dynamic resource

Hi,
Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly?   The bitmap
file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow
inserted into resource and displayed.
thanks

0
bulba (17)
7/6/2005 6:03:42 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a
..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far
the easiest way to achieve this.

----------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
7/6/2005 6:16:19 PM
I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap
on the fly. But resource file looks like is static.
I use ATL/MFC applicatation.

> What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a
> .bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far
> the easiest way to achieve this.
>
> ----------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
bulba (17)
7/6/2005 7:03:35 PM
There are bunch of examples at codeguru and codeproject showing how to
display a bitmap from a file. All you need is LoadBitmap/LoadImage and
use CStatic::SetBitmap to set it. GDI+ can be used as well. Search
those sites and the following link is useful as well:

http://www.functionx.com/visualc/applications/displaybitmap.htm

----------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
7/6/2005 7:56:48 PM
Thank a lot Ajay

> There are bunch of examples at codeguru and codeproject showing how to
> display a bitmap from a file. All you need is LoadBitmap/LoadImage and
> use CStatic::SetBitmap to set it. GDI+ can be used as well. Search
> those sites and the following link is useful as well:
>
> http://www.functionx.com/visualc/applications/displaybitmap.htm
>
> ----------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
bulba (17)

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

RBS value assigned to resources
I have created an RBS that contains only one functional manager. I will assign this RBS value to about 35 resources in the resource pool. Where do I associate this RBS with the functional manager who will be over these 35 resources. We only want him to see theses 35 resources and not any of the other 100 resources. You can set the FM to the same RBS value or create an RBS value one level above that one to assign the FM to. Then you need to work with your security categories to make sure that the FM is part of a security group that is associated to a category where the rules fo...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Lose of Resource Assignment on Task
I have a PM who has a plan that keeps losing the resource assignments for multiple work resources (both enterprise and generic) on tasks. Can you explain why this may be happening? Amy U -- No I certainly cannot explain this since I have never seen this behavior in any version of Microsoft Project. Perhaps you could share with us exactly what version of the software the PM is using, along with his/her current level of Service Packs and Cumulative Updates. Let us know and we will try to help. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...

Dynamics GP 10 and Dynamics AX 4.0
just a half year ago, our company has started to work with Dynamics AX 4.0. Now i am doing some programming in X++ and almost customizing reports. Accidently, i stumpled on Dynamics GP 10.0 and i am wondering what s the difference between AX and GP? What stands GP for? Maybe GP is to replace AX, and our company backs to wrong horse? Does GP 10 contains AX 4.0? I have learnt lot of X++ programming, would it be possible to using X++ in the GT 10 field, too? Great Plains (GP) is another ERP system that Microsoft acquired a few years ago when it acquired the company of the same name. GP ...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...

Dynamic Range
Hi All, I have the following two dynamic ranges =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A),1) =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A),2) Note: there will be two ranges namecount & namelist The formula which would be using the above range is =IF(MAX(namecount)<ROW(1:1),"",VLOOKUP(ROW(1:1),namelist,2)) Big question!!!, can I join these ranges together in to one statement. if so than how ??? Thansks, Rashid Hi! If I follow what you want: Named range: List Refers to: =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1:$B$1,,,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A)) Then: =IF(MAX(INDEX(List,,1))<ROW(1:1),"",VLOOKUP(R...

dynamic menus
I want to be able to create a hierarchy of menus under the view menu. I don't know at design time how many items will be under each submenu. I have been able to access and add to the view menu itself. By I have not been able to add anything under that added menu. I know it shuold be a popup menu. but when I make it a popup, I get an assert when I try to open the view menu. Here's what I have so far (some experimentation still remains): m_pWndMenu = GetMenu(); //int count = m_pWndMenu->GetMenuItemCount(); //CString string; //m_pWndMenu->GetMenuString(2, string, MF_BY...

MFC GDI Resource leak reintroduced in WinXP SP2?
G'day, I've been testing with WinXP sp2 and have noticed that the bug fix in in WinXP SP1 desribed to this article http://support. microsoft.com/?kbid=319740 seems to be undone. It relates to any MDI MFC application leaking 6 GDI resources everytime a child window is created, when XP theming is turned on. The culprit was UXTheme.dll. Win 2003 server with theming turned on also exhibits this leak. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks, Barnaby Just some further information on UXTheme.dll shipped in the various OS versions: FIXED: XP SP1 = 6.0.2800.116 Date Created: 16/10/2...

Dynamics Workflow windows in Dynamics
Hi there I have installed Dynamics Workflow for Dynamics version 10 successfully. I have created a simple Purchase Order workflow. I have clicked the Activate Workflow button in this company. However when the users capture a Purchase Order it does not have the additional workflow compnonents on the Purchase Order window e.g. Submit etc. I have logged out and back in again. What am I missing? Regards Robin The workflow functionality in GP 10 requires the deployment of MOSS 2007 (Enterprise Edition). Not a trivial thing. "Robinv" wrote: > Hi there > > I have ...

Creating a dynamic chart
I posted here a few days ago and was given some ideas on how to do this. However, I seem lost. I have a main worksheet which is updated from several worksheets by using code. On this worksheet is approximately 15-20 columns something like this. trimester year RW RW% WIW WIW% etc 1st 2001 80 89% 79 75% 2nd 2001 90 89% 84 87% 3rd 2001 87 88% 92 89% 1st 2002 88 88% 90 88% etc etc What I would like to do is create one chart and by selecting the title of the column from either a combo box or by using a bu...

insert ActiveX into MFC without resource file
Hi, I try to insert ActiveX to my program as following: class MyWnd:public CFrameWnd { public: MyWnd() { CString strControlProgid; strControlProgid="mscal.calendar.7"; m_Control.DestroyWindow(); RECT rc; ::GetClientRect(m_hWnd,&rc); BOOL bStat=FALSE; bStat=m_Control.CreateControl(strControlProgid, "", WS_VISIBLE, rc, this, 5000, NULL, FALSE, NULL); if (bStat == FALSE) { ::MessageBox (m_hWnd,&...

Dynamic Information in Templates
I would like to create a template with textboxes whose contents would be filled with the Personal Information of the user that is creating the document. If I use Insert->Personal Information in the template, the same text stays no matter who opens. Does anyone know how to make it change for each user? ...

PS7
I have a custom field in my Resource information. I want to see that field in a view in PWA Project Center - which would require it to be at Project level. Different resources will have a different values and so I will have to somehow summarize all of the custom fields. So, the question is: How do I get a custom Resource Field to show up in the Project Center View? Thanks. CQ -- No matter what you do, you cannot get a custom enterprise Resource field to show up in a Project Center view, as these views are available only to standard and custom enterprise Project fields. The...

dynamic charts
Hi: I have a series of monthly reports within excel. Each of those reports has a raw data tab. The raw data goes from left to right and each column represents an additional month. The rows represent different metrics that are tracked over time. How can I create my charts so that when I add an additional months worth of data (ex: adding a column to the raw data table) the charts dynamically update with a rolling 13 month trend? I have seen other examples where the raw data is setup differently and can't format my data that way. Specifically, people had the months in each row and the ...

CRM Dynamics Domain
I have in my posssion the following domain: www.crmdynamics.com I am ready to sell it. Make your best offer at : crmdynamics@gmail.com . I bid $0.01. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "CRM Chief" <CRMChief@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F150CC7-6A73-4B4B-BB76-3DA5B7282949@microsoft.com... I have in my posssion the following domain: www.crmdynamics.com I am ready to sell it. Make your best offer at : crmdynamics@gmail.com . ...

Installing Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities??
Hello Everyone Plz I need to know which are appropriate user privileges for install Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities? The Installation documention said "enter a system administrator user ID and Password", which are the appropriate privileges that a user account must to have in the SQL Server whether ? Thanks for advance :) Richard, If you are asking about SQL level security then GP utilities works on creating database objects directly into SQL, some of those objects require high level permissions; therefore the use must be “System Administrator”. You either use SA or any ot...

Connector with Dynamics Nav
Hello, We are currently running CRM 3.0 with plans to upgrade to 4.0 when available. We are also running Dynamics Nav 4.0SP3 with plans to upgrade to 5.0. We are wondering if there is a basic connector that will allow us to connect our two systems together. Mainly just allow the Order Card from CRM to push out and populate an Order Card in Navision. Also for Navision to push out and the product list(with up to date costing) to CRM. Summary CRM Orders to Navision Orders Navision Products to CRM Products. Thanks in advance for any help/direction. Last I heard there were plans to rel...

Dynamics Adapter CRM 4.0 and Great Plains 10.0
i have the adapter installed but how do i synch existing accounts from both systems. For example, i have Customer A in both CRM and Great Plains since we had CRM 3.0 and Great Plains 8.0 integrated before we upgraded. ...