encoding wmv file

hello

    I have a sample application developed in MFC dialog
based project using directx sdk 9. the sample captures
video from a webcam and saves it to a wmv file

now i have to put that video  into streaming server.
i beleive that i will have to encode the wmv file using
some codecs to put it  into streaming server. i want to do
the capturing and encoding simultaneously.
below is a portion of  my code to capture video

// capture video
        pBuilder->RenderStream(&PIN_CATEGORY_CAPTURE,  //
Pin category

&MEDIATYPE_Video,       // Media type
			    pSrcVideo,             //
Capture filter
			    NULL,                  //
Compression filter (optional)
			    ppf	                   //
Multiplexer or renderer filter
						);

if  i specify a compression filter (i don't know how to do
this)  as the 4th parameter to RenderStream,  will it
convert the wmv file to a format suited to be put into
streaming server.
or will i have to use windows encoder sdk 9 to encode the
wmv file to be put into streaming server

regards
       priya

0
priya (41)
9/15/2003 1:15:39 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Installation Error: File not Found
I am trying to Detect and Repair a synchronization problem with my Palm Centro and Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Outlook. I am receiving the following: "A required installation file SKU011.CAB could not be found" I browse to the original Installation Source as required and select the actual file itself, and receive the following error message: " Error 25091. Setup failed to change the source." with options of retry and cancel beneath. I have attempted this numerous times, and to no avail. Can you help??? Courtesy of Mary Sauer MS MVP <...

Outlook 2003 Group Policy and encoding settings
I am trying to deploy the following Outlook 2003 settings via group policy: Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled. But when I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Enabled", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" is ignored and on the client side is applied as Disabled, although I have set it to Enabled. When I configure "Encoding for outgoing messages - Not Configured", the setting "Auto-select encoding for outgoing messages" works as expected. Is this some kind of a ...

Large file in Publisher 2007
I am creating a 'leavers book' for my child at school and so far it is 830Mb and due to get bigger as it contains loads of pictures/photos. Publisher periodically hangs not responding, but eventually comes back and i am concerned that this will get worse as it gets bigger. I have noticed from the resource monitor a no of hard page faults (less since upgraded PC) and heavy disc activity. Also will I have problems converting to PDF and printing. I have a new PC (last w/e) with Pentium Dual core, running at 2.9Ghz, with 4Gb Ram, Virtual mem=8Gb and page file space 4Gb. Ru...

File Attributes Function
Hello, Jacob Skaria recently provided the very helpful function pasted below. I have a follow-up question, can the function also include a way to get other attributes such as: Datecreated, DateLastModified, and DateLastAccessed? Sub Macro() MsgBox GetLatestFileName("c:\test") MsgBox GetLatestFileName("c:\test", "ba*.txt") End Sub Function GetLatestFileName(strFolder As String, Optional strFilter As String) Dim strFile As String, varDT As Variant strFile = Dir(strFolder & "\" & strFilter, vbNormal) Do While strFile <&...

excel file is locked #2
Hi, I have an excel file that is used by multiple users. The file resides on a share folder on a server that is published in DFS. All of a sudden when a user tries to open the file it says that the file is locked. I rebooted all the pcs that access this file including the server the file sits on. I still get the file is locked. any ideas? Thanks Hi Chris! 24 hours and no reply so I'll hazard a guess. Most often with standalone computers this erroneous lock is caused by crashing out of Excel leaving *.tmp files around that makes Excel think that the file is still open. So you might...

Shared Excel file
Hi, I Want to know, how fourth or more persons could have a permission t read write and modified excel file together. The excel file found on the server Thanks, Michae -- Michael ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Michaelt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1555 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27122 tools>share workbook>editing>allow changes "Michaelt" <Michaelt.1ehhi0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Michaelt.1ehhi0@excelforum-nospam....

.CSV Files
My csv file is delimited by commas and text is delimited by ". My file considers carriage returns and next line characters enclosed in " as text. I am facing a problem when trying to open this file in excel. The excel doesn't care that next line character enclosed by " and thinks it is the end of a record. Is there a way to excel that anything inside " should be treated as text? Thanks in advance After playing around with this, it apears Excel uses a linefeed (0x0A) within quotes to denote a newline within text in the same cell. So a csv file like: "Thi...

opening a .pst file
I recently had to reformat my hard drive. I had everything backed up but now can't open outlook.pst. I keep being told that I do not have permission to open this file ( I have reset my user name etc to what it was before). Is there any way of 'breaking into' this file - I desperately need the information contained in it. did u back it up to CD? If so, dont try and open it from the cd, copy it to your hard drive and remove the read only attribute from the file. you will the be able to open it Cheers, Tommy "Brendon Burns" <brendon.burns@talk21.com> wrote in m...

unprotect a write protected file
I can not save a file to a cd because it tells me that it is a write protected file. I did not write protect the cd file and don't know how it got write protected I need to unwrite protect the file. How can I do this. Thanks Suzzyq suzzy First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media directly. Just looking for file corruption. Save to HDD then copy to the CD. Same when opening. Copy to HDD then open. The read only bit....... All depends upon how the files get "burned" to the CD. With regular Windows burning, they will always be read-only. ...

Delete Office Files
I'm trying to clean out my saved files from Office 2002. There are several files from Word and Excel that I cannot delete, move, rename or open. If I try to open the file I get an "access is denied" message. "The file may be read only or encrypted." If I try to delete the file I get a "cannot delete - access is denied" message. "The disk may be full, write-protected, or the file may be in use in another program." Most of these files were created by someone else and sent to me as attachments to email messages. How can I permanently...

Edit Outlook2002 nk2 (autocomplete) file
Hello, Anyone knows how to edit outlook2002 nk2 (autocomplete) file? Tkanks a lot! DC select the item with the arrow keys and press Del. is the only way to edit it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "DC" <dcc7...

copy doument names from a file into excel
I'm trying to copy 171 document names only into an excel spread sheet so that I can then talk about the status of each document I don't seem to be able to copy this information and then paste it into excel I've tried Ctrl shift ctrl C ctrl V and nothing happens I've tried the Copy function from the drop down menu but the paste option doesn't appear in excel Have you tried pasting them into a blank word document and then ctrl v ing the text from the word document into excel? that might work, other than that i'm not sure how. -- Jim "Lizndc&quo...

E-mail encode
Hi, I found a strange e-mail, it is sent from our SQL2000 Report Serivce. This email is write in Chinese. When this email arrive my inbox, it shows in wrong code. When I forward it to someone, it shows in right code. Can anybody help me? Thanks! Tony ...

PC .doc file crashes word (Snow leopard)

Batch File in a SQL job
Does anyone know how to set up a batch file in a SQL job to log in to GP and have a macro run overnight ? We can get the macro to work outside the SQL job, but can not get the macro to run in the Enterprise Manager job. I've never tried using a SQL Job for that but Windows Scheduler works great. Can you use that instead of SQL to schedule the .bat file? MichaelJ has one good approach. I am wondering exactly what you are trying to accomplish as there are a couple of approaches. Why SQL? If MichaelJs approach does not do what you need. please give us some more details. I have...

am unable to open my .mny file
i'm getting a 5101 error. that it can't locate the file i clicked on (no, i am NOT kidding), or that the file is read only. it's not. and i certainly have permission, so double check. the backups produce the same error. what really stifles my pea-sized brain is that this is happening on the same file in 3 different locations on 3 different files (all having the same name - don't ask it's complicated, but it works for me). anyway, needless to say, support is lacking severely in this area. i can understand 2005 isn't supported any more, but hey, think of it t...

Publisher 2000
XP Pro OS. when user logs on and runs publisher 2000 the publisher wizard catalog displays with error. cannot find wizard - rerun setup. If logged on as network admin it works fine. Gave user admin rights, reinstalled software using user logon, same result.(and it still worked using domain admin logon!)Anyone suggestions? Tim, What happens if you create a new profile with admin rights? Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >XP Pro OS. when user logs on and runs publisher 2000 the >publisher wizard catalog displays wit...

vsd file damaged
Hi at all, i worked with Visio 2002 on two files (vsd files). At a certain moment the power suplly was down and my computer was down too. After i execution again Visio 2002 and i tried to re-open my two files but Visio said me: "An error (100) occurred during the action Open Saved File." "Visio cannot open the file because it's not a visio file." I already to follow the istruction on: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305168 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826418/ but without result. i have also downloaded and execute the q278261.exe (also if f...

Encoding issues?
Sender on the Internet sends someone within my Exchange 2003 organization an email and all of the periods ( . ) have been replaced with "=2E". I would say it's just a minor nuisance but it is making the emails hard to read for the recipient. Every period is being replaced with the characters =2E, even the ones in the email address in the header information. I've had the sender change their mail format to Plain Text but haven't heard back from them yet. Any ideas as to what is causing this or how to correct it? Thanks. No ideas without more information about wha...

serialize from excel file
I am working on getting an excel file into Great Plains through econnect. I need an example on how to serialize an excel file. If anyone has any code which will show me how to serialize an excel file, I will appreciate if you can post. Jack (jacktundra@hotmail.com) ...

Windows File Protection and Registering a Non-System File
Hi All, I apologize if this is a bit off topic. The group generally has high acivity with authors who can discuss higher level protocols... I'd like to register some files with Windows File Protection. I know if one authors a driver, Microsoft will sign it and it will enjoy protection (some hand waving here). The reason I'd like to do it is to stop malicious tampering (binary patching from the Reverse Engineers). Is this possible? I don't see how to auto enroll if not signed by Microsoft. Reference http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/s...

IE7 specific Problem: files with missing file extension
Hi, i have the following problem and hope that you can help: Eine Internet Explorer 7 Installation verbietet mir ein Ausf�hren von Dokumenten oder Dateien OHNE Dateiendung �ber Netzwerkfreigaben. Die Ausf�hrung wird blockiert. Auch ein Eintragen der Netzwerkrechner in die beglaubigte Zone des Internet Explorer 7 hat nicht geholfen. Vorher, unter Internet Explorer 6, war die Ausf�hrung kein Problem. Hintergrund: Von einem Terminalserver aus werden mittels Batchdateien mehrere Prozesse �ber Netzwerkrechner hinweg gestartet, unter anderem Dateien OHNE Dateiendung. Proble...

Spreadsheet saved to a file
How do you re-open/print a spreadsheet saved to a file? I can easily save it, but I then need to be able to print it. All help gratefully accepted!!!!! File>Open File>Print -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Dave May" <dmay@wnycs.com> wrote in message news:0f4401c36665$f4bd69d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you re-open/print a spreadsheet saved to a file? I > can easily save it, but I then need to be able to print it. > > All help gratefully accepted!!!!! ...

Saving XmlDocument with Danish Encoding????
Hi, I'm trying to update a vbproj xml file programatically, but when I try to open the updated vbproj file in Vs.Net, all entries ("Files") with danish chars are wrong. How do I force the XmlDocument.Save to encode to Danish chars ('ISO-8859-1')? Thanks in advance. M O J O Hi MOJO, First of all, I would like to confirm my understanding of your issue. From your description, I understand that you need to save the xml document to a file which is encoded with ISO-8859-1 format. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know. We can see that ...

Converting Publisher Files to Acrobat
Is it possible to convert a Publisher file (2-page newsletter -- mostly text) to Acrobat? How do I do this? THANKS. Please respond directly to my email -- LSPosey@pdq.net You will need a third party program to do it. Here's my canned response. You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 years ago and did some trials on freeware, shareware and commercial programs (excluding Adobe Acrobat). The winner for me was/is the commercial ...