Display text, Position indicator bar, and color control in Progress bar in VC++6 MFC?

Dear All,

I am building a progress bar in VC++6 MFC, how can I dispaly text
information on it? Can I control it for only displaying a narrow bar
indicator at the position rathern than dispalying a band bar from the
begining to the current position? Also, can I easily control its bar and
background color?

Many thanks,

0
breezexuyc (12)
5/1/2006 9:38:00 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Here is how to do text display on progress control.

http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/text_progressctrl.asp

Here are some custom ones
http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/ccylinderprogresscontrol.asp

Find all kind of examples here
http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/#Progress+Controls

AliR.

"Yuchun Xu" <breezexuyc@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I am building a progress bar in VC++6 MFC, how can I dispaly text
> information on it? Can I control it for only displaying a narrow bar
> indicator at the position rathern than dispalying a band bar from the
> begining to the current position? Also, can I easily control its bar and
> background color?
>
> Many thanks,

0
AliR3470 (3235)
5/1/2006 9:54:05 PM
The smaple to do text display on progress control seems to be a version of
VC.net, I could not run it in VC6. Have you got this sample in VC6?

"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message
> Here is how to do text display on progress control.
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/text_progressctrl.asp
>
> Here are some custom ones
> http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/ccylinderprogresscontrol.asp
>
> Find all kind of examples here
> http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/#Progress+Controls
>
> AliR.
>
> "Yuchun Xu" <breezexuyc@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am building a progress bar in VC++6 MFC, how can I dispaly text
>> information on it? Can I control it for only displaying a narrow bar
>> indicator at the position rathern than dispalying a band bar from the
>> begining to the current position? Also, can I easily control its bar and
>> background color?
>>
>> Many thanks,

0
y.xu (14)

Dual Displays

bar graphs that are have bars joined together
I just cannot seem to get this to happen. Instead of a space between each piece of data I want the bar to look more solid in connection. I have hours in 15 minute incements over a 24 hour period eg.A2:10, and say the date in B1. In each B2 down to B10 there may be counts 1 in B2, 1 in B3, 3 in B4, 2 in B5 as the 15 minutes tick by. I would then have say counts of how many occassions along the 15 minute increments I had crews active in a graphical manner not unlike the 'area' type graph BUT square Cheers Mike I think this might be what you're looking for. Right click on t...

Ivy color scheme
Greetings Can anyone tell me the colors (hex values) used in the ivy color scheme in publisher? I do not have publisher. Thanks Albatross I don't have the hex values but I did do the work for the RGB numbers. (I'm kinda surprised I'd do this much work for something this strange.) If you don't have Publisher, how do you know about the Ivy scheme? If it was through an acquaintance, why not ask the friend? Main - black Accent 1: R-51, G-102, B-0 Accent 2: R-204, G-204, B-153 Accent 3: R-214, G-224, B-214 Accent 4: R-204, G-204, B-204 Hyperlink: R-51, G-153, B-0 Followed link:...

Vba code cannot select text pasted from .txt file
The data I'm working with is from a .txt file which was created by exporting a .pdf to a text file. I copy all of the text from the .txt file and paste it into a column in Excel. When trying to reference any column, row, or range on the sheet with the pasted text, I get the following error: Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error. Sample code: Sheets("Sheet5").Select ' <this works fine Columns("A:A").Select ' <this gets the error I've tried pasting the text with other paste special options. I'v...

Folder could not be displayed

Combining a regular bar chart and stacked bar chart
Hi, I have 2 y-axis data series and years for the x-axis. For each year I have side-by-side bars for the 2 different data series. For one specific year, I would like to have stacked bars. I want to combine data from the first half of the year and the second half of the year to create one bar for each data series, with the 2 portions of the data making up each bar as a different colors. Is this possible? Please help me ASAP as this is for a publication at work. Thanks. The first link on this page gives an example of the data arrangement you need to achieve this visual effect: http://pe...

Converting Revisions to Text
I have two word files. I do a comparison of the two files. I would like to convert the comparison result into a file where the revisions are actual text and formatting. For example, I would like the deletions to become text with strikethrough, not text marked as a deletion displayed with a strikethough. I need this to export to another application. Is there any simple way to do this? ...

Adding JPG image to resource Changes its color
Hi, I have tried to add the JPG images to the resource script. but when I export this images back it gives image with less color. Why So? I need to have JPG images with the application, I do not wish to have relative path ? Please let me know the possible solution for this Thanks Anup The Visual Studio IDE doesn't display graphics correctly if they have more than 256 colors or the pallette is non-standard. You can still use them, you just can't modify them or display them in the IDE. You need to import the graphic items rather than using something like cut and paste to ad...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

Driver for "Generic Color PS for Commercial Printing" in Publisher 2003 and Win 7, X64
Hello Listis, until last week I used with Publisher 2003 under WIN XP, X32 with the Postscript Printer as above mentioned. Now I have WIN 7, X64 installed but it isn't possible to install the Printer "Generic Color PS for Commercial Printing" with MSCOL11.INF. How can i install this printer or a similar printer? Thanks Josef ...

How to select & display distinct values

grey text box
Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill basically. Deanna wrote: > Need help adding the grey box to a document to click and fill > basically. See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Display Time in Outlook

Hiding columns #6
Can I hide 5 consecutive columns (X to AA) depending on the content in another cell (Hide if Y2=4, display otherwise) without using conditional formatting. I tried and made everything white but then the comments remain. Any ideas? You'd have to use a worksheet_change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim HideRng As Range Set HideRng = Me.[X:AA] With Target If .Address <> "$Y$2" Then Exit Sub If .Value = 4 Then HideRng.EntireColumn.Hidden = True End If End With End Sub --- Right-click on the worksheet tab, click on "Vi...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Deleting Investments for closed positions
I recently discovered that it's possible to delete old investments (closed positions). One advantage to doing this is that the "Best and worst performers" on the home page will then only show current open positions. To me that's an advantage because I don't really care how a closed position is performing. I've confirmed that deleting the closed investments does not impact the actual transactions. The buys, sells, dividends, etc are still in the account. Are there any disadvantages to doing this that I haven't considered? Thanks. Jeff On Feb 3, 10:59 am, &...

Converting number to text

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series