Displaying UNICODE in edit control

How can I display UNICODE strings with standard edit control? Help says edit
control can display UNICODE strings. However when I try to set UNICODE text
with SetDlgItemTextW or paste UNICODE text from clipboard I get series of
question marks. With Rich Edit control I have no problems setting UNICODE
text either programatically or from clipboard.
0
Sasha1 (27)
4/10/2006 7:18:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you compile program as Unicode?  The edit control should work then.

Tom

"Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I display UNICODE strings with standard edit control? Help says
> edit
> control can display UNICODE strings. However when I try to set UNICODE
> text
> with SetDlgItemTextW or paste UNICODE text from clipboard I get series of
> question marks. With Rich Edit control I have no problems setting UNICODE
> text either programatically or from clipboard.

0
tserface (3860)
4/10/2006 9:00:32 PM
Tom Serface wrote:
> Did you compile program as Unicode?  The edit control should work then.
>
> Tom
>
> "Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I display UNICODE strings with standard edit control? Help says
> > edit
> > control can display UNICODE strings. However when I try to set UNICODE
> > text
> > with SetDlgItemTextW or paste UNICODE text from clipboard I get series of
> > question marks. With Rich Edit control I have no problems setting UNICODE
> > text either programatically or from clipboard.

Personally I've only ever managed to display UNICODE chars in an
ordinary edit control if they fell into standard codepage range. More
exotic UNICODE chars I have only been able to display in a rich edit.
But maybe I switched to rich edit before trying some of the other
things I had to do, which may also have worked with Edit (but I doubt
it). You could try making sure that the font of the control (or the
parent dialog) is set to something that supports UNICODE (such as MS
Shell Dlg 2, which should map in most cases to Tahoma).

0
k.cowan (8)
4/11/2006 9:15:14 AM
Hi Keith,

I don't know why that is... I've had pretty good luck with using edit
controls so long as I compile the program as Unicode.  However, I'm not good
at Japanese and it may be since we only support our translation on real
Japanese systems that the actual code page is set and that's why it works.

Tom

"Keith" <k.cowan@searchspace.com> wrote in message

> Personally I've only ever managed to display UNICODE chars in an
> ordinary edit control if they fell into standard codepage range. More
> exotic UNICODE chars I have only been able to display in a rich edit.
> But maybe I switched to rich edit before trying some of the other
> things I had to do, which may also have worked with Edit (but I doubt
> it). You could try making sure that the font of the control (or the
> parent dialog) is set to something that supports UNICODE (such as MS
> Shell Dlg 2, which should map in most cases to Tahoma).

0
tserface (3860)

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Student Teacher Edition
If I buy this now will I be able to use a standard office upgrade in a few years after my graduation? It will depend on the upgrade policy imposed by Microsoft for the next version. I don't believe that the EULA for Office 2004 Student & Teacher Edition states anything specific prohibiting its use as a qualifying product for a discounted upgrade price (though I could be miskaken). In the case of Office 2004, Office X Student & Teacher Edition is a qualifying product for upgrade, but no one knows whether that will be the case for the next version. On 8/20/04 3:38 PM, in article ...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

LPCSTR, Unicode etc... don't understand
I have big problem with LPCSTR and thing like that. In VC++6.0 no problem, in embedded vc++3.0 he says cannot convert parameter 2 from 'unsigned short *' to 'const char *'. So i use reinterpret_cast but i don't like that, because a need to change code each time. I would like to know if someone can help me about that, if they exist some value in the project setting or other to make work in both platform with the same code. Thanx alot. Fred You should not be coding use LPCSTR unless you are absolutely positive you will never compile a Unicode version of the program. You...

Shell Alloc and UNICODE
While there are memset/wmemset memcpy/wmemcpy, is there a function to allocate memory while using UNICODE!? I've defined this macro: #define ShellAlloc(cb) (SHAlloc(cb*sizeof(TCHAR))) What do you think!? I need to create a buffer to pass my own files list to SHFileOperation(...) in order to exec a shell copy operation... The way i'm using is to allocate a LPTSTR buffer large enought to keep all filespath - include a NULL term - plus 1 extra NULL at the end and adding filespath to buffer with n wmemcpy calls... I'm sure i'm doing somethnig wrong whit this... Is there a w...

Derived a class from a Control and put it into a Dlg
Hello, Newsgroupians: In regards to a previous post, I am now working with CFormView, and I'm enjoying the flexibility and robustness of the document / view architecture although I'm rather new to it. I've a question that's been plaguing me though. The CFormView class creates a dialog resource for me, which I like. However, I have a class that is derived from CButton that I would like to add to the form. CPSButton is the button's class name. Currently, I am adding it programmatically. Is it possible to add a button to the canvas and tell the program, "Yea...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Control Codes
I am printing labels using an old Datamax label printer that requires the STX (hex o2) control code to start the label format. RMS seems to strip this out. Has anyone had success in sending Printer control codes to the label file? Tried CHR$(02) but it did nothing. ...

Stop displaying a line

Re: How can I edit the GAL?
Check - "IMI GAL Modify" - ttp://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imigm.htm - we use it from few years... "Frusturat$d" <Frusturatd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47579443-D2BA-4B62-AD45-EAB7889154A2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to give a user (say in HR or Admin) rights to the GAL so > that > they can update employee phone numbers and locations? ...

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

Change control panel settings for user on domain if they dont have permission
Windows XP Pro SP3 - Joined to a domain. Want to change the hard sleep timeout on a computer for a user that has standard users permissions and am told that I dont have permission to change this. Changing the admin HD timeout does not change the user. If I run control panel as admin (from within the user account) it changes the admin timeout. not the user. How can I adjust this for user without elevating permissions? Thanks On 8/26/2010 6:06 PM, Jack B. Pollack wrote: > Windows XP Pro SP3 - Joined to a domain. > > Want to change the hard sleep timeout on a...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...