Error while setting up environment for the application (NTVDM.exe)

Hi,

My company has an application which is built with VC++
7.0 ; While the application is running, some perl scripts
are invoked by "CreateProcess" SDK API when some menu
commands are executed.

A client who is running our application on Windows XP
Professional OS is encountering a problem while the
application is running. The exact error message (title: 16
bit MS-DOS Subsystem) is
"C:\Windows\system32\ntvdm.exe
Error while setting up environment for the application.
Choose 'Close' to terminate the application".

The message box offers choices in the form of two
buttons "Close", "Ignore". If "Ignore" is chosen, then
sometime later application throws a runtime access
violation and closes.

I did some reading on what is "ntvdm.exe" which helps in
running 16-bit applications. (NT Virtual DOS Machine). I
also came to know that ntvdm has a different style of
reading PATH variable which sometimes causes problems. A
possible solution to our client's problem is described at
us;169171
But the solution did not help.

Could anyone suggest a possible solution if you have ever
encountered this before ?

I didn't know a better place to post this question since I
work in Visual C++ 7.0. If you feel like any other
newsgroup would be in a better position to help out,
please suggest the same.

Thanks
~Venkat

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

How do I set up annual "tick" marks on the horizontal axis?
I am trying to format the tick marks on the horizontal axis as years, e.g., 2000, 2001, 2002 etc. This should be easy but none of the "canned" formats let me do this. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi, The number format would be YYYY assuming your source for the axis are date values. If the scale is a Time series scale you can also set the Major value to 1 and unit of Years. If you need more help can you provide information on xl version, chart type, axis type, data source for axis. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Clicked a .prf. file and woosh
Help! I accidentally clicked on a file with a .prf extension (some utility that keeps it preferences stored in such a file). To my surprise this not only started Outlook but also triggered some Outlook installation dialog. When I clicked that away I ended up with a completely new and empty Outlook! At first I was flabberghasted, since ALL my mails, my calendar entries, contacts, etc. EVERYTHING seemed gone! When I just doublechecked I saw, that this thing apparently created a new Outlook1.pst file which seems to be used as the new default. It seems that my old file "Outlook.pst&q...

Re: Money 2004

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Hi Can anyone tell me how to set up another user on outlook?
Hi Can anyone tell me how to set up another user on outlook i.e. one for my wife and one for me? Version of Outlook, and if Outlook 98/2000, what mode? Easiest method = is to use separate Windows logons. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, MIKE asked: | Hi Can anyone tell me how to set up another user on outlook i.e. one | for my wife and one for me? ...

Error in closing Outlook

How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel docu.
How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel document like it does in Word? File > PageSetup > Header/Footer > Custom Header and then click the filename button -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200737 "jwittrock" wrote: > How do I set up make the filename appear at the top of Excel document like it > does in Word? Do you mean appear on the blue title bar next to Microsoft Excel like Microsoft Excel - filename.xls That is the default behaviour for Excel workbooks. What are you seeing or not seeing? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Aug 20...

Typing message error

application directory
How do I get the path to the directory that my application is in without just hard coding it. Roger > How do I get the path to the directory that my application is in without > just hard coding it. You can use GetModuleFileName() for that, passing NULL as the hModule parameter. That gives you the EXE's full path name, and you can extract the path. -- Guido Stercken-Sorrenti MVP - Visual Developer / Visual C++ Guido Stercken-Sorrenti [MVP VC++] wrote: >>How do I get the path to the directory that my application is in without >>just hard coding it. > > ...

set row height upon opening excel
I would like to have the row height set to "20" upon opening or creating a new workbook. You can change the default setting for the column, why not for the height of a row. If there is a way to write a macro that will execute when that workbook is open I would be interested in that also. Thanks If you go to your Personal.xls, and paste this code in the "ThisWorkbook" page, it will automatically set the row height to 20. You may need to add this to the new sheet activate as well. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Cells.Select Selection.RowHeight = 20 End Sub &qu...

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...