dont use XP style control

Is it possible to not use XP styling for one control, but all the others
remain using the new style?

JoeB
4/10/2004 12:26:26 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"JoeB" <MSforum1@---I-DONT-LIKE-SPAM---Kybert.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it possible to not use XP styling for one control, but all the others
> remain using the new style?

SetWindowTheme.
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

0
jeffp (1712)

How do I assign a shortcut key to an often-used word or symbol?
I often type the same words and symbols in Word documents. How can I assign a shortcut key to them? I use Office 2007. In the late 1990's, I seem to recall assigning Function keys to the symbol "US$" which I used a lot at the time. Frankly for three characters such as US$ a shortcut seems a waste of effort and something else to learn, but for longer phrases you should investigate autocorrect. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www...

Outlook 2002/Win XP and HTML <FORM>s
It seems that the default settings do not allow POSTing from an HTML FORM received in an HTML email in Win XP/Outlook 2002. Is there a way of enabling this action, please? Thanks, Tony ...

How can I use a CHtmlView object independently?
I want to construct a CHtmlView object. But the constructor is protected. How can I do? And why does constructor set to protected? "fadics" <fadics@sohu.com> д���ʼ� news:cd4v03$jp1$1@mail.cn99.com... > I want to construct a CHtmlView object. But the constructor is protected. > How can I do? > > hope this helps, http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0100/c/c0100.aspx Thanks a lot. "Eric" <ericleungjr@hotmail.com> д���ʼ� news:%23qVolejaEHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > hope this helps, > > http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0100/c/c0100.aspx >...

Highlight button when in use
I am creating a database to use as a 'waiting list' for customers. I work in a plumbing company, and when our schedule is booked, we need a waiting list for customers. My idea is to create a main switchboard with buttons for numbers 1-10, and create a form for each button for each customer, and put them in a numeric list. My question is can I set up the button, so that if it has information on its form, it changes color when it is in use? I am using Access 2000. Probably not very easily using the Access switchboard, but you can very easily by using a standard unbound form wi...

Problem using "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" from VC++ project
When I try to access "MS Access" .mdb database using "native" Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 provider I'm experiencing a problem with deleting of multiple records from previously retrieved recordset Here is an example // first, I open database in very usual way using ATL-based classes (mostly generated by OLEDB consumer-template wizard in VS) CDataSource db CDBPropSet dbinit(DBPROPSET_DBINIT) ................................... dbinit.AddProperty(DBPROP_AUTH_PASSWORD, OLESTR("")) dbinit.AddProperty(DBPROP_AUTH_USERID, OLESTR("Admin")) ...

How to use TableSync?
How to use TableSync? HQ Sync table for User-defined tables Store – HQ You need to create a record in the TableSync table: TableName = Name of table to upload or download ToHQ = 1 if to upload, 0 if not ToStore = 1 if to download, 0 if not Options = See translate table below The tables to be uploaded and downloaded must follow these conventions: -They must exist at both HQ and the Store with the SAME table name -If uploading to HQ, the table must contain both an ID field and a StoreID field. The ID field must have the IDENTITY attribute at the store and not at HQ. -If downloading from H...

last used source
I am having problems to the point that I wonder if I need to reinstall, clean, after having done it less than two weeks ago. I have a number of odd things including difficulty getting my full ATI package to install properly. One thing that seems odd is several keys that show last used source similar to this: n;1;e:\1b8ff7ae7954fb212b2d67d8\dotnetfx20\ Can someone explain the meaning of the different parts? The update was done from windows update and I don't understand why it seems to point to the e:\. I do have four partitions with windows on C: I also got regpermwriter.exe ...

How can I create multiple charts using variable data?
I have a series of formulas that generate pie charts for all my employees. To manually generate a chart, I have to input the salary and name of each employee. Is there a way to automate this process as only two values are changing for each generated chart? I'm using Excel 2003 for this task. Can you put name and salary into two columns, and use a value in a cell to indicate which employee in the list to display? Say the data is in A1:B100, and the indicator cell is C1. In D1 enter this formula =index(A1:A100,$C1) and copy this cell onto E1. You can change what's in D1:E1 by cha...

OUTLOOK EXPRESS & MICROSOFT XP
I HAVE RECENTLY UPGRADED TO MICROSOFT OFFICE XP SMALL BUSINESS. SINCE THEN, MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS WILL NOT LET ME OPEN UP MY INBOX FILES. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO, IF ANYTHING. THANKS Stop typing in all caps!!!!! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&...

Find supplies that are not used
Our partner added about 2000 general industry suppliers when they created our database. Problem is, we only use about 200 of them and it makes it difficult having to always go through all these useless suppliers. Is there a query we can run to find/delete suppliers that do not have any products attached to them Cheers Hi Jetspeed, You can run this query to see which suppliers has products (Go SO Admin> Go to File and then Connect to Database > Then click on Query > New) select * from supplier where id in (select supplierid from supplierlist) You can now run the following que...

Microsoft Publisher xp 2002
I installed this program 6 months ago. lighting ruined my computer so having to add programs to new one. i've installed publisher but lost my 25 number product code. Can anyone help so i don't have to buy program again. Sincerly butch When the activation dialogue comes up, take note of the phone number, call it and explain to the voice, they will give you a new number. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Butch" <butchgray558@netzero.net> wrote in message news:364e...

How to use FindWindowEx() ?
hi, all I have a piece of code like this: CMyMainDlg::OnAdd() //Title: "File manager" { CMyAddDlg dlg; //Title: "Add a file" dlg.DoModal(); } I want to get the window handle of CMyAddDlg. Becuase there are more than one instance on my box at the same time, I need to find all of them out and also I need to know which parent window has which child window! How to do this with FindWindow() and FindWindowEx() or is there some better solution? Thanks Nicky wrote: > hi, all > > I have a piece of code like this: > CMyMainDlg::OnAdd() ...

sharing .pst files using the Briefcase
I want to share .pst files using the briefcase, but unfortunately this doesn't work properly. The pst file I'm delivering emails to is displayed incorrectly on the computer using the Briefcase. The only folders displayed are the default Contacts, Inbox, Sent Items, etc - I can't see the other folders I created. The folders are displayed correctly on the computer where the original pst is stored. The pst files are equal in size. I attempted to research the problem using the Microsoft Knowledgebase but unfortunately the relevant article (294759) has been removed for an unspecifie...

How do I use the symbol for metres squared ie m2?
Hi you could select the '2' in the formula bar and goto 'format - Cells - Font' and check 'superscript' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2493143C-A9D1-4A9C-AB96-63DE47C071DC@microsoft.com... > Or set up a Custom Format #,##0"m + ALT + 0178" Type in the #,##0"m then hold ALT key and type, from the NumPad, 0178 then add the " 0179 for superscript 3 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:27:03 +0100, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel...

What Fonts does Outlook Use?
I'm running Outlook 2003 under Windows XP. I have a large number of fonts installed, and to make life easier, I found a font manager and uninstalled those I rarely use. But I apparently uninstalled some fonts that Outlook uses, because it started substituting other fonts. In some cases the substituted fonts work OK (but look strange); in other cases, particularly in its pop-up windows, the substituted fonts are bigger and bolder than the originals — sometimes overfilling the windows. Can anybody tell me what fonts Outlook uses by default so that I can ensure that I have all the ...

Using redeployment tool
We are having this error when trying to use redeployment tool 11/21/2005 12:09:48 Export started 11/21/2005 12:09:59 Searching for the Organizational Unit with name Complete Solutions Limited and GUID {6641afb8-23cd-4ca9-ba37-4955e68c2430} 11/21/2005 12:09:59 Search root is : LDAP://CS 11/21/2005 12:10:05 The wizard could not find the Microsoft CRM organizational unit (OU) that is specified in the database. Make sure the OU exists in Active Directory. 11/21/2005 12:11:01 Export ended Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Kyaw ...

Auto reply send once by using template
Auto reply send once by using template. Try to set the rule but fail to send out the auto reply in Outlook 2002. When using outlook 98, (Windows NT 4.0 Server + Exchange 5.5) the auto reply function works. After upgrade to Outlook 2002 (Windows 2000 Server + Exchange 2000 Server), it only send once for the reply. Anyone help? ...

Assertion using MFC-created regular DLL
I created a simple regular DLL using MFC ClassWizard. When I link with the DLL in another MFC app, I get a debug assertion in CWinApp::CWinApp(LPCTSTR lpszAppName) at line 75: ASSERT(AfxGetThread() == NULL); I've declared my DLL class as __declspec(dllexport). Where am I going wrong? Thanks, Brian Toothill Hi Brian, Thanks for your post. I'd like to share the following information with you: 1. Is your DLL dynamically linked against the MFC DLLs and have functions exported from this DLL which call into MFC? If so, you must have the AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro added at the very be...

Outlook 2007 Home Use
My wife and i have new Win 7 Home Deluxe 64 laptops. If I buy 2007 as a stand-alone program will I be able to install it on both my laptop and my wife's laptop? Irish wrote: > My wife and i have new Win 7 Home Deluxe 64 laptops. If I buy 2007 as a > stand-alone program will I be able to install it on both my laptop and my > wife's laptop? You could start at: http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/cu_sc_prodinfo_master?ws=mscom#tab3 and call them to ask them to send you a copy of the EULA so you could read it *before* you purchase their product. It'...

Need help with setting up Dynamics GP to be used from ext location
Hi All, I'm just implemeted Dynamics GP in my company. I have 2 branches and 1 main office. My database server is set up in main office. I consulted my vendor on what to do to set up Dynamics GP in the other 2 branches. However they said the other branches need to access the server in main office and use the application using Remote Desktop Connection. I think it's not viable because I need to purchase extra terminal service licence for that purpose. Is there such a way to configure data source to connect to my database server in main office? Thanks. The only supported way of ...

Using shape on a frame????
How can I insert a shape onto a frame. Every time I click off design mode the shape disappears behind the frame!!!! How can I stop that? What is "a frame"? MD wrote: > How can I insert a shape onto a frame. Every time I click off design mode the > shape disappears behind the frame!!!! > How can I stop that? ...

Using ActiveX in a DHtmlDialog
I need to catch an event fired by an ActiveX control embed into a page. The code in the DHTML_EVENT_MAP() is: BEGIN_DHTML_EVENT_MAP(CModificaDatiCont) DHTML_EVENT_ONCLICK(_T("visColRettifica"), OnChShowrett) {DHTMLEVENTMAPENTRY_CONTROL,0x02,_T("F1Book"), reinterpret_cast<DHEVTFUNCCONTROL>(OnDblClick)) }, END_DHTML_EVENT_MAP() I need to perform this cast because the DHTML_EVENT_AXCONTROL() works only for functions without parameters; my callback func has two parameters: (declare in CModificaDatiCont.h) void OnDblClick(long nRow, long nCol); All works fine until I ...

Hiding Control BAsed on Check Box
I have a check box control on a form, "Complaint", which when unchecked I want the ComplaintClosed memo control greyed out. If Complaint is checked I then want the ComplaintClosed control to be visible and a message box to display. I have used the following code, but the ComplaintClosed control will only do as it should when I go to another recoed and then return to the current record. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Private Sub Form_Current() If Me!Complaint = 0 Then Me!ComplaintClosed.Enabled = False Else Me!ComplaintClosed.Enabled = True MsgBox "Compl...

tooltip
I have an MFC application and although most menu/tool bar icons show the associated Prompt and Tool Tip, there are one or two that just dont show them. I've checked the resources and they look of for all the items (working and non-working) but I cant seem to get all the tool-tips to show up Any help will be much appreciated Phil Tooltips for buttons display only that text which follows \n and corresponds to the prompt for the identical menu item. Do you have a \n in all tooltip text? Just a guess. joe On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:20:03 +0100, "Phil Cunningham" <phil@oak...

how to use "<10" as text value instead of numeric in COUNT.IF()
Hi, With the function =COUNT.IF(a1:a10;"<10"), i'll get the number of cells with value less than 10. But suppose there are cells which contain the text value "<10" (as a code e.g.). How can i use COUNT.IF() function to count the number of those cells? Thanks Ben How about a different function? In the USA version: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="<10")) Ben wrote: > > Hi, > > With the function =COUNT.IF(a1:a10;"<10"), i'll get the number of cells > with value less than 10. > But suppose there are cells which con...