dynamically recreated file that can be deleted (.ncb)

do you know which files you can delete from your project when problems
occurs (Visual C++ exit abruptly)?  I know the .ncb can be deleted, is there
is other file that are dynamically recreated on opeing projects?

tons of thanks

Mathieu

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mathieu,

See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ dnvsgen/html/msdn_worksp.asp

File extensions under "Local Files to Keep Out of a Source Code Control
System"

--
Regards,
  Kobi Ben Tzvi

"Mathieu Fregeau" <mathieu.fregeau@polymtl.ca> wrote in message
> do you know which files you can delete from your project when problems
> occurs (Visual C++ exit abruptly)?  I know the .ncb can be deleted, is
there
> is other file that are dynamically recreated on opeing projects?
>
> tons of thanks
>
> Mathieu

0
tsumbush (69)
8/23/2003 4:10:56 PM
Fixed link:

"Kobi Ben Tzvi" <tsumbush@hotmail.comREMOVETHIS> wrote in message
> Mathieu,
>
> See:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ dnvsgen/html/msdn_worksp.asp
>
> File extensions under "Local Files to Keep Out of a Source Code Control
> System"
>
> --
> Regards,
>   Kobi Ben Tzvi
>

> "Mathieu Fregeau" <mathieu.fregeau@polymtl.ca> wrote in message
> > do you know which files you can delete from your project when problems
> > occurs (Visual C++ exit abruptly)?  I know the .ncb can be deleted, is
> there
> > is other file that are dynamically recreated on opeing projects?
> >
> > tons of thanks
> >
> > Mathieu

0
tsumbush (69)

How do delete Hidden Macros and excel links
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of an add-in that would delete hidden macros or excel links. I remember there being one but forgot where to download it for free. Thanks. Hi LT! To remove all code from a workbook: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm You need to look for the heading: "Deleting All VBA Code In A Project " To remove links you can use freely downloadable Addin FindLink from: Steve Bullen hosted: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel...

Compare text in 2 different files
I am using Excel 2003 and have two files containing mailing information. I need to check and see which companies are on both lists. I can't use a VLOOKUP formula because some of the company names are slightly different. e.g. One may have a LLC or Inc. at the end and the other doesn't. Is there a formula I can use to compare the first 4 or 5 letters in the company name between the two files? Thanks! Paige Assume you're 2 lists are in A1:A10 and B1:B10 (change to fit your data). Also change the 4 in the LEFT() function to be the number of characters you want to com...

file sharing
i have installed mcAfee on my pc. i run to computers and i cna no longer fileshare due to this progam. can you please tell me how to over come this thanks On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:29:27 GMT, "benenden" <u32658@uwe> wrote:>i have installed mcAfee on my pc. i run to computers and i cna no longer file>share due to this progam. can you please tell me how to over come this >thanksYou're asking in the wrong place. This newsgroup is for the database softwareMicrosoft Access, not for general computer questions.I'd address your question to McAfee tech support at www.mcafe...

Publisher 2002 locked file #2
I've a 12 user network running Publisher 2002 on Xp Pro PC's and a 2003 Server. When one user opens a document none of the others can open the same shared file on the network. It says that the file is locked because another program is using it. Can't find any reference to this message in the Knowledge Base or anywhere else. Don't have this problem with sharing Word or Excel files as these give the user the option to open the file read only, which is fine. Are there any reasons or restrictions in Publisher that may be causing this problem? As a work-around I can save th...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

How to revert back to the original file name in a hyperlink
I have an excel file with 2500 linked objects in it. All the linked objects are given with a name for eg. "SCAN". I want to change these names in the "test to display" column for all the cells in one go. Is it possible ? ...

how can i auto text in excel
-- how can i auto text in excel Sue I assume you mean that you want AutoComplete. Go to Tools, Options, Edit and select the box at the bottom: Enable AutoComplete for Cell Values. To set up things to replace (for example I have my version replacing my initials with my name), go to Tools, AutoCorrect Options and set things up in there. HTH David "Sue" wrote: > > -- how can i auto text in excel > Sue ...

online Excel file edit
Hello, I need to enable user to edit Excel file online and save changes for the file back to server(IIS60.0) directly, could you tell me how to do it? Thanks a lot. ...

Enabling DSP plugin in WMP12 fails to repeat playing a media file
I created a video dsp plugin by VS 2005 and MS SDK 6.1. It can be registered in WMP12 (windows 7) and working fine. However, when I click stop and click play to re-start playing a media file, WMP always returns with error "Can not process the request". If I set playback mode to "Repeat", WMP still fails to re-play the file. I doubted that there was some errors in my plugin codes but I created another video dsp plugin by the wizard and just built it without any modification, the result was the same. Please help me... thanks. For WMP,SDK,etc,go to http://msdn.mic...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Can i setup outlook local(.pst) on citrix diff from my LAN?
I work on different network than my company LAN.Today we access outlook through web access.But this doesn't give me option for local .PST saving. Is it possible to have local mailbox in this situation? If so what needs to be done? Thank You Rambabu Try asking the guys that support the Exchange server if they support RPC over HTTPS (aka Outlook Anywhere). If they say yes, then ask them if they would help you setup Outlook 2003/2007 on your machine. "Rambabu" <Rambabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C16257-E787-4B11-A238-C8E61590DD8...

Sales Literature file attachment size
I have sales literature files that are about 20 mb. I try to attach them, but after they appear to attach, I get a blank screen and when I try to access, they are not attached. Small attachments will work. Is there any way to increase allowable attachment size or could this be a problem with the installation? Installation is on SBS 2003. CRM 1.2 had a 5mb attachment limit but this could be increased...the registry entry should also work on crm 3.0. Here is the 1.2 registry setting..be aware though this will allow anyone to upload large attachments.. You can increase this default by...

Error:Your AutoCorrect file, C:\Users\........\AppData\Roaming\Mic
I upgraded from Vista home premium to Windows 7 home premium. I have Microsoft Office for small business 2007 installed which worked fine with Vista home premium. Since I upgraded the To: field in Outlook no longer populates. I have checked in Tools>Options>Email Options>Advanced Email Options>Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields. I made sure it is checked and restarted Outlook but the Auto Fill still is not working. I have unchecked, restarted Outlook, re-checked and it still doesn’t work. I have run Office Diagnostics and it comes up with no p...

outlook 2000 help file

Closing an excel file causes a .txt file to be generated
This seems to happen with only a few (10) files that have Macros. When you close out of a locally stored excel file (not saving it) a .txt file is generated. I have duplicated this on Excel 97 and 2002. All the .txt file contains is "updating menu". Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks, Jesse ...

How can I save one page of my publication as a JPEG file?
I would like to save the first page of a publication as a picture so I can post it to my website and create a hyperlink for people to download copies of the publication. I know I can do this as I have done it once. I just don't remember how and now can not recreate the steps. Any help would be appreciated. If you are using Pub 2003, you can File > Save As and in Save As Type choose JPG, GIF and other image formats. However, I think you would be better served if you convert the page to a PDF file. It is likely to look much better and be a faster download. You can go to www.pri...

I can't see pictures attached in my mail, I have to save than see
when I get a picture file as an attachment I cant see in in the message like in outlook express I looked in all the options couldn't find a way to do that I am using outlook now This is an excel news group. You will be more likely to get a response posting in microsoft.public.outlook.general Regards Rowan Hosam Khalaf wrote: > when I get a picture file as an attachment I cant see in in the message like > in outlook express > I looked in all the options couldn't find a way to do that > I am using outlook now ...

File->Open problem
Hi all, I've overridden Serialize() in order to save & load the models that my App creates. If I fire the App up and select File->Open then it throws a file dialog and opens the selected file. If I then create new model using my overridden OnFileNew() then it does as it should. But, if I go to File->Open then it throws a file dialog, lets me select a file and then does nothing. I clearly need to do something else, but am not sure what. Any ideas? Paul. Define "does nothing". For example, did you put a breakpoint in your Serialize() methods and see if they are ca...

mso9.dll files
I keep getting a message that my mso9.dll file is missing on my laptop. When I search for it, it appears where it is supposed to be (I verified it on my desktop). I am at a loss as to why it is happening. Every time that I click on my reminders (snooze or dismiss) I get the message; I also get it on sending emails. Message says "This application has failed to start because MSO9.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I just tried it on Data Management as well. I uninstalled Office XP and re- installed it. HELP! Jay, First, make sure yo...

Any free excel downloads so I can edit my files, not view only?
I can only view excel files, can't edit them. I'm unable to contact the person that originally saved the files that I need to edit. I recently had my computer reformatted and now I can't edit my excel files. I have microsoft office XP. I could only find a excel viewer on the site to download and that's not working for what I need. Please help me! My Best, Rita Hi Rita Office XP should, unless deselected in a silly custom install , contain Excel XP. Which is not only a very capable, but in most instances the most preferred, piece of software to edit Excel files. Plea...

Can't edit document
My wife and I both have Windows 7 and Office 2007. We each use it to make labels on occassions. We can no longer edit our label templates. The cursor always jumps to the beginning of a doc as soon as we try to move it elsewhere. Can't highlight, can't do a thing. Both docs are in in .docx. I've tried saving in other formats, as well. If I can't find a solution, I suppose I can create the label template again, but it seems a waste of time. I'd rather have a solution and a reason for this happening to both of us at the same time on two separate machines....

Recover deleted email
A user permanently deleted an email out of Outlook. The email can not be found anywhere. Is there any way to restore this email? Thanks, T. Korte If you have a backup of the exchange database prior to the message being deleted you can perform a single mailbox recovery. This will be different if you are on Exchange 2000 or 5.5 813337 - HOW TO: Recover or Restore a Single Mailbox in Exchange 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813337 Planning Tip: Considering Disaster Recovery in Your Deployment Plan for Exchange 2000 http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/tips/plantip01.asp Ex...

Import contacts into 2003 from an OutlookXP file
My system crashed and I had to reinstall everything, so I decided to use Office 2003. After starting up Outlook, I set it up so my old PST file from Outlook XP would be used. My contacts all seem to be there. But when I create an email, any name I type into the TO field are not recognized. When I click the TO button to get a list from which to select names, no names are available. How do I tell Outlook to use the names already in my contacts? -- Bill McCarthy bmccarthy69@hotmail.com Go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View or change existing directories or address books"...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...