill A B C Corp. 20041231 3500.00 A B C Corp. 20041231 9500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 1500.00 A B C Corp. 20050131 2000.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 1500.00 BARBERS INC. 20041431 12000.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 300.00 BARBERS INC. 20050131 470.00 Ideally, my Qu...

Outlook 2003 slow opening first html msg
Anyone else noticed a slowdown recently when opening the first html formatted message in Outlook 2003? It might have occurred during the recent MS updates, or it might be where I upgraded to IE7. That all happened about the same time. On my Pentium 800 with .5gb of ram, the message frame appears in about 20 seconds and the contents in another 20 seconds. This seems to only happen on the first e-mail to be opened. The next opens instantly. Dave ...

Detect Child Window minimize, maximize, restore, etc...
hi, it's possible to a parent( CMDIFrameWnd ) window determine that a child window(CMDIChildWnd) have become minimized? thanks for all the help valente You need to handle WM_SYSCOMMAND in the CMDIChildWnd derived class. Something like :- void CChildFrame::OnSysCommand(UINT nID, LPARAM lParam) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default if(nID == SC_MINIMIZE) { GetParentFrame()->PostMessage(...);//notify parent frame } CMDIChildWnd::OnSysCommand(nID, lParam); } -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "jmvale...

Unwanted Windows on Start
Whenever I start my Windows XP system a couple Notepad windows/files pop up which I do not want. How do I get rid of them? Thx, Gus "gus" <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fa078586-8b4a-40ff-981b-1e8ec266575e@t34g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > Whenever I start my Windows XP system a couple Notepad windows/files > pop up which I do not want. How do I get rid of them? Thx, Gus Run msconfig.exe, then see what's under the Startup tab. > Run msconfig.exe, then see what's under the Startup tab. I did that and I can't spot anyth...

Toolbar doesn't react on first click.
Hello everyone. I create program with one toolbar and few CWnd objects in CFrameWnd. Only one window (CWnd) is shown at time. When I start some action on this window (OnLButtonUp and OnlButtonDown) program makes few expensive calculation, next he hides window (SW_HIDE), and shows another (SW_SHOW). But sometimes when I make double-click on window, everything show OK, but toolbar freeze (doesn't react on first click and I must click him once more). I try to override OnLButtonDblClk but my application never goes in to. I thing the problem are messages that are pushed to queue when pr...

Concatenate first:last! worksheet
I need to concatenate 150 rows in 50 different worksheets for a totals page, and may need to add additional worksheets in later versions. So, I need P7 in all 50 worksheets to be concatenated on P6 in the totals page, P8 in all worksheets to be concatenated on P7 in the totals page, etc. I am wondering if it's possible to use something like first:last! to concatenate the worksheet range, making it possible to include additional sheets added in before the current last worksheet. I am using "&" for the concatenate function now as I have more than 30 sheets ...

Transforming first n nodes
I have a large xml (35MB) and I need to transform its top 200 rows using an xsl (in ASP.Net web app). Is this possible to do it in an efficient manner? Thanks. You can subclass XmlTextReader and make a custom one that only return first N elements. Then you can use it to load data into XPathDocument and do a transfer. Yan "Salman" <salman_z_g@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oa7kJoiMEHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have a large xml (35MB) and I need to transform its top 200 rows using an > xsl (in ASP.Net web app). > Is this possible to do it in an efficient...

Minimize/Maximize, Restore Window buttons do not work
Buttons do appear in title bar of Excel program and in the individual worksheet, but clicking on any of them does not work. ...

Windows media player songs
I have for some time now recorded my songs, then uploaded to windows media player...and annotated me as the copyright owner. Now when I try to play certain songs it is telling me that it is copyright protected. I am the copyright owner....why can't I play the song? Thanks. -- Paul On Mon, 3 May 2010 20:33:01 -0700, Man of Lamancha <ManofLamancha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have for some time now recorded my songs, then uploaded to windows media >player...and annotated me as the copyright owner. Now when I try to play >certain songs it is telli...

Cant find System.Windows.Xps
I'm trying to write a console app that will convert pdf's to xps files, but the relevant XPS objects like System.Windows.Xps I cant find. I have tried VS2008 VS2010, but no objects, they are in the object browser but can not import and can not add them as reference any ideas? On 2010-01-22, ThatsIT.net.au <me@work> wrote: > I'm trying to write a console app that will convert pdf's to xps files, but > the relevant XPS objects like System.Windows.Xps I cant find. > > I have tried VS2008 VS2010, but no objects, they are in the object browser ...

Locating first blank cell
I am looking for a macro that will select the first blank (empty) cell in a given column please. Thanks, Mike Hi Mike Sub test() Dim GivenColumn As Long GivenColumn = 1 Columns(GivenColumn).Find(What:="", _ After:=Cells(1, GivenColumn), _ LookAt:=xlWhole).Select End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Mike W" <mike@ehb-docks.fsbusiness.co.uk> skrev i melding news:dcq6va$97d$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > I am looking for a macro that will select the first blank (empty) cell in a > given column please. > > Thanks, > > Mike > > Brilliant...

LAST, FIRST to First Last
I have data in LAST, FIRST and used this formula... =TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Is there a way to change it from all caps to just capitalized names. Ex. currently - DOE, JOHN change to - John Doe Hi, Like this =PROPER(TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Erinayn...

Calculate due date 1 or 2 years ahead to the first of the followi.
Issue date is June 12,2004. Certificate is valid ( 24 months ) to July 01, 2006. How do I create this is XL? Hi =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Wayne wrote: > Issue date is June 12,2004. Certificate is valid ( 24 months ) to > July 01, 2006. How do I create this is XL? I modified your's ... does this make sence..seem's to work =DATE(YEAR(B2)+2,MONTH(B2)+1,DAY(B2)-DAY(B2)+1) "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > =DATE(YEAR(A1)+2,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany >...

Ipad, Itunes and Windows XP....
Hello, I know talking Ipad could be a dirty topic here, but....... I am having issues with my Windows XP laptop not wanting to work with my new iPad. I kind of hoped they would get along. I need both. I have tried the various recommendations on the Apple site, empting all things Apple from the system and reinstalling all of it. When I attach my iPad to my laptop, it sees it as a digital camera. For a moment, anyway. Then I get a blue screen with a Stop error code. Always the same. 0x00000070. Computer reboots and wants to check my hard drive. Any thoughts, suggestions? I hav...

Adobe Flash Player 10/Windows 7 installation remedy
Hello Folks, For anyone who has tried to download Adobe Flash Player 10 in Windows 7, and running IE8 64-bit, there is a remedy to the solution until Microsoft and Adobe get their act together. Adobe says they are working with Microsoft on finalizing a 64-bit Flash Player app, but in the meantime, just download Mozilla Firefox and Flash Player10, run it through Firefox, and it will work just fine. Hope this helps. -- Dave Smith/smithdrumm "smithdrumm" <510 Gilbertson Drive> wrote in message news:BF870BBF-6AB3-4809-BB93-D8C35908319F@microsoft.com... >...

First column of range in VLOOKUP contains formula
I have two sheets. Sheet 1 has two columns: 1. Code_Descr (example value: "12345_cookies") 2. Attribute_ID (empty) Sheet 2 has 4 columns: 1. Code (example value: 12345) 2. Descr (example value: "Nr-cookies") 3. Code_Descr (formula: =A2&"_"&B2) 4. Attribute_ID (example value: "BHU340098") The idea is to fill the column Attribute_ID in sheet 1 with the values from sheet 2. But there is a problem. As you can see the Descr-values in both sheets are slightly different. That is because they are from different sources. I want to us...

How to remove Windows Live login prompt from Money Plus Deluxe
How do I delete the Windows Live login prompt from Money Plus? I do not want to use MSN Money. In microsoft.public.money, Mike Paul wrote: >How do I delete the Windows Live login prompt from Money Plus? I do not want >to use MSN Money. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899631/ "Mike Paul" <mpaul@dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:%23MRwuy4NIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How do I delete the Windows Live login prompt from Money Plus? I do > not want to use MSN Money. Did you type "windows live" into the help search box? I did and found ...

Where have all the windows gone?
When programing in VBA, I use the VBA Editor screen to show the Explorer window on the left, occupying about one quarter of the screen and the Code Page or User Form in the remaining space on the right. When I reboot the PC and go to the same project, the screens have always shown just as I left them, which I understand is what should happen. Now for unknown reasons, when I return, the windows I had open are all smaller, in different places, and some are hidden behind the Explorer window which is the only one which stays where I left it (whether it is docked or not.) Net result is I ha...