Finding an item in a listview

There has to be a way to find a specific item in a specific column in a
listview.  I have a list view of people and then I allow the user to pop up
a dialog box that allows them to enter search text into a field and it finds
all the records that qualify and displays them in a listctrl inside the
dialog box and then I want them to be able to click on the record they want
and go to that record in the main list view.

0
w_gower (279)
10/4/2003 7:51:49 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes.  Using GetItemText, you can examine the contents of any listview
item.  Simply iterate through the items and compare each one.

In article <OOW30AriDHA.560@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, William Gower says...
> There has to be a way to find a specific item in a specific column in a
> listview.  I have a list view of people and then I allow the user to pop up
> a dialog box that allows them to enter search text into a field and it finds
> all the records that qualify and displays them in a listctrl inside the
> dialog box and then I want them to be able to click on the record they want
> and go to that record in the main list view.

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Add space after each numbered or bulleted item
I need to make rather long lists of paragraphs that are several lines long. The numbered list feature forces a new number and a new line upon hitting enter. this is expected behavior. However, I need a space between the items to make each item stand out. In Word if I hit enter again, a new number is issued as expected. However if I arrow up to the first empty space and hit the backspace, the number will be removed, the following number will be changed to next sequential number and the empty line remain. Publisher, however insists on starting a new number sequence. Is there any way to c...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Auto generate Item Lookup Code
Is there a way to Auto generate Item Lookup Code and print barcodes. Most of the items we buy do not have UPC and/or barcode on them. Instead of us creating Item Lookup code for each item, is it possible that the systems will automatically generate the Item Lookup code. That feature is not built into RMS, but it can be done either through SQL Scripting or via an add-in. I think there are a couple of existing add-ins that do this, one is ICreate, which is included in the Fashion Bundle from Retail Realm http://www.retailrealm.us. Like I mentioned, this can also be automated through ...

Menu items added with menu item editor in older versions
Hi! Years ago I created a worksheet with macros that could be run through some extra menu items in the data menu. My customer upgraded to Excel 2000 and now the macro to be run cannot be found because "Module3." must be added to the macro call. Unfortunately the menu editor I used when I created the worksheet is not available any more. Where can I find (and change) the menu entry? Thanks in advance, Michael. Michael, This question was raised a few days back, in this thread http://tinyurl.com/5de3e. Windsurfer LA seemed to have a solution, which you could try him for. -- HTH...

Menu item changed event
I am using TrackPopupMenu() to display a popup menu and allow a user to make a selection. I would like to have an event occur (have a method called) each time the selected item in the menu changes. In other words, as the user moves the mouse up and down the menu, as a menu item becomes selected (not clicked, simply highlighted), I would like an opportunity to take an action (such as display information regarding what will occur if the user selects that menu option). Thanks >I am using TrackPopupMenu() to display a popup menu and allow a user to make >a selection. I would li...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

Item Currency
I have a user who is trying to add an item to a PO. When he does, the following error appears: "The originating currency is not assigned to this item. Do you want to assign it now?" Any ideas? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Get ViewState out of the Page for a Perf Boost http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/60ad9dcc-394c-4a23-af4b-5fd537c7af52/aspnet-get-viewstate-out.aspx Not sure the error didnt show. It is: The originating currency is not assigned to this item. Do you want to assign it now? Lauren C wrote: ...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Filter out distinct items
Is there any quick way to get a distinct list of unsorted (or sorted if necessary) column with repeated values? Thanks. Probably the easiest way is to highlight the column you want to do th distinct sort on and go to the Data menu, Data -> Filter -> Advance Filter, choose your list range and just be sure to check the "Uniqu records only" box at the bottom of the window -- summerg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- summergs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3741 View this thread: http://www.e...

Send link to item using Folder Assistant rule
I have an Exchange server public folder set up with a custom form. The folder assistant rules work nicely to forward the posted messages to the appropriate list of recipients, based on the value in one of the user-defined fields of the form (using the Advanced settings in the rule editor). However there is no option to forward a _link_ to the posted message - the entire message gets forwarded. The result is that a message lands up in the recipients' Inboxes using the default form, and they can then proceed to reply on the message in their Inbox folders, which is not desired. I do not ha...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

kit item return
There should be an option in the Store Op Manager --> Configuration --> Option Tab to allow the ability when returning a Kit Item to either return the quantity back to the Kit Items Inventory or to the Kit Item COMPONENTS Inventory. Effectively breaking out the Kit Item automatically when the item is returned to inventory. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Transfering inventory items to another site
Hi everyone, We have two sites in our company and they both hold some inventory items. Now we are going to close down one of the sites and need to transfer all the items in that site to the other site. The only way I can think of doing that is going through item transfer entry for each item. Is there a way to handle site transfer in a batch? Thanks, Henry If you are using SQL you can write a script to transfer it all to a particular site. "henry" wrote: > Hi everyone, > We have two sites in our company and they both hold some inventory items. > Now we are going t...