eps file in GUI

Hi ,
 Can I use EPS file in a GUI developed in VC .NET? I mean i have eps
file containing logo and want  that to be shown in GUI. Is it possible
to use eps file or I need image file only?

- David.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's going to be easier if you can convert it something like a .jpg .gif or
..bmp.  You could probably figure out a way to display a logo from an EPS,
but it is going to be way more trouble than the corresponding BMP.  You
should be able to convert with any kind of graphics editor (Photoshop, JASC,
PhotoImpact, etc.)

Tom

"David" <know_devig@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> Hi ,
> Can I use EPS file in a GUI developed in VC .NET? I mean i have eps
> file containing logo and want  that to be shown in GUI. Is it possible
> to use eps file or I need image file only?
>
> - David.

0
tserface (3860)

Opening a a a file handle as a file pointer
Hi all I have a file handle. I want to open it as a FILE stream so that I can use higher level operators like cin/cout and fprintf/fscanf. Can someone suggest me a solution? Obviously the process startup code converts the file descriptor is receives from parent for stdin,stdout and stderr. So there should be a function to do it. regards, Sudhakar "sudhakarg79" <sudhakarg79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECF7527B-A036-48EF-B2FB-CA8985330D3E@microsoft.com... > > Hi all > > I have a file handle. I want to open it as a FILE stream so...

reference memory error when printing excel file
When I try to print any kind of excel file I am getting an error message ststing 0x77f853b reference memory error 0x001de4b8 memory could not be read.. This is new to me, I have used excell for a long time and haven't run into this problem until now.... Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening?...... I am running XP and Excel 2000 ...

Using CHM Help File instead of HLP Help File
Hi All, I am using MFC VC++ 6. The "Help Topic" is generated by VC++. It allows to use HLP file. I have CHM help created available. I want to use CHM Help File instead if HLP Help File. How can I do that? I see some commands generate by VC++: ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP_FINDER, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder) ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelp) ON_COMMAND(ID_CONTEXT_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnContextHelp) ON_COMMAND(ID_DEFAULT_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder) It seems like nothing I can do with OnHelpFinder, OnHelp, OnContextHelp. And I have to do somthing like ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP_FINDER, CMy...

Embedded Excel file gridlines printing #2
I have an embedded Excel file in word and when I go to print, it i printing with the gridlines. In excel I have the gridlines turned of and it is still not working. HELP! Thank -- tanyhar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tanyhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55105 Open the Excel file in the Word document and turn off the gridlines. I it's still a problem, open the Excel file in the Word document an change the gridline colo...

GP and CRM servers
I am currently running three different servers. One server (Windows server 2003) is running Dynamics GP 10. This server also acts as my terminal services license server. Access to this server is via remote desktop and server access is via “Users and groups” settings (not Active Directory). My second server (Windows server 2003) is running CRM 4.0 and active directory. My third server (Windows Server 2008) will eventually be a SharePoint (MOSS 2007) server. I am in an academic environment and my three servers are running on top of VMware 2.5 ESX on IBM Blade hardware. I have no ...

Upgrade Path from EPS 2003 to EPS 2010
would like to know at a high level how this is done - automated - how do we get our project database into into the 2010 tables. ? Thanks, Jackie I did a quick search and found: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662496(office.14).aspx which will be a good starting point. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "ljsexton" <ljsexton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68EF70D-2395-4174-B565-38ADD7736074@microsoft.com......

Opening XLS file from Explorer or Shortcut
On one of our company's PC, attempting to open an Excel file from Windows Explorer or from a shortcut doesn't work; it only works from the File-Open menu in Excel. Is there a setting in Excel that is preventing this? We are using Excel 2002. Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. Peter Marshall at OCC wrot...

Dual Boot File Sharing
::I have a dual boot system::: ::Windows 7 & Vista:: ::I create lots of Word documents using Vista.:: ::But I can�t seem to find them when I boot up on Windows 7.:: ::How can I access the Word documents from Windows 7 ??:: -- grasshoppr On 04/30/2010 02:45 PM, grasshoppr wrote: > ::I have a dual boot system::: > ::Windows 7& Vista:: > > ::I create lots of Word documents using Vista.:: > ::But I can�t seem to find them when I boot up on Windows 7.:: > ::How can I access the Word documents from Windows 7 ??:: > > They are simply in t...

How to open Publisher 95 file with Publisher 98
My school uses Publisher 95 and I want to work on my project at home where I use Publisher 98 which will not open the Publisher 95 file. Any advise on how to fix this? Thanks! -- AlexB On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:44:47 +0100, Alex Brisbane wrote (in article <C7CA6FF8-4CB1-4EFB-8B5A-382EFF5B6B69@microsoft.com>): > My school uses Publisher 95 and I want to work on my project at home where I > use Publisher 98 which will not open the Publisher 95 file. Any advise on > how to fix this? > Thanks! > 1) I despair of today's youth, I really do! 'Advice' is the n...

.PST file won't open, "is not a personal folders file" error
My problem is the same as the one in this forum http://forums.thatcomputerguy.us/lofiversion/index.php/t7672.html I've got XP Pro with Office 2000. I was moving data around new hard drives (onto a new 250GB one) when in the middle of copying, the hard drive died - it will not power on (won't even get warm when plugged in). I was able to recover a fairly recent one using a program called r-studio (http://www.r-studio.com/) from another drive which used to hold that file. My .pst file is slightly over 1GB in size. When opening this .pst or importing a .pst file, it says: "Proper...

Help! File locked for editing. #2
Thank you for your quick response. We tried both things, but haven' had any luck finding the problem. Any other suggestions -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27468 Unfortunately I don't have see the original posting, but if the file is in use and the file is saved on a local machine, reboot the computer. If that doesn't work and using Windows XP, see http://support.microsoft.com...

?Logging future files that do not yet exist
I've been trying to make a log file with multiple entries that needs to update whenever new files are added into a folder. I think I can use =IF(ISERROR(path, file and cel ref not yet created),,path, file and cel ref not yet created) to make the future reference work. However, the log will have over 1000 entries to nowhere and may require lotsa "cancelling" to finally get it set up and/or opened, not to mention the time to enter/edit/replace all the formulas. Do I need course in VB? This needs to do more than simply list the filenames within a folder; it also needs to refe...

Opening a publisher file on a network
I'm working on a three computer network at a local small buinsess. When I create a publisher file on Computer One, I am unable to open the file on the other two. A message box comes up and says that the file is locked beacuse it is already in use in another program, even though there is no other programs running. What am I missing here? Thanks for the help. Try doing a copy to your hard drive and then open it. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Batwatcher64" <Batwatcher64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6387080B-39D1-4849-A8FA-46595C98A24A@microsoft.com... &...

Custom Fileds
How do you add a drop down list (custom field) to the activities for an account and Is it possible to remove some of the buttons on the side under Sales like quotes, invoices, etc...? Robert, You add custom fields through the deployment manager. Once you have selected the table you want to add a field and choosen Add Schema Field, you will be presented with what kind of field you want to create. Among your choices is a picklist. -Jason "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0909FBA0-B107-48D2-AB3C-BA46FF131EF4@microsoft.com... > How do you ...

EPS files
As suggested by many I have created EPS files with Tiff preview at Level 3 Ascii from PDFs. However even with the preview, the files appear blank in Publisher. I know they are there becuase when I distill back to PDF all are fine. Is there something in Publisher 2003 that I need to enable to see the files? Thanks Frank wrote: > As suggested by many I have created EPS files with Tiff preview at Level 3 > Ascii from PDFs. However even with the preview, the files appear blank in > Publisher. I know they are there becuase when I distill back to PDF all are > fine. Is there som...

Restoring Backup file
Here's the confusing story. I just reformatted and reinstalled windows on my PC. I reinstalled Money and attempted to restore a (multiple) backup files. I keep receiving an invalid password on each attempt when I am sume of my password. Then it hit me that it may be a version conflict? I reinstalled Money 2004 (the only media I have). It is possible (probable) I upgraded to a newer version of money but no longer have the media (on-line download). Could this be the reason for my issue? If so, any suggestions? Thanks a million . . . . In a word: Yes. You would not be the firs...

Browser links to xlsx files result in File Not Found
I know there must be a simple answer to this, but I have searched and had no luck. A link from either of my browsers (IE7 and Firefox 3.08) will open Excel and the file with extension xls, but will not open an Excel 2007 file with extension xlsx. I believe the same think occurs with Word 2007. Is it something in my browser setup? The message I get is "The page cannot be found"... HTTP Error 404 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, I have same problem, I installed the latest drivers: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF9...

How do I convert a Publisher file so that it can be emailed?
What can I do to make a file I've created emailable? File is too large, dont have winzip, and it doesn't appear a Publisher file can be converted to a pdf. Patty, If you are using Publisher 2007 Microsoft has available an add-on pdf creating application. If you are using a version of Publisher earlier than 2007, or would like to be able to create pdf files of any and all other programs, a fee pdf creating program, primopdf version 4.1 is available at www.primopdf.com -- Don - PDF-XChange Pro�/PDF-XChange Viewer Pro� Vancouver, USA "Patty" <Patty@discussions.m...

Why does Word 2007 hyperlink to Acrobat 5 PDF open [Embedded File.
1. What I want to do: For classes, I create study outlines in Word 2007, inserting hyperlinks to readings that I have saved on my notebook as Adobe Acrobat 5 PDFs. I do that because I sometimes need to refer to the readings quickly, as in class or during my reviews for exams. As I read, I sometimes highlight passages, insert bookmarks, or make notes. When I am finished reading, I want to be able to save those changes to the original linked PDF. 2. What actually happens: When I click on the hyperlink I have inserted in my outline, the target PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat 5,...

bug!!!! vc++6 deletes files!!!!!!
when i use vc++6, it happens that vc deletes my class files(heder files or soruce files)! it's horrible becouse i must reconstruct the deleted code. is there any patch for this bug?? winnicki "Winnicki" <rsobies(at)wp.pl> wrote in message news:O8qoCg$vEHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > when i use vc++6, it happens that vc deletes my class files(heder files or > soruce files)! it's horrible becouse i must reconstruct the deleted code. is > there any patch for this bug?? > I can assure you that if all installations of VC++6 worked this way it would have di...

excel file deleted. Now howdo you delete file NAME
I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files. You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME you can configure to show 0 files or open n files until disapear the deleted file. "NANMAC" wrote: > I deleted an excel file I had typed. Now I can't figure out how to delete > the file name. It still shows up when you click on open to see the files. > You can still open this but there is nothing there. Need to delete FILE NAME ...

illegal character in xml file
Hi, I have an XML file that was created as a DOM tree in .Net 1.1 and serialized to disk. If I try to put character code 1 inside one of the attributes (don't ask why), it seems to serialize perfectly ok and I get a file that looks like this: <element attribute="&#1;" /> which looks perfectly valid but won't open up with an XML viewer because it says it is an illegal character reference. what am I missing here? surely it's legal to put any character reference in an XML file as long as it's correctly encoded? and if it's not, how come the framew...

file opened at startup
Hello, Is there a way, perhaps in the shortcut for the program, to specify what = file Money 2006 opens on startup? I would like to make it always to be = the same rather than the last file opened. --=20 Respectfully, Bob Brannon On May 23, 9:04 am, "BBran" <b...@notell.net> wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way, perhaps in the shortcut for the program, to specify what file Money 2006 opens on startup? I would like to make it always to be the same rather than the last file opened. > -- > > Respectfully, > Bob Brannon You can essentially do this by mak...

In what file.....
...Outlook stores all emails and address book? thanks jazu wrote: > ..Outlook stores all emails and address book? > thanks *.pst unless you are connected to Exchange POP3/IMAP users will use a file with a *.PST file extension. "jazu" <nospam> wrote in message news:10pe2kve9n85582@corp.supernews.com... > ..Outlook stores all emails and address book? > thanks > > > ...

CRM 1.2 attachments
Hi there, in MS CRM 1.2 there is a limit of the path/file name length, when you want to upload an attachment. You can only upload an attachment with path/file name length of maximum 185 characters. Is there a way to avoid this limit? Thanks for your replies, Florian ...