Display text with Unicode format (ex: Chinese) on controls written by VC6.0

Hi all,

We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode
format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese

Idea?

Thanks.

0
duy.trinh (99)
11/15/2006 11:40:11 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode
>format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese

With VC6 you can build a debug (or release) Unicode project that when
run on a proper Unicode platform (like XP) should be able to display
Chinese or Japanese texts (providing the font you're using has the
characters).

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2061)
11/15/2006 12:02:29 PM
Tittle bar, menu, button can display text with Unicode format when i build a
debug Unicode project? We can use fonts as Arial, Times New Roman ... for
those controls?

"David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message
> >We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with
Unicode
> >format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese
>
> With VC6 you can build a debug (or release) Unicode project that when
> run on a proper Unicode platform (like XP) should be able to display
> Chinese or Japanese texts (providing the font you're using has the
> characters).
>
> Dave

0
duy.trinh (99)
11/15/2006 12:42:05 PM
I don't think Arial has Chinese.  I would use something like MS Gothic or
another font that contains the Asian characters.

In order to actually see Chinese characters you will have to set up your
system to be running as a Chinese locale using the Regional Settings in
Control Panel.  You'll also want to install the Asian fonts (a checkbox in
that same program).  To see all of the MFC pop-up menus in Chinese you will
actually have to either install a Chinese version of the MFC resources or be
running on a real Chinese install of Windows with native Chinese running.
In other words, the resources that are in your RC file will be translated,
but those screens that come from MFC (like CFileOpen) will not be translated
unless you have the translated MFC bits.

Typically (and most easily done) the languages except the default are placed
in satellite DLLs and one of them is loaded at run time based on the locale.

Here are a couple of articles to check out:

http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/mult_lang_support.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/tips/internationalization.asp
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/8fkteez0(VS.80).aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198846

Tom

"Duy Trinh (Mr.)" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote in message
> Tittle bar, menu, button can display text with Unicode format when i build
> debug Unicode project? We can use fonts as Arial, Times New Roman ... for
> those controls?
>
> "David Lowndes" <DavidL@example.invalid> wrote in message
>> >We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with
> Unicode
>> >format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese
>>
>> With VC6 you can build a debug (or release) Unicode project that when
>> run on a proper Unicode platform (like XP) should be able to display
>> Chinese or Japanese texts (providing the font you're using has the
>> characters).
>>
>> Dave

0
tserface (3861)
11/15/2006 2:54:04 PM
Yes, there is no problem.  Of course, you have to have a font selected which actually
contains the Japanese characters you want to display (not all fonts have all characters).

My "Locale Explorer" is written in VS6 and displays characters from a variety of
languages.
				joe

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:40:11 +0700, "Duy Trinh \(Mr.\)" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>We can write a project with Debug-Unicode mode and display text with Unicode
>format? Ex: Chinese or Japanese
>
>Idea?
>
>Thanks.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15979)

Dual Displays

Copying a format that has been conditionally formated
How do I cut and paste a formula picking up it's own values if the cell has been conditionally formatted. In example, c3 is to highligh in red/bold if it's value is lower than c29 (the value of the same info from year prior). It worked for that cell but I want to copy the formula for the rest of the 500+ cells so that d3 also read from d29, etc. HELP!! What, exactly, is the condition you set? I'm guessing it's something like 'formula is' =($C$3<$C$29). If you use relative cell references, =(C3<C29), rather than the absolute references, then you should ...

Updating GP 10.0 to SP2 genericPath error
I am trying to update a GP10.0 installation to the latest and greatest. When I launch the MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB952789-v10-ENU.msp package, it starts working, then comes up with this error: Specified argument was out of the range if valid values. Parameter name: genericPath. When I click "OK" the install terminates. Any ideas? I am doing a test install and had some problems so I am starting over. When trying to unistall, I am getting the same error message. I have v10 sp3? KB955679. It won't let me uninstall or do a repair install. "Wes VanAlstyne" wrote: >...

Vba code cannot select text pasted from .txt file
The data I'm working with is from a .txt file which was created by exporting a .pdf to a text file. I copy all of the text from the .txt file and paste it into a column in Excel. When trying to reference any column, row, or range on the sheet with the pasted text, I get the following error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error. Sample code: Sheets("Sheet5").Select ' <this works fine Columns("A:A").Select ' <this gets the error I've tried pasting the text with other paste special options. I'v...

Folder could not be displayed

Keep Source Formatting
I know this topic's been raised before, but it doesn't seem like it's been recently addressed. Has Microsoft fixed their bug in which ppt allows us to make 'keep source formatting' our default? Any info would be great. Thanks ...

Converting Revisions to Text
I have two word files. I do a comparison of the two files. I would like to convert the comparison result into a file where the revisions are actual text and formatting. For example, I would like the deletions to become text with strikethrough, not text marked as a deletion displayed with a strikethough. I need this to export to another application. Is there any simple way to do this? ...

How to select & display distinct values

grey text box
Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill basically. Deanna wrote: > Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill > basically. See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Conditional Formatting
I need to change the fill color based on the values of other cells. Ex. if A1 is not a null value and the cell I want to format A2 is a null then I need A2 to have a red fill color and a certain text. If A2 isn't a null then it should turn green. If A1 and A2 have null values then A2 should be yellow. So just to sum up A1<>"" and A2 ="" then Make A2=Red Fill Color + text A1<>"" and A2 <>"" then A2=Green Fill Color A1="" and A2 ="" then A2=Yellow Fill Color Thanks for the help all. What version of Ex...

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Converting number to text

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series

Minimum requirement for CRM 3.0 installation
Hi, What is the minimum requirement for CRM 3.0 installation? I've download the CRM 3.0 beta release, & trying to install the server. but it is fail. Thanks Hi. Alphonse. You can find this in the Implementation Guide which is part of the download. Regards J�rgen "Alphonse" <Alphonse@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D3479E7-FAE1-4E61-BC47-828429A95006@microsoft.com... > Hi, > What is the minimum requirement for CRM 3.0 installation? I've download > the > CRM 3.0 beta release, & trying to install the server. but it is fa...

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Retrieve Meeting Response Text Associated with an Appointment
How do I retrieve the text of meeting responses associated with an appointment? I have redeveloped a macro which produces a word document listing the meeting response status of invitees to an appointment. I would like, for those who declined, to include the body of the meeting response (ie., where the invitee has chosen to "Edit response before sending." While the Meeting Response Status is a Recipient property, the text of the response is not. Any ideas? I'm including the macro below: Public Sub PrintAttendees() ' Gather data from an opened appointment ...