Fast grid control - any suggestions

I am developing a trading type application and would like suggestions on any
efficient performance-wise grid controls out there.

I dont need any bells and whistles such as links to database but would like
the ability to have multiple lines per cell and coloration.

Thanks

0
not7712 (112)
9/30/2005 9:13:40 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp
It's fairly efficient and has a lot of features, it's easy to use and
it's free.

Just be careful of performing large number of resizing row height
operations. Page Fault City.

0
birdinhand (24)

fast search in file
Hi, quick questions, what would be the best choice for fastest caching method (to the file)? I need fast inserting and retrieving data (searching) from that file. thanks You may want to investigate a database format like .mdb or other ISAM methods. If you are just searching through text you may want to use CStdioFile to search line by line through the file. Tom "alladyn" <alladyn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OgSrseCqFHA.3104@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > quick questions, what would be the best choice for > fastest caching method (to the file)? I need fas...

Removing/Replacing CRM Controls??
Is it possible to remove or hide navigation objects such as the Contact button that appears in the right navigation under the Create a Record area. Our situation is as follows: Our pages (i.e. Contacts) are being sources my many different datasources so it appears that we must develop our own aspx to implement this functionality, and then add a button or menu item to launch the new aspx. We do not want to create additional buttons which would duplicate what the out of box provides. Thanks ...

Query regarding usage of excel itself as a grid?
Hi, we wanted to migrate formulaone grid with suitable grid as formualon is withdrawing its support. we would like to know whether excel itsel or MS Spreadsheet control can be replaced with formulaone ? does any on of the above options hold good for the replacement, do they support al the features that formulaone had given? Kindly give the pros and cons of usage of the alternative options suggested above. If not, do let us know about a viable third part tool. Thanks , Meenakshi -- jmin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jminu's Profile: http://ww...

How to change the Static control display?
I have a dialog application on which several static controls on it. How can I dynamically (in program) change each static control's caption? Hi Kathy, By default statics are IDC_STATIC which is -1 and not a valid window handle. It's easy to work around this though. 1. In the control Properties change the name from IDC_STATIC to something else like IDC_LABEL1, IDC_LABEL2, etc. 2. Assign variables to each static control like you would any other control. 3. In your code modify the variable like you would any other edit control, button, etc. and use UpdateData(false) to update on th...

Bold Grid Lines
I have a company expense form that has bold grid lines for all of the rows. I removed several of the rows last month and now have had to add them back but I cannot get the grid lines to show or print out as bold even though I have indicated that the grid lines should be printed. I am using Excel 2002 with SP2. Thanks for your help. Paul (ctunes) Select the range, format>cells>border Carlos "Ctunes" <Ctunes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F20A454-A9D0-48C4-80D8-F36DD2B46826@microsoft.com... > I have a company expense form that has bold grid l...

TFS / Source Control Integration with SSMS
Please forgive me if I am posting this to the wrong group. I'm in the process of building a new laptop running Windows 7 64-bit, and I have the SQL 2008 client tools with SP1 as well as Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition with SP installed1. We use TFS at work, so I am trying to determine what I need to install to do the following: 1. Use TFS (or is it Team Explorer?) within BIDs to connect to the server than contains all of our source control items. From what I recall I just need to install a plugin, but I can't for the life of me remember what media I did that from i...

How to display mfc control in new look style?
Hi, anybody knows how to show mfc controls like button or other controls in new look style? Please see below link to know about what i mean by new look style is. http://www.geocities.com/henky_arektc97/question/ I want to make my controls in dialog shown as Picture 2, not as Picture 1 (look at the button). Are there lack of some defines or codes or something else, because when I create new project again, the dialog will be displayed as I want in Picture 2. I use MFC 9 (vs2008). Thank you for any help! "Saitama" <Saitama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

My control toolbox functions are not working correctly.
I use my control toolbox "checkbox" function to show if there have been any delays in a report. For some reason, recently, my checkboxes will not stay checked. When I scroll up or down in the window, the check marks disappear. Is this a glich, or am I doing something wrong? How do I fix this? ...

Dialog Size Controlling
Hi everybody, In .NET Framework, there are two properties for controlling maximum and minimum sizes of a dialog : System.Windows.Forms.Form.MinimumSize System.Windows.Forms.Form.MaximumSize I wanted to ask you how can I implement this in MFC. Yours, Kourosh. Kourosh wrote: > Hi everybody, > In .NET Framework, there are two properties for controlling maximum > and minimum sizes of a dialog : > System.Windows.Forms.Form.MinimumSize > System.Windows.Forms.Form.MaximumSize > I wanted to ask you how can I implement this in MFC. > There is no direct equival...

BCC control id in address book or contacts
I am trying to disable the bcc button in the address book/contacts interface through a custom policy but I dont know the control id. HELP!! I don't know that this is possible, but must ask, why would you want to do this? toyota2k wrote: > I am trying to disable the bcc button in the address > book/contacts interface > through a custom policy but I dont know the control id. > HELP!! ...

Slow, fast, fast, slow
I hope I post correct here. Got myself a new Dell M65 with an NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M on board. Switching from a generic Intel Graphics GPU on another pc, I find Visio not performing as expected. Other software (Adobe, OpenGL software) runs just fine. Any ideas on what to tune to improve the redrawing speed of Visio. Dragging objects is well, urmmm, a drag... Tnx Philip rarely has to do with the graphics card, usually not enough memory. al "Philip De Jonghe" <pdj@biz.tiscali.be> wrote in message news:OhiqTqhmGHA.4164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I hope I post correct he...

Access 2007
How do you ungroup controls on an Access 2007 form? I can't figure it out. Thanks, Mike In form design view, select the controls that you want to ungroup, click on the "Arrange" tab above, then click on "Remove" (fourth button from the left in the Arrange toolbar) HTH -- _________ Sean Bailey "Mike" wrote: > How do you ungroup controls on an Access 2007 form? I can't figure it out. > > Thanks, > Mike Wow that was right under my nose and I was missing it. Thanks! "Beetle" wrote: > In form design view, select the con...

how to rescan for domain controller ?
hi, I have a laptop which is part of a domain. if I boot the PC at home with only an Internet access, then open a VPN to my domain (not a MS VPN, just an IPSec tunnel), the laptop has IP connectivity (ping, etc.) to the domain controller but continue to think it is booted outside remotely (eg with no access to domain controller/resource) is there a way to force it to recheck if it has connectivity to the domain/domain controller to gain access to domain resource, change password, etc. TIA, Pierre. laptop: WinXP Pro SP2 domain controller : Win2K3 R2 Pierre <pierre.bru@gm...

Tab order of dynamic controls
Hi All, I am creating 3 group controls(frames) and 3 edit controls dynamically but having trouble setting their tab order. Apart from these control I have a command button control which was created at design time using resource editor. i want to move from edit control 1 to edit control 2 then edit control 3 and finally in command button. After command button it should go back to edit control 1. Here's the code code that i'm using(focus doesnt go to any edit control...). Any idea would be greatly appreciated. int iTop = 2; int iBottom = 50; for (int i=0;i<3;i++) { m_objGroup[i]...

Set Controls Default Value from another Control
I am working on a form for data entry where the user enters many records that may have similar information, i am trying to create a tab that would have all of my "Default" values so that for example if the user was going to enter 40 items from a PO they could go to the Defaults tab and enter the PO# and every record they enter on the subform would by default have the PO number entered. I have done this before where my data entry textbox controls default value is =me![DefaultNotestext] where [DefaultNotesText] is on my Defaults Tab and it is bound to a 1 record table s...

How to change window style for a control
Welcome. They let's set up, that I have created the class CMyEdit : public CEdit and I have pointer to this class which is called m_pMyEdit. Now somewhere I would like evoke from outside m_pMyEdit->ModifyStyle(0, ES_MULTILINE, SWP_FRAMECHANGED) and after calling DWORD dwStyle = GetWindowLong(m_pMyEdit->m_hWnd, GWL_STYLE) a value of expression (dwStyle & ES_MULTILINE) == ES_MULTILINE is equal to true but some CMyEdit control still is in single line mode. Somebody can know as advise with this problem ? More thanks. promptfox@o2.pl ...

Looking for a suggestion of the best software to be used for crea.
That invisible ink is hard to read. "Wellsp" <Wellsp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF4CF87A-6471-45A4-BF82-FEAC535A5974@microsoft.com... > Wellsp wrote: Not sure if it is just me, but I am seeing TONS of new newsgroup postings with subject lines only in the public MS groups. Something is fishy. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Ac...

HQ Server crashed, no backup, suggestions?
Pretty much the worst case scenario has happened. Primary hard drive in a raid 1 array failed. Called hardware vendor for warranty support as system was still not booting even though the failed drive was degraded. Took the second supposedly working drive out and installed it into an external usb hard drive enclosure to backup the data before proceeding with the hardware vendor's technician. The drive has no data on it and windows asks me if I want to format it. What exactly happened here? The server has an ide raid controller built into the motherboard so it was being raided via har...

Grid component.
What is the common grid component called, which I can use in VB (VS 2008) ? Thanks : Am 23.03.2010 22:49, schrieb Mr. X.: > What is the common grid component called, which I can use in VB (VS 2008) ? This page... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xfak08ea.aspx ....says: DataGridView -- Armin Really depends which surface you use: Forms: DataGridView SilverLight and WPF: Grid ASPNet: GridView "Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:u4g9tKtyKHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > What is the common grid component call...

Mailbox Control
How would one make user A's mailbox readable by user B? Will the folder structure be preserved? -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org if you want them to have full access, grant "full mailbox access" in Mailbox rights, and "send as" on the security tab of user A's AD account... "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D180981-DA03-4AD2-AB5B-C2B173D902D7@microsoft.com... > How would one make user A's mailbox readable by user B? Will the folder > structure be preserved? > > > -- ...

How do I use .Create on a control class?
For example, I want to progamatically add a CEdit to the main dialog in a dilaog based app. So, I declare a CEdit object called skill, then I call skill.Create(<style flags>, <rect>, <CWnd*>, etc... The question is this, where do I get the CWnd* ? I can declare one, but what do I initialize it to? I have tried using "this" as my CWnd* but if I do that, the control does not show up in the dialog. I did specify WS_CHILD and WS_VISIBLE in my style flags. What am I doing wrong? CWnd* is the base class of CDialog*, just pass it 'this' (self reference ...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Referring to text control in a form
Access 2007 I have a series of unbound combo list boxes on a data input form: Material01 Material02 Material03 etc - up to 10 One of the items listed is "Other" When the operator selects "Other" I would like them to enter a description in an existing unbound text box alongside the Combo list. These text boxes are named MaterialDesc01, 02, 03 etc to 10 I have created a small pop-up form for the user to enter that description so I can apply rules to the input, which is stored as a variable for inserting into the appropriate text field. Rather that writing a pro...

fast tiimer with MFC
Hey All, For my purposes the Standards Windows Timer (eg. CWnd::SetTimer(1, 1, NULL)) is too slow - regardless of the time-out value I set, it is going to be at least 55 milliseconds between WM_TIMER messages. So I want to use the QueryPerformanceCounter() function to compare very small time intervals. Now, if using win api32 I would know how (and where) to place this code (in the message pump fragment), but I am using MFC. So where can I place this code in a loop within the MFC framework? I'm just using a simple dialog based app. In a method of the dialog class? Which One? Or in the app...