Exploring MFC Source code

Hi,
I am just want to get a little acquaint on the MFC source code. There isn't
any project files for .NET 2002. Just a makefile. So how to see it from head
to tail? Thanks
Jack

0
jl1 (84)
4/11/2005 3:38:44 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Jacky,

> Hi,
> I am just want to get a little acquaint on the MFC source code. There
> isn't
> any project files for .NET 2002. Just a makefile. So how to see it
> from head
> to tail? Thanks

Its all installed on your machine. You can look at the installation directory,
but the best way to understand most aspects of MFC would be to build a simple
SDI app (in debug configuration) using wizard and stepping thru MFC code
(single step into MFC code). MFC code can be very discouraging, especially
in the beginning. However, if you go thru examples like SCRIBBLE (in MSDN)
tutorial, it will help a great deal.

A typical directory for Visual Studio 2003 is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\src. I suspect similar structure for 2002.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Want Formula (if any)/code to take Folder list in Excel
Hi, Need help I want details(Name,Size,Path,last updated) of files containing in folder as well as sub folder in one excel. I know the Command prompt method where list is saved in notepad and we need to copy the same in excel. I am using Office 2003 & 2007. Thanks you in anticipation Tejas Check out the FileSystemObject object model. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hww8txat(VS.85).aspx --JP On Oct 14, 12:24=A0am, maximus <meette...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Need help > > I want details(Name,Size,Path,last updated) of files containing in > folder a...

Intellimouse Explorer 2
My computer just installed the latest update for Office, now have version 11.3. Now, the zoom in and out buttons on the side of my mouse only magnify the desktop -- everything magnifies, and there is no zoom in Word or Excel. Word documents start at 120% and clicking mouse side buttons will magnify the page and the entire desktop. No way to zoom out. Only way to change page sizes is to go to zoom from View. I reinstalled original mouse drivers, and even downloaded newer driver, did not make any difference. I am in the middle of writing a book, use Word hours on end, and know for a fact the zo...

SQL category update code
What would be a code to update a catory field if a specific name is in the item description line, For example if the description contains Brandy set the item's category to brandy ? thanks Robert Robert - first you'll need to know what categoryID has been assigned to your brandy department - run the following query select * from category then jot down the ID of the "brandy" category... lets say the ID is 3 your update query will be UPDATE ITEM SET CATEGORYID = 3 WHERE DEPARTMENT LIKE '%BRANDY%'; the % sign allows for any word before and after the word brandy...

Tab keys and accelerators don't work in mfc regular dll #2
I am wondering why I can't get tab keys or accelerators to work in a mfc regular dll my main application is calling. It doesn't matter if mfc is statically linked or shared. Raj See if the following posts from the archives helps you. http://tinyurl.com/l52g http://tinyurl.com/l52i -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Raj Kulkarni" <rajkulkarni@gl.com> wrote in message news:#ZengswaDHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am wondering why I can't get tab keys or accelerators to work in a mfc > regul...

Getting currentt;y type title,url and keywords from explorer
Here is my problem The program should simply read the webpage that the user is looking at and grab the 'Title', the 'keywords' meta tags and the URL of the page being looked at. Here is an example: 1a user visits http://www.insure.com/ 2.The software grabs the title, keywords and URL. 3.The software makes a list of the keywords and phrases found. 4. an add to file please some one help i requiredit immediately ...

"Very Urgent
Hi All, We have a very urgent requirement for Software Engineers with 4+ years of experience in VC++ & MFC for working in London UK Skillset: VC++, MFC Exp Required: 4+ yrs Qualification: BE/B Tech Domain: Finance Job Loc.: London - UK Positions Open: 4 Salary: As per Local Standards Reporting Time: 1 Week If you find yourself suitable for the position, Please forward your updated resume to consulting@effexoft.com immediately. Regards, Effexoft Consulting www.effexoft.com...

Explorer view changed
Hi I have Ultimate SP2. I have three hard drives and have a shortcut to each, a short while ago (this morning) the view in Explorer changed, I used to have the Drive and it's folders on the left side and the folders or sub folder on the right. Now I have a "Favorite Links" on the left and the folders on the right. How do I get my original view back? Thanks Daniel On 12/15/09, Daniel posted: > Hi > I have Ultimate SP2. > I have three hard drives and have a shortcut to each, a short while ago (this > morning) > the view in Exp...

Have the need to sort text code-values within same Excel cell
Got column with thousands of cells containg different codes, e.g., cell P357 --> {X, A, B2, T83, M19}; cell P425 --> {T83, A, X, M19, B2}, etc ... Need a way to sort these individual cells in a similar order so I can aggregate the number of cells containing the same set of codes/values ... I am somehow familiar with the basic Excel functionality but above situation is really challenging me ! Thanks in advance .. Say each of the cells in column A contains a list of 5 codes separated by commas. First copy column A into columns B, C, D, and E. Next set and Au...

explorer
I use maximo and Explorer 8 and have problems opening the start center subfolders in maximo Can be from Explorer "Adrian 44" <Adrian 44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A986D95-8FF4-48AA-86CB-22E12BD5FD68@microsoft.com... >I use maximo and Explorer 8 and have problems opening the start center > subfolders in maximo > Can be from Explorer Any help here: http://www.maximokb.com/kb/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=119 Good luck, Donald Anadell ...

Re: Internet Explorer
I am using IE 6, and this does not seem to work. The ASSERT call fails. Any ideas how I can get this to work? Thanks for your help. ------------------------------------------------------------ To attach to an existing IE, See KB Article Q176792 "HOWTO: Connecting to a Running Instance of Internet Explorer". -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com wrote in message news:6f991d63028915aaa2b7df79c6c7a824@news.scbiz.com... | Let's say somebody has an Internet Explorer browser window | already open. Could someone tell me how to make that window | navigate to a part...

Why do my data labels do not match source data?
I have created a chart but my data labels do not match the source data. The labels state, Series 1, Series 2, etc. Hi, If the labels read series 1, series 2 etc it would suggest that you have not specified a range in which to pick up the series name from. Right click the chart and pick Source Data... On the Series tab check the Name control contents. Cheers Andy KeithRD48 wrote: > I have created a chart but my data labels do not match the source data. The > labels state, Series 1, Series 2, etc. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

I want to change name of Active X MFC component
HI, I want to change name of Active X MFC component being compiled by the current project... How do i do that in VC++ .60 Help required a.a.cpp ...

Help: Shell out to File Explorer
I want to fire up File Explorer and open it to a specific folder on the network. How would I code that? In news:8C635612-613B-49EA-BD99-2B24D34A2501@microsoft.com, Perico <Perico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to fire up File Explorer and open it to a specific folder on > the network. How would I code that? Have you tried just following the folder path as a hyperlink, like this: Dim strFolderPath As String strFolderPath = " ... your path to the folder in question ..." Application.FollowHyperlink strFolderPath -- Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MV...

with internet explorer problem
Hi All, me using ie6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090804-1412. I wanna test the www.etvnetmart.com, in this i can able to login but not able to check page is available in that site(even single page) getting the problem like this "https://www.etvnetmart.com/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fCategories.aspx" Kindly give me the solution for this. How can i overcome from ReturnUrl=% wrote: > me using ie6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090804-1412. > I wanna test the www.etvnetmart.com, in this i can able to login > but not able to check page is available in that site(even single ...

Internet Explorer 8: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe vs C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
I recently moved to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. I have noticed that there are two copies of Internet Explorer 8 on the machine, located at the following locations: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (I am assuming this is a 32-bit version) C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (I am assuming this is the 64-bit version) First of all, why did Windows 7 install both versions? And second, is there any difference between them? I have tried running both of them, and I have not noticed any difference, and I am assuming that there is not supposed to be ...

How to create a "really" transparence MFC control?
I wrote a D3D app based on the MFC dialog,the app's draw frequency is 30FPS.It has a main dialog,i create the D3D device on it,also i create some sub dialogs and controls on this main dialog.When i run this app, some errors appear.When i click or move the sub dialogs and controls it reflash on the background(I think the MFC's draw frequency unequal to the D3D app's draw frequency cause this problem), this bring on the bad effect.Is there any methods let this sub dialogs and controls didn't reflash or redraw themself to be "really" transparence:only receive or send...

Q: Viewing PDF in an MFC application
Hi Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site, which shows how to display a PDF document in a view of an MFC application? Thanks David In message <3f7abd34$0$6631$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, David Jones <dave@ymchwil.NODAMNSPAM.com> writes >Hi > >Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site, which shows how to display a >PDF document in a view of an MFC application? I can't, but if type PDF and DLL library into google you will most likely get some hits for vendors that sell toolkits that allow you to do just this. I looked into this about 6 months ago f...

How to change Exchange store location by code ?
Hi, I want to change the location of the MailBox store database location and the Public folder store database location. I try to use LDAP without success. Any ideas ? Thanks, Christophe. Hi Christophe Try this 257184 XADM: How to Move Exchange Databases and Logs in Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257184 Hope this helps -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Chris...

Template of Document for a MFC Project.
I'm working with MFC project. But I and my company don't have any experience and information about making document. I need help. Please let me have advice and information about it. hi, If you are mentioning a CDocument, then let me mention that a CDocument is used to store data. In the doc-view architecture the CDocument (or its derivables) will hold the data needed for your application while the CView (or the derivable of it) would display the data. Hence the document could mean anything - a line of text, an image, binary data etc. hth gangadhar npk Joon-ho Ryu wrote: > ...

Apply the critical pack for MS Internet Explorer
--gazqssichwawneg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lwaisnepbrbnxmkjh"; type="multipart/alternative" --lwaisnepbrbnxmkjh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="yqncbogispuqepk" --yqncbogispuqepk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install no...

Problem in converting VC++ code to managed VC.NET code
Hello, I've a vector in VC++ code. I'm trying to convert into managed VC.NET code public ref struct MsgStructure sealed { unsigned char *m_pucData; unsigned long m_ulLen; } ; public ref class CCircBuffer { public: vector<MsgStructure^> MsgList; // this is the line i'm getting the error. }; When i compile this code i'm getting the following error. e:\vs.net 2005 pro\trials\dim\dim\CircBuffer.h(41) : error C4368: cannot define 'MsgList' as a member of managed 'CCircBuffer': mixed types are not supported. Can anyone help me sorting out this problem...

What's the difference between MFC, AFC, WFC, ActiveX
What's the difference between MFC, AFC, WFC, etc..., and all those other 3 letter acronyms (and ActiveX) which to me is just one lump right now I call the Microsoft Windows Operating System. ....Which to me means I can make a call to this routine because it already exists somewhere in the Microsoft Windows Operating System. I assume (probably incorrectly) the operating system is broken down into chunks and each chunk is given it's own name. Is there a diagram somewhere that puts it all together and sorts it out? MFC is a framework for creating Windows programs. It is a very th...

Code for Conditional format
A cell value is"MEDIUM & LARGE" or "LARGE & MEDIUM".Iwould like apply conditional format for these two words two different colors,that means MEDIUM word should have one color and LARGE word should have other color."&" string with common color.Any give a Vb code Is there anything stopping you from splitting the 2 results into 2 adjacent columns? If that was OK, then you could use CF easily. Rgds, ScottO "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182C87D2-5339-493B-A336-956D7AF3FA41@micro...

How do I create a option group in forms coding
Excel 2003 example: If Gender was a question on an excel form - how do I code it to only allow one selection from the 2 choices? Thanks Dave On a userform? You could put both optionbuttons inside a frame. Or maybe you could use a single checkbox (label it male (or female)). If it's checked, the gender is what the label shows. Dave wrote: > > Excel 2003 > > example: If Gender was a question on an excel form - how do I code it to > only allow one selection from the 2 choices? > > Thanks > > Dave -- Dave Peterson Thanks for the reply. Yes on a user...

Breaking out G/L Coding for a Payment Batch
I am trying to figure out the G/L coding when I cut checks. In other words, what the original G/L account the invoices were coded to when the A/P was posted. When you post checks is only debits A/P and credits Cash. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Thank you so much in advance. Is it Payables only or are Purchase Invoices included, too? If it's Payables only, it's fairly easy to create a report to pull in the information. If you need to include Purchase Invoices, then your job just got much more difficult because you have to dive into the Purchase Receipts. -- Charles ...