doc/view question #3

I have a doc/view exe that I created as Explorer-style, which means that
each doc has a splitter window like windows Explorer.  When the user moves
the splitter position, I want the doc to be able to save this info, and
restore it when the doc is reopened.  How can I accomplish this, since the
splitter lives in the ChildFrm rather than a view?

Also, how can I create MDI child windows maximized?  As the help suggests,
in CChildFrm I overrode the PreCreateWindow method to add the WS_MAXIMIZE
style, but this didn't work.

Lastly, how can I maximize the application itself?

Thanks for the help.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"David Vestal" <someoggetridofthis@mailcity.com> wrote in message
> I have a doc/view exe that I created as Explorer-style, which means that
> each doc has a splitter window like windows Explorer.  When the user moves
> the splitter position, I want the doc to be able to save this info, and
> restore it when the doc is reopened.  How can I accomplish this, since the
> splitter lives in the ChildFrm rather than a view?

Save/restore the position in the child frame class (OnClose/OnCreate works)
using GetColumnInfo/GetRowInfo and SetColumnInfo/SetRowInfo/RecalcLayout.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_changing_the_styles_of_a_window_created_by_mfc.asp

> Lastly, how can I maximize the application itself?

PostMessage(WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_MAXIMIZE);

in the main frame class (in first time in OnShowWindow or OnActivateApp).

Automate your software builds with Visual Build Pro
http://www.kinook.com

0
reply (47)

Newsreader Question
I'm using Outlook Express for my newgroup reader. Everytime I open it, it tells me there are new newsgroups. How do I stop this? Thanks, James Tools | Options | General (tab) | Uncheck Notify... -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Zone" wrote in message I'm using Outlook Express for my newgroup reader. Everytime I open it, it tells me there are new newsgroups. How do I stop this? Thanks, James Thank you, Jim. "Jim Cone" <jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX> wrote in message news:e2$6swiRHHA.4088@TK2MSFTNG...

Link to a doc
I want to be able to have a document link to a contact. Every contact has an excel file that is saved on another server that contains there marks and I want to be able to attach the document. This would eliminate a step for my users. I also need to be able to open the document, post a mark and then be able to save and overwrite the original. Is this possible..... ...

Repost from Jan 3
I've reposted some tips regarding grouping on the service calendar. Dave's tips below were very useful and I had a question regarding them and figured no one would find it waaay back on Jan 3! Question: Have you found a way to set a particular view as default? E.g., Type = User, View = Users in a Team Also, in case this helps anyone else - I slightly modified Dave's approach below which will hopefully reduce the amount of maintaining 2 team lists as he mentions. What I did was create an attribute (I called it "Team") and added it to the main user form. Then, fo...

Outlook views #7
Dear All, Sorry if this is a repeat...I can't find my message. If I am viewing email in all messages view. I selected one in which I was interested and then changed to conversation view in the hope that the selected email and associated emails would be highlighted. Alas no. Is there a way of doing this or of searching the conversations? I know I can search using find or advanced find but this does not group the results by conversation. Thanks, Danny ...

continious page nos while inserting pages from 2nd doc to 1st doc
i have 3 pages template in 2nd page from macro i am inserting file doc2 where bookmarks are there for i=0 to 2 Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToSection, Which:=wdGoToLast Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1 Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakContinuous Selection.InsertFile Filename:=mstrTemplatePath, Range:="mtaLoop", ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False For Each frmfld In ActiveDocument.FormFields Select Case frmfld.Name Case "mta070" ...

Question about backend dbs
Is there any reason not to complie the backend as an .mde file to protect it before distributing it? Thanks in advance, Jim "Jim Evans" <jim@microsoftdiscussions.com> wrote in message news:uB$IEIHlKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any reason not to complie the backend as an .mde file to protect > it > before distributing it? There's no real reason to do that. MDE format doesn't protect the design of tables, and there wouldn't normally be anything in the back-end except tables and, maybe, a "Keep Out" form. ...

Budgeting question
Hello, I am confused on a budgeting issue. Say I have to pay 30 dollars every three months. Money breaks it down to say 10 dollars each month. When I pay the bill of 30 dollars on the 3rd month, Money says I am 20 dollars over I would like to have an envelope that would sum the values and on the third month would have 30 dollars in it. Then when I paid the bill, the enevlope would show a zero balance. I don't think Money can do this. Can someone explain this? Thanks Frank Hi Frank, This too frustrates me. The budget seems to force everything into monthly paments / earnings....

html docs to publisher docs
I have managed to delete the publisher file, but have the index and index_files. Is there a way I can reverse engineer these html files to the original publisher file? At the end of this article you will find a way to reconstruct your Publisher file from your web files: Common Sense Computing 101 aka "Why in the world would you lose your publisher file?" : http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/19/81461.aspx In the future, please post your web related questions in the web group and we will try to help you there: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "w...

Viewing different worksheets at the same time?
I was just wondering if it's at all possible to view different worksheets from one workbook at the same time. I got to thinking about this because you can split the view so that you can view different parts of one worksheet at the same time (dragging that little bar at the end of the scroll-bars). I'm currently having to create a load of links between two sheets withing a workbook and it would be so much easier if you could have both sheets on display at once. So, is this possible? Cheers, Rob -- Rob_T ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rob_...

problems with hyperlinks to Xcel docs
I've gad sp2 installed recently and discovered that since: 1 - Hyperlinks to other Excel workbooks do not work, 2 - links to other office docs do work. I tried different method: Shift-Click or Ctrl-CLick but not luck so far. Any idea? Many TIA Joseph ...

repeat question....still looking for an answer
how are people handling the situation of no salesperson ID being transferred over from CRM to Great Plains on the customer card? Also how are people handling the situation of no tax schedule ID available in CRM? I'm told that my customer class ID in GP will have to be set up with a default tax id - THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Without a salesperson ID or a tax schedule ID it creates a lot more work for my accounting dept. they will have to go into every card in GP and add in the correct tax id and then they have to go to crm to find out who owns the account, go back to GP and ...

doc size limitations
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC why are doc sizes limited to printer settings? i like to do floor plans and can never do an entire floor, just room by room. if i shrink things to 1/4 of the original dimensions, zooming in just makes things less sharp. is there any way to enlarge my doc size that i'm not seeing and save it as a custom setting? <br><br>e.g., i want to do six rooms, including bath, in a 32'X28' area. i can work with these dimensions with in a 1:12 ratio, but i can't customize the paper size to, say, 35...

Powershell / Search / Test-ExchangeSearch Ex 2007
Hi I have a user for who exchange search does not run. I have read the docs, and run the command Test-ExchangeSearch against his mailbox and it comes back as not enabled. The mailstore is enabled, and other accounts are ok, so it seems just to be the one user. I'm wondering if anybody knows the command to enable it for his account? TIA Dave On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:21:03 -0700, Dave Hood <DaveHood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have a user for who exchange search does not run. I have read the docs, >and run the command Test-ExchangeSearch against his m...

viewing page spreads
Creating a newsletter. Currently I can only view pages in two page spreads. Is there any way to view a full spread of multiple page newsletters? Rachel After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Rachel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Creating a newsletter. Currently I can only view pages > in two page spreads. Is there any way to view a full > spread of multiple page newsletters? In Publisher 2002 and 2003 you can use the Print Preview to accompish this. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ B...

Product Catalog Questions
Can someone please explain to me what the following fields are for when setting up a new product? -List price -Standrad Cost -Current cost Obviously one of these fields is for the sale price of the product... but which one? and what are the other fields fore? How do they affect the revenue forecasting? I bought the working with CRM Dynamics 3.0 book. However it has NOTHING about the product catalog section in it whatsoever. -Julius When you configure the price list for the products, the pricing rules can be based off these entries. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "juls8...

Making a clean view
I just wrote a simple program and I would like to make it look clean an simple by removing all of the unecessary items from the menu. And b limiting the viewing area. There is a plug-in called Mortgage Genie o a website called moneycops.com. The program is free and it's a perfec example of what I want mine to look like. Can anyone help me out here -- Jua ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Juan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26353 ...

Upgrade question
I am helping a friend upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. We have downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium from Windows Marketplace, including the iso image so we can put it on a DVD. I have cloned his hard drive. He is undecided as to whether to upgrade or to install from scratch. If we start from scratch, he has a lot of software to reinstall. So if we go the upgrade route and he doesn't like it, can we turn around and do a clean install? I'm mostly worried about activating it twice. I would try to avoid activating the upgrade until we were sure. I could always clone the original...

insert pub doc into pub doc- how?
Person sent me publisher document with page 3 & 4 blank. Then sent me pages 3 & 4 publisher document. I want to put pages 3 & 4 into the first publisher document. I have tried copy and paste but the copy does not copy whole page--maybe I have to do Group? Just got one box. File import said something about Word document-did not help! Thanks for suggestions! Susan Try Edit|Select All and then copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Susan" <dsnsacree@msn.com> wrote in message news:OkfdhzK3EHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Person ...

XMLValidatingReader.Read() question
i am using an XMLValidatingReader in a manner similar to the following code example: string sReturn = ""; XmlValidatingReader oXML = new XmlValidatingReader(sXMLString, XmlNodeType.Document, null); oXML.Schemas.Add("", sSchemaURL); oXML.ValidationType = ValidationType.Schema; oXML.ValidationEventHandler += new ValidationEventHandler(ValidationHandler); while(oXML.Read()) { if (oXML.NodeType == XmlNodeType.Element) { sReturn = sReturn + "Name: " + oXML.LocalName + "<br>"; sReturn = sReturn + "Value: " + oXML.Value + "&l...

Excel 200 viewing option
I have win NT and office 2000. When I open multiple WORD documents, I get multiple buttons on my task bar for easier editing. But when I open multiple excel files, I get only one. How can I set it up like word? Thanks Tools / Options / View / Windows in Taskbar -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference --------------------------------------------------------------...

Memory Question
I have not changed my soft wear. I did change my DSL provider. Now when I go to web sites and I put in the information sign or like mapquest it does not remember it. I have to keep putting it in. How can i get the computer to remember again? Um, not an Outlook problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Memory Confused asked: | I have not changed my soft wear. I did change my DSL provider. Now | when I go to web si...

Print Question Newbie Please help
I am creating a spreadsheet that I need to print on 11x17 paper. My printer does not support 11x17 but I can send it to someone that does. How can I format my spreadsheet to use 11x17 so I can see all the cells etc. My guess is I need to install a print driver that supports 11x17 am I on the right track? If so can anyone suggest what I can use? Thanks Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails...

Out of office message #3
When I go on vacation or will be away form my computer for a long period of time is there a way I can send a message out automatically to all received e-mails saying something like I am out of the office and will return on such and such a date? Or be able to type whatever message I like. Thanks, Frank Frank Lewandowski wrote: > When I go on vacation or will be away form my computer for > a long period of time is there a way I can send a message > out automatically to all received e-mails saying something > like I am out of the office and will return on such and > such a d...

Doc/View question
I have reached a point where I need input on the following: For some time I have used MFC created apps with Doc/View and made my base view class as CFormView. It was convenient and quick, but I was putting all of my data variables in the ViewClass since that was where the class wizard put all my control variables and it seemed convenient in my ignorance. If I had to access files I used ofstream from within my view class. So now it has become apparent that I have things backwards (so it appears from what I read ) in that I should have been creating data variables in the CDocument...

Cell value/filename question...
I'm using forumulas like these to extract data from several differen files: =SUM('Coins\[coin value.xls]Group Costs'!$A$3). I have a colum that has all the filenames listed, but it's a huge hassle to go throug and change the formula each time I start a new row (keyword). What need is something like this: =SUM('Coins\[A3.xls]Group Costs'!$A$3). As you can see, I'm trying to get Excel to think that A3 really equal 'coin value'. I know this is possible with concatenation (it would tak a few extra steps) but I need all the data right in front of me as I' ...