dynamic splitter and default size

Hello
I wanted to set (for dynamic splitter) default size for the first row:

issue=s.Create(this,2,1,CSize(100,100),pContext);
s.SetRowInfo(0,50,10);

As i understeand the first row should be 50 pixels height,
but it is always 0. (i can see only next pane, i have to move the
splitter down to see the first one).
Why ?

Thanx

0
user681 (69)
1/12/2004 7:40:28 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

user,

For dynamic splitters, this seems to be the designed behaviour, that is,
only one pane is displayed and the user splits the view.

Reading through the MFC source, however, you'll find the split member
SplitRow which indeed seems to be a better candidate for the split. This
function, however, depends on everything - the view, the document - already
being created. To postpone this call, but still have the splitter split
during startup, you might want to post a message from the frame to itself.

To do this, register a window message at the top of MainFrm.cpp, thus (lines
to add ended with <---):

/
// CMainFrame
const UINT RM_STARTUP_SPLIT = ::RegisterWindowMessage( "some long and unique
string goes here" ); <---

Add a handler for the message, in MainFrm.h:

 //}}AFX_MSG
 DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP()
 afx_msg LRESULT OnStartupSplit( WPARAM, LPARAM ); <---

Add an entry into the message map so:

 //}}AFX_MSG_MAP
 ON_REGISTERED_MESSAGE( RM_STARTUP_SPLIT, OnStartupSplit ) <---

And the handler itself (all of it):

LRESULT CMainFrame::OnStartupSplit( WPARAM, LPARAM )
{
 m_wndSplitter.SplitRow( 50 );
 return 0;
}

Now, we want to get this function called after everything is finishen, which
we can do thus in CreateClient:

PostMessage( RM_STARTUP_SPLIT );

This will split the window into two rows, the first one being 50 pixels
high. Note that this value must be larger than the minimum size you declare
in Create for the splitter (or you can call SetRowInfo, which is -
however -redundant).

This will at least give you some base for experimentation!

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

<user@domain.invalid> a �crit dans le message de
> Hello
> I wanted to set (for dynamic splitter) default size for the first row:
>
> issue=s.Create(this,2,1,CSize(100,100),pContext);
> s.SetRowInfo(0,50,10);
>
> As i understeand the first row should be 50 pixels height,
> but it is always 0. (i can see only next pane, i have to move the
> splitter down to see the first one).
> Why ?
>

> Thanx

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Separating Recipients with semicolon by default
How can I set up outlook 2007 to automatically separate email address with a semicolon instead of a comma by default? Where are you looking? Is this from a message you are composing or did you receive it? Outlook uses the semicolon separator by default and optionally supports a comma as well. Also take a look at your list operator settings in your Regional Settings; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/274 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

Default Sort
How do I program Excel to Sort everything by the data in the 5th column automatically, by default Is that possible? or do I have to go in and sort it every time myself? Hi you may use the worksheet_change event to check if new data has been entered but I would recommend to sort manually -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Uly wrote: > How do I program Excel to Sort everything by the data in the 5th > column automatically, by default ? Is that possible? or do I have to > go in and sort it every time myself? Thank you Frank for responding! I will continue to do it manual...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Default MESSAGE CLASS for mailboxes
Hi there, Is it possible to change the default message-class that is attached to Outlook(2002) folders when a new mailbox is created? Specifically, I'd like any newly created mailbox (on our Exchange2000 server) to have IPM.Appointment.MyAppointment as the default message class for the Calendar folder (rather than IPM.Appointment). Alternatively - is it possible to change the default message class of the Calendar folder from VB? (the property seems to be Read-Only, even though it is editable via the user interface by picking the relevant form). Thanks! Uri. ...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...

Limits to file size for Excel 2000
Hi All Is there a limit size to a file that Excel 2000 can open and save as we have several clients that are having issues with a file that is over 300MB. Thanks Hi Von! Take a look at: Charles Williams: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

Dynamics GP 10 and Dynamics AX 4.0
just a half year ago, our company has started to work with Dynamics AX 4.0. Now i am doing some programming in X++ and almost customizing reports. Accidently, i stumpled on Dynamics GP 10.0 and i am wondering what s the difference between AX and GP? What stands GP for? Maybe GP is to replace AX, and our company backs to wrong horse? Does GP 10 contains AX 4.0? I have learnt lot of X++ programming, would it be possible to using X++ in the GT 10 field, too? Great Plains (GP) is another ERP system that Microsoft acquired a few years ago when it acquired the company of the same name. GP ...

Dynamic Range
Hi All, I have the following two dynamic ranges =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A),1) =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A),2) Note: there will be two ranges namecount & namelist The formula which would be using the above range is =IF(MAX(namecount)<ROW(1:1),"",VLOOKUP(ROW(1:1),namelist,2)) Big question!!!, can I join these ranges together in to one statement. if so than how ??? Thansks, Rashid Hi! If I follow what you want: Named range: List Refers to: =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1:$B$1,,,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A)) Then: =IF(MAX(INDEX(List,,1))<ROW(1:1),"",VLOOKUP(R...

dynamic menus
I want to be able to create a hierarchy of menus under the view menu. I don't know at design time how many items will be under each submenu. I have been able to access and add to the view menu itself. By I have not been able to add anything under that added menu. I know it shuold be a popup menu. but when I make it a popup, I get an assert when I try to open the view menu. Here's what I have so far (some experimentation still remains): m_pWndMenu = GetMenu(); //int count = m_pWndMenu->GetMenuItemCount(); //CString string; //m_pWndMenu->GetMenuString(2, string, MF_BY...

Dynamics Workflow windows in Dynamics
Hi there I have installed Dynamics Workflow for Dynamics version 10 successfully. I have created a simple Purchase Order workflow. I have clicked the Activate Workflow button in this company. However when the users capture a Purchase Order it does not have the additional workflow compnonents on the Purchase Order window e.g. Submit etc. I have logged out and back in again. What am I missing? Regards Robin The workflow functionality in GP 10 requires the deployment of MOSS 2007 (Enterprise Edition). Not a trivial thing. "Robinv" wrote: > Hi there > > I have ...

Problem with splitter in a MDI child frame
My application is similar to the CHKBOOK MFC application in which MDI child windows are used to show different views of the same document. I am using three document templates to show three views. The child frame class for each template is different. Two of the child frame classes (both derived from CMDIChildWnd) have 2 x 2 splitter in them. I have overridden OnCreateClient() for both these child frame classes and added code to create splitter and views. At the end of InitInstance(), I am calling OnFileNew() explicitly if the first command line argument is NULL. The problem is that I get asser...

Creating a dynamic chart
I posted here a few days ago and was given some ideas on how to do this. However, I seem lost. I have a main worksheet which is updated from several worksheets by using code. On this worksheet is approximately 15-20 columns something like this. trimester year RW RW% WIW WIW% etc 1st 2001 80 89% 79 75% 2nd 2001 90 89% 84 87% 3rd 2001 87 88% 92 89% 1st 2002 88 88% 90 88% etc etc What I would like to do is create one chart and by selecting the title of the column from either a combo box or by using a bu...

Dynamic Information in Templates
I would like to create a template with textboxes whose contents would be filled with the Personal Information of the user that is creating the document. If I use Insert->Personal Information in the template, the same text stays no matter who opens. Does anyone know how to make it change for each user? ...

how to tell what users are not using exchange default storage limi
Hi, Any way I can tell which Exchange mailboxes have been set to not use the Mailbox Store defaults for storage limits? Thanks Run a query against the following AD attribute "mDBUseDefaults" That is set to true for users who use the IS default and false for those users who have set limits. If any of the "mDBOverHardQuotaLimit", "mDBOverQuotaLimit" or mDBStorageQuota" attributes contain numbers (KB) then that's another indicator that they have manually configured limits. "markj" <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Changing default printer using VBA
I want to put a statement in my code that changes the default printer to what I need it to be. Please, what is that statement? Richard Mogy In Access 2002 or later, this is trivially easy. Just set the Printer object, e.g.: Set Printer = Printers(0) or Set Printer = Printers("Microsoft XPS Document Writer") To reset to the default Windows printer: Set Printer = Nothing For earlier versions it is more involved. See: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/printch2k.zip or: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/printch97.zip for Access ...

Default no shadow in page properties of Visio 2003
Hi All, With Visio 2003, you can select a shape and set a range of Shadow properties to be applied. In particular Style 01 - No Shadow. If I want all the shapes in the page to have No Shadow by default, I go to Page Properties but Style 01 is not visible - I can see Style 02 and subsequent variations. How do I opt not to have Shape Shadows as default? Thanks Ananda Try Format > Define Styles and change the fill attributes for the "Normal" style. Shadow attributes are under Fill settings. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "AnandaSim" <AnandaSim@gmai...

Default template for a group
I have read the MS Help & many of the posts here about default templates. Everytime I think I've found the missing link, I find that what I'm trying still doesn't work. I have a template file containing macros, custom styles & toolbars. I want to make this the default template for all the users in our Group. I have put it in a network folder & referenced the folder in "at startup, open all files in" at each computer. Some of the computers open it by default; others don't. What do I need to do? -- - markvi ...

dynamic charts
Hi: I have a series of monthly reports within excel. Each of those reports has a raw data tab. The raw data goes from left to right and each column represents an additional month. The rows represent different metrics that are tracked over time. How can I create my charts so that when I add an additional months worth of data (ex: adding a column to the raw data table) the charts dynamically update with a rolling 13 month trend? I have seen other examples where the raw data is setup differently and can't format my data that way. Specifically, people had the months in each row and the ...