Export registry key

Hi,
Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ?
I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key
(and creating a .reg file in a text format).
I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format.

Yoav.

0
yoav (105)
7/28/2005 9:19:12 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I believe you will have to do this yourself.  There is no Automation or exported function interface
to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program.  However, it shouldn't be
terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a
CStdioFile object to write lines out to your .Reg file as you enumerate.

"Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:eJG4xy0kFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ?
> I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg
> file in a text format).
> I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format.
>
> Yoav.

0
ScotB (234)
7/28/2005 9:58:36 AM
Something like RegSaveKey, perhaps?

Peace!

-=- James.

0
spam9311 (30)
7/28/2005 11:15:17 AM
Before the OP flames you, perhaps you'd like to re-read his post??

"James R. Twine" <spam@jrtwine.com> wrote in message
> Something like RegSaveKey, perhaps?
>
> Peace!
>
> -=- James.

0
ScotB (234)
7/28/2005 2:04:39 PM
Yikes!  I completely missed that last sentence...!  Well, that is what
I get for posting before coffee...! :/

Peace!

-=- James.

0
spam9311 (30)
7/28/2005 6:17:00 PM
"Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ?
> I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a
> key (and creating a .reg file in a text format).
> I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary
> format.
>
> Yoav.

In the Windows 2000 Resource Kit, there are a couple command-line programs
that provide registry services including dumping keys and such.  I think
that REGFIND might be usable within a system() call.

    Norm

0
ndrez (136)

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

Opening Access with the Shift key
I've locked myself out of my own Access2007 database after implementing some settings on how it should open. I used to get back in to older versions by holding down the shift key whilst opening the database, but this does not work in 2007. How do i get back to the advanced access options when I open this *.accdb database? On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:38:00 -0800, f13lecturer wrote: > I've locked myself out of my own Access2007 database after implementing some > settings on how it should open. I used to get back in to older versions by > holding down the shift key whilst openi...

Export / Import Security

Export item ID?

shortcut key to go to formula bar
I have looked without success for a shortcut key that will take me from the worksheet area to the formula bar, and vice versa, without having to reach to the mouse and click in the bar. Does such a shortcut(s) exist? Thanks Tonso McCrae F2 will put you into editing mode and if you have edit directly in cell checked under tools>options>edit you will stay in the cell, but if you uncheck it, then it will put you in the formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Tonso" <csa@gc...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

some keys locked on keyboard. How do I unlock it?
Some keys on my keyboard is locked in Exel. How do I unlock it? "Dalene" <Dalene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F12F0DC0-7689-4618-8518-88C4C7335B99@microsoft.com... > Some keys on my keyboard is locked in Exel. How do I unlock it? I don't understand what you mean. Doesn't anything happen when you press these keys? Do these keys work in other applications like MS Word? /Fredrik Which keys and when does it happen? One workbook or all workbooks? Is scroll lock key enabled? Have you checked if perhaps you have Transition Navigation Keys enabl...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...

Can I export my Publisher document into MS Word?
Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document into MS Word? Hi Matt (matthew_removethis_@mccallister.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document || into MS Word? No you cannot. You can open one instance of Publisher and one instance of Word and copy/paste between the two programs, or do a CTRL+Drag and Drop between the two programs. Some formatting will be lost however. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Export
Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. Thanks, Joel I put this question in the wrong place. Sorry "JoelS" wrote: > Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to > a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. > > Thanks, > > Joel ...

Outlook export csv contacts screws up email addresses (why?)
There must be a way to prevent Outlook from screwing up email addresses upon import and subsequent export of a csv file into and out of the contacts? But how? Here's what happens consistently with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. I import this two-line csv test file into my Outlook contacts. Note this test file contains an email address which is not in my company Exchange server (apparently). LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME,PHONE,EMAIL Bar,Foo,123-456-7890,foo@bar.com When I export these contacts, the result is a different format: "LASTNAME","FIRSTNAME","PHONE","EM...

Morphed SKU Numbers on export to Excel
I am exporting an RMS Items report to Excel to send to my new on-line shopping cart provider. One of the pieces of data needs to be the RMS SKU #. I use a combination of 4 or 5 digit internally generated SKUs, plus the typical bar code wanded numbers where items are manufacturer barcoded. When the file opens in Excel, most of the manufacturer barcode SKUs are morphed. Some look fine, but many are morphed with decimals and letters included. The morphed ones do not appear that way in the RMS database. Any ideas?? These look fine: 84692000135 Taylor's Vintage '03 Ruby Port 8...

Mass VCard Export/Save As
How can I save multiple selected contacts as VCards? I see I can do this individually, but not en masse. My goal is to transfer my contacts to my IPod, but I can't find any freeware solutions for this. Chris google suggests : http://outport.sourceforge.net/ "Chris" <AccessCaz@pobox.com> wrote in message news:%23rA4$igzDHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I save multiple selected contacts as VCards? I see I can do this > individually, but not en masse. My goal is to transfer my contacts to my > IPod, but I can't find any freeware solutions for this...

Export Web List
I am using Visio 2002 to capture the structure and content exsisting web sites. After that is done is there a way to export the contents of the List window into Excel or Access? Thank you for your help! Hi Pamela, When you are running the Web Diagram solution template in Visio 2002, select the "Reports" item from "Web" menu. If you have Excel installed on the machine, it will be one of the report output options. I hope this helps. -- Dick Hamilton Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Pa...

import/export
i have to import some images to an existing PPT then export them so thet the background image is retained, then import them into another PPT for distribution. this is so the background branding is retained. so 2 questions: 1) is there an easy smart way to do this\ 2) or is there an way to export the saved images to the 2nd PPT via VBA (i'm using VBA for the import/export). tia, mcnewsxp Once you have the images inserted into your presentation, save the presentation as .png files which will save all your images with the slide background in tact, then use Shyam's image i...

export from iCal to Outlook?
Hello, Does anyone know of a way to export a calendar from iCal to Outlook? Thanks Margarita mp <mparker@myra.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to export a calendar from iCal to Outlook? iCalendar is a format, not an application. What application are you using that exports in an iCalendar format? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] If you mean Apple iCal, just save it in the default format. Outlook 2007 will open it by double clicking the file. Outlook 2003 may be able to import it through File | Import and Export, but depending on the file content, it may not work. -...

Registry search and replace
Need some help creating a vbs file that will replace a server name with another server name and traverse the entire registry, all KEYS and VALUES. Needs to be non-prompting, silent and easily set with the variables. I found the following but it will take a bunch of modification to make it work and it only changes values, not keys. Can anyone help? If LCase(Right(Wscript.FullName, 11)) = "wscript.exe" Then strPath = Wscript.ScriptFullName strCommand = "%comspec% /k cscript """ & strPath & """" Set objShell = Cr...

Lost install CD, need to reinstall Office, have Product ID, how can I get Product Key?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I rebuilt a computer at work and need to re-install Office 2008. We have a license for it, but the original CD w/Product Key has been lost and no one wrote down the Product Key. Is there a way to convert the Product ID into a Product Key so that I can re-install the software using my Office 2008 CD from home? On 9/29/09 6:02 AM, in article 59b7d84b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "chrisblackstone@officeformac.com" <chrisblackstone@officeformac.com> wrote: > I rebuilt a computer at work and need to r...