Embedding a CRichEditView in a CDialogBar

Anyone ever done this successfully before.
I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and
VC2003.
Program compiles and links okay, program exits when it fails to create the
dialog bar.

Regards,
Josh

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think you need to call AfxInitRichEdit/AfxInitRichEdit2.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Josh Washington" <joshwashington@bigpond.com> wrote in message
| Anyone ever done this successfully before.
| I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and
| VC2003.
| Program compiles and links okay, program exits when it fails to create the
| dialog bar.
|
| Regards,
| Josh

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/10/2004 4:56:10 AM
Hello

call AfxInitRichEdit() function in Initdialog. and include #include <afxrich.h> header file

With Regards
R.Selva

CRichEditView View area
I have an SDI, doc/view application and I want to change the right view at some point to a CRichEditView. Where in the CRichEditView, on creation, would I set up the scrollable area for that view if it is possible to change it? -- Just Al I am not really sure what you are talking about, but you can have different right and left views if you use a CSplitterWnd and if you are using a splitter window then the splitter is a function of the frame window and not the view, so the view changing would have to happen in the frame code somewhere. There are some examples of how to change a view i...

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

embedded manifest
How can modify the embedded manifet for MFC Standard DLL and MFC Application to set: <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker|highestAvailable|requireAdministrator" uiAccess="true|false"/> Hi Don ...

Why is it that the photos I insert are Embedded?
I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my photo. Now when I perform the same action I can resize my photo but but I cannot see it!? The Graphics Manager Task pane show all my inserts (photos & clip art alike) are embedded. I do not want them embedded. How can I stop them from being embedded?....I don't know why this is happening, it never used to...could some update have caused this? I use Publisher 3003. THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER! Teresa K wrote: > I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my ...

Embedding a CRichEditView in a CDialogBar
Anyone ever done this successfully before. I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and VC2003. Program compiles and links okay, program exits when it fails to create the dialog bar. Regards, Josh I think you need to call AfxInitRichEdit/AfxInitRichEdit2. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Josh Washington" <joshwashington@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:c8ZVb.49861$Wa.16696@news-server.bigpond.net.au... | Anyone ever done this successfully before. | I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and | V...

Embeded Links
I have embedded links in some files, but there are no names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to other workbooks. Does anyone have a method of deleting these 'ghost' links. Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0beb01c46e83$c3cc8c30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have embedded links in some files, but there are no > names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to...

Embedding
Why wont Times New Roman embed when I send publisher file to Distiller even tho it tells me the it is embedded when I check on the tools, commericial printing tools, fonts. Phillipa Bloom <pbloom@blooms.demon.co.uk> was very recently heard to utter: > Why wont Times New Roman embed when I send publisher file to Distiller > even tho it tells me the it is embedded when I check on the tools, > commericial printing tools, fonts. Tools > Commercial Print Tools > Fonts tells you whether a font is embedded in the Publisher document. To adjust the embedding settings for Distil...

How do I size an embedded Excel OLE and keep it that way in Word
I copy and paste special an Excel worksheet with multiple tabs into word on a sheet. I size the Excel sheet while it is open in Excel and then double click outside it to close it. Everything looks good. I do this on three consecutive sheets. When I go back to one of them and double click to make a change in the Excel sheet it opens way larger than it was and causes it to advance onto another sheet. I have to resize it but they just don't stay sized when re-opening. How do I fix this? When you paste special - try choosing the bitmap object and check the link box. You ca...

Embedding
I'm using word 2007. I have a word document that I need to embed another word document in to. Is this possible? Thanks, Burt Click Insert tab | Object. In the Object dialog box, click the Create from File tab. Use the Browse button to locate the file that you want to embed. Select the file and then click the Insert button. In the Object dialog box, if you want to link the inserted file, be sure to select "Link to file" before clicking OK. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "Burt" <Burt@discussions.mi...

Embedding and Printing Excel into Word
I have a need to print an Excel file in landscape (multiple pages) but have a header/footer along the 8.5" edge of the page. I've been doing this in a two step process. First I would create and print the header/footer in Word in portrait layout, print in reverse order, load printer sheets into the printer feed tray and then print the Excel file in landscape between the header/footer. Not only does this take aditional time but the toner has a tendacy of smudging on some of the printed pages. Does anyone have an idea on a better method? ...

Object Linking & embedding error
An .xls attachment give the 'cannot use object linking & embedding error' The file fails to open and appears on screen for just a second. Any ideas! where the problem is! Sunil I' ve run into the same error, and am to the point that its time to throw this piece out the window. Has a solution for this problem been found? OS. win 2000 pro. PG. Office 2000 error. cannot open object linking and enbedding. I had the same error on another PC and was able to re-install the pg. and it stopped. Go figure.... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted...

Embedded SP
I have a stored procedure (SQL 2008) that contains a single transaction. Can I have an EXEC of a SP inside the transaction and still maintain the integrity? For example BEGIN TRAN T1; INSERT .... UPDATE ... EXEC mc_mysp ... INSERT ... UPDATE ... COMMIT TRAN T1; Thanks. -- David On Aug 14, 8:40=A0am, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote: > I have a stored procedure (SQL 2008) that contains a single transaction. = Can > I have an EXEC of a SP inside the transaction and still maintain the > integrity? =A0For example > > BEGIN TRAN T1; > ...

embedding and displaying an image in CSV created spreadsheet?
We have a process on our server which creates a CSV that gets e-mailed to a recipient who then opens it in MS Excel. We're using PHP to write the CSV, but that's not important. Is there some way to put into the CSV some instruction that will cause Excel to display the image in the open spreadsheet? Of course there're all kinds of ways of inserting and embedding images in a spreadsheet using Excel from the get-go...but every method I try, I save as a CSV and open in notepad, and the package or embedding code isn't there. The closest I've come is putting a hyperlink to an ...

EMBEDDING
How do I embed a word doc into another word doc? Thanks See the response(s) in your previous, identical thread. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "Burt" <Burt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FAACBC-6395-41FC-A7ED-CF263CF7BFEA@microsoft.com... > How do I embed a word doc into another word doc? Thanks ...

Embedding an e-mail address in Word document.
I have a fill-in type form made using Word 2007 that I want to add a button to send the completed form to an e-mail address. Can anyone help me? Insert a Hyperlink to the e-mail address e.g. { HYPERLINK mailto:yourname%40yourISP.com?subject=Returned%20Form } %40 = @ %20 = 'space' with a suitable display text e.g. "CTRL+Click Here to return the form" -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http:...

XP Embedded (XPE)
If this isn't the right group to post to, please point me in the right direction! Can anyone recommend a software antivirus application for Windows XP Embedded (XPE)? I really need to find something that's specifically for XPE. That is, not something for regular XP "but should run ok on XPE too." Thoughts? Suggestions? All help is appreciated. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&&sa=X&ei=jzFQTOioL5KonQeF7tCPBw&ved=0CBEQBSgA&q=Windows+XP+Embedded+antivirus&spell=1 and http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=Windows+XP+Embedded+anti-vir...

data turned into embedded picture
I somehow turned my data in a worksheet into a picture or embedded object that I cannot edit the cells. want to retrieve my data that has become a picture object ?? ...

Embedding Active document on a dialog frame
Hi Greetings to all I need to do following 1) To show a word document on dialog box. 2) MAke this dialog as an active X control. Please help Thank you ...

Embedded Fonts
I have some worksheets that were created from an earlier version of Excel. They have an embedded font called Arial Baltic. My current version on Office 2003/XP does not have this font in it's list of installed fonts. How can obtain the Arial Baltic font for installation ? Is there some way to capture it from an older worksheet? I don't think that that font was actually embedded in an excel workbook (excel doesn't work the same way MSWord does). But maybe you could borrow the font from the old pc and install it on the new pc. I did a simple search in Google and it looked like...

Embedded photos
Is it possible to copy photos embedded in Emails. I have tried going through the source code but can find a picture file -- David G Jones ------------------------------------------------------------------------ David G Jones's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/182294.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-mail/1302567.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

I cannot view embedded graphics
An embedded JPG graphic does not display in document. However, the graphics manager shows me an accurate thumbnail. Is there some setting I can adjust? Other loads of Publisher on different computers open the file correctly so file integrity is not an issue. Brand new install of Pub 2003 on WinXP 1GB RAM 3.8 MHz (so plenty of PC power available). Any help appreciated. LynnH View, Pictures, detailed display? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LynnH" <LynnH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Object linking and embedding error #2
Hi there, I have a user who is having problems opening a spreadsheet. Everytime he goes to open it, an error comes up: 'Cannot use object linking and embedding' It also mentions something about VBA libraries (14). Has anyone got any ideas what could cause this? Best Regards Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) ...

Visio 2002: Save as Web Page & Link to PowerPoint vs. embedding PP dilemma
I have a dilemma. I have a multi-page flow chart in Visio 2002. Within the flow chart I link to several PowerPoint(PP) files that give details on steps within the flow chart. Problem: When I save as a webpage and then click on one of the links to a PP it works fine. But when I return to the flow chart, it always returns to the first page of my flow chart. Thus, I lose my place in the flow. I guess it has something to do with frames and returning to the frame I was on. ...a little over my head. Attempted Solution and the problem with it: So, I began pasting all of the PPs in the Vi...

Form embedded in a email
Hi there I am new to coding and I am getting very confused. I tried looking up the codes for emailing a form to a small group of people and don't know when I should be changing what is in the code. The form is to be embedded in the email rather than sent as an attachment. Can someone tell me the coding for this, and put in-- different font style or colour where I would have to change the names to what matches in my database. Another thing I need to know is with the coding-- does it go to outlook and look up the email addresses there or do I create a table with email address ...