extended mapi

Hi,

I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the
header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would
be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a
thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview
pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses
and subject in gray background.

Thanks,
shahaji
0
anonymous (74719)
12/4/2003 5:46:15 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Extender
Is the Extender Product just for version 8? I looked in Download and couldn't find version 7.5. thanks! -- Doug Extender was not owned by Microsoft before version 8 I believe. You may be able to get it from its original distributor - eOne Business Solutions Website is here - www.eonesolutions.com.au Regards, Colin Stevenson Computer Applications "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3213B6B3-7447-493C-ACBD-CCD6C9B07D6C@microsoft.com... > Is the Extender Product just for version 8? I looked in Download and > couldn't find version...

Extend PST size after Outlook 2007 upgrade
Looking at a user's Outlook on their home PC. Originally they had Outlook XP, then upgraded to Outlook 2003 and recently to Outlook 2007. Their PST still hits that 2GB limit at times so they periodically archive older emails/folders. My understanding is that there is a 20GB limit on Outlook 2007. Why am I still hitting the 2GB barrier? Does the PST not get converted to the new format when an upgrade is performed on an older PST? What is the best way to convert their PST to the new format so the 2GB limit issue goes away? Thanks. Bill Upgrade installations of Out...

MAPI spooler has shut down unexpectantly
This message is refering to several XP Pro WS running office 97. they are all receiving this message. I tried the Microsoft base article -162223 with no results. very bizarr. these WS were upgraded about 4 weeks ago. everything up until yesterday has been working like a charm. the WS running Office 2000 have no such issues. anybody come accross this before?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Extended Description
We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchronization with the Store we can see some of the Items Extended Description has been truncated to 30-35 Characters in Store and HQ. How can we solve this problem? Hi Rainu, there are 2 thngs which you can do to check this one the log of HQ Server (Sync Log) and the 2nd is to check the sync process using the SQL Profile this is only possible if you have enterprise edition of sql server, I do always use this and find many of my problem solutions. "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchroni...

Extend Volume
Hello, I did an extension of system partition on a server 2008 x64 SP1 which ends with a "wrong parameter" failure at end. Disk management console shows up the new size but within explorer and drive properties window still it has the old size. I did a reboot and disk check (with no errors) - no changes. Eventlog doesn't show any relevant informations. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Thunder, Solution 1 - Delete problem partition - Create new partition - Restore partition data from backup If Solution 1 doesn't work, then Solution 2 - Wipe the disk ...

Extender-Adding Buyer Information to POP Blank Form Header
I have added an extender window to the Buyer Maintenance window, to include email address, phone number, fax number, etc. (Cards>Purchasing>Buyer) I would like to print this information in the Header of the POP Purchase Order Blank form. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Using V9 on SQL thanks! -- Doug There is an article, KB 904575, that has pretty good directions on adding extender fields to a report. But the article has a missing step in it. In Calculated Field 2, there should be a step 3 just like step 3 in Calculated Field 1, which changes the result type to string...

Synch errors for MAPI Hotmail accounts
For my MAPI Hotmail accounts, emails are not deleted from the Hotmail server when I try to delete them in Outlook 2007. I am getting synchronization errors, and messages move to the "Local Failures" folder in Outlook. Scenario: I delete an email, and it goes to the "Deleted Items" folder for the account. I right click on the "Deleted Items" folder, and select Empty "Deleted Items" folder. I click Yes to permanently delete all items. They move from the "Deleted Items" folder to the "Local Failures" folder and are not d...

eXtender question
Hello Everybody. We added an eXtender window to the Manufacturing Bill of Material window - we need to include several key fields (PPN, CPN, BoM Type) - When we create a view based on this window, the key fields all get concatenated into one. Is there a way around this? I need each of the individual key fields. Splitting them based on a fixed length per field is not an option. We are using GP10. Thank you for any help you can provide. You need to use EXT00100 table to split out key fields. On Sep 28, 12:39=A0pm, Maria <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

extended mapi
Hi, I have just installed Windows 7/Office 2010 Beta. We had Windows XP/Office 2002 before and all the macros worked fine. I have problems with the following code: sAddressCode = "<PR_GIVEN_NAME> <PR_SURNAME>" & vbCr & _ "<PR_COMPANY_NAME>" & vbCr & _ "<PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS>" & vbCr sAddress = Application.GetAddress(AddressProperties:=sAddressCode, _ UseAutoText:=False, DisplaySelectDialog:=1, _ RecentAddressesChoice:=True, UpdateRecentAddresses:=True) When ...

MAPI Spooler
I have an email stuck in the Outbox that can't be deleted. Every time I send mail I get an error message about the one email that couldn't be sent because the MAPI Spooler is processing it. How do I get it out of there? >-----Original Message----- >I have an email stuck in the Outbox that can't be >deleted. Every time I send mail I get an error message >about the one email that couldn't be sent because the MAPI >Spooler is processing it. How do I get it out of there? >. >i have exactly the same problem if yu find a solution please let me ...

Extended Warrenty?
Hello, I am a current user of RMS of course, and I bought the product in 2004 January to be exact, I know that if you are on the plan you get the upgrades, and if not then you have to pay quite a bit to get back on the plan to qualify for the upgrade...how do I re-new my service plan? Will I be recieving notice of this or what? I do know that it's something like 15 - 20% of the actual cost of the software, but I figure what the heck, it's probably just worth it because of the upgrades...then again who knows? Thank You, Vince ...

Bugs in Extended Pricing
There are two documented bugs in Extended Pricing that are causing me a great deal of distress. I am just wondering when they will be fixed. The first one is documented in article 863270. When someone bills an item from a promotional price sheet, the cusrsor does not move to the next line. I have seen this happen on 8.0 and 9.0. I am now downloading SP1 for 9.0 but I have seen no mention of a fix in the documentation. The second one is documented in article 898962. Extended Pricing does not allow different maximum prices for quantity ranges on version 8.0. The document states that...

Why does MC act differently with extender?
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate on my desktop computer and use an XBOX 360 as an extender. I don't understand why Windows Media Center has different behavior when I am at my computer vs. using the extender. If I want my c:\photos folder to be included in my library at my desktop, why do I have to reconfigure it when I try to view photos on my XBOX extender? It is very frustrating when I configure something on the Media Center it works flawlessly on my computer only to have it fail when using my XBOX extender. I just added movies to the video share on my Windows Home S...

Extending CListCtrl
I subclassed off of CListCtrl and want to enforce certain styles and extended styles (report view, grid lines, full row select). Can I override some method to do this? So far I have tried Create, CreateEx, and PreCreateWindow, but setting a breakpoint reveals that the framework calls none of those 3. Any thoughts? You could do this in OnCreate() as well... This code might have something interesting for you: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/advanced/article.php/c4179/ http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/html/_sample_mfc_rowlist.asp Tom...

Microsoft Exchange/MAPI spooler
When visiting websites, I try to send an e-mail using the link provided and receive the following message: The MAPI spooler could not be started. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications. MAPI 1.0 [000004C7]. I just don't understand why my e-mail program won't launch automatically. I am using Windows XP and Outlook 2002.. any help would be appreciated. Thank you Hi Linda, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb/articles/q173/2/99.asp&NoWebContent=1 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings...

Extender and SmartList
I added a Window using extender to my item Maint. Card. I would like to use the feilds I added in Smartlist. But they don't seem to be showing up. Does anybody know how? Yup. Go back to the design of the eXtender window, and you should see a button on the lower right marked Smartlist. From there, you have to select which smartlist objects to integrate with. I remember a small delay between setting this up and actually having access to the fields in Smartlist, in our case (cache? don't know ...) Hope this helps, Maria. "Dustin" wrote: > I added a Window using exte...

which format for Windows Media Center EXTENDER?
I have a computer with Windows Media Center XP operating system. I also have the Linksys model WMCE54AG Windows Media Center EXTENDER which is compatible with the XP operating system, not Vista OS. I have downloaded TVersity to use to transfer movie files to the EXTENDER so they can be viewed on a TV set using a wireless router. I also have HANDBRAKE software that can convert the downloaded movie into a format that would be compatible with the EXTENDER. Now, after all of this, this is my question, which format should I convert the movie files to? While file format works best wi...

Extending CFileDialog
I'm trying to extend CFileDialog in the following way: I have a group of project-specific files which are stored together in a project folder, where the project folder has a distinguishable name, e.g. via an extension, etc. When the user browses to such a folder, I can infer from context which project file the user is trying to load, and would therefore like to pick that file and return IDOK from DoModal. I have overridden OnFolderChange in the following way: void MyFileDialog::OnFolderChange ( ) { bool is_project_folder = // logic to see if folder name contains project folder n...

Extending a class.
In order to implement a Right Mouse Button click handler on a CTreeView is am required to derive my own class from the CTreeView class. (According to an example on CodeGuru.) http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c691/ As I created the application as a dialog based application and simply dragged the TreeView control onto the form. However no class was created for this object. I'm confused.. Where is the instance of the object that was dragged and dropped onto the form and how do I change it to be an instance of my new derived class? I don't grok it...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

Extending the data range of a Pivot Report
How do I extend the data range of my Pivot Report without creating a new chart? I'd use a dynamic range name. See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic But you can right click on the pivottable and show the wizard. Hit back until you get to the dialog where you specify the range, then make your change and finish up. (The dynamic range name may make it so you never have to do anything but hit the refresh button, though.) Nell wrote: > > How do I extend the data range of my Pivot Report without creating a new chart? -- D...

Media Center Extender
Could anyone recommend reliable Media Center Extenders? I've recently moved house so need to move things around, which is the sole reason for needing a Media Center Extender. I used to record and watch Uk Terrestrial Tv through Vista Media Centre, hooked up to my Tv and Hi-Fi and now have a fairly large catalogue of recorded movies (from terrestrial broadcasts). My Vista PC will no longer sit in my living room (near the Tv), though my hi-fi system will (ie amplifier and speakers). An S-video output from the extender would be useful, until I switch to a newer Tv (which wil...

Extender
Is there a way to add Extender windows to say a customer or fixed asset that does not overwrite the information that is already there? For instance, say I add an extender window to fixed assets and the key is the asset ID. I capture two additional fields – Date and Group, for instance. The problem is that if I add another entry for the same asset, it just overwrites the existing date and group but what if I want to keep history? The Extender Notes seems to be able to do it but you have limited capability to set up custom fields, like Group for instance. -- Pieter Hi Pieter, Sorry...

Extend range to sum
I want to have cell C1 display the sum of an unknown number of cells in column D. The list in column D will grow over time. How can this be done without specifying a range much larger than I currently need? Ivor Ivor Check out Dynamic Ranges that allow for growth here at Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:39:35 GMT, "Ivor Williams" <ivor@just-a-second.com> wrote: >I want to have cell C1 display the sum of an unknown number of cells in >column D. The list in column D wil...

Extending Quadrants
I am making a line graph for school. But I need to extend the quadrants, and extend the treadline back, how do I do this? I don't know what "extend the quadrants" means. If using a trendline is to make sense, you should probably be using an XY chart, not a line chart. You can format an XY chart so lines connect the points. To extend the trendline in either direction, double click on it, and on the Options tab, increase the value in the Forecast boxes. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...