Experts Question

Hi.
I'm writing a multi tool application, something like outlook.
I have an MDI application of course.
Inside the MDI the user may choose any of few Mini tools (something like
calendar,contacts,mail, tasks etc).
A mini tool may be an MDI - e.g. one of my mini tool is a resources editor,
which means that the user may first choose the "Resource Editor" mini tool,
and open/create many windows to edit.
Another mini tool will be "Scripts Editor", which the user may choose to
open many scripts views.

My problem is how to implement the switching between mini tools, I wanna put
a shortcut bar on the left (like outlook) and when the user clicks on one of
the mini tool shortcut, I need to hide all other windows(views) and show him
the relevant widows to the selected mini tool, the menus and toolbar must be
switched too.
How do I explicitly switch from one mini tool to another, using the most
elegant way?

Really needs help,
Regards and thanks,
J.

0
janiv (189)
1/20/2004 8:43:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HelP !

"Janiv Ratson" <janiv@aoe6.net> wrote in message
> Hi.
> I'm writing a multi tool application, something like outlook.
> I have an MDI application of course.
> Inside the MDI the user may choose any of few Mini tools (something like
> calendar,contacts,mail, tasks etc).
> A mini tool may be an MDI - e.g. one of my mini tool is a resources
editor,
> which means that the user may first choose the "Resource Editor" mini
tool,
> and open/create many windows to edit.
> Another mini tool will be "Scripts Editor", which the user may choose to
> open many scripts views.
>
> My problem is how to implement the switching between mini tools, I wanna
put
> a shortcut bar on the left (like outlook) and when the user clicks on one
of
> the mini tool shortcut, I need to hide all other windows(views) and show
him
> the relevant widows to the selected mini tool, the menus and toolbar must
be
> switched too.
> How do I explicitly switch from one mini tool to another, using the most
> elegant way?
>
> Really needs help,
> Regards and thanks,
> J.

0
Ratson

Excel Question: Can I add images to a drop down list box?
Hey All, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to have a drop down box that was populated by images instead of straight text. Anyone out there have some insight they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks, Croucho Pay some developers $100000 of dollars to come up with that excel addin. "Croucho" wrote: > Hey All, > > I was wondering if anyone knew a way to have a drop down box that was > populated by images instead of straight text. Anyone out there have some > insight they wouldn't mind sharing? > > Thanks, > Croucho only if you know VBS and can ...

Money 2007 Question about tracking savings...
I am currently using MS Msney 2007 on a XP system SP2. My wife and I need to track money that we deposit into our savings account that will be spent for different things. We put in $150 every week but this needs to be split to different future bills (property tax, house insurance, christmas presents for the family, etc.) as well as savings goals like a new car. I have tried using the savings goal in money and have not gotten very far. Maybe I need to play around with it some more. I'm hoping that there is someone here who will be able to help me with. It is hard to look at our saving...

Does anyone know any Excel Experts ?
ExcelExperts.com is has more work than people. We are looking for Excel / VBA experts to do targetted work on a job by job basis. More info here: http://excelexperts.com/excel-vba-jobs Nick Visit www.ExcelGoodies.Com...

ThisWorkbook.Close question
Please take a look at the code below: Public Sub DumbFoo ( ) ThisWorkbook.Close() Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = -1 ThisWorkbook.Save() End Sub Is it safe to assume that the code below the "ThisWorkbook.Close()" line will NOT be executed??? My question is basically: Does all VBA code stop executing once a .Close() function is called??? Thank you! I don't believe the code would execute at all because of the parentheses after Close. It would throw an error an tell you that something is missing, or type mismatch. But, if you did...

Datasheet question
Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? Thanks Not that I know of, but you could emulate it by creating a new form with a form header (unbound - no rowsource) and place a subform in that form displayed as datasheetview. Maurice "Phil Hunt" wrote: > Is it possible to show a Form Header on a Datasheet form ? > > Thanks > > > No but you can fake it by putting the datasheet form in a subform = control on an unbound main form - Put whatever you'd like on the main = form. --=20 Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "Phil Hunt" &l...

Ingenico 6550 Questions
Has anybody tried using the Ingenico 6550 for v.2 yet? I would like to upgrade to these but the information to do so is non existant. How is it set up and configured? I even called Ingenico and they know even less than the resellers. Kind of leary with the lack of information. Tony This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_052F_01C76BC7.17D8B310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tony, MS hasn't posted a KB for it yet.=20 --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3...

TM question
When I type in (Tm) the text automatically changes to superscript tm for trademark. This is a case of the software having a mind of its own! How do I turn this off? Tools|Auto-Correct Options -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE819AC2-04AE-4664-A78B-7B3D910CC48D@microsoft.com... > When I type in (Tm) the text automatically changes to superscript tm for > trademark. > > This is a case of the software having a mind of its own! > > How do I turn this off? --- Outgoing mail is certif...

Newsgroup question
Hi Can you please let me know if I am able to view this newsgroup via RSS? and if so, please can you let me know what the link is. Thank you. Since it propagates as Usenet news, readable with a newsreader, RSS would seem duplicative. "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:uqB2cllXKHA.3676@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can you please let me know if I am able to view this newsgroup via RSS? > and if so, please can you let me know what the link is. I'm no quite sure what you mean. Can I use RSS? I'm using Mail and it has RSS feed and I would lik...

Active Directory Connector Question
Hi All, I currently have an ADC connection that is one way from Exchange 5.5 to AD. I have been having trouble with this setup as there are some accounts on the 5.5 side that did not get stamped with the ADC Global Names attribute, and they keep trying to replicate back in and will cause problems with distribution lists and whatnot. So my question is: Can I get rid of this connector and make a two way connection without any problems? If I do this, will there be any side effects like disabled accounts being created for user accounts that already have mailboxes? We have already migrated all...

output question
#define the properties to be returned ($colPropList is an array) $colProplist = "name","member" foreach ($i in $colPropList) { $Searcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add($i) } Above is the code to set the properties for a directory search but it produces a 0 1 in the outputs. Any one happen to have experienced this and how to get rid of the 0 1 output ? Thanks Redirect result of the method to $null { $Searcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add($i) > $null } -Paul "Chris" wrote: > #define the properties to be returned ($colPropList is an array) > $col...

Message Headers question
How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not. At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the message. Thanks, John Upgrade to the newer beta: http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/ Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "John Smith" wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... How can I make the message headers display more prominent so tha...

Question about report
I have data as below: Discription Amount ------------ --------- 20ABC123 100 20ABC234 150 40ABC123 100 40ABC234 200 20BCD123 250 20BCD234 100 40ABC123 150 40BCD123 100 Report Result Discription Vol Amount ------------ ---- ---------- ABC 5 700 BCD 3 450 Tks U very much for help! Tom In the query on which your report is based, create a new field as follows--- LetterKey: =Mid(DescriptionField, 3,3) Use th...

Question on Loan account
I signed for a home loan with a bank. The bank releases the loan amount on a periodical basis depending on the status on construction of the house. Following is the recent history on the loan account Release first installment by bank : 8000 Add fees: 200 Add interest for month: 40 Add interest for month: 70 Add interest for month: 70 Release second installment by bank: 18000 Add interest for month: 220 There will be few more releases by the bank in the next few months and interest will go up after each release. The interest will be going up after each release How do i track the above tr...

Question about Window GUI Program
hello I'm writing GUI program like Microsoft MediaPlayer style. I success to write that Dialog based interface. But I have no idea how to implement that using Single Document Interface, or I want drawing skin at program's view area. Anyone know about this? or have simple source code? plz teach your good advices. thank you My skin is no ractangle. it include a curved line. "mihyon" <einstone@e-castle.co.kr> wrote in message news:br97vr$h6u$1@news1.kornet.net... > hello > > I'm writing GUI program like Microsoft MediaPlayer style. > > I succes...

A question about Cstring class !
I am a new learner of vc++ Please help me! When I see somebody create a variate of Cstring and then init it like this: m_DepID=L"" ,what is the L means; Thanks! That makes it a UNICODE string. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "yc0188" <yc0188@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#0BkvuMLEHA.2400@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am a new learner of vc++ > Please help me! > When I see somebody create a variate of Cstring and then init it like this: > m_DepID=L"" ,what is the L means; > > Thanks! > > Note, that there a...

Listbox Question
I have userform4 where I have put a command button and listbox on it, this is connected to a sheet called Hidden. I want to allow the user to select the text in the userbox and click on the command button to delete that certain entry on the worksheet. Is this possible, How to I acheive this to happen. Thanks in advance Greg ...

Axis Numbering Question
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7. Let's say I have a chart with vertical axis tick marks every 10 units. However, my grid lines are every 20 Units, and the number for the units appears next to the grid lines. So, again, my numbers read 0, 20, 40, 60, etc, with grid lines at these numbers. For the tick marks at 10, 30, 50, etc., any way to also get actual numbers to appear next to them (without changing the grid line spacing) ? Thanks, Bob In your example: the major unit are 20 (0, 20, 40, 60,) while the minor unit is 10 It is possible to have both major...

Continuous Forms Question 05-14-10
Hi, I have two similar subforms connected to two different tables. Each subform has a textbox control. I have to check its contents in the event BeforeUpdate. So, when a NEW RECORD is created, the first subform behaves quite normal: after the message, I run command Cancel = True and if the user presses Escape button, the textbox gets empty. But the second subform behaves in a bit different way: when the user presses Escape button, the whole content of that textbox just gets marked, giving the way to move to the next control by pressing Tab and passing the checkup. What's wron...

Expert advice
I can understand the trend to Linux. If I have to become an expert to fix MS implementation problems, why not learn a bit about Linux and never have to sort out the problems you paid for NOT to have to solve for a big fat rich company at no cost to them? Unless you think paying somebody who can't cut it elsewhere to answer questions about things which are supposed to work without hassles for eight years is an expense... Supersoul777 wrote: > I can understand the trend to Linux. If I have to become an expert > to fix MS implementation problems, why not learn a bit abo...

SPF record question
Hello! I think I understand SPF records now (thanks to Jim Martin in another group), but I would like to know if anyone can confirm my questions. I found this page http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html that lets one test an SPF record. It does not test version 2 yet. Let's call my domain "mydomain.net" and assume that my mail server is named "mail.mydomain.net." I have my DNS controlled by www.zoneedit.com and I have a backup mail server there to grab any mail if my server is not answering. When I use www.dnsreport.com to check my domain, it shows two MX re...

Crosstab Query Questions
Hey everyone, I've created a crosstab query. My Row heading is CourseName. My Column Heading is County. I have 10 countes in which I'm interested in. And 6 different courses. I am running a monthly report. Not all courses run in each county each month. So in my Value field in my Crosstab Query, I have it set to Expr1: CLng(Nz(Avg([tblCourses]![StartDate]-[tblCourses]![Date Approved]),0)) And I want the Average of these numbers so I'm using the AVG function in the total. When I run the query, it catches the data I want and it calculate the average. However, ...

Question about hyperlinks
What I am trying to do is, through the use of a form and the base url of the company website concatenate the prisoners number [PNumber] field and the base URL of the website. The base URL is as follows - http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber= The prisoner information is entered into the database via a text file and a macro using the transfertext method. Unfortunately, the website link is not available in the text file. I have tried two different approaches and neither seem to work. In my table I have the following fields, [PrisonerURL] & [PNumber]. One sce...

Question on a bad URL
In Money 2004, I have an account setup with Capitol One. When I'm looking at that account and select "Go to Capitol One" -> "Go to Capitol One Financial Corp web site", the web site (or URL) it tries to use is wrong. Is there a way to update the URL and if so, how? Thanks in advance, Christopher In microsoft.public.money, Christoher wrote: >In Money 2004, I have an account setup with Capitol One. >When I'm looking at that account and select "Go to >Capitol One" -> "Go to Capitol One Financial Corp web >site", the web s...

Question about threads and Events
Okay, I almost have my serial port thread working the way I would like, however there is one instance where my thread will fail to do what I would like (or expect) and I guess I'm going to need help fixing it. Essentially this is how my thread is written: UINT zworldThread(LPVOID p) { SerialObject * myZworldObject = (SerialObject *)p; DWORD bytesRead=0; DWORD bytesWrite=0; ExternalHUDStream * myString = new ExternalHUDStream; DWORD bytesNeeded=sizeof(ExternalHUDStream);; LPBYTE streamptr = (LPBYTE)myString; HANDLE m_hSerialComm = CreateFile("COM2", ...

Experts Only
Experts - I have one user, (Our CEO), who suddenly cannot use an OUTLOOK client. 2000, xp or 2003. When I set up his profile, I perform a check name and get this error: This action could not be completed. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list. NOW 1 - He has been working fine for over 9 months 2- He can still access mail via OWA 3- It is not computer specific, I tried to you my computer and I get the same error? What could of happened? How can I fix this? Any Idea/Suggestions welcomed Have you confirmed that his email address is not hidden in the GAL? If i...