File transferring question

Dear all,
can anybody show me example on how to send file from source to destination
(through network) by bytes and save it as a file?
thank you

0
cygan (1)
7/2/2003 1:46:34 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you wanting to know how to copy (or move) a file from one location to
another?

"Bryan Gan" <cygan@myopensys.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
> can anybody show me example on how to send file from source to destination
> (through network) by bytes and save it as a file?
> thank you

Transferspreadsheet question
I have 6 spreadsheet that I link to from my database because the data in those spreadsheets changes constantly. Otherwise, I would just import them and normalize them. My problem is, when one user is in one of the spreadsheets no one else can get into it. For example, one is called 2009 Master. If one user is viewing 2009 Master and another user tries to open it, it gives a message that is in use by another user. Is there any way around this? I even thought about creating a copy of each spreadsheet for each user. Is that even possible where the user only imports his copy of the ...

how transfer assets and cost info from one investment account to a
I'm transfering all my cash and stock from TD Ameritrade accounts to Schwab accounts. There are three accounts being transferred: non-retirement or brokerage, IRA, and IRA rollover. It's easy enough to fill out the forms and have all the assets removed from TD Ameritrade and roll in to the Schwab accounts. But how do I get the cost info to go with them into Schwab? BTW, these are not new Schwab accounts. I am adding the TD Ameritrade assets to existing Schwab accounts. MS Money '07 Deluxe on Windows 64 Vista. TIA!!! In microsoft.public.money, angela g wrote: >I'm ...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

Clipart question
I upgraded to Pub2002 from Pub98. I work from home and my employer upgraded my Office 97 to Office 2000. Well, now when I try to get to my clipart from the Clip Gallery Frame plug-in, it wants the Office 2000 disk, which I don't have (my employer keeps all disks). Is there somewhere in Pub2002 that I can change the path from the Office 2000 disk to my Pub2002 disk? When I try to do the "Change Location" option, it looks for that specific clip art file and my disk has 6 or 7 folders of clip art. Thanks, Kristie PUB2000 Error Message: The Feature You Are Trying to Use Is No...

with ref to the dialog editor question
A few days ago I posted a question about "dialog editor." (please see below) Perhaps I was asking the wrong question. I'm trying to create a form to input data similar to the one found by doing a <DATA-Form> but with my own comments etc and using the targets as different parts of the spreadsheet. Please can anyone give me a clue on how to start Regards DAVE Bristol UK "Can someone please help. I am trying to start the dialog editor. my book says :- 1 In microsoft excel for windows, choose Run from the microsoft excel control menu. 2 Select the dialog editor o...

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

File Edit toolbar is missing
The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing First thing to check: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|make sure worksheet menubar is selected. Well, maybe the first thing to check is to verify that you can see all of excel--it's not just off the display window??? stellarmellor wrote: > > The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing -- Dave Peterson ...

8192 rows limit when opening wk1 files ?
Hello, I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? Thanks, Paul "paul" wrote... >I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, >but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. > >Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? WK1 as in Lotus 1-2-3 Release 2.x native file format? Such .WK1 files support a single worksheet of 256 columns and 8,192 rows. PERIOD. Did you generate this '.WK1' file using a program other then...

How do I transfer Outlook 2003 to my laptop
Is this possible? I bought Office 2007 Home but it doesn't contain outlook. Outlook is on my desktop. Desktop running windows XP on both computers. Thanks "deborah" <deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C23711-925C-41F9-A3D1-9B2C24DA6083@microsoft.com... > Is this possible? I bought Office 2007 Home but it doesn't contain > outlook. > Outlook is on my desktop. Desktop running windows XP on both computers. > > Thanks Find the disk from which you installed Outlook onto your desktop and put it in the CDROM drive of the laptop....

"Transfer Out" Call Option
I manually entered into Money 2007 Deluxe a covered call (buy stock, sell to open for a call option) that I made in September 2007. In November 2007 I transferred all of the assets (including the stock and short call) to another account. I was able to "transfer out" all of the equities to the new account. When I try to transfer the call MS Money says that "The activity 'transfer out' is unavailable for the investment type you have selected." In reality the calls were transferred from brokerage to brokerage. Any ideas how to make this happen in MS Money 2007? Thank...

Best way to read an xml file
Hi; If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. It looks like it's XmlReader but I want to verify that. ??? -- thanks - dave "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:BEA51BCB-B200-4104-B061-CA32FECD9DFD@microsoft.com... > If I need to read an XML file - basically the SAX approach where I just need > each node in order - one pass, read-only - what is the best way to do this. Yes, if your only requirement is a firehose forward reader,...

CString Question #3
How do you go about passing information from one class to a dialog box class. I can do it useing char pointers , i was wanting to try CString pointers. Am i missing something eg CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(char *DeleteTableName) : CDialog(CDeleteConformation::IDD) I know that i can pass cstring into but how do i pass it back as a pointer to an address. so i can change it. CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(CString DeleteTableName) : CDialog(CDeleteConformation::IDD) thanks kevin_mfc@ihug.com.au >eg >CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(char *DeleteT...

IMS
Hello All: I don't know if it is because I never closely monitored this queue or the server is having issues, but in the Internet Mail Service - Outbound Messages Awaiting Conversion Queue, I am seeing a rather large buildup of messages, most of which are mailer-daemon@ourdomain.com I am also seeing messages destined for internal users.... Can anyone tell me is thi sis normal? I also have a user complaining that someone outside of the company keeps getting a email from her over and over again. I am wondering if the 2 situations here are related or if I have 2 seperate issues. At any ra...

chart question #4
Can anyone please give me some guideline on how to draw a chart with y-axis is the count of the item in x-axis? I am using Excel 97. Thanks. I am not certain I fully understand your question, but I am going to give it a stab. Excel charts are very flexible, and I think you need to keep in mind that you need to have the right data in place to draw the chart. I.e. don't focus on the chart itself, focus on the data in the spreadsheet you are trying to chart, and once that is in place, your chart will look the way you want. -- ChrisJ Omaha "00KobeBrian" wrote: > Can...

Unmatched Query Question
I have a database that I'm using to pull the names of students who have applied for graduation from an Excel spreadsheet, that is updated weekly, into an Access Table. Right now, I'm using an unmatched query to pull Student IDs who have not previously appeared on the Excel spreadsheet. At first, I was a little worried about this because if a student applies for graduation with a dual degree, their name shows up on the Excel Spreadsheet twice (see example below). 111000 Pig Porky BA.PSY 111000 Pig Porky BFA.FP Fortunately, as long as the student's ID number isn't on the Eval S...

Large Files with Strongly Typed Dataset
I have an xsd file that I use to create a strongly typed dataset in my project. In the past, I have used the ReadXml method to load xml files into the generated class and read data in using this class. These files have now become big (order of 100MB) and this completely kills the readxml performance. I have read multiple posts that tell you not to use datasets for large files. I even tried calling BeginLoadTables before starting the read. However, I really need the strongly typed dataset functionality in my program - it forms the core of my project. Is there a way I can load this data into t...

Missing rtl70bpl file
After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home edition I now get (after every restart), the following... "This application has failed to start because rtl70bpl was now found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem". Appreciate any advice on how to reinstall same. Have Googled for help but have not found the correct site. TIA. franktee Winxp Pro SP3 On Dec 3, 11:42=A0am, franktee <frank...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After receiving what seemed to be a false positive from Avast free Home > edition I now get (afte...

A question about threads and message queues.
I'm writing a program using MFC, actually I've done this technique several times. I have a primary UI in one window, and I make a UI thread that has a different window that is displaying some graphics. I have a commercial graphics library that has 'transitions' (ways to go from one image to another using wipes or fades and the like). These transitions can be run in a loop for high speed, but still take a few seconds, during which time the UI on all threads in the app freeze. The solution to this is to repeatedly send a message to do the next step (via a timer or otherwise) ...

Keeping Archive File in Folders List
I have a colleague who placed the Archive file at the top of her list of folders in Outlook so it is easy to open the Archive file and search for a message or appointment if necessary. She can't remember how she managed to do this and I would love to do this myself.Any suggestions? Thank You File-> OPen-> Outlook Data File... and browse to archive.pst -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

File in use .... is locked for editing
Please help. In Microsoft Excel 2000, we seem to be getting the above error message frequently. No other users are in the file, and there aren't any temporary files relating to the file in question. Any ideas on what is causing this? We are running a mixture of Windows 2000 & XP machines on to a Small Business Server 2000. Hope to hear from someone soon Regards Simon I think you killed the usual answer of cleaning the temp folder. But have you rebooted? Maybe there's a hidden instance of excel running that "owns" the file. And if the file/workbook is on a net...

VSTO 2005: Error in Schema Files Generation
In XML schema generation from a WordML document, VSTO 2005 VSTO creates 6 files (general naming pattern): XML.XSD ... XML5.XSD. For our file names we use a special syntax for additional information on the project status. - Syntax for file names: {PRE}={TOPIC}_{POST}.{STATUS}.{FORMAT} Now, VSTO 2005 modifies its general naming pattern to XML.{STATUS}{I}.{FORMAT}. - Example - XML.ABCD.XSD - XML.ABCD1.XSD (instead of XML1.ABCD.XSD) - ... - XML.ABCD5.XSD (instead of XML5.ABCD.XSD) I consider this behavior of VSTO 2005 as a programming error. - Is this consideration correct? - How ...

No menu bars appear on newly installed Outlook 2003 (PST file)
I just built up a new system (Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Pro) and move my Outlook.pst file over from my old system. Since I had Norton Internet Security 2005 installed, the anti-spam toolbar was displayed. However, after only a few hours of usage, the menu bars are not working properly: 1. When I start up Outlook and mail is displayed, there are no menu bars displayed. None. 2. If I go to the lower left corner navigation bar and select mail and Open in New Window, the standard and formatting menu bars are displayed. But the Norton Anti-Spam bar does not display. 3. When I open an indiv...

Reading EML files
Does anyone know if Outlook can be configured to open .eml files? I wrote a program that creates .eml files. Outlook Express can open them but Outlook can't. Is there a way to get Outlook to open these? If not, does anyone know how I can create a file that Outlook can open (such as a .msg)? Is there a COM object that creates these? Any help will be appreciated. John ...

RPC .x files.
I need to talk to some third party equipment. The company has provided an RPC interface consisting of three .x files. The provided third party documentation just glosses over how to compile and use these files. Though the equipment is new, I think this interface is quite old. The documentation example says to use the command "rpcgen32.exe filename". They say the command my differ depending on the software package. I searched the Microsoft site and found a bunch of stuff. At first I looked at the midl compiler. The .idl files look different then the .x files. Can someone please poin...