disabling restore control

hi
i have a problem that in my mdi form when i open a child form in
maximized state it has restore control button and i want to disable
that button whan the form has opened up so that client can not restore
the mdi child form can any body help me

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ajay posted this for you earlier, but in case that one scrolled off:

Try something like:

CMenu *pMenu = pYourChildFrame->GetSystemMenu(FALSE);
pMenu->DeleteMenu(SC_RESTORE,MF_BYCOMMAND);

Tom

"Muhammad Ahsin Saleem" <ahsin.saleem@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi
> i have a problem that in my mdi form when i open a child form in
> maximized state it has restore control button and i want to disable
> that button whan the form has opened up so that client can not restore
> the mdi child form can any body help me

0
tserface (3860)

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

restoring outlook after rebuild
I need to reload windows xp and all applications including MS Outlook. ie clean build. Once installed I need to configure Outlook with inbox, sent items, user accounts etc as prior to rebuild so I don't loose anything. The PC is used by four Windows accounts so I will need to restore data for all of these. However I'm struggling to identify the correct procedure for this, does Outlook contain the various export/import or backup/restore facilities to enable this? Is it better to use a third party product? Please could someone advise. TIA I used the XP File & Settings Tra...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

Internet Traffic Control Software ?
I find that whenever I download stuff from the Internet, my browser (no matter IE 8 or Firefox) is not able to connect to the Internet (Get error message like: Network is not available). A fellow has suggested me to use an Internet Traffic Control Software to set different priority to download and web browsing. I would like to seek your advice for such product. If it is possible, it will be great if it is a free-ware. Thanks Thats unlikely to help How is your PC connected, wireless, router, adsl? Can you browse the web ok? Is it only downloading where the problem occurs?...

Using activex control in SDI application
Hi all, I have a problem using activex control in doc/view architecture. compiler is VC6 SP6. I created a simple SDI application and in the last step of MFC AppWizard, I selected the base class as CFormView. Now, in the project, I placed standard controls on the dialog, it worked fine. When on the same dialog, I placed an activex control ( MS ADO control and the MSHFlexGrid Control for database access and operations), the compiler gives errors with all the wrapper files that were added during activex control insertion into the project. Each wrapper file with .cpp extension has the same erro...

control textboxes keep changing size
Hi, I've got several control-based textboxes in my worksheet but everytime the user clicks in out of them more than 5 or so times then the textboxes either change size, font size or just mess up the formating of the page completely. What is going on here and is there a fix? I really hope there is because otherwise I've wasted 6 hours setting up this spreadsheet. :) James I had that problem (xl'03) and it turned out to be changing the screen resolution while the wb was open. I'd click on a button and it would expand (and keep on growing every time I clicked it. The only w...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

tab control issue
I have a form which represents an incoming truck. On this form I have a subform which represents the items on that truck, which can give me several subforms for each form. On that subform I have a tab control with four tabs (Bulk Corn, Bulk Oil, Bulk Flour and Bulk Masa). My question is, when I fill out a form/subform for Bulk Flour and fill out the tab control for this item, how do I get that tab to remain on top for that record instead of defaulting back to the top tab when I leave that record and come back? In other words, keep the tab that goes with each record on top. I hope s...

Activex Control Deployment
Hi Guys, I'm currently trying to deploy an mfc based activex control over the web. If i create a new MFC activex control project and touch nothing, I still can't get the control to install over the web. I have given IE all the permissions it needs (i.e. download unsigned activex controls etc) but it still doesn't work. As a matter of elliminattion I have tried all of the class id's from the idl file. If I set the codebase tage to just the control name it works fine on my pc. However, as sson as I set the codebase tag to download it from the web - i receive all of t...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...

the database doesn't admit Activex control
Hi, Using Access2007 enterprise, I try to add the mscomm32.ocx control to an Access form but the app rejects this action showing a message like: "the database doesn't admit this Activex control" (i'm using other language) Before to install Access2007 enterprise, this Activex control worked fine and it has been correctly registereed. Thanks a lot in advance, Luis ...

Disabling users from deleting item in their inbox
Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from doing so. Or is there a way to disable the empty deleted items? thanks Frank frank@interconnectnetworks.com <frank@interconnectnetworks.com> wrote: > Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting > email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are > not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from > doing so. Or...

Simple question? Ultimate Grid Control
This should be fairly straight-forward. I hope I ask the question clearly. If not, feel free to chastise me for it. :) I have an MFC application. In the CMainFrm class I respond to menu events. In the DocView class, I created a grid control using the Ultimate Grid Control from CodeProject. By the way, it's a really cool tool. My simple question: "What is the best way to access the grid control (created in the CDocView class, from the CMainFrm class?" Have I done something fundamentally wrong by structuring my program this way? Thanks in advance. For what you want to do ...

Can I map to controls that haven't been created yet?
I am working on an app that adds edit controls dynamically. Is there a way I can map to the EN_CHANGE handler of the new control so that once it is created I can process the notifications? I tried manually adding it to the DDX, but that caused an ASSERT calling it an unsupported operation. Mkennedy1102 wrote: > I am working on an app that adds edit controls dynamically. Is there a way I > can map to the EN_CHANGE handler of the new control so that once it is > created I can process the notifications? I tried manually adding it to the > DDX, but that caused an ASSERT cal...