encrypting a password!

Hi All,

Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using
vc++1.52?

Is it possible to call a com object from vc++ 1.52? If so, how can I do
it? Is there a link you can point me to?

Thanks.

0
dbcuser (53)
8/31/2005 8:25:05 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

VC++ 1.52????

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
    Isaac Asimov
<dbcuser@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using
> vc++1.52?
>
> Is it possible to call a com object from vc++ 1.52? If so, how can I do
> it? Is there a link you can point me to?
>
> Thanks.

0
markyr1 (230)
8/31/2005 8:59:02 PM
Yes, Please don't ask me why?

0
dbcuser (53)
8/31/2005 9:02:56 PM
I just did a search on Google for Encryption VC++ and got a bunch of hits,
except that they were all for vc++ 6.0

AliR.

<dbcuser@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using
> vc++1.52?
>
> Is it possible to call a com object from vc++ 1.52? If so, how can I do
> it? Is there a link you can point me to?
>
> Thanks.

0
AliR3470 (3235)
8/31/2005 9:08:56 PM
Yes sir, I did the same before posting the question to the exprts
:(

0
dbcuser (53)
8/31/2005 9:12:35 PM
On 31 Aug 2005 13:25:05 -0700, dbcuser@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using
>vc++1.52?
>
>Is it possible to call a com object from vc++ 1.52? If so, how can I do
>it? Is there a link you can point me to?
>
>Thanks.

Considering you are using a compiler for 16 bit code that runs under
DOS, it would seem rather unlikely that you would be able to call a
com object.  You will have to do it yourself.

Im interested.

Why?

--

> Yes, Please don't ask me why?

0
markyr1 (230)
9/1/2005 2:07:01 AM
the easy part:
generate a stream of random characters based on a secret key, then use that
stream to XOR the password on a character-character basis.

the hard part:
generating a stream of cryptographically strong random characters.

the really really hard part:
keeping the secret key REALLY a secret.

Get a good book on generating crypto-strong random number streams - Applied
Cryptography by Schneier describes a LFSR (linear feedback shift register)
along with the count and location of the tap points.   If you want a really
weak but easy to implement random number generator, use one of the linear
congruential methods (see Knuth V2 for an example of such)  - with the seed
just the numeric sum of the character values of the secret key.

regards
Roy Fine

<dbcuser@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using
> vc++1.52?
>
> Is it possible to call a com object from vc++ 1.52? If so, how can I do
> it? Is there a link you can point me to?
>
> Thanks.

0
rlfine2314 (19)
9/1/2005 2:47:14 AM
Thanks a lot for the help.

0
dbcuser (53)
9/1/2005 2:39:31 PM
Thanks a lot for the help.

0
dbcuser (53)
9/1/2005 2:39:36 PM
the source code for aes & many many other enc. algs are freely available.
go for the source & solve the compilation problems........................
which should not be too bad if you pick the right source as they are very
often coded for ansi & cross platform & simplicity.

<dbcuser@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using
> vc++1.52?
>
> Is it possible to call a com object from vc++ 1.52? If so, how can I do
> it? Is there a link you can point me to?
>
> Thanks.

0
me8291 (67)

Unprotect Sheet Password Lost
One of my users has inadvertently protected a worksheet (i.e. doesn't know how he did it) while the AutoFilter was on. He has no idea what the password may be. Is there any way to override this? Since the data was filtered, it can't even be copied and pasted in to a new sheet. Thanks for any help. Thanks, this was just what we needed! DJ "J.E. McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-53D5AE.09074202092003@msnews.microsoft.com... > Check out > > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html > > In article <#hH#MMW...

Password Protect #2
Greetings!!! Is it possible like Outlook express to protect opening of Outlook with password. In OE..its a good thing of indentities which can prevent mis-use...is it possible in Outlook too? Awaiting for kind help. regds, Saurabh. "Saurabh" <saurabhvasa@engineer.com> wrote in message news:e4e301c3f069$6c6a3d40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Greetings!!! > > Is it possible like Outlook express to protect opening of > Outlook with password. > > In OE..its a good thing of indentities which can prevent > mis-use...is it possible in Outlook too? > > Awaitin...

Password Protection
I have an Excel spreadsheet created by a former employee and password protected. I cannot find out the password. Is there a way to disable the password? Try this: http://google.com/groups?threadm=%231eavps2CHA.2544%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl It contains a macro posted by Norman Harker and J.E. McGimpsey that removes both workbook protection and worksheet protection (tools|protection, not passwords to open). And if you want the password to open, Norman has also posted this: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=OZ54U6X4CHA.2464%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl Mike O'Callaghan wrote: > > I...

Email encryption
I need an email encryption program that allows recipients to open the email with password. When email closes it will encrypt again. This is to prevent anyone walking by the computer from being able to open the email thanks for any help On 3/2/2010 2:45 PM, smltec wrote: > I need an email encryption program that allows recipients to open the email > with password. When email closes it will encrypt again. This is to prevent > anyone walking by the computer from being able to open the email > > thanks for any help Encryption has to be implemented at both ends. ...

Forgot my PST File Password
Hello: I have Outlook 2003 and I put the password on my PST file, but now I can't remember it. Is there any way I can recover the password? Thanks in advance, Spuddy Spudy wrote: > Hello: > > I have Outlook 2003 and I put the password on my PST file, but now I > can't remember it. Is there any way I can recover the password? > > Thanks in advance, > Spuddy Google is your friend - many PST password-crackers out there.... Gordon <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > Google is your friend - many PST password-crackers out there.... But none I've s...

Formula Encryption
Please can you let me know if you can encrypt a formula in excel? Thank you. Ra, You can put your formula into a function and lock down the code. -- Regards, Eddie http://www.HelpExcel.com "Ra" wrote: > Please can you let me know if you can encrypt a formula in excel? > > Thank you. ...

asks for a password in a database converted from access 97 to access XP
I have converted access 97 database to access XP database and I have an application whose frontend is visual basic 6 and backend is access XP and I have a crystal report when ever i try to print or view using crystal report it asks me for a password for the database.The database doesnt have a password though.I donno why it asks for a password and .I will be grateful to you guyz if you give me some solution to get rid of this problem. Thanks and regards Prakash ...

Unable to change email password
Hello: Here is my problem, I tried to change my email password by choosing Outlook login screen "Change Password" button, but received an error message "Your Windows password could not be changed, Please check the information and try again.". I have upgraded our Exchange system from 2000 to 2003 SP1 about six months ago, and never had that problem while at Exchange 2000, here is our setup - 1. Client - Outlook 2002 SP3 2. Server - Exchange 2003 server (Windows 2003 SP1) and Active Directory server (Still on Windows 2000 SP4). 3. We have Novell servers, so each works...

turn off encryption
can not send emails, have ran encryption and cant get it off Can you explain the problem with a bit more detail? Include the outlook version, type of account (pop/imap/exchange) exactly what you did and what happens when you try to send mail - include any error messages you get. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQ...

password store
Accessing an Exchange server from a foreign domain brings up a dialog for user / password and the possibility to to store it. While this worked so far I don't get the data stored anymore. So you have to put it in again every time you start Outlook. Any idea to fix this problem? Putting it directly into the registry? Thanks, Georg Have you tried posting this to an Exchange news group? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head ...

Opening Windows Encrypted Documents with Mac Office 08
Hi, I'm a new Mac user and was wondering - if I had locked a document with Windows Vista (it has the file extension .ueaf) do you know how I would be able to open it using Mac Office 2008? I can't find an 'unlock' or 'decrypt' option in the menu. Thanks! On 2/28/08 7:20 PM, in article ee8f21f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "capucina67@officeformac.com" <capucina67@officeformac.com> wrote: > Hi, > I'm a new Mac user and was wondering - if I had locked a document with Windows > Vista (it has the file extension .ueaf) do you know how I would be ...

Allow save password, or use local, for RPC over HTTP(s)
Hi, I'm trying to get my exchange 2003/outlook to work for remote users without them having to retype their passwords every time they access their mail. Is there a way to permit this? I tried setting a client to NTLM authentication, but that didn't work well - he was able to read local mail, but not update from the server. Cheers! I'm not sure that is possible. A VPN would solve your problem, it would allow a standard RPC connection for Outlook. Nue "Lars" <Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D154F82-9577-439C-A5AD-306096CBC487@microsoft...

somewhat unrelated issue : encrypted email alert
Hello I have a user who tried to send the Winzip executable via email and since the day he sent it symantec AV (corporate ed, version 9) sends this email out daily: Symantec AVF detected that you sent a message with an encrypted attachment Subject of the message: None Recipient of the message: user@domain.com (not the real email address, changed just to avoid all the spam bots) Encrypted attachment: winzip63.exe Would anyone know how to resolve this, for it keeps sending this email daily, but there is nothing in the user's outbox? If someone can clarify the issue that would be g...

userid/password rejected.
Suddenly, Outlook rejects my userid and/or password when attempting to send or receive mail. My mail server is a POP3 Yahoo account. The login work ok when accessing directly from the Yahoo home page. Also, my POP Netscape client is able to access my mail. I'm sure some sort of virus crept in when downloading mail, but I don't know how to recover. ...

Encryption
I have a query on encrption. DES means encrytion, so is DES a standard method, or just the term for encryption? And what is the difference between DES and DES3? Thanks. hi DES is one of the algorithms for encryption. There are a number of algorithms/methods for encryption, DES happens to be one of them. Some of the others are RSA, AES etc. hth gangadhar Tomy wrote: > I have a query on encrption. DES means encrytion, so is > DES a standard method, or just the term for encryption? > And what is the difference between DES and DES3? > > Thanks. > Thanks for your ...

outlook express password
why cant i get outlook express to remember my email account password. I click the "rememer password" checkbox in the options and enter my password, but the password disappears and the checkbox stays checked. Make sure you've installed the service pack update. That usually corrects this known issue. "Adam Schwoerer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b2f01c3a099$16dd53f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > why cant i get outlook express to remember my email > account password. I click the "rememer password" > checkbox in the o...

Password protect Excel and Word FOLDERS (not just files)
I want to be able to protect an entire folder at once, rather than password protecting every individual file Hedges This cannot be done through Excel or Word alone. If running a Windows NT based OS like Windows XP you can use "permissions" to lock folders. See Start>Help on "permissions". Be careful when setting permissions. You can lock yourself out of your computer if not done correctly. Otherwise a third-party utility can be used. Search the 'net for one of these. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:11:13 -0800, Hedges Chandler <Hedges Ch...

Password is not saved by Outlook
Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password under account properties. I check the 'save password' box and enter the password, but it does not get saved. To my knowledge, I have no application running that disables autocompletion of passwords. I recently switched over form Outlook Express 2000 where I was having no such problems. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated. Thanks. Dave wrote: > Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password > under account properties. I check the 'save password' box > and enter the password, but it does...

Using Password-protected files for a report
I have many user files (timesheets) and a report file (payroll report) that uses these timesheets as links. The timesheets are password-protected. I need the report to be able to be updated without opening all the files. Is this possible? Thanks! ...

Encryption?
Dear NG: Any thoughts on encrypting the .mny file? Is it safe? Is it preferred? Kevin You don't say how you have in mind doing this. Something like PGPdisk or WinXP Encrypting File System should work fine and relatively transparently. Is it safe? That depends on the quality of the tool and your ability to remember the passphrase. Is it preferred? To what? I think many more people lose their Money data to lack of backups, corruption problems, inopportune reformats/reinstalls, etc., than lose privacy of their data to computer security problems and to people trying to exploit these pro...

Prompted for password when running a report
Running CRm 3.0 on a single SBS 2003 box. Everything seems to work great except we get prompted for windows credentials when running a report. I verified the reports and reportserver website are using integrated authentication. The webserver is in the local intranet zone. Any ideas? Thanks Dave Dave, I'd first try adding the server as a 'trusted site' in IE, and under 'custom level' set User Authentication.Logon to "Automatic logon with current username and password". Hope that helps, Jeff Bennett CRM Practice Manager Solutions Consulting Group, Inc....

Excel File Portection/Password
I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Drew the file should open in Excel 2000 without a problem (after entering the password of course). What kind of error do you get? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Drew wrote: > I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need > to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it > won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Frank, It says the password is wrong. Thi...

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...

password problem
We've been using Money 2002 for some time with no problems. Today I decide to protect the file by assiging a password. Now I can't access Money. I click on it and nothing happens. No prompt...nothing. Help! I'd appreciate any tips you can give me. In microsoft.public.money, kl wrote: >We've been using Money 2002 for some time with no >problems. Today I decide to protect the file by assiging >a password. Now I can't access Money. I click on it and >nothing happens. No prompt...nothing. Help! I'd >appreciate any tips you can give me. Keep extra c...

Userid & password not remembered (Exchange 5.5)
Not sure where this problem resides, so I'm posting to multiple groups . I manage a W2K AD domain. We have several workstations that do a local logon (with the same userid and password as their domain login). They have Office 2003 installed. Outlook is set up to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server. When a user launches Outlook for the first time, they have to set it up and define the mail account. This works as expected for everyone. The problem we have is that for a small number of users they get prompted for their domain userid and password every time they launch Outlook. This is d...