Error compiling MFC code with 2003 toolkit

Couldn't find this question answered elsewhere, so here it comes:

Installed .NET (2002) and then the 2003 C++ command line toolkit so that I'm
compiling with the latest.  Used the App wizard to start a new (dialog-based)
MFC app.  Hit compile and I get this error (followed by pages of others):

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
..NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsimpstr.h(195) : warning C4346:
'ATL::ChTraitsBase<BaseType>::XCHAR' : dependent name is not a type
        prefix with 'typename' to indicate a type
        c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
..NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsimpstr.h(750) : see reference to class template
instantiation 'ATL::CSimpleStringT<BaseType>' being compiled

NOTICE that if I revert back to using the compiler that came with .NET, no
problems.

Is there a workaround for this?  Some magic tweak somewhere?

In advance, thanks!
0
Osborn (5)
12/6/2004 8:15:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is not going to work. You will not be able to use ATL/MFC from VS2002
with 2003 toolkit. You have to install VS2003.
Thanks,
--
Nikola Dudar
Visual C++ Team

"Scott Osborn" <Scott Osborn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Couldn't find this question answered elsewhere, so here it comes:
>
> Installed .NET (2002) and then the 2003 C++ command line toolkit so that
> I'm
> compiling with the latest.  Used the App wizard to start a new
> (dialog-based)
> MFC app.  Hit compile and I get this error (followed by pages of others):
>
> c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> .NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsimpstr.h(195) : warning C4346:
> 'ATL::ChTraitsBase<BaseType>::XCHAR' : dependent name is not a type
>        prefix with 'typename' to indicate a type
>        c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> .NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atlsimpstr.h(750) : see reference to class
> template
> instantiation 'ATL::CSimpleStringT<BaseType>' being compiled
>
> NOTICE that if I revert back to using the compiler that came with .NET, no
> problems.
>
> Is there a workaround for this?  Some magic tweak somewhere?
>
> In advance, thanks!

0
nikolad (6)
12/11/2004 12:58:18 AM

> This is not going to work. You will not be able to use ATL/MFC from VS2002
> with 2003 toolkit. You have to install VS2003.
Was afraid of that.  Thanks!

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

Change organisation name in Exchange 2003
Hi, We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation name. We can not use XMERGE as we need to keep the rights on the folders. So we need the new 2003 to join the 5.5 organisation: we can not create a new organisation and migrate the mailboxes. Is there a way, once the migration is over, to change the organisation name in Exchange 2003 ? Thks, Alex On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 00:11:35 +0100, "Alex" <alex@alex.alex> wrote: >Hi, > >We are migrating our XCH 5.5 to XCH 2003. We need to change the organisation >name. We can not use XMERGE as we n...

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

Outlook 2003 Personal Folders
I just installed Outlook 2003 and I seem to have two Personal Folders in my folders list. But, they both point to the same place and have the same data when I click on them. How do I remove the duplicate? Jeff -- Jeff Grossman (jeff@stikman.com) R click the one that is not your default, then select Close from the context menu. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message news:im1jsvsn93v4to7kjlkctmqhjc25om151b@news.stikman.com... > I just installed Outlook 2003 and I seem to have two Personal Folders > in my folders list...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

CRM v3 / Win Server 2003
We have CRM v3 on Windows Server 2000. We're experiencing some pretty bad performance and email problems. Emails frequently don't send, windows hang for minutes upon saving changes, we had a permissions error (resulting in emails not sending at all from the web client) solved by changing the app server's SMTP settings, email attachments lose their extension and appear corrupt to the recipient, and we're continually rebooting IIS on the app server to temporarily help alleviate the performance issue. We also upgraded the amount of memory on the app server to 2GB. While tha...

Re: Money 2004

exchange 2003 defragmentation
We are just doing normal defragmentation routine (Remote). After we had done it on restart. The Window server restart OK, but we fail to start all Exchange services. Could someone help Many thanks K. On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:51:02 -0800, Ken To <Ken To@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are just doing normal defragmentation routine (Remote). After we had done >it on restart. The Window server restart OK, but we fail to start all >Exchange services. What is a normal defragmentation? Errors in the event logs? > >Could someone help > >Many thanks > &...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Registy keys for PST's in outlook 2003
does anyone know what registry keys or values are used by outlook 2003 to refrence existing pst's? We re trying to remove existing PST's from user's outlook profiles and I can't identify a key or value used only for pst's.. thanks Jim Mills ...

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

2003 Unprotected becomes 2007 Protected
A co-worker has a regular 2003 word file that is not protected on her computer. When she emails it to me and I open it in 2007 it is protected and I cannot work with it. Any suggestions? Be sure to save the document to the hard drive before you try to edit it. Also, note that you may have to do the following: Right-click the icon for the document. On the context menu, click Properties. Click the Unblock button (if you see one). For more, see this article: Description of how the Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service Pack 2 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883260/en-us ...