Dynamic Menu update

Hi All,

          I need to update a menu item dynamically, setting its SetCheck
property to either true or false, based on a user operation. I am trying to
do this from a custom function. Usually, the pCmdUI pointer is used. But how
do I do it from another function?

Thanks

0
r_ayaz1 (9)
11/15/2005 1:53:26 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Your "other function" should change some setting. In your
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler, you should check that setting and call
SetCheck as needed.

--------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6840)
11/15/2005 3:35:05 PM
In addition to Ajay's response, this page may help you:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6kc4d8fh.aspx

Tom

"Ayaz" <r_ayaz1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
>          I need to update a menu item dynamically, setting its SetCheck
> property to either true or false, based on a user operation. I am trying
> to do this from a custom function. Usually, the pCmdUI pointer is used.
> But how do I do it from another function?
>

> Thanks

0
tserface (3861)

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

IMF update
When is the next update to the IMF going to be out? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator In Exchange 2003 SP2. ------------------------ Chris Williams Sirana Software www.sirana.com "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:eZFjo9L$EHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When is the next update to the IMF going to be out? > > -- > Eric Sabo > NT Administrator > Last I heard, Chris, there was supposed to be a pattern update for IMF in 05Q1. Of course nothing's real until it exists, so it could be as late as SP2. Let's hope not. :) "...

Failed Windows Update
All attempts to update Windows XP are failing. Error message 0x8007F0DA . Last successful update was KB890830, but KB972270 on same date failed. -- msimona ------------------------------------------------------------------------ msimona's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/179367.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1297491.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Updating Test company database
I have used the techknowlege procedure for setting up a new test company. But once the test company's set up, after a while the data gets old. To refresh the test database with current Live info I'll do the backup "Live" and restore to "Test". Do I still need to run the scripts described in the TK or is that only necessary the first time? Thanks, DavidF. David, You need to run the scripts every time you do a restore. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Available updates
Windows Update shows that I have available updates but when I click to vew the updates, the updates are not listed. Just showing for example that there are 4 important and 3 optional updates but I'm not able to vew them and choose which ones I want to install. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance! "ARIS" <ARIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5405791E-440B-46AE-BDBE-161DB0B2C453@microsoft.com... > Windows Update shows that I have available updates but when I click to vew > the updates, the updates are not listed. Just showin...

Money Updates
I wrote Microsoft this evening: I wrote earlier to day and I am now convinced that there was something in an internet update that has caused my Money 2004 to stop functioning properly (based on the forum I am not alone) I uninstalled Money 2004, and reinstalled Money 2003. I also changed my computer clock to read February 22 as I noticed that I was getting a pop up message telling me that online capabilities would expire February 23. (What is the significance of that?). I clicked the upgrade and it took me to a web site inviting me to upgrade to Windows 2003 Deluxe. What I find stran...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

countin and updating numbric and text
I need to update a number cell from a text filed. Cell a3 represent the total years of participation. Cellsb3,d3,e3 ECT represent the current year of activity by a “y”. I am trying to update the number in a3 – 5- to 6 or 7 or 8 based on whether or not there is a “y” in b3,d3,e3 ECT. Example a3=5 B3- blank C3 = “y” would update a3 to 6 D3 blank E3 = “y” would update b3 to7 I have tried a number of count and countif and countifs and always receive the value error because of the “y” Can anyone help? Thanks Dick Try: =COUNTIF(B3:Z3,"y") Tom "Anvil22&q...

Update from previous versions to GP 10.0
Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make decisions. Put service pack 5 on version 8, then update from there to 10.0 Make sure you also immediately use sp1 for Version 10 Mike "arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12AD9FCB-84AD-45CF-898C-A943DB8216F4@microsoft.com... > Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and > then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? > > Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make dec...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

2007 updates to msn portfolio
I have it update but it only updates my cash accounts (and they have generic name - not what I named them in money) not my invetment accounts that show stocks etc. In microsoft.public.money, Michael wrote: >I have it update but it only updates my cash accounts (and they have generic >name - not what I named them in money) not my invetment accounts that show >stocks etc. Interaction between MSN Money (MoneyCentral) and Microsoft Money 2007 is less than in earlier versions. If you want your investment account activity to update in MSN Money (MoneyCentral), you will separately ha...

10.1.2 Updater Error Message
Hi, Got a new G5 computer and installed Office X on it. I then loaded SP1 and 10.1.1 and they went fine. Now when I go to run 10.1.2 I get the following error message: 11002:2-15 and then it bombs out. Any ideas on what could be causing this error. Thanks, Peter Nehem P.S- Anti-virus software has been disabled and also tried it out in safe mode. ...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...

Dynamics GP 10 and Dynamics AX 4.0
just a half year ago, our company has started to work with Dynamics AX 4.0. Now i am doing some programming in X++ and almost customizing reports. Accidently, i stumpled on Dynamics GP 10.0 and i am wondering what s the difference between AX and GP? What stands GP for? Maybe GP is to replace AX, and our company backs to wrong horse? Does GP 10 contains AX 4.0? I have learnt lot of X++ programming, would it be possible to using X++ in the GT 10 field, too? Great Plains (GP) is another ERP system that Microsoft acquired a few years ago when it acquired the company of the same name. GP ...

Auto update contact e-mails to address book distribution lists
I'm uploading about 2000 contacts adn mapping information to various fields. Can I change the way I view my ADDRESS book. I have been trying to change it so shows company (Last,First). I'm starting with a blank address book, changing the settings in tools/options and contacts before i import but it won't apply the changes... can anyone help? Importing with Outlook's Import Wizard is the worst way to create Contacts. The settings you specify for derived fields like "File As," "Full Name," and "Email Display As" will not be appli...

Dynamic Range
Hi All, I have the following two dynamic ranges =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A),1) =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A),2) Note: there will be two ranges namecount & namelist The formula which would be using the above range is =IF(MAX(namecount)<ROW(1:1),"",VLOOKUP(ROW(1:1),namelist,2)) Big question!!!, can I join these ranges together in to one statement. if so than how ??? Thansks, Rashid Hi! If I follow what you want: Named range: List Refers to: =OFFSET(PBR!$A$1:$B$1,,,COUNTA(PBR!$A:$A)) Then: =IF(MAX(INDEX(List,,1))<ROW(1:1),"",VLOOKUP(R...

Updating Sales Order total
Greetings All: I'm integrating UPS shipping system with GP 9.0. I have developed an application that writes the freight and tracking data back to an order. I write the freight total to SOP10100.FRTAMNT. I'm quite green with GP 9.0 and discovered that indeed the freight on the order is updated but the order total doesn't get updated. What's the best way to get the order's bottom line updated? Is there some stored procedure or something that handles this logic? Thanks in advance, -Rusty Hi, I have tested you scenario as stated by you, the choice is yours if you ...

Essentails Trial Version Update problem
I experienced several problems when setting up my accounts. After deleting the original accounts and readding them, I was able to complete setup and retrieve my current financial information. Now I'm getting errors each time I try to update the accounts. My summary messages tell me to try updating again or contact Customer Support. Any advice? This Trial Version doesn't seem to include or invoke the SP1 update. Could that be part of the issue? ...

dynamic menus
I want to be able to create a hierarchy of menus under the view menu. I don't know at design time how many items will be under each submenu. I have been able to access and add to the view menu itself. By I have not been able to add anything under that added menu. I know it shuold be a popup menu. but when I make it a popup, I get an assert when I try to open the view menu. Here's what I have so far (some experimentation still remains): m_pWndMenu = GetMenu(); //int count = m_pWndMenu->GetMenuItemCount(); //CString string; //m_pWndMenu->GetMenuString(2, string, MF_BY...

IMF update #3
According to documents the latest Intellignet Message Filter update can be identified at Drive_Letter:\Program Files\Exchsvr\Bin\MSCFV2 where the version number is consistent the Exchange Server build number. I have 6.5.7882.0 Anyone know if this is the latest update and if not what is the latest update? That seems to be the current version of the update. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Johnsco" <vrj@tetontel.com> wrote in message news:ez1NSjiHHHA.4068...