Dialog to select a folder path similar to CFileDialog

There are some dialog to select a folder path similar to CFileDialog.

With CFileDialog we can select a file. But I want select a folder.

Tks.
Rui
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Rui Oliveira" <RuiOliveira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are some dialog to select a folder path similar to CFileDialog.
>
> With CFileDialog we can select a file. But I want select a folder.

SHBrowseForFolder?

Seriously tedious to use mind.

--
Tim Ward

tw2 (223)
2/28/2007 2:08:56 PM
Have a look here:
http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/dislog/dialogforselectingfolders/article.php/c1883/
http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/XFolderDialog.asp
(or search in Google for: CFileDialog folder)

Eric

"Rui Oliveira" <RuiOliveira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are some dialog to select a folder path similar to CFileDialog.
>
> With CFileDialog we can select a file. But I want select a folder.
>
> Tks.
> Rui

0
bauersachs (33)
2/28/2007 2:17:55 PM
"Tim Ward" <tw2@ipaccess.com> wrote in message
> SHBrowseForFolder?
>
> Seriously tedious to use mind.

The old style one was very difficult, but I like the new style one which
allows folders to be created, the dialog to be resized, etc.

-- David (MVP)

0
dc2983 (3206)

Dialogs
Hi Is there any arguments to I can add to the statement below for the dialogue's "Look in:" to default to a specific folder? Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Is there any arguments to I can add to the statement >below for the dialogue's "Look in:" to default to a >specific folder? > >Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show > > >Thanks. >. > You can try FileFilter = FileFilter + "Look in: name of directory,," ...

Automatic selecting and sharing of data accross worksheets
Imagine this is Sheet 1 NAME EYES JOB TRAN. EYES ---------------------------------------------- John blue doctor car blond Sarah green nurse bike brown Dave brown doctor walk grey Mike blue nurse car blonde I would like Excel to automatically select all rows/info of doctors and copy it to Sheet 2. So sheet 2 would be: NAME EYES JOB TRAN. EYES ---------------------------------------------- John blue doctor car blond Dave brown doctor walk grey P...

Links in Outlook 2003 open Save As... dialog box
I'm not sure exactly when this started happening. Whenever I click a link in Outlook 2003 now, it opens the Save As... dialog box as well as the Website connected to the link. It doesn't matter what type of link it is; the dialog always shows up with the .exe file type selected. Any ideas? Does it oen the Save As dialog or does it open the Locate Link Browser dialog? In case of the last direct it to iexplore.exe -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "S...

How to Move Two Dialogs at Once
Hello, One of my work's project specifications is to allow users to move two Dialog boxes together so when a user moves one box, the other one moves together with the first. This is what I am trying to do: 1) Create OnMove() event //Import a function to create a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg(); //Import a function to move a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg2(int x, int y); void CSvg::OnMove(int x, int y) { //Detect if a user selected two-dialogs move option if (m_attach) { ...

Multiple checkbox selections
I created a temp table bound to a form in datasheet view. The idea was to create a way for users to select the one item from the Left column and multiple items on column 2. Column A Column B Fruit Apples Meats Oranges Carbs Steak Potato Chicken Bread When I create a checkbox for Column A and Column B, when one is selected, all becomes selected. 2 Issues; one is there a way to not use temp table, two how to deal with the checkbox in a ...

Dialog form Linked To Report
I have created a dialog form, on this form I select the company name from the dropdown list. when a company name is selected, then the report should be generated. presently I have a button on the form when i click on it the macro is set to propt the dialog where i have to type the name of the company, if the company name is wrong the report opens with no values, if the company name is right then I get the report. whereas what i want is insted of button I should have the List Box with company names. Which I have created. But am stuck linking this form with the report Name &q...

Outlook 2003
Hi. I have a PC running Windows 2000 and Outlook 2003. It is connecting to a SBS 2003 running Exchange 2003. On this particular PC, when I try to create a new subfolder anywhere in the exchange mailbox (under inbox, sent items, anywhere), I get this message: unable to create new folder. However, I can create all the new folders I'd like in this same users archive file which is stored locally. I can also create new folders in the exchange mailbox, if I use the exchange web client. This seems to point to a problem with Outlook. I tried running the reinstall/repair, but that...

Select a formula / range from Excel drop down suggestions
As we enter a formula in a cell, Excel finds matches of what is being written comparing it to (all) formulas and ranges of the current workbook and displays them in a drop down box just beneath the cell. Can someone please tell me if there is a key combination that inserts the currently selected list item in the formula being written and save me the trouble of writing the whole thing by hand?? If you click the "fx" function button instead, then you can follow prompting that guides you through completing the formula. If you're typing a formula normally (not using t...

Dialog on Dialog?
Hello, Following up from a request several days ago regarding frames, I would like to ask for a little assistance on actually implimenting it! I have creating my 2 dialog templates, both have a class associated with them already. I have added an object of the kind i wish to make child of the main dialog, but I can not figure out how to go from here with rgeards to actually creating it. Could someone give me some indication pleasE? - MR MR, You will now want to investigate creating modeless dialogs. CDialog::Create is the call you use for this. Add a member variable of one of the s...

How to show icon for a dialog.
Hi, I am adding a simple dialog to my aplication. This dialog is not having any customized code..I want to add my custom icon for that dialog. i mean whenever the dialog is shown it should display 16 X 16 icon in the titlebar.. so, how to do that ? Jigar In OnInitDialog method of your dialog box class load the icon using ::LoadIcon(..) and the call the dialog box's SetIcon(..) method. AliR. "Jigar Mehta" <jigar.programmer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141156992.695173.29930@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am adding a simple dialog to my aplic...

Macro for selecting specifc rows of a worksheet
I am interested in getting a macro that will find specific text in column A of a spreadsheet and then highlight that row and the three rows following, for every occurrence of the specific text so that these rows can be copied into a new sheet.Just to be clear if the particular text is found in column A in rows 10 then 75 then 150, I want rows 10-13, 75-78 and 150-153 all highlight so that they can be copied to another sheet. Can anyone help. for instance, if the text is "toto" and the range to search is range("A1:A65536") With Range("A1:A65536") Set c =3D ....

Select Min Query
Hello, I first off want to say thank you to all those who post on this site. I am not very experienced in Access and the advice and direction offered here is top notch! I have been handed a database that has well data in it. There is a table called Wells which has the following fields: Well_ID Well_Name Well_Location I also have another table called Well_Data. This table contains the well data (specific descriptions of items/materials encountered down the well) for each well. Each well can have numerous well data entries. The two tables are joined on Well_ID. Here are...

my emails just disappeared from my SENT ITEMS folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange no warning. no nothing. just gone. <br> how do i get my sent items back? this also happened to another user on our network. stephensnyder@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: Exchange no warning. no nothing. just gone. > how do i get my sent items back? this also happened to another user on > our network. Are you sure you're looking in the Sent items folder under your Exc...

OL2002 Doesn't Display Folder Contents
Suddenly one of my MS Outlook 2002 folders appears to be empty yet it reports more than 100 files contained in the folder. All of the email stored there just disappeared from view. If unread email is dropped in the folder there is an increment change and an indication that unread mail is present. However, nothing is visible. None of the mail in this folder has been deleted...it just fails to display. Filtering is off. All other folders display contents correctly. This is on an Exchange Server system. One other hint...When the folder is highlighted I can choose "select all" from the...

CFileDialog #5
Hello all: I'm trying to force CFileDialog to show only monospaced fonts, or perhaps it is fixed pitch where an i is considered to be as wide as a w which is as wide as all the other characters in the font. When I set the fixed pitch flag or provide a LOGFONT with a fixed pitch and tell the dialog to base it off of the given font, it always says no fonts are installed and tells me to install them through the control panel. Clearly this is not the case as the font is being used. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you, Dan ...

Tracking users who post to public folders
Hello all, I am running Exchange 5.5. Does anyone know if there is a way to find out who created a post to a public folder? We have an issue where users are posting calendar events for other people without their permission in a public calendar. These posts are being used to inform the whole office that user X was late today, or did not show up for work yesterday. These are serious issues and we need to address them since some of the posts may be wrong. If any one has a solution or a direction to point me in I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Barry Rosier On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:35:30 ...

Field Type Mismatch on select
I have an input field (InputFieldA) that a user can type either a location# (alphanumeric - could be all numeric) or zipcode (numeric). I have the following select: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA I would like to just do something simple to select the information regardlesss of whether they type in location# or zip. I thought something like this would work: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA or zipcode = InputFieldA This works if the field is a zipcode (numeric) but not if it contains characters because it fails with a mis match on field type. (The ...

Modal dialog box question
Hi, I've created a dialog called InfoWindow. Previously I had called it like so: c_InfoWindow = new InfoWindow(); c_InfoWindow->Create(InfoWindow::IDD, this); c_InfoWindow->SetWindowPos(NULL, r, t, w, h, SWP_NOZORDER); c_InfoWindow->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); Now I want to create it as a Modal dialog, but I can't work out how to set it's size / position at runtime. InfoWindow IW(); // somehow set properties here (SetWindowPos gives runtime error) IW.DoModal(); Hi, Could you try to pass some variables to InfoWindow before calling its DoModal()? For example: MyDlg dlg; ...

Public Folder Permissions #34
I have a mail enabled Global Security group assigned owner rights for client access to a public folder, but the users in this group can not access the resource. What am I missing? Also, are there any limitations on using groups in a hierarchy? On Mar 5, 8:47 am, raymond.skel...@administar.net wrote: > I have a mail enabled Global Security group assigned owner rights for > client access to a public folder, but the users in this group can not > access the resource. What am I missing? > > Also, are there any limitations on using groups in a hierarchy? You might check the securi...

renaming Outlook crm folders
Hi, Has anyone been able to rename the crm folders in outlook and keep then renamed? They just change back when you go online again. I guess the server synchronizes everything with the server and just takes over the names from the server. Is there a way to work around this? changing the isv.config.xsd on the client pc maybe? Thx ...

Dynamic creation of owner-drawn button inside a dialog
Hi some months ago I created a owner-drawn button class that works really fine when assigning this class to a resource id via a DDX member variable. But now we want to reuse this class for dynamic creation of a button control inside the OnInitDialog member funtion of a dialog. Creating the control like that MyButton.CreateNULL,NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW,CRec t(0,0,100,100),this,2); seems to be OK. But the button never appeared inside the dialog. DrawItem of the button class is never called. So what may be missing? Thanks in advance Bernd How have you declared My...

Outlook '02 Network Password Dialog box
Help! I have recently added 1 additional email account to my outlook. Now everytime the email checks for messages I get a dialog box with "Enter Network Password". It comes up in the middle of the screen no matter what I am doing. I have clicked on "Save this password in your password list" box but it continues to come up everytime. Is there a way to get rid of this box? Thank you. Kris ...

Any way to move XLStart folder?
I'd like to move my XLStart folder (excel 2003). Is there anyway to do this? Maybe a registry setting? You could use Tools | Options | General and enter path in "At start up, open all fines in " box. Then move/copy all your stat up files to that folder I think all files in XLSTART also get opened best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "John" <soundneedle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cf16546b-ad78-4f33-a865-1c92623f453a@q30g2000prq.googlegroups.com... > I'd like to move my XLStart f...

Common dialog not registered
When trying to load the common dialog tool I get the message 'not registered' why is this and how do I register? Hi, As the message says that control isn't licensed for use in Excel except 'as I understand' in the Developer edition. I believe this performs a similar function fname = Application.GetOpenfileName(.... Mike "Cash" wrote: > When trying to load the common dialog tool I get the message 'not registered' > why is this and how do I register? ...

Populate textbox form selection on combo box
Hi I am new to code I have a query that a unbound combo box is bassed on. The 4th colunm is the Ingredient ID that I would like to write to textbox Ingredient_Id I have tried Tom Lake's sugestion Private Sub Combo12_AfterUpdate() Me![Ingredient_Id] = Me![Combo12].Column3 End Sub But I get Object doesn't support this porperty or method, and I do not understand what it means. What does the "me" mean? Thank you Esrei "Me!" refers to the form in which the code is being written and I don't think it is really necessary. I think it should be: ...