Expand max. status bar pane text length?

Hello.

As I found, maximal status bar pane text length is 127 characters.
Is it possible to expand it?

Thanks.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you sure there is a limit?

This is what the structure is defined as.... notice that the "text in
pane" is a CString.

struct AFX_STATUSPANE
{
	UINT    nID;        // IDC of indicator: 0 => normal text area
	int     cxText;     // width of string area in pixels
						//   on both sides there is a 3 pixel gap and
						//   a one pixel border, making a pane 6 pixels wider
	UINT    nStyle;     // style flags (SBPS_*)
	UINT    nFlags;     // state flags (SBPF_*)
	CString strText;    // text in the pane
};

-Seetharam
0
Seetharam
5/12/2010 1:58:50 PM
OK, I have to correct the question. There are no limitations within storage
of data for a string in the pane. But displayed text length in the pane is
127 characters max., even there is enough space.
Any ideas except owner drawing?

Thanks.

"Seetharam" wrote:

> Are you sure there is a limit?
>
> This is what the structure is defined as.... notice that the "text in
> pane" is a CString.
>
> struct AFX_STATUSPANE
> {
> 	UINT    nID;        // IDC of indicator: 0 => normal text area
> 	int     cxText;     // width of string area in pixels
> 						//   on both sides there is a 3 pixel gap and
> 						//   a one pixel border, making a pane 6 pixels wider
> 	UINT    nStyle;     // style flags (SBPS_*)
> 	UINT    nFlags;     // state flags (SBPF_*)
> 	CString strText;    // text in the pane
> };
>
> -Seetharam
> .

Bar Charts that I don't want labeled within the chart
I am doing bar charts based on percentages. My titles are Poor, Fair, Good, Excellent. Usually the % for Poor or Fair is 0% but if it is 2% for Poor and 1% for Fair it looks like 21% because of the size. If it is under 3% I don't want it to show the title but I still want to show it via color in the chart so we know there was something chosen other than zero. Is there an If,Then type of statment I can use to correct this? Hi, Try this custom number format on the data labels. [>0.03]0%; Cheers Andy VenusITN wrote: > I am doing bar charts based on percentages. My titles a...

Assigning a value to a text
Hello, I'm currently doing somework in Excel and would greatly appreciate some help since I'm stuck. I've reached this part in which you have to calculate the dscounted price for each group of products. The discounts are ranged as Normal (5% discount), Special (10% discount), Exclusive (15% discount). When setting up you had to state what category each product was without indicating the % of discount. So I was wondering, if anyone knows how to *embed* the discount into the text, you know masking it. So any onlooker wouldn't notice it, but I can still calculate the discount. ...

#name error text box
=DSum("[Amount]","[Billings Database Hard]","[Customer No] = '" & [cbCusNum] & "' AND [Posting Period Date] = '" & [Me].[cbPostingDate].[Column](0) & "'") Keeps returning #Name error PLEASE HELP You need to format the date field...... try Format(CDate(Me.cbPostingDate), "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#") You shouldn't need the column as 0 is the default. Probably don't need the single quotes around AND [Posting Period Date] = either "Alan" wrote: > =DSum("[Amount]&qu...

how to change the text font into outline form
I am trying to make stencils of the old english font. I would like to write my message in Old English and then turn the font into an outline form to use for a stencil on my walls. Do you know how to do this in Publisher? starrteacher <starrteacher@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to make stencils of the old english font. I would like > to write my message in Old English and then turn the font into an > outline form to use for a stencil on my walls. Do you know how to do > this in Publisher? Use WordArt. I won't patronis...

body text wont send in 2003
I havr recently upgraded to outlook 2003, but until a friend pointed it out, outlook is not sending or even saving in draft mode the main body text of my messages. My recipients just get sent a header with any attachments. Does any one know how to remedy this situation. Have tried most obvious things to do with formats etc and even detect & repair to no avail - HELP! ...

Dlgbox to caluation bar
hi !!!! all hey now i hv a new problem actually my previous application opens a Dlgbox and take some parameter , u can understand it like this , such as we enter font size n in word our document increase or decrease the font size. so can i change Dlgbox into toolbar? plz tell me how? Premanshu Sinha premanshu.sinha@gmail.com > so can i change Dlgbox into toolbar? How would that be? You can always destroy the dialog box and create a toolbar, but I have no idea what you are trying to do. --- Ajay "i" => "I" "hv" => "have" "u&qu...

Text in Excel
I create reports that include multi column & row tables of information & data as well as a lot of text outside the table describing the tabled information. Any suggestion of what the most efficient way of hanling text in Excel would be appreciated. This would include paragraphs and single line text. In the past I have merged the cells of the columns that have text and set them to "wrap" but I am having to constantly adjust the row heights manually. Thanks for any suggestions. You can use comments (Insert>Comment) to the cells, and show or hide them as required...

bar charts with secondary y axis
I want to plot # of deliveries and $ by quarter. The # of deliveries needs to be on the y-axis and the $ need to be on the secondary y-axis. Both series have the same x-axis data (quarter). I need to have them show up as bar charts with a gap between range data. Every time I do it, it just sets one set of data on top of the other. Is there a better way?? Hi, You need to change the layout of your data in order to offset the columns. Jon Peltier has a collection of links. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy John Espinoza wrote: > I want to plo...

How do I mutiple series (different bars) on a stacked bar chart
I am trying to create a chart that shows multiple years of the same data that is a combination of 2 pieces of data. So I created a stacked bar chart to show one year and that was perfect, now I would like to add years on the same chart showing the breakdown of the total for each year. ...

function help for counting text as a value....
I have a schedule spreadsheet. i have 7 names in column A starting at row 4 the assignments are in Column B through O representing 2 weeks. (yes i have them labeled too in rows 2 and 3 for day of the week and the date) i can't remember the formula for calculating the assignment as a value of 12. here is an example of my spreadsheet. Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat 17-Jan 18-Jan 19-Jan 20-Jan 21-Jan 22-Jan 23-Jan 24-Jan 25-Jan 26-Jan 27-Jan 28-Jan 29-Jan 30-Jan Theresa AJ D AJ D OFF AJ D AJ D AJ D AJ D OFF OFF AJ D AJ D AJ D AJ D AJ...

Change text color in a cell automatically
I have few checkboxes and what I am trying to do is to write a macro or format a cell in such a way so that every time I check out one of the check boxes the text (statement) that is in the same cell as the checkbox changes color automatically. ...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in my inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and message time, into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Navigation pane: not holding settings
Hi, Problem: when re-arranging the order of the buttons of Outlook's navigation pane, the next time Outlook is opened they revert back to their original default order. I've searched both this and other groups but have failed to find a solution. In one case the suggestion was made to delete the xml file which stores these settings. Doing so did not solve the problem. Is there any course of action I can take to solve this? Is it a known, unsolved bug? Thanks for taking time to read this message! it is a known, unsolved bug. We think a new profile might fix it - so that is wort...

Word Task Pane...
Whenever I have opened up Word, the Task Pane has always appeared and now it has disappeared. I have to click on View, and click on Task Pane for it to appear. Also, in Tools, Options, View, under Show, there is a check by Startup Task Pane. I am wondering why it is now never there when opening up from the beginning? Some add-ins will prevent it from appearing. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/ShowTaskPane.htm. Note that you need only run the Task Pane Controller macro once (to change the Registry setting); then you should uninstall the Task Pane Controller add...

How can I search for text in muliple Publisher files
I need to search my Publisher 2007 and pre 2007 files for a particular name or peice of text information. I can search for text in other Office applications but my search never includes Publisher files. I have used Windows search and specified to search on Publisher files but still no results. How can I do this? I have also looked into third party software downloads but they all seem to come with data miners. ...

Selecting some text in a Word table Cell
I'm trying to write some Word VBA to select some text in a table cell. The selection is to start from the first instance of a paragraph marker in the cell, and extend to the end of cell marker. The idea is that I might have a cell with CellLine1^pCellLine2^pCellLine3 and want to cut all text from the first paragraph marker to the end of the cell, leaving only the first line. So far, I have: aCell.Select With Selection.Find .Text = "^p" .Forward = True .Wrap = wdFindStop End With Selection.Find.Execute If Selection.Find.Found = True Then ...

Change unbound text box in Report using VBA language from form
I'm wondering if it is possible to change the contents of an unbound text box in a Report by using VBA language from a Form. Here's what I'm trying to do: When the user clicks on an Open Report button, I would like the user to be able to choose if certain text is displayed on the report or not. Then the Report should open. The certain text I'm referring to is only saved in the VB code I've used in the Form that he Open Report button is on. I can send code or give specifics if necessary, but I was hoping that there was a simple solution that I was overlo...

Reading pane general question
I'm using Outlook 2007 (under Vista Home premium) and very recently I noticed that many (if not all) of the folders under my InBox, and I have a lot, were configured with the Reading Pane abled. I do not use that feature and the change surprised me. I could see how I might have accidentally clicked that option for one folder but not folders that I rarely use. I went back and manually disabled the Reading Pane from those folders (75+ folders, in various groups, grouped under the InBox). Any thoughts on how this could have happened? I'm more curious than annoyed. Any thoughts?...

Tax formula tests for multiple filing statuses and income amounts
A formula tests for three ranges of income levels for five filing statuses; depending upon the results, the taxpayer will receive a tax deduction for $4,000, $2,000, or $0 (i.e., no deduction) The table of ranges of income, filing statuses, and deduction ceilings are as follows: Legend: M-FJ (Married filing jointly) M-FS (Married filing separately) S (Single) HOH (Head of Household) QW (Qualifying Widower) M-FJ S/HOH/QW Deduction amount $130,000 $65,000 $4,000 $160,000 $80,000 $2,000 $160,001 $80,001 $0 The table omits M-FS, since there is no allowable deduction...

Formula that will recongize text
I have a spreadsheet with one page for my report and another page that holds my data that is updated on a regular basis so I automated it. The problem is my formula only recognizes numbers and the data contains numbers and text. I use sumif because there is not any repeated data. Here is my formula: =SUMIF('Morning Star '!$A$1:$A$25,$N$3,'Morning Star '!B$1:B$26) > =SUMIF('Morning Star '!$A$1:$A$25,$N$3,'Morning Star '!B$1:B$26) > The problem is my formula only recognizes numbers and the data contains > numbers and text. You can't SUM tex...

Superimposed but not "stacked" bar graph
Hi there, I need to make a bar chart that superimposes a series of values on top of one another (e.g. multiple bars all plotted on top of each other and beginning at the same place upon the x-axis). Obviously this would require that Excel plots them from smallest value/bar in front and largest in back, or as transparent, or simply shows the ending lines for each value. Otherwise only the largest value would be seen. This idea is similar to the stacked bar graphs, except the values would not sum on top of each other, and the bar would only be as big as the largest value w/n the series....

Text Format for %
i have a fairly easy question that i can't find help for online or hitting F1. I'm looking to use the TEXT formula to format a % and a $ amount so that if its negative, it shows up with parantheses. Currently, my formula looks like this, and it gives me a negative sign for negative numbers instead of the parantheses. =TEXT(B38,"$#,#")&" / "&TEXT(B49,"0.0%") Can someone point me in the right direction for this one? Ideally it would be great if someone had a link to all the different ways we can format TEXT! Thanks in advance for your help! Adam ...

Text box input based on a combo box selection
I have an inventory input form that has a combo box from which the user selects the shift for which the inventory is being taken. On this form I also have a sub form from which separate data is gathered from the user, but the shift information is also needed. The form and subform are bound to separate tables. I am using a subform to gather the additional information to a separate table because the results are used in a separate calculation. I only want the user to select the shift information once. How can I populate the "shift" text box on the subform with the same information ...

Connector status is unavailable in status Container
Hello I have exch2003 with SP1 with four routing groups, routing group are connected through routing groups connector, routing group are connecte in hub topology style, now from two routing group mail is not going to hub routing group, if we see the queue of thses routing group server mails are under unreachable queue, but if we restart the server the mail are going to hub routing group but then again stuck in the queue. I have check phyical connectivity, nobody has modified anything on network configuration, by IP, by name and by FQDN I can ping from hub routing group and the group ...

Hidden text in a document
Can anyone please tell me how to make text hidden in a document and it should appear the same if the file is viewed on another computer wich is on network. "Hidden text" is a font format, just like bold or italic. You can select any text, go to the Font dialog, and check the box for Hidden; or you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+H. If you want to see the hidden text temporarily, you can click the � button and the text will appear with a dotted underline. There is no way you can guarantee that someone on another computer cannot see text you've marked as ...