Directory attributes

What code do I use to change directory attributes?

--
Steve Wolstenholme     Neural Planner Software

http://www.easynn.com
0
steve (110)
8/31/2006 5:45:50 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> What code do I use to change directory attributes?

Look at the code for this sample:

http://www.codeproject.com/file/cfilemanip.asp

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/31/2006 5:53:23 PM
Take a look at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/fs/setfileattributes.asp

Tom

<steve@tropheus.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> What code do I use to change directory attributes?
>
> --
> Steve Wolstenholme     Neural Planner Software
>
> EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks.
> http://www.easynn.com

0
tserface (3860)
8/31/2006 6:33:48 PM
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:33:48 -0700, "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com>
wrote:

>Take a look at:
>
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/fs/setfileattributes.asp
>
>Tom

I use SetFileAttributes already on files. The help in VS2005 doesn't
mention directories but the MSDN article does.

Thanks

--
Steve Wolstenholme     Neural Planner Software

http://www.easynn.com
0
steve (110)
8/31/2006 9:51:59 PM
It works for both.   I hope this is a good solution for you.

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:33:48 -0700, "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Take a look at:
>>
>>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/fs/setfileattributes.asp
>>
>>Tom
>>

> I use SetFileAttributes already on files. The help in VS2005 doesn't
> mention directories but the MSDN article does.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Steve Wolstenholme     Neural Planner Software
>
> EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks.
> http://www.easynn.com

0
tserface (3860)

Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controlle
Hi , I am trying to use deployment Manager to upgrade trial license but whenever i am running Deployment Manager i get error Unable to obtain DNS hostname of Active Directory domain controller, I am using Full Domain Admin right for CRM Admin user, i done repair install without any issue but still having the same error, CRM server and SQL databases are install on the same server. There is no firewall installed. The server details are the following, Server = 2003 R2 SQL 2005 with SP2 CRM Server 4 Thanks Shakil Error on Deployment Manager. Server stack trace: at System.Directory...

Active Directory problems
I tried to create a new user for a new member of staff and up until now it has been fine but now I create the account using active directories and users but when I login to set this new users outlook it cannot find the name and it looks like it has not created it at all but when creating this user it said it would also create an exchange mailbox but it didn't. PLEASE HELP!!! See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "hannab2005" <hannab2005@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:600BAAAF-CF9B-4E77-A459-87D1BCDC8D92@microsoft.co...

LPAD Directory
I just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and the LPAD Directory with user name/password comes up and user name says Null. Why does this do this. I have been pressing cancel. I have received but am having trouble sending mail. Any ideas how to bypass the LPAD thing. Are you using an LDAP directory for address lookup? If not, then use the Tools-Email accounts-Directories-View or Change to delete this option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out r...

Toubles with installing Security Groups for Active Directory
I have tried to run through the setup installation for CRM 3.0 on our Windows 2003 server, which hosts our Domain Controller. I am logged in as a Domain Administrator. I get an error during the prerequite setup, explaining that the security groups do not exist or have not be created. I thought that the setup would create the security groups. I have tried everything and don't know where I am going wrong. I have looked at article number 908984, and have tried to create a new config_precreate.xml file to work off and have even created the security groups at the root level of our a...

Using Reporting Services with Active Directory
Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? I can seem to find one. thanks OriginalStealth Can you explain what are you trying to achive? "OriginalStealth" <OriginalStealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512AC6B9-8FBC-42AC-A57D-94071C1AAED9@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a link to a good document that explains how to do this? > I > can seem to find one. > > thanks ...

Serialization
I am serializing a class I have and do not want any attributes in the root. Here is what I have so far. [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRootAttribute("configuration", Namespace="", IsNullable=false )] public class ShoppingList { .... } which yields this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - <configuration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> How do I get rid of the "xmlns:xsd" and the "xmlns:xsi". Also, I would like to get rid of the ...

Global Address Book as a Company Directory
My users are screaming for a company directory (name, location, phones, manager, reports to, etc). When viewing the Global Address Book there is no way to get anything meaningful from this list. You cannot sort, and by default it is displayed by name. What can I do to make the data from the Global Address Book have a more meaningful and useful purpose? And please don't point me to SharePoint, we've tried it and well ... let's just not go there. You will need to evaluate the 3rd party app space......see http://www.webactivedirectory.com/ for one possibility. "ia...

Parsing directories
Thank you to all who helped with the "Select Directory" dialog. I'm now faced with a new problem that I should have forseen. How do I get all of the file names in this directory (where the path is represented as a CString)? Sorry if this isn't an MFC question. Thanks, -Mike- Look at the splitpath function. AliR. "Debaser" <guest@unknown.com> wrote in message news:hg9k11h2r2fv64rrsfghp1f40vm6al0cb5@4ax.com... > Thank you to all who helped with the "Select Directory" dialog. I'm > now faced with a new problem that I should have forseen. ...

Messages awaiting directory lookup
Hi PLEASE assit. We are running a mixed 2003 and 2000 domain and exchange environment. I have two DC's per site, and one GC per site, all are operational and are working. However, messages are queuing in the "awaiting directory lookup" queue in exchange. I ahve rebuilt the GC, the DNS is responding correctly, but this is happening and there is nothing else in the eventlog. All SP's and hotfixes have been applied... Please assist http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-%20us;823489&Product=exch2k On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 03:59:15 -0700, "scott" &...

ScanPst have run time attributes?
Does ScanPST have attributes you can put after scanpst.exe. Such as file to scan and to run repair automatically after detection finishes, without having to hit enter. My PST is large and would like to have it run during the night. Nope. The program takes no command line parameters or switches and requires the user to enter the name of the .pst file that requires "fixing". There is at least one commercial alternative, "Advanced Outlook Repair" by DataNumen, Inc. I have no experience with this product but it advertises that it supports command line parameter...

Application Directory (Proj Directory)
NOBODY posted a link to an FTP example that I'm currently looking at. This is it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175179/EN-US/ The file to download and extract files from is VBFTP.exe. I extracted these files into a folder called VBFTP. I then opened the project from within that directory and attempted to run the program. It comes up with an error '53' that 'open.bmp' cannot be found. When I look in the directory, it is right there. The code is below. It stops at... Set imgI = ImageList1.ListImages.Add(, "open", LoadPicture("open...

Exchange 5.5 Advance Properties, Directory name field question.
I have a user that has a username which is "asdf01", this username works throughout the domain while signed in at work. When the user is at home connected from her home pc. She goes to our email website to retieve her email. She is not able too.... When researching this users account I found that she has a second username "asdf02" in the Advance Properties tab, Directory Name. I'm not able to change this field, it is greyed with the users name. In the users active directory account, thier is no sign if this second username. My question is: What is this ...

Supressing default namespace attributes?
I am creating an XML document, using XmlDocument and its related classes. The root element declares a default namespace and an XSI namespace. Here is my problem: The serializer is assigning a default namespace attribute (xmlns="") to all the other elements of the document. This is causing the document to be rejected as invalid by third-party software that needs to load the document. Is there a way to supress the default namespace attribute on the document's elements? I know I could strip it out of the document later using a string function, but I would rather prevent it f...

Active Directory & LDAP Directory
Import a list of email from ATT and cannot get rid of Active Directory. When I compose a new message and go to retrieve a address I receive the popup message "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)". Getting on my nerves. Any idea's. I tried everything and even Detect and Repair via the Help. If you don't connect to a LDAP you can remove it by going into Tools > Email Accounts > view or change existing directories or address books > highlight the LDAP and remove. "Bernie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E7244EB-B...

User deleted from active directory
All, Client deleted crm user in AD. Now, trying to reassign leads to any other crm from the crm user who's AD object was deleted causes an effor referencing that it can't find an object in AD... hmmmmm. Any suggestions appreciated. thanx The following KB article explains the issue and how to get a hotfix that fixes the problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=835319 Jagan Peri Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "joem" wrote: > All, > > Client deleted crm...

Awaiting Directory lookup
Dear Colleagues, Urgently i need your help! My mail is queued into my exchange 2003 awaiting directory lookup forever, mails sent and mail recived are trapped into this queue! I've enabled extensive logging onMS transport and DSaccess and fond no indicationof a problem, what do you thing is the reason for that? Regards, WMO Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=awaiting+directory+lookup&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=PHRASE&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&mode=a&x=14&y=4 WM...

Directory Structure
On my Exchange server (Exchange 2K3), there are a couple of directories that I would like to delete the contents of. The directories are in the following path: C:\program files\Exchsrvr\mailroot\vsi 1\old_badmail & badmail. Can I delete the contents of those two folders without messing my Exchange server up in any way? Regards and Thanks in Advance for Your Help. David On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:53:12 -0400, "Dave" <noone@nope.com> wrote: >On my Exchange server (Exchange 2K3), there are a couple of directories that >I would like to delete the contents of. The di...

Accessing LDAP directory from Exchange 5.5
Hi, we are running Exchange 5.5 and want to offer an external LDAP address book to our users in addition to the standard Exchange global address book. Has anyone done this before? I'm looking for suggestions on the best method to do this. The best solution would be that users wouldn't have to do anything (Exchange would do all the work). Any suggestions are appreciated! Anyone done this? On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:02:08 -0500, dap99@i-55.com wrote: >Hi, we are running Exchange 5.5 and want to offer an external LDAP >address book to our users in addition to the standard Exchange...

Checking the directory
Hi I have an executable which is kept in a particular directory.In C ++ how do we check whether the directory in which the user is similar to the EXE's directory...........This has to be used in UNIX O Is there any function in C++ to cross check whether the dir is same as that defined by me .,.. As far as I know there is no platform-independent method of checking directory equivalence, especially in Unix where there are hard links and soft links that can really confuse things. And I have no idea what you mean by "similar to". They are either the same directory or different di...

Synch users in BP with active directory
A client posted the following suggestion. When a name change is made in active directory, it does not sync with Requisition Management. So when we do a name change, we have to delete the old name out of RM and manually create a new one and do the same thing in the approval hierarchy. It would be nice if this synced with RM all the way down so we only have to do it once. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do...

macro to move from directory to directory
I am writing/recording a macro to make changes in 64 different spreadsheets in 64 different folders on a network. I am just learning vba. I don't know how to tell Excel to move through the 64 folders, test for the spreadsheet to be sure it's there, then make changes. Any suggestions? TIA Dave I would use a worksheet to help out. In A2:A65, I'd put the 64 folders to check. In B1, I'd put the filename to look for. Then something like this: Option Explicit Sub testme2() Dim myRng As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim myFileName As String Dim TestStr As String ...

moving Directory trees to existing directories
I am running outlook 2007 sp2 on windows xp 32 bit system and I'm wondering if there is a way to do this. We migrated from groupwise to MS Exchange 2007 about 6 months ago and most of us are still new to Outlook 2007. I have a user that has 2 large directory trees and we will call them Old and New. The old Directory tree contains a lot of folders and emails from Groupwise and the new Directory tree contains a mixed amount of emails from groupwise and recent emails from exchange. And Both Email structures have folders with the exact same names. Is there a way they can comb...

Open to default directory in Excel
Hello All, Thanks for all of the help, I really do appreciate it. I just have one more question. The following macro below allows me to import a text file into an existing excel spredsheet. Is it also possible for it to default to a specific directory to look for the text file. I am still fairly new to writing macros in excel and for that matter VBA and I really do appreciate it. '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Sub ImportTextFile(FName As String, Sep As String) Dim RowNdx As Integer Dim ColNdx As Integer Dim TempVal As Var...

Directory Design
I am starting to create a new directory and need some guidiance as to how and where to start my data design, that will allow me to place the data in a certain order specifically by alpha order.The first would by Chapter, second Regional, Third the persons last name etc. Then later I will be adding new names. How should I start with designing my data? So here is what my expected outcome should display following the merge Chapter, Region, Last name, First name etc... The applications that I have are Word, Excel and Publisher 2003 Thanks, Amy Use the catalog merge. Directories are easy...

Active Directory Container
Our organization created a new container under the root of the domain and named it Deleted Users. The thought was to move all users that were terminated to this location for a month, disable the accounts, then a month or so later delete the accounts. The intention was to avoid the OOPS when a user was accidentally terminated and we needed to assign the mailbox to other users. We changed the default time to keep the mailbox alive from 30 days to one day. Why? Because, using Veritas backup, we get a failed backup message if the mailbox exists but the user doesn't. We could drill dow...