extracting icons

Is there any way to extract an icon from an application?
0
davegreb (1)
1/28/2008 3:31:03 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

    Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API

Cheers
Check Abdoul
---------------------

<davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to extract an icon from an application?

0
Check

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

Notification Icon #2
I have worked out that once a mail item is processed by a rule, Outlook ignores all your notification settings. So for every rule I've got I have had to explicitly tell Outlook to play a sound and show a Desktop Alert - but I can't find any way of showing the mail icon in the system tray. Is there anyway of getting a mail item that is processed by a rule to show the new mail icon in the system tray? TIA ...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

256 color BITMAP to ICON
Hi, anyone can help me to convert 256 colors bitmap to 256 colors icon? Thanks! Sam Shi wrote: > *Hi, anyone can help me to convert 256 colors bitmap to 256 colors > icon? > Thanks! * Did you find a solution to this? -- badams ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

Outloot printer icon showing wrong printer
We have a strange problem with Outlook 2000. When hovering over the print icon, the tool tip shows a different printer than the one that the print jobs come out of. Anyone else seen this before? Andy ...

Can I extract unique cell values from every nth column?
I have a range that covers B5:XA160. For each row, data is entered in 11-cell groups: date, some numbers, description (a text value), more numbers, and more numbers. At first it was enough to merely count how many times certain descriptions appeared, because those were the only ones we would see - or so the story went. Now, I need to extract the unique descriptions AND provide a count! Actually, I'm cheating a bit. I'm using SUMPRODUCT to return the number of times the expected descriptions appear, and by subtracting these from the total number of text values I get a count of &quo...

Extract Text
Dear all I have this text in a field: 200701-I 200701-II 200701-III 200701-IV and I need to separate only the data after the six first data: -I -II -III -IV How can I do it? Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. Take a look at Access HELP for the Mid() function. Open a query in design view and add a new field something like: NewField: Mid([YourField],7) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:11893397...

Extraction Tool
Do anyone know of a tool or script which I can use to extract users email address from a windows 2000 domain we are using exchange 2000 w Here's a script to extract ALL email addresses form a domain: http://www.suneja.com/blog/2005/09/how-to-export-all-email-addresses-from.html Do you need something for a single user? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "wmb" <wmb2003@uk2.net> wrote in message news:efxeuymMGHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Do anyone know of a tool or script which I ca...

Icon Definitions
I cannot seem to find the definitions of the icons used on the Review recent bills and deposits page. Can someone direct me to where they are defined? Thanks. Well, you might want to see http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#S8 and the page it frequently refers to, http://www.microsoft.com/money/productinfo/money_icons.htm. "Tom S" <iksobas@comcast.net> wrote in message news:09c101c3bb79$2199cb70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot seem to find the definitions of the icons used on > the Review recent bills and deposits page. Can someone > direct me to where they are defined? T...

Go to Desktop Icon
When I used Windows XP, I had an icon on my launch toolbar that brought me directly to the desk top. Is there something that does the same in Windows 7? It saves me time from having to minimize all open applications in order to get to the desk top. I appreciate your help "SanCarlosCyclist" <sancarloscyclist@gmail.com> wrote in message news:824c7562-4fb0-4c02-a92e-3391ed7effc5@k17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > When I used Windows XP, I had an icon on my launch toolbar that > brought me directly to the desk top. Is there something that does the > same in Wi...

to form tray icon
I wrote a VC pragram.I wanted to form a tray icon when the program is runnining....Is there any MFC function for doing this?????? Take a look on this article http://www.codeproject.com/shell/systemtray.asp Joseph wrote: > I wrote a VC pragram.I wanted to form a tray icon when the program is > runnining....Is there any MFC function for doing this?????? On 10 Jan 2007 23:16:01 -0800, "Joseph" <mnair.lekshmi@gmail.com> wrote: >I wrote a VC pragram.I wanted to form a tray icon when the program is >runnining....Is there any MFC function for doing this?????? You m...

Extracting data to make mailing list
My neighbour has a .PUBS name and address doc. The doc is 10 pages long. Each page of the document is a table with 10 rows and 3 columns. Each cell is name on top the line followed by 2 or 3 lines of address. She then just cuts the full sheet Avery into mailing labels. This has become too difficult to manage, sort, filter, etc. Anyone have a suggestion how to extract this data so I can make a Publisher mailing list? Thanks. -- Ross try bringing it into Excel...you'll some "massaging" to do. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Ross"...

New Mail icon gone
Hi, wheneven new email arrives, I use to have a small yellow envelope icon at the bottom of my Task Bar. Recently, I am not having it. How do I reset this function. Note that I am NOT referring to Display notification message when new mail arrives. Thanks in advance! Please reply to eguana2001@yahoo.com ...

Disabling form search and filter icon in navigation buttons bar?
I need to upgrade an Access 2000 .mdb database to run with an Access 2007 installation. This gives me access to a lot of new features. But some I would like to be without. In quite a few forms I display query results in one or more subforms presented in datasheet view. I have enabled the navigation buttons. This is mainly done because it gives an easy access to the total number of records in the query. And it also give easy access to last and first record In Access 2007 the bar in the bottom of a form in datasheet view now not only displays the navigation buttons with the record count...

MID formula not extracting what I want.
I'm trying to extract the date from a cell using the MID formula and all I'm getting is some weird number that does not seem to make sense. I have tried formatting the target cell but still no change. Any clues about it? How can I do this? 1/13/2006 12:16:29 AM =MID(E5,1,9) 38730.011 -- wayliff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wayliff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29860 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501062 Hi That's because Excel stores dates as...

Extract
Month Number AUG 1 AUG 2 AUG 3 AUG 4 AUG 5 AUG 6 SEP 28 SEP 29 SEP 30 SEP 31 SEP 32 SEP 33 these r the data given in Sheet 1 and i want the highest number in the month of august in sheet 2 =MAX(IF(Sheet1!A2:A200="AUG",Sheet1!B2:B200)) this is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter not just Enter -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "sajith" <sajith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297BFDD5-156E-46DC-9408-D05F81F6A2C6@microsoft.com... > Month Number > AUG 1 > AUG 2 > AUG 3 > AUG 4 > AUG 5 > AUG 6 > S...

Extract text content from MS office files
Hi, I want to extract text content MS-OFFICE documents like word, ppt, xls... Plz gimme some tips. Regard Jack ...

Extracting First Letter
Can anyone help, i'm trying to extract the first letter of each word within any given phrase. I'm using excel 2003 -- Thanks Perhaps this might suffice With text running in A1 down In B1: =LEFT(TRIM(A1),1) Copy down -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "crackle" wrote: > Can anyone help, i'm trying to extract the first letter of each word within > any given phrase. I'm using excel 2003 > -- > Thanks Sorry Max, let me be more specific, eg. Lets say I have the phrase "The quick brown fox jumped over the moon&qu...

String extraction
Hi How can I extract the first line form a multi-line string? Many Thanks Regards hi John, John wrote: > How can I extract the first line form a multi-line string? Use Left(yourString, InStr(yourString, Chr(13) & Chr(10))) to get the first line. mfG --> stefan <-- "Stefan Hoffmann" <stefan.hoffmann@explido.de> wrote in message news:uDOmMrJ6HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > hi John, > > John wrote: >> How can I extract the first line form a multi-line string? > Use Left(yourString, InStr(yourString, Chr(13) & Chr(10))) to get the ...

envelope icon in tray
For some unknown reason, the envelope in the tray is no longer appearing. I have checked the advanced email options and it is still toggled. I have untoggled it and restarted Outlook (2002 by the way on XP home) and that did not fix it either. Any suggestions? ...