Different CTabCtrl behavior/appearance under .NET 02 and 05

Hi, folks. I'm porting a Mac program to Windows via MFC (glad to see
some people are still using it!). It's tedious but doable. I started my
port using an old C++.Net Standard 2002 I had. I figured I should put
out the $ for the full 2005 version, but now have the 90-trial version.

Anyway, I've noticed something that I haven't figured out how to deal
with. In the old Visual C++.NET I get nice XP (I assume) behavior and
appearance for my CTabCtrl's. That means XP look (a little orange on
the top edge of the selected tab) and behavior (defaults to "hot
tracking" evidently). My radio buttons behave similarly. That is what I
want. But under the new version the same project yields "old fashioned"
Windows tab controls and radio buttons. The Manifest (which I know
nothing about) is the same in both cases. Is there some way to change
this default behavior? I'm assuming I'll want to go to the new version.
The debugging facility looks much to be much improved (more info, not
prone to lose track of where in the code you really are).

Can someone tell me please what magic default I need to change?

TIA.

0
estes (9)
9/2/2006 12:09:59 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Anyway, I've noticed something that I haven't figured out how to deal
>with. In the old Visual C++.NET I get nice XP (I assume) behavior and
>appearance for my CTabCtrl's. That means XP look (a little orange on
>the top edge of the selected tab) and behavior (defaults to "hot
>tracking" evidently). My radio buttons behave similarly. That is what I
>want. But under the new version the same project yields "old fashioned"
>Windows tab controls and radio buttons. The Manifest (which I know
>nothing about) is the same in both cases.

Later versions of VS try to prevent the manifest being used if you're
not doing a Unicode build (V6 common controls are not "supported" for
non-Unicode apps).

If you open the EXE in VS (to view the resources), is the manifest
there?

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
9/2/2006 8:21:18 AM
David Lowndes wrote:
> Later versions of VS try to prevent the manifest being used if you're
> not doing a Unicode build (V6 common controls are not "supported" for
> non-Unicode apps).
>
> If you open the EXE in VS (to view the resources), is the manifest
> there?
>
> Dave

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the manifest is there.

0
estes (9)
9/2/2006 12:54:27 PM
>Thanks for the reply. Yes, the manifest is there.

In that case then, I don't know why it's not working for you.

You specifically mentioned tab and radio button controls as being a
problem. Are other controls (such as push buttons) correctly displayed
with the XP themed appearance?

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
9/2/2006 9:57:18 PM
David Lowndes wrote:
> >Thanks for the reply. Yes, the manifest is there.
>
> In that case then, I don't know why it's not working for you.
>
> You specifically mentioned tab and radio button controls as being a
> problem. Are other controls (such as push buttons) correctly displayed
> with the XP themed appearance?

All the controls behave diifferently. Under the 2002 Vis Studio they
hot track; under 2005 they don't. As well as generally looking
different. I have to think there is some default I need to change for
2005, but I haven't come up with one.

To be clear, the manifest doesn't say XP theme, just "Common-Controls
version = 6.0.0.0.0".

Bob Estes

0
estes (9)

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Email Messages Appear in Wrong Sender's Envelope
Message from Sender A will appear in the envelope of Sender B and C etc. This happens after the first message has been viewed. Happens haphazardly. Windows XP, SP3, Outlook Express 6 Huh? What do you mean by "envelope" here? dusty boots wrote: > Message from Sender A will appear in the envelope of Sender B and C etc. > This happens after the first message has been viewed. Happens haphazardly. > > Windows XP, SP3, Outlook Express 6 ...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Money 05 small business to 06?
Hi, I have money05 small business version. I would like to downgrade to premium. When I have done the same from 04 to 05 I have file corruption that made me stick with 05 small business. ANy idea if I can do this with 06 version. In microsoft.public.money, alexasha wrote: >Hi, I have money05 small business version. I would like to downgrade to >premium. When I have done the same from 04 to 05 I have file corruption that >made me stick with 05 small business. ANy idea if I can do this with 06 >version. Make a copy of your file, install the downloadable trial, convert the co...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

AP Invoicing on Net Quantities
Hi, Right now GP doesn't have the capability of flagging a user (A/P) that item(s) were returned after it was received. When a user goes to enter the invoice, GP defaults to the items that were received and doesn't warn the user that the quantity has changed. Unless the user runs a Smartlist everyday to identify what has been returned against any PO, there is no way of knowing and this adds to more time consumption. Give the ability to see or flag the user that items have been returned and have the option to enter the invoice for the full received quantity or the net quantity...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Hello 05-08-10
How are you today Fair to middling... Thanks for asking. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "bsltk" <bsltk@att.net> wrote in message news:ejB$nFr7KHA.5412@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How are you today ...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

interoperation using COM from .NET with OptionalParameter
Hi! I have this simple main Console program. If I use row marked with 2 below it work but if I use row marked 1 I get runtime exception saying COMException was undandled. Exception HRESULT: OptionalParameter. The reason for this it that I can't send null as parameter value to a COM function. I mean normally it would be perfectly legal to send null values instead of a real object so why is it not valid in this case ? class Program { private static Object OptionalParameter = Type.Missing; static void Main(string[] args) { Application newExcelApp = new ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

word 7 05-14-10
i try to uninstall word 7 after it appears it does not load and it says does not support the language on my system, then if i try to reinstall using the disk without uninstalling the old one it says error...when trying to install then a close box..no other options please help Huh? "mommyav" <mommyav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF1BF2F6-5A74-48BE-9EA4-578D2B2F7C0D@microsoft.com... :i try to uninstall word 7 after it appears it does not load and it says does : not support the language on my system, then if i try to reinstall using the : disk...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

www.263.net
www.263.net�������塢���ơ����죡 ̫���ˣ� ni jiu shi wo! "zjz97" <zjz97@msn.com> wrote in message news:u#$DA4A3DHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > www.263.net�������塢���ơ����죡 > ̫���ˣ� > > �԰� "zjz97" <zjz_97@msn.com> wrote in message news:uWinczi5DHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > ni jiu shi wo! > "zjz97" <zjz97@msn.com> wrote in message > news:u#$DA4A3DHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > www.263.net�������塢���ơ����죡 > > ̫���ˣ� > > > > > > ...

Difference 05-21-04
What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? -Johnny Johnny wrote: > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > -Johnny Does it have anything to do with Outlook integration? -- - I am Johnny! Your Internet penpal. I have a scooter, how about you? "Johnny" <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evfBJNwPEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Johnny wrote: > > > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > > > -Johnny > Does it have anything to do with Outlook inte...

POS behavior/program flow around posting transaction
I'm debugging an add-in, and I'm seeing what I think is strange behavior from POS (2.0114). What I'm seeing happens on my development box AND a "clean" register (has no add-in code of any kind present). It happens regardless of if the transaction is completed/tendered, or if the cashier does an F8/No Sale, or if they hit 'ESC' to cancel the transaction (same as F8, in theory). When "completing" a transaction, here's what happens: - Enter tender, click 'Ok' (or hit F8 and confirm the cancel) - Post Transaction window/Change display is ...

Compare and Merge Two different CRM Instances
We have two different CRM environments that we want to merge into one. My first step was to try and compare the different instances to see what the different were between them. I exported all of the customizations from each and performed a diff. Yuck. Since the customizations don't export the elements in the same order it looks like their are over 7,000 differences between the two files. Reality says that at best there may be 50-100. Is there any way to get these to output in the same order so that I can get a more realistic diff between them? The only other thought I have at this po...

divs are different in different browsers

MFC, XML, C++ .NET Help.....
All, I have a question that I am trying to solve and I am not a 100% sure what direction I should take. Here is my problem - I have a MFC application that will be compiled using the Visual C++ .Net 2003 Compiler that is unmanaged (meaning no ..Net framework). The application scraps a single small xml string from a http page. I want to parse this xml string out to be used in the application. My issue is I am unsure what tool I should use to do the parsing of the XML string. I have thought about CString and parsing out by hand but powers from above want this to be more robust for possible &quo...