displaying a file

I have problem regarding displaying a file....I have used CFileDialog to
create a open dialog but when i cancel it i am getting a dialog.And once i
have opened the file....i getting newline charaters as well in the edit
box.The formatting is totally gone.However when i display it on to a message
box,i getting the exact format.Please help.

0
fenn_j1 (27)
1/1/2005 8:20:22 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jeevan,

You don�t say what kind of dialog you get when you cancel, so it is hard to
know the problem. Perhaps you have a bug :-)

As for formatting, you'll have to either use a control that will do your
formatting (such as an editbox with the multiline style set) or draw the
text using the appropriate command (DrawText with the appropriate flags for
formatted text).

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> I have problem regarding displaying a file....I have used CFileDialog to
> create a open dialog but when i cancel it i am getting a dialog.And once i
> have opened the file....i getting newline charaters as well in the edit
> box.The formatting is totally gone.However when i display it on to a
message
> box,i getting the exact format.Please help.

Well i meant to say is that i am getting an assertion....sorry for the
mistake.I created a 'open' dialog using class CFileDialog.If i press the
cancel button on that dialog i am getting an assertion.Thanks in advance.

"Johan Rosengren" <johan.rosengren@telia.com> wrote in message
> Jeevan,
>
> You don�t say what kind of dialog you get when you cancel, so it is hard
> know the problem. Perhaps you have a bug :-)
>
> As for formatting, you'll have to either use a control that will do your
> formatting (such as an editbox with the multiline style set) or draw the
> text using the appropriate command (DrawText with the appropriate flags
for
> formatted text).
>
> Johan Rosengren
> Abstrakt Mekanik AB
>
> "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> > I have problem regarding displaying a file....I have used CFileDialog to
> > create a open dialog but when i cancel it i am getting a dialog.And once
> > have opened the file....i getting newline charaters as well in the edit
> > box.The formatting is totally gone.However when i display it on to a
> message
> > box,i getting the exact format.Please help.

0
fenn_j1 (27)
1/1/2005 5:48:19 PM
void CJeevanDlg::OnFileOpen()
{
 // TODO: Add your command handler code here
 int count=0;
 char buffer[10000];
 CString str;str="jeev";

 CFileDialog dlg(true,".txt","jeevan");
 int x= dlg.DoModal();
    str=dlg.GetFileName();
   if(!f.Open(str,CFile::modeRead))
  CJeevanDlg::OnCancel();
 f.Read(buffer,sizeof(buffer));
 int p=f.GetLength();
 UpdateData(false);
 buffer[p]=NULL;
 m_value=buffer[p];
    m_ctrl.SetWindowText(buffer);

}

This is my code for my open menu.I find it difficult to find the error .If
you can find the error.Please do help

Jeevan
> Jeevan,
>
> When you get an asserion, the assertion box gives you the option to break
> into the program at the asserting line. Do this - more often than not, a
> comment or the code itself gives enough info on what the problem is.
>
> If this is not the case, do not assume that we are mindreaders! Copy the
> line of code at the assertion and post it here.
>
> Johan Rosengren
> Abstrakt Mekanik AB
>
> "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> > Well i meant to say is that i am getting an assertion....sorry for the
> > mistake.I created a 'open' dialog using class CFileDialog.If i press the
> > cancel button on that dialog i am getting an assertion.Thanks in
advance.

> > "Johan Rosengren" <johan.rosengren@telia.com> wrote in message
> > > Jeevan,
> > >
> > > You don�t say what kind of dialog you get when you cancel, so it is
hard
> > > know the problem. Perhaps you have a bug :-)
> > >
> > > As for formatting, you'll have to either use a control that will do
your
> > > formatting (such as an editbox with the multiline style set) or draw
the
> > > text using the appropriate command (DrawText with the appropriate
flags
> > for
> > > formatted text).
> > >
> > > Johan Rosengren
> > > Abstrakt Mekanik AB
> > >
> > > "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
CFileDialog
> once
> edit
> > > message

0
fenn_j1 (27)
1/2/2005 1:19:57 PM
Jeevan,

I've noticed that you have gotten answers to you numerous postings on this
:-)

You have also made several posts on the debugger. This is something that you
definitely will want to learn. The basic operations are setting breakpoints,
single stepping and inspecting the values of variables. The rest is just
dressing :-)))

Breakpoints are set by pressing F9. F11 goes one line ahead, stepping into
functions. F5 runs the application. Shift+F9 displays the value of the
variable the cursor is at.

> void CJeevanDlg::OnFileOpen()
> {
>  // TODO: Add your command handler code here
>  int count=0;
>  char buffer[10000];
>  CString str;str="jeev";
>
>  CFileDialog dlg(true,".txt","jeevan");
>  int x= dlg.DoModal();
>     str=dlg.GetFileName();
>    if(!f.Open(str,CFile::modeRead))
>   CJeevanDlg::OnCancel();
>  f.Read(buffer,sizeof(buffer));
>  int p=f.GetLength();
>  UpdateData(false);
>  buffer[p]=NULL;
>  m_value=buffer[p];
>     m_ctrl.SetWindowText(buffer);
>

> }
>
> This is my code for my open menu.I find it difficult to find the error .If
> you can find the error.Please do help
>
> Jeevan
> "Johan Rosengren" <johan.rosengren@telia.com> wrote in message
> > Jeevan,
> >
> > When you get an asserion, the assertion box gives you the option to
break
> > into the program at the asserting line. Do this - more often than not, a
> > comment or the code itself gives enough info on what the problem is.
> >
> > If this is not the case, do not assume that we are mindreaders! Copy the
> > line of code at the assertion and post it here.
> >
> > Johan Rosengren
> > Abstrakt Mekanik AB
> >
> > "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> > > Well i meant to say is that i am getting an assertion....sorry for the
> > > mistake.I created a 'open' dialog using class CFileDialog.If i press
the
> > > cancel button on that dialog i am getting an assertion.Thanks in
> advance.
> > >

> > > "Johan Rosengren" <johan.rosengren@telia.com> wrote in message

> hard

> your
> the
> flags
> > > for

> CFileDialog
> > once
> > edit

Thanks for everything...
Jeevan
> Jeevan,
>
> I've noticed that you have gotten answers to you numerous postings on this
> :-)
>
> You have also made several posts on the debugger. This is something that
you
> definitely will want to learn. The basic operations are setting
breakpoints,
> single stepping and inspecting the values of variables. The rest is just
> dressing :-)))
>
> Breakpoints are set by pressing F9. F11 goes one line ahead, stepping into
> functions. F5 runs the application. Shift+F9 displays the value of the
> variable the cursor is at.
>
> Johan Rosengren
> Abstrakt Mekanik AB
>
> "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> > void CJeevanDlg::OnFileOpen()
> > {
> >  // TODO: Add your command handler code here
> >  int count=0;
> >  char buffer[10000];
> >  CString str;str="jeev";
> >
> >  CFileDialog dlg(true,".txt","jeevan");
> >  int x= dlg.DoModal();
> >     str=dlg.GetFileName();
> >    if(!f.Open(str,CFile::modeRead))
> >   CJeevanDlg::OnCancel();
> >  f.Read(buffer,sizeof(buffer));
> >  int p=f.GetLength();
> >  UpdateData(false);
> >  buffer[p]=NULL;
> >  m_value=buffer[p];
> >     m_ctrl.SetWindowText(buffer);
> >

> > }
> >
> > This is my code for my open menu.I find it difficult to find the error
..If
> > you can find the error.Please do help
> >
> > Jeevan
> > "Johan Rosengren" <johan.rosengren@telia.com> wrote in message
> > > Jeevan,
> > >
> > > When you get an asserion, the assertion box gives you the option to
> break
> > > into the program at the asserting line. Do this - more often than not,
> > > comment or the code itself gives enough info on what the problem is.
> > >
> > > If this is not the case, do not assume that we are mindreaders! Copy
the
> > > line of code at the assertion and post it here.
> > >
> > > Johan Rosengren
> > > Abstrakt Mekanik AB
> > >
> > > "Jeevan" <fenn_j@rediffmail.com> a �crit dans le message de
> the
> > advance.

> > hard

> > your
> > the
> > flags

> > CFileDialog
> dialog.And
> > > once
> > > edit

0
fenn_j1 (27)

Dual Displays

Renaming file
Hello all, Hope this is the right group and someone can help me further. I have a mainly VBA question but it is (should be...) a part of my access DB utility. I would like to create a Sub to rename a file in a windows directory. I know that in a directory there in a file which has a part '_SB' on in the name, I would like to rename this file to lets say Test_SB.PDF. Before the rename action, I will check if the file expected it there (FileExists). I cant figure out using fso how to get the full name of the file containing the '_SB' (maybe like FirstTest_SB.ASC) and then...

Folder could not be displayed

Maximum File Size #2
What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EC7732CE-8678-426A-8400-0836D87D80D8@microsoft.com... > What is the maximum recommended file size for an Excel workbook? ...

open excel file
i have problem with a excel file. the file is not to big. its has 5 tabs only. and when i click on to one of the "tabs" the excel gives me a error message as "not reponding". and this happens with this particular tab only. any help "Rohit" wrote: > i have problem with a excel file. the file is not to big. its has 5 tabs > only. and when i click on to one of the "tabs" the excel gives me a error > message as "not reponding". and this happens with this particular tab only. > > any help Try looking at thi...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

HELP! Splitting a 200mg+ file into smaller files
I starting putting together a very large family journal in MS Publisher 2002. I am now at a file size over 200MG and am less then 10% complete with the project. I can not find a way to split the file into "chapters" of smaller units. Is it possible? Can I have 20 or 30 files that link together and act as one? Where can I find information out on this subject? Jim If I were faced with this project I'd create a pub file for each chapter then make each chapter a pdf file and then join the pdf files into one file. I use Publisher 2000 so it would require me to open two Publ...

Huge file size
I have a excel file that has all of a sudden grown to a huge size 19,278,336 . It is stock market data with a worksheet for each year of data (1968 to 2004). So 35 worksheets. For years it has always run about 1.8 meg. Just this year it has all of a sudden grown with no real difference in the data I add each day. Each row has 9 columns of data advances, declines, etc. There are 21 columns that make calculations based on the preceding 9 columns. But years 1968 - 2003 just have data, not formulas. I converted the cells to numbers from formulas. And I had several charts, but I de...

file attachment #4
Could anyone suggest how to override the setting that I have in Outlook Express? I try to send a file attachment with my emails and it deletes them when I send the email out. It says OE has deleted the file just in case it has a bug in it.Akkkk! any help would be appreciated. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Trouble Opening WMV File
Running Win XP SP3. Have Corel's (Intervideo) WIN DVD 8 installed, and have this as my program of choice in the Folders entry in control panel as the program to always open WMV programs. When I point to a WMV program and pick play or open, I get a message "File xxx is not a valid Win32 Program." and an abort. However, if I launch WinDVD 8, and have the program point to the file, it opens and plays it perfectly every time. Do I have an error in my system somewhere? Thanks in advance for any help. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Running Win XP SP3....

Publisher 2003 files
I have file I created in Publisher 2003. Can I read them and edit them in Publisher 2007? yep -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Russbe" <Russbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21FB024-C659-410D-AD40-D3D1137129F6@microsoft.com... > I have file I created in Publisher 2003. Can I read them and edit them in > Publisher 2007? ...

attching files in outlook 2007
hello, if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get options to insert or insert as text. in previous versions there was an option to insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available? I am using outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed. Thanks in advance for any help. Taffy B "TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D958C4-B54B-4127-BB93-F414AD3D9A68@microsoft.com... > hello, > if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get > options > to insert or insert as text. in pre...

Stop displaying a line

Macro to import from a binary file and convert to hex
Excel 97. I have a macro that imports hex and stores the data in a column. Can this be done with a binary file? Import from a binary file and convert to hex and store it in a column? ...

Eseutil /MH Log files
Hi, I'm setting up an Exchange Restore Server and I want to Restore my Full Exchange DB backup from tape, and the Transaction Logs to the restore server. Running ESEUTIL /MH against my restored from tape full backup indicates the priv1.edb file is: 1. Dirty Shutdown state 2. Naming of the Needed log files don't match. It Says Log Required: 18325-18325 I have: Logs: E0004794 thru E00049DA .....Any Suggestions or Ideas on what to do next? Thx -tom D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA>"D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN\eseutil" /mh pu b1.edb M...

File Search Excel 2003
I am looking at the File Menu/FileSearch command. I am aware the Property field refers to many of the properties of a file but the default is Text or Property and I dont quite understand what this means and how it differs from contents? thanks property means any thing in any proprties in File, Properties box. "shaz" <shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D46E41-4D7D-45F6-96DB-7F326CA8F0AB@microsoft.com... |I am looking at the File Menu/FileSearch command. I am aware the Property | field refers to many of the properties of a file but the defau...

Converting files for double-click in Office 2008
Hi All, As most of you probably know by now, in the Service release 1 for Office 2008, Microsoft decided to prevent files with old file types to open through a double-click or a drag and drop (and don't know why and that's not the point here). There is a workaround to open these files. MS recommends that you use the Open dialog from within Office applications. If you have hundreds of old files affected with this problem, that's hardly a decent solution. You can batch-wipe out the creator code of your files as well. If you do so, the Finder will then exclusively rely on t...

header file
Hello how can i send the events to any Exe (made in vc), if i have the header file. E.g If i have Mediaplayer.exe and header file for the same . How Can i control the functions of Play , stop , start. I need to load the application from command line. Below is the header file for the exe. /* mediaplayer.h */ /* Menue File */ #define IDC_CAPTURE_DLG 100 #define IDC_PLAYER_DLG 101 #define IDC_PLAY 102 #define IDC_TIMER_DLG 103 #define IDC_STATION_DLG 104 #define IDC_LOADSETG 105 #define IDC_SAVESETG 106 #define IDC_SAVESETGAS 107 #define IDC_EXIT 108 /* Menue VfW */ #define IDC_SOURCE_DLG 1...