Find and Replace Problem when using RichEdit20W

Hi,

VC++ 6.0 SP5 Windows 2000

I use RichEdit20W to build MDI application with RichEdit
View supporting Unicode. After I using this DLL, I found
that the Find and Replace functions doesn't work.

I use ID_EDIT_FIND and ID_EDIT_REPLACE (default resource
IDs) to provide a default menu item for user to find and
replace text in the RichEdit View.

But, I found that both functions work well if I use the
older version of RichEdit (the default one) instead of
RichEdit20W.

Thank you very much!

Kathy
0
kathylo (3)
7/14/2003 1:30:28 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to use WM_FINDTEXTW or WM_FINDTEXTEXW instead

Automate your software builds with Visual Build Pro
http://www.kinook.com

"Kathy" <kathylo@hutchcity.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> VC++ 6.0 SP5 Windows 2000
>
> I use RichEdit20W to build MDI application with RichEdit
> View supporting Unicode. After I using this DLL, I found
> that the Find and Replace functions doesn't work.
>
> I use ID_EDIT_FIND and ID_EDIT_REPLACE (default resource
> IDs) to provide a default menu item for user to find and
> replace text in the RichEdit View.
>
> But, I found that both functions work well if I use the
> older version of RichEdit (the default one) instead of
> RichEdit20W.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Kathy

0
reply (47)

Problem with pie chart
What am I missing? I want to chart the data below using a pie chart with a legend that tells me what each of the pieces of the pie represents. I tried selecting cells A1 and A2 and I have tried selecting cells A1:B2. All I end up with is a legend with the 2 colors represented on the chart and on is labeled 1 the other 2, instead of Total number of Employees trained and Total number of Employees remaining to train. A1 = 51 B1 = "Total number of Employees trained" A2 = 195 B2 = "Total number of Employees remaining to train" A slightly change in your setup to l...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Outlook 2002 Spell check problem
I got a new pc with XP and Outlook 2002. Outlook had word selected as my email editor. When I complete the spell check outlook won't allow me to hit the send key. If I do another fuction or go between windows the send key will work again. I have duplicated the problem on a couple other PC's. Any ideas what causes this? Have you tried Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com ...

Using online services from Europe
I'm going to be temporarily stationed in Europe for a couple of months. Are there any problems with my using M2002 to access my accounts, pay bills, etc, from there just as I do from the US? TIA You should be fine, so long as you have a 128 bit encryption version of IE. If you do have problems, please feel free to post here :-) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh...

Mail From problem
Hello. Windows 2003 SBS. We having a problem setting up accounts. Problem is following. When we trying to send e-mail it arrives from: login <login@company.com>. We want to change it to in example: Mail from: John Smith <login@company.com> Matthew Weiss > We having a problem setting up accounts. Problem is following. When we > trying to send e-mail > On the Global Settings in ESM you will see a vast array of tickboxes. One says "preserve display name". You need to check that it's ticked accordingly. Mark. Thank you for help. It worked Matthew On ...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Let's pick a replacement for this (Access) newsgroup 2
There were two big threads on the original 6/1/10 post in the General Questions and New User sections. The gist of the original post was: Folks have recommended various sites to replace this (Access) newsgroup for when poor-listener Microsoft drops it. Why don't we pick a replacement to give it the "critical mass" to fully replace this one? If interested, please respond to this with your recommendation. Also, if you feel like it, in case this goes dead, send me an email with your email address at North9000 at gmail dot com and I'll try to collect / send out...

Problem in installing file system driver
Hi, I am not able to install my .sys file filter driver.I have written .inf file and while installing this inf file its not giving any error also.Plz help me in solving this. my file filter driver file name is : *****************Here is My .inf file ******************************* [Version] Signature="$Chicago$" Class=MyDriver ClassGuid={286E934F-962E-4e1c-9729-1F65205A094F} Provider=%ADITI% DriverVer=01/22/2004,1.11.1111 [ClassInstall32] Addreg=MyDriverReg [MyDriverReg] HKR,,,,%DisplayClassName% HKR,,Icon,,"-5" [Manufacturer] %ADITI%="Aditi" [SourceDisk...

outlook has encountered a problem
and cannot continue". I get this message after 1-5 minutes, usually when a message is open, but not always. then the program closes and immediately re-opens. It's Outlook 2002,svc pk 2 and completely updated. I''ve tried repair and reinstalled to no avail. Im using Imap with DSL. Any help will be greatly appreciated I have the identical problem with Outlook 2000 under Windows XP Professional. It works find on the XP Home machines, as well as the 98 machines. Are you noticing this on a Windows XP Pro machine? A response would be appreciated. >-----Original Messa...

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

problem with AfxMessageBox in a thread in a dll
Hi, I have a problem with AfxMessageBox, I have a dll and in the dll I have a thread. when I give a message using AfxMessageBox in that thread, there is an "Debug assertion failed" , any idea about it ? thanks, Behzad >I have a problem with AfxMessageBox, >I have a dll and in the dll I have a thread. when I give a message using >AfxMessageBox in that thread, there is an "Debug assertion failed" , >any idea about it ? And if you debug it in the debugger, what does the line of source code that's throwing the assertion tell you? You really should av...

Finding an event

OE6 Problems
A friend is having problems with OE6, he started having "Popup","Spyware" and "Virus" problems. I loaded Spyblaster, Adaware & 12Ghost, that fixed that problem, but he said he can't get his e-mail now. I know several people running the same configuration without any problems. I have disabled everything I loaded and even disabled Mcafee Security and still no luck. He gets a "Connection to the server has failed" error and it's very very quick. I have never seen that error that quick. He has talked with the cable company and they said ...

problem with copy/paste macro
I want my macro to take me to Tools>Letters and Mailings>Envolopes and Labels...>Labels Paste the selected text in Address section continue to Options>Details and select the Number Down field. so far i have this: Sub Macro1() Selection.Copy SendKeys "%L%A" Selection.Paste SendKeys "%O%D%D" Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show End Sub If you do it with mouse, it pastes the selected test in Addres section automatically. When running SendKeys "%L%O%D" Dialogs(wdDialogToolsEnvelopesAndLabels).Show it doesn't put the selec...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Problem Solved
I finally got it. When I uninstalled the program I did not delete the folder out of the program files directory. I uninstalled again deleted the folder and then reinstalled in a differently named folder and it came right up. Thanks for the assistance. ...

WinFax replacement
I wrote an Access app years ago for a client and it uses WinFax pro to send out invoices. They need to upgrade but WinFax is gone thanks to the wisdom (LOL) of Symantec. Does anyone know of a good replacement that can be referenced from vba and will allow us to send out Access reports? Thanks, Keith I'm moving this to the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. There's not enough activity here for this to get any attention. If you see this here and have an answer, please answer it there. Thanks. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in messag...

How do I find the out of office reply?