DrawText problem

Hi,
I am using CDC::DrawText method, and in my input text I have the character
"&".
The problem is that this characters turns to a "_" character.
Is there a way to fix it (without adding another "&" character to the
existing one) ?

Yoav.

0
yoav (105)
7/22/2007 7:08:31 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am using CDC::DrawText method, and in my input text I have the character
> "&".
> The problem is that this characters turns to a "_" character.
> Is there a way to fix it (without adding another "&" character to the
> existing one) ?

Try DT_NOPREFIX
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1711)

Chart problem
I have a chart that is based on SubTotals from data that is advanced filtered. When I filter data the the subtotals change but the chart dose not. What do i have to do to get chart to refesh when ever i run my filter. Thanks Simon Your chart should automatically update if the source data changes. The following thread discusses a similar problem and offers a few suggestions for fixing it: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=u6nNSDwmCHA.212%40TK2MSFTNGP09 sidata wrote: > I have a chart that is based on SubTotals from data that is advanced > filtered. > When I filter ...

Find replace problem
Hi I have some numbers denoted thus:- 02:34:56 (they can be any numbers at all separated by Colons and I want to replace the last Colon with a dot/period so it is 02:34.56 I tried to replace using **:**:** to **:**.** but it fills in with the latter How can I achieve please Neil Here is a way to achieve this effect without using Find/Replace: 1. Highlight your column, then Forman-> Cells-> Custom 2. the format your cells should be in is hh:mm:ss. In the Type: text box, change this format to hh:mm.ss Now, your column should be fixed. -- Anne Murray "neil40@btinternet.c...

Intriguing problem with public folders as resources
Hello, Is there a way to have public folders operating as resource mailboxes? On an old server (Exchange 5.5) a client had it setup that they could book a meeting in a master calendar (public folder) and then schedule individual rooms (also public folders) as resources. The time would get booked in the master calendar and the individual rooms automatically. This is obviously different from the standard way it is done using resource mailboxes with scripts or the auto- acceptance in Oulook 2000 and higher. Does anyone know how to do this with public folders in Exchange 2003? Than...

Reading Layout problem, and labels problem.
I am running XP Home Edition. I have Office 2003, Student and Teacher Edition, which has developed two Word problems. - The Reading Layout mode shows only one page instead of two. - When I define labels, there is no border around the labels on the screen. I only recently began creating labels, so I don't know when this came about. I have disabled System Restore, so that isn't an option. I reinstalled Office, but that didn't fix either of the Word problems. I used the Save My Settings Wizard for the reinstallation, and I wonder that that mi...

Problems With SQL Server
i'm having a problem with my sql server. i keep getting a messages that my server no longer exists .Native error 17 and SQL State 08001 Does anyone know what in the world is this. Please email me cifbartlett@aol.com or kishburks@hotmail.com. Jessie wrote: > i'm having a problem with my sql server. i keep getting a messages that my > server no longer exists .Native error 17 and SQL State 08001 Does anyone know > what in the world is this. Please email me cifbartlett@aol.com or > kishburks@hotmail.com. Connect to your server with IP, and verify in sql tool configurat...

Problem using MsgHook to send msg to running app
Hi, I am having a problem that I do not understand at all. :D I am trying to send a message to a running app called FileClean. This is a new version and the message hook is not able to obtain a hwnd for the running app. It does work with the older version, but I have not been able to find any difference's in the properties of either version and the app name is listed the same when running, in the task manager. Where else should I be looking for something different. Here is the code, this is from Karl's example, the FindWindow(FormClass, App.Title) returns 0 with th...

Links Problem
I have a spreadsheet which contains links to other spreadsheets on m PC. When I send the spreadsheet to a friend and they open it and clic "Don't Update" they get errors where the linked formulas are. I thought that as long as you didn't try to update the links th spreadsheet should be OK and look the same as when it left m computer. HELP !!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad -- Hibbste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hibbster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3016 View this thre...

profile problems
we hava a secretary who takes care of 4 (different users) mailboxes, we setup outlook 4 profiles (exchange, all on the same exchange server) for each of them. The problem is when switching profiles it allways asks the username and password, even if we check that it remembers it. In news:ejXXLraAHHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, filip <fmatosic@inet.hr> typed: > we hava a secretary who takes care of 4 (different users) mailboxes, > we setup outlook 4 profiles (exchange, all on the same exchange > server) for each of them. The problem is when switching profiles it > allwa...

Printing Colour Gradient problems
Hello everybody XP SP3 latest updates, MS Word 2007 document saved as .doc. Have numerous text boxes that i have used gradient fills . Single colour from the standard colour palette at around 80% transparency at the top fading to 100% transparent at the bottom, so that black text is still perfectly readable. When printing the colours are showing as if there is no transparency ie the full colour. any body have any ideas, i have checked every setting I can find but cant see anything remotely relevant. Here is a screenshot of what I mean, used a pdf as my printer is running...

Address book problem #6
The addresses of people I write to are for some reason no longer automatically being added to my address book (Outlook 2007). How can I start this happening again? They never were, perhaps you mean they are not added to the autocomplete list? "wapanap" <me@universe.com> wrote in message news:%23WTWE9y6JHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > The addresses of people I write to are for some reason no longer > automatically being added to my address book (Outlook 2007). How can I > start this happening again? Yes, that's what I mean! What can I do? "DL&qu...

Importing To Outlook from Outlook Express Problem
I have been using Outlook Express and there are a lot of folders and emails in my Outlook Express. I tried Import the Outlook Express into my Outlook and not all of the e-mails were copied over. There are many folder names that are empty. It looks like there isn't enought space in Outlook to store my Outlook Express? Can someone help me in suggestions to move my Outlook Express folders and address over into Outlook. I am using Outlook Express 6.0 and my Outlook is 2003 Sp3 Thank You, G ...

That old #VALUE! problem
I have made up a spreadsheet that has lots of cells with IF formulas but I want the result of those cells to add up as a total. However, no matter how I try, the total cell keeps coming out with the dreaded #VALUE!. All the IF formulas are fine and work well but I need them all to add up but show nothing in the cell unless there is a value worked out in the original IF cells. Hope that's clear and that someone can help. I am using OFFICE2000. Nick What exactly is your formula? If you don't show us the formula that creates the problem we can't identify the problem, Any...

Font display problem
Hello, I follow this article about rebuild MFC to support MSLU (http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet038.asp). Now I can write a Unicode program and run in Both XP or Win98. But I have a problem when I want to display text. In my program, I need to display text in Portuguese/Chinese Traditional/Chinese Simplify together. In WinXP, it is OK since the program run in Unicode. But when I run in Win98, some font disappear or wrong coding. If I run on English Win98, both chinese cannot display. If I run on Chinese Traditional Win98, Simplify Chinese and Portuguese cannot display. Do anyon...

Problem with AfxGetMainWnd
I've and MFC MDI application, that also creates dialogs which implementation is done in a separate DLL. In OnInitDialog of the dialogs, I call AfxGetMainWnd to get some parameters from the main application. However, for some strange reason I can't figure out yet, AfxGetMainWnd() always returns (in OnInitDialog) a pointer to the dialog itself instead of to the main app. But if I called GetParent instead, it works. And AfxGetMainWnd also works if I call from some other function in the dialogs, after OnInitDialog. Has somebody seen this behavior before? I searched in Google and M...

replication problems with NON_IPM_SUBTREE\SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY
I am struggling to find any information on the error. I have one admin group with a FE and 4 BE servers. On one of the servers I am getting Event ID 3092 replication errors. I have 3 routing goups and have PF referals setup on all RGC's. I have not set replication on the schedule+ free busy system folder. If I check the replication tab of the folder it says to replicate to the public store on the server with the problem i.e replicate to itself. Error 1129 occurred while processing a replication event. Help Folder: (3-7) NON_IPM_SUBTREE\SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY Some more information...

unicode and DrawText
I call DrawText to draw some text to window. How do I draw them without mess if there are some unicode character,e.g:Chinese,Japanese. Thanks. _____________________________________________________ http://www.msale.net/bbs/ a Chinese-language message board for developers,including palm,ppc,symbian,and etc. http://www.zirong.net/blog/ my private life DrawText is a macro. If _UNICODE is '#defined' it will be expanded to DrawTextW, the unicode version for DrawText. If you compile for unicode you will not have problem using chinese or japanese chars. The problem is that the U...

Greylisting problem #2
Hi, I read in several newsgroup posts that there's a problem sending mails to SMTP hosts which use some kind of "greylisting" anti spam feature when directly sending from exchange 2003 sp2 (without a smart host). My problem is, that I have a SBS2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2 and must send directly from the exchange server to other SMTP hosts. If the recipient SMTP host sends a SMTP 45x code due to greylisting, my mail disappears from my SMTP queue and the exchange server never tries to resend it. Did MS release a hotfix or a workaround for this bug ? thanks, mario On Th...

Problem saving attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am running Windows Vista 32-bit system and when I try to save an email attachment in Outlook 2003 I get the message: "There are not enough resources to complete the operation. Save your work, close other programs, and then try again". If I only have Outlook running I still get the message (I checked and I still have some free RAM). The attachments are only small in file size. The curoius thing is that if I press "ignore" enough times it allows me to save anyway. Can anyone help? I cannot find any other threads on any internet forums. Many thanks David Walker ...

A record problem
I have a table with the following fields : Username as text Password as text allowA as yes/no allowB as yes/no allowC as yes/no .... allowX as yes/no I want to allow a user to edit a record and I want the procedure to go like this : 1- create a record template 2- copy the selected record into the template 3- edit the template 4- when finished ask to confirm the changes 5- update the table with the values in the template 6- end Finally my question, how do I make in VB the template (if that is the correct word). The rest I can do, but I can't make that &...

Help with Transpose problem
I trade in the stock market & use excel to convert a list of ticker symbols to a csv file to import to a charting program. I start with a vertical list in excel, I copy then paste special & tell it to transpose. It seems if the list is too long I get an error message: "The information cannot be pasted because the copy area and the paste areas are not the same size and shape. Try one of the following: Click a single cell then paste. Select a rectangle that's the same size and shape, and then paste" I assume what is happening is that I don't have enough columns across...

Physical inventory formula problems
I am having a problem with the physical inventory feature. This is the example I pull a Item Value List report with only supplier as the filter. The total on this report is as follows QTY: -5 EXTENDED COST - $10 (these are minus's) Now I go to the physical inventory and select NEW then ONLY ITEMS FROM SELECTED SUPPLIERS and I choose the same supplier I choose on the ITEM VALUE LIST I choose to update maching item and replace existing items. I am importing 10 of the item that had a -5 when I started. Now when I calulate now expected should read what my ITEM VALUE LIST started wi...

Excel Form Problem. Tick-box problem
I am new to Excel so help me out here... I have an ID List that has the following fields (all in one column): 001, 002, 003, 004, 005...etc Somewhere else on the sheet, I would like the ID's to be replicated in the form of tick boxes. So whenever I add another ID to the list, it will automatically add the ID to the series of tick boxes. There will only be a maximum of 10 ID's at the end, so therefore I will end up with 10 tick boxes. Then somehow when I choose a tick box, and submit using some sort of button (remember i am new to excel!), I would like it to send the option(s) to ano...

(ofxhttp400) Fidelity process problem
what are my work-arounds for this error when I try downloading my Fidelity information? Thanks. I have this same issue. Does anyone have an answer to this question? TIA. >-----Original Message----- >what are my work-arounds for this error when I try >downloading my Fidelity information? Thanks. >. > In microsoft.public.money, sherman wrote: >I have this same issue. Does anyone have an answer to >this question? This is from the OFX spec: :Note: The server must return a code in the 400s for any problem that prevents it from :processing the request file. Processi...

Problems with VBScript
I am working on a script that runs under a custom installation utility, which is running as a service. To get the current user name the script executes this command: str_Acct_Name_Val = "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Explorer\Logon User Name" str_Acct_Name = RegRead(str_Acct_Name_Val) When I run the script from the command prompt, it can read that value just fine (under an administrator account). When the value is attempted to be read with service/local system privileges, the read fails. What is the problem here? Some additional information. When ...

Suddenly: Save to Outbox & Send problems
I have recently been having difficulties with sending emails. When I make a reply and hit send the email saves to the outbox but does so in bold normal type and refuses to send. Sometimes if I make a new msg, copy by pasting everything and then save, the email saves to outbox in italics. This is "normal" I believe. The email goes out OK then. This seems to have started spontaneously. Anyone know what is happening and why. Perhaps more importantly how do I fix it? -- Jerry ...