Edit box without borders

Hi,

I like to change an editbox's style (No border) so I used :

m_edit.ModifyStyle(WS_BORDER, 0);

but nothing changed!

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try the following

        m_edit.ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,0,SWP_DRAWFRAME);

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I like to change an editbox's style (No border) so I used :
>
> m_edit.ModifyStyle(WS_BORDER, 0);
>
> but nothing changed!
>
> Any suggestions on this?
>
> Thanks

0
CheckAbdoul
10/1/2004 7:05:43 PM
Good job!!! It works great

Thanks a lot

"CheckAbdoul" <checkabdoul at mvps dot org> wrote in message
> Try the following
>
>         m_edit.ModifyStyleEx(WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,0,SWP_DRAWFRAME);
>
> --
> Cheers
> Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
> -----------------------------------
>
> "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I like to change an editbox's style (No border) so I used :
> >
> > m_edit.ModifyStyle(WS_BORDER, 0);
> >
> > but nothing changed!
> >
> > Any suggestions on this?
> >
> > Thanks

WMP 11 won't play CD's without making a chopping sound...
Hello, On a new install of XP SP3 I added WMP 11. When I try to play any CD I can hear the audio in the background but a loud chopping type noise over rides it. I have never added any codecs of any kind, it's my understanding you get the correct ones with the player. I have 2 DVD drives and the result is the same in either drive. However Winamp will play the same CD just fine. Thoughts anyone? Thank you, Accomac WMP-specific newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player Accomac wrote: > Hello, > > On a new install...

Mail folders are disappearing without being deleted.
Folders from both "Favorites" and "All Mail Folders" are disappearing and cannot be found anywhere. They are not being deleted. There one day, gone the next, along with all of the emails contained therein. Running Outlook 2003, SP3. Does anyone have a fix? My IT department thinks I am doing something wrong! Do they recover automatically as well? Which mail account type are you using? If Exchange, do they still show in Outlook Web Access (OWA)? If so, it sounds like your ost-file holds a corruption. Rename it to .old when Outlook is closed and have Outloo...

How to remove that box/description of the receipt at the top
Hi there, When I print my receipts in RMS i get this box that says "sales receipt" under my store name/header. I'm not a big fan of this. I was wondering if I can change it to say only ONE THING "Recu Officiel" with no ugly box around it. Please let me know - thanks. Hi Nith - if you're using the receipt.xml template for your receipts, open it with Notepad and navigate to this section <!-- ============================= SUB: PrintTransactionType ============================= --> <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> <T...

Problem related to Dialog Box in a Regular Dll?
Hi All I have created a Regular Dll that statically links with MFC. I want to have a dialog box as a part of my dll. So i insertted a dialog box & created its coressponding classes namely : CDllDialog.h & CDllDialog.cpp. Then i created 2 more .h & .cpp classes namely MyExportClass.h & MyExportClass.cpp The code for the class is as follows: class __declspec(dllexport)MyExportClass { public: BOOL Show_Image_In_ImageViewer(char* cImgFileName, DWORD dwSectorNo, DWORD dwImageSize); }; #include "stdafx.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream.h> #in...

Text box "print object" becomes unchecked within a Chart
First of all, I'm not sure if I should post this question in "Charts" or "General" or another topic, but I have a workbook that has been around for a few years. It used to print fine; now text boxes w/in charts are no longer printing. The solution is going into eachText Box properties and checking "Print Object". (Unfortuantely, there are many textboxes . . . I have a question posted under programming on how to create a macro to fix this problem.) Thank you for any thoughts . . . ...

addresses in send to box
when I create a new email I click on the To box for the person I am sending the message. In this box all of my contacts have several addresses that keep building up. How do I delete duplicate addresses in this folder. Open the Contacts folder (c:\Users\yourlogin\Contacts) and delete the duplicates. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "HNZ57" <HNZ57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1E56CF4-3C33-4522-821B-AD324FEA015B@microsoft.com... > when I create a new email I click on the To box for th...

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

Adding a control line to excel chart without showing up in the leg
How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, or data table? Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. -- thanks tweaver On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, TWeaver <TWeaver@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I add a control line, (such as average, ucl, lcl), to an excel bar or >line chart and not have the control line series show up in the chart legend, >or data table? Single-click twice on the legend entry for the control line, and ...

? Both Help Box AND Minimize Box in Title Bar of MFC Dialog App
Hi, I assume that this question has been asked before but since I can't find it anywhere... How can you put both a question-mark context-sensitive help button AND a Minimize/Maximize Box in the title bar of a Dialog mode MFC app? Thanks -- Alec asoroudi@synetech.cjb.net ...

Failure to start without CD
I use Publisher 2000 on a Windows 2000 Pro system. It has worked well for a couple of years, as does the rest of the office suite. Now, however, on starting Publisher it triggers the Windows Installer and need the CD (SR-2) for a few seconds only beforre its starts normally. Any ideas why? John You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should cure your ills. Windows Installer cleaner Cd2Cleaner htt...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Change number in Text Box in Excel
Need to change the number in Text Box in Excel. For example; (Text Box 209). I want to change that number to (Text Box 1). In fact I would like to sequence the Text Box numbers form 1 to 160. Can you help? You can name a textbox (created with the drawing toolbar) the same way you can name a cell. Just select it, then do what's demonstrated here: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/named_ranges_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Jerry Dyben" <Jerry Dyben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E555C29-787F-4DAF-8B61-1533...

Define XAxis Min/Max with named value without VBA
Hello, With Excel 2003 I Like to enforce XAxis Minimum and Maximum by a data from a cell (or from a Named Cell). It's exists some solution with VBA, but i don't like use it, is there any other way ? As i knows some solution to have Auto-adjust series in Graphs, i imagine it's possible ! Thanks Gilles P. (FR) Hi Gilles, It would be nice to link to a cell or something like that but that feature is not available unless you use VBA which it sound you don't want to use. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Gilles P (FR)" <GillesPFR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Headers starting on page without using section breaks
Is it possible to have headers starting on page 3 without using section breaks? The document is within a program (SIMS .net) where section breaks can cause tags not to work. You can use a conditional field in the header eg. {IF {Page} > 2 "Put your header here"} -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<&g...

Nedd help with the simplest thing with the check box
I'm trying to do the simplest thing (and have wanted to for years) with a check box - stick it -in- a cell just so I can check or uncheck it. Of course, it will be even better if I can get the rest of the worksheet to read a 1/0 or true/false from this box; but I'm using office 2000 and it says nothing useful. I pull the box out of the form toolbar, but it's a floating object like a chart. And that's all the reference I can find in Officer 2000. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. -- Zubbus ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Z...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

print box has changed in Publisher, how do get the other one back
I had the regular print box that came up in Publisher, the one with more information and you can show the picture of what is printing. It went away and I can not get it back. The print box that displays now is the normal one that shows up on everything else. What version Publisher? Are you asking about the mini-preview in the Print dialogue? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:971570E4-882A-422E-B662-9E4552640197@microsoft.com... >I had the regular print box that came up in Publisher, the one with mor...

Bug with Combo Box?
Hi, I have noticed that either on a web page or a desktop application form, Combo box always appear at the top of each control either you change the z index or not. Is that a bug with Combo box or what? Is there any way to send the combo box behind some control (button, static) ? Thanks in advance. Fahad Ashfaque fahad_ashfaque@yahoo.com Change the Z order doesn't work? "Fahad Ashfaque" <fahad_ashfaque@yahoo.com> д����Ϣ���� :05dc01c39f4d$9294cf70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have noticed that either on a web page or a desktop > application for...