Drag Drop on a list View

Hi,
In My application, I am trying to implement Drag and Drop
features. I have a list view which will display several
files and folders. Now my problem is when ever I drag any
file from Windows Explorer and drop over any of the
folders in my list control, How will i find the list
control item to which the file is dropped. Has Any body
implemented file/folder  drag and drop in MFC . Any
suggetions/Source code/ links are appreciated

Ganesh

0
anonymous (74717)
12/23/2003 10:06:54 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

How do you sort a multi-column list by rows?
I'm a worship leader, I need to create an index for the songs in my notebook. I'm using Excel (I'm an absolute beginner, just got it yesterday) and need to know how to sort a list with several columns (song title, tempo etc.) by any one of the columns and keep the rows intact. Thanks 4 the help. If I understood your problem correctly, this should help, at least a bit. Select ONE cell in the column you want to sort by. Then click on a button in the toolbar, it should say AZ and an arrow downwards. To do an ascending sort, click the button with and arrow upwards. If you don&...

No Banks listed
I upgraded to 2006 today, and in the set up accounts, i am not getting bank lists to pick my bank. all i get is "this is not available at the time, check back later" how do i correct this. I get it all the time. any ideas guys?? ...

Drag and drop with CRichEditCtrl
I have an application that makes heavy use of the rich edit control. One of the things I needed to do was to customize text when it is pasted or dropped onto the rich edit control. This wasn't too hard to do: I have an object implementing IRichEditOleCallback attached to the rich edit, and in the QueryAcceptData() method I modify the data as needed before adding it to the control. My problem comes with drag and drop, specifically with the "move" drop operation. Following the MSDN documentation, my QueryAcceptData() method returns S_FALSE to indicate that it's processed the d...

Distribution list error
One of my users was trying to add a distribution list containing 107 members in a Public Folder. She received an error saying "This distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. No new members could be added." There were a total of 105 that were entered. We're running Exchange 2003 on a dual-Xeon Dell server in a 2 server cluster. I have approx. 200Gb of free space on the shared drive where I have the Information Store. Is there a limit to the size of a distribution list? Thanks...... -steve You were adding a Personal Distributio...

Drop Down list with colours
Hi, Is there any way in Excel to create a drop down list which contains colours? For example to show RAG status (i.e. Red Amber Green). At the moment I can only show text in the drop down list. Would anyone know a way of working around this? Thanks. Thanks Roger, and Chip, for replying. I was playing around with it and found that I could conditionally format the cell depending on the text selected - so if I choose "RED" it goes red. It's just about enough to work for what I intend to use it for, but I'll experiment with your suggestion in case I need to develop thi...

Exchange views
What is the purpose of the option "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange Views" under the properties ofthe Personal Folder ? What purpose does it serve ? Can anyone let me know what this is all about ???? "Sudharson AN" <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O%23zzBLzQEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > What is the purpose of the option "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange > Views" under the properties ofthe Personal Folder ? What purpose does it > serve ? > > ...

Drop-down data not appearing in exported XML
I'm exporting data as XML from an Excel spreadsheet. Cells with plain text in them work fine, but cells with a selection from a drop-down list do not. The XML file shows everything is there, except data from cells with drop-down selections. No error message generated, just no trace of the data. Any suggestions? thanks kc Fixed the problem. Found out that the drop-downs were actually objects placed on top of the cell, the options were not coded into the cells themselves. "Kristi" <kristi@NOSPAMinscriber.com> wrote in message news:MaCdnWD2xtF6CtveRVn-qQ@golden.net... > ...

Excel Catalogue item list parts Quantity problem
Hello all, A user posted a similar request on this post: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_frm/thread/5c2fb9494cb2a710/b7728ea8117aa739?lnk=st&q=microsoft+excel+one+quantity+per+item&rnum=10&hl=en&utoken=dpwEdDkAAACAT_kPml7nPanGq5_khmjXqnl5HFF0dkw4MtGVJVSuCevTY1wWyctPve98PQdd4_us5frce720_MwAPPaMmhGu But, the only difference is, I would like to have the opposite done, if possible. What they did: SKU Description quantity 2021 blue widget 1 2021 blue widget 1 2021 blue widget 1 2022 red widget ...

Script Error when viewing Today screen in Outlook 2003
When I view Today screen on Outlook 2003 I get the following IE Script Error An Error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 298 Char: 1 Error: Class not registered Code: 0 URL: outlook:today I have .NET 1.1 and Visual Studio's also install on this machine. Does anyone have a solution. I ran the repair option in Office, as it appeared OUTLOOK had become "un-installed" but was still running mostly. Now it's no longer displaying the message. >-----Original Message----- >When I view Today screen on Outlook 2003 I get the >following IE Script Error >...

Drop Downs and lookups from other sheets
I have a workbook where the front sheet is a display page and the three sheets behind are reserved for data tables. What I want to do is have one cell in the front page which is a drop down and selects names from one of the tables on the other sheets. From there I can use Vlookup to populate the info from the tables on the front page based on that name. The problem is I can't seem to get this list of names from another sheet. Every time I try, I get an error. How would I do this? thanks! Hi,. first insert a name for your list in the other sheet, go to insert, name, ...

Drop down list #8
I created a drop down list using the data, validation menu. It works well. However, I only have two items in the list and I am wondering if there is a better way to alternate between them. With the drop down list it takes a couple of clicks. First you select the cell, then you click to drop down the list, then you highlight the item, then you click on it. Is there a way to select the alternate item with fewer clicks? Don, You need only click the cell, click the dropdown button, then click the desired item. Three clicks. This event-fired sub will alternate between "Choice a&qu...

Free Entry or List? #2
Is it possible to configure a cell so that a user can enter EITHER a value OR select from a list of values? Thanks in advance! Sure...you can create a Data Validation with an Error Alert style of "Warning" or "Information". If the user enters a non-list item....a warning will display, but the entry will still be allowed. Is that something you can work with? Post back if you have more questions. -------------------------- Regards, Ron Microsoft MVP (Excel) (XL2003, Win XP) "NumLock" <michelle.swan@us.kema.com> wrote in message news:25307548-e893-4a9...

List of Internal Commands?
I'm interested in seeing what custom buttons I could set up that may help us operationally. Is there a list of all of the internal commands and what they do? -- John M. ...

Recent Files List (MRU) just stopped working
Hello eberybody! It looks like my adding code to store some information=20 about the state of the view and the app=20 (CWinApp:WriteProfileString, GetProfileInt and so on) has=20 resulted in the ceasure of the RFL. It just doesn=B4t work=20 anymore; any ideas?? PS: Any Info on "GetSysPolicyValue and co." ??? thanks! Nils ...

dragging array UDFs
Hi I built an array function and it is working well. However when I dra it to other cel regions I got the message "VALUE". The exact formul and the code is below. Thanks for any help. Eduardo Exact formula: {=samLMR(B5:B20;0;0)} Code: x is a sorted array. Public Function samLMR(x As Variant, Optional a As Double = 0# Optional b As Double = 0#) As Variant Dim xmom() As Double Dim xm() As Double Dim sum(8) As Double Dim R As Integer Dim C As Integer Dim ReturnColumn As Boolean R = Selection.Rows.Count C = Selection.Columns.Count n = x.Count n = n - nfails If R < C Then nm...

My Drag Image Flickers
Hi guys, My drag image flickers, I understand the cause of this (I think) but I don't know how to fix it. I use this to auto-scroll during a drag and drop: // in OnTimer() m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(FALSE); SendMessage(WM_VSCROLL,MAKEWPARAM(SB_LINEDOWN,0),NULL); m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(TRUE); So since I'm hiding it, then showing it again, it flickers. Can I fix this ? Thanks, Robert A. ...

How to insert icon into control list
I'm going to list keys of a configuration file into a control list so it should have a column as icon. Since every key has an attribute (e.g. system key, non-system and ... ) so I like to insert an icon for each key in regard with its attribute. any comments on this? Regards, At first You can set ImageList to that ListView Ctrl.. then when you put some item into the list, you might use LVITEM struncture.. There is iImage member in that structure.. You can set what Image you wanna put.. depending on its attribute.. "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message ne...

Viewing message source with Exchange 2003
I'm running Outlook 2003 on WinXP (with Office XP as the rest of my Office environment). I'm connecting to an Exchange 2003 server in Cached mode and have my default message format changed to plain text. Is it possible to view a message's entire source? Thank you, Hans ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How do I customize the history view within contacts?
How do I customize the history view within contacts? I want to move the Actual End field to be further to the left than it is in the vanilla view -- colin mann, hawes signs Thanks to our IT Solutions partner epartners for the answer. In customisation, go to activities and then select close activity associated view and open activity associated view and customise each view -- colin mann, hawes signs "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" wrote: > How do I customize the history view within contacts? > > I want to move the Actual End field to be further to the left than it is in ...

how do I set up a header or a footer in the dropping down menu to.
I am trying to set up a footer that I can use throughout many workbooks, just not the sheets. Is there a way do this by setting it up as a predetermined footer or header in the drop down menu You can use a template for new workbooks and new sheets that includes the headers and footers you want. See Help for more information. But this will affect only new workbooks and worksheets, not existing ones. For them, you'll have to change each one manually. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:03:05 -0700, Chrisanna <Chrisanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to set up a footer that ...

Drag and Drop Emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Within entourage, when I drag and drop an email from my inbox to another folder, it &quot;copy/pastes&quot; it instead of moving it permanently so it stays in the original location where I was trying to move it from. Seems the only way around this is to right click on the email and select &quot;Move to&quot; and then select a folder (but I have dozens of folders and this is not quick at all). <br><br>Is there a way to change my settings so when I drag and drop emails, it's a &am...

Trying to drop MSCRMDistribution table
I'm trying to delete the CRM tables from SQL, but keep getting "Error 3724: Cannot drop the database because it is being used for replication.". I ran sp_removedbreplication against all of them, and I was able to delete the first three, but the MSCRMDistribution table is still there. The database icon in Enterprise Manager does not have a hand underneath, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error. How can I drop this table? In case anyone is wondering why I'm doing this, I attempted to install CRM earlier this week, but things went astray with the IIS setti...

Have E-mails available in 2 Locations to View
Is it possible (and easy) to configure 2 PC's to have the same e-mails? What I'm think of, instead of synchronizing via a memory stick that I would share out the "Outlook.pst" file which would be located on PC-1 in Location-1 over our network, then when I am in my remote location, my PC-2 in location-2 will look at this "Outlook.pst" file, thus having the same e-mails and not duplicates. We don't run Windows server just stand alone PC on a peer-to-peer network. Would what I have detailed above work? I'm just assuming that you can't have both PC&#...

Drag Capabilities #2
Guys, I seem to have lost that little plus sign that appears in the right hand bottom corner of the cell that allows for dragging formatting and content onto other cells. Help in the this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Subodh Help is available in Excel Help. Try the term "fill handle". -- David Biddulph <subodh.mallya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02f26450-f3a3-4b84-a5f2-a80c1513dd14@v39g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Guys, > > I seem to have lost that little plus sign that appears in the right > hand bottom corner of the cell that allows for draggin...