Dialog Box Active

hi...

I'm creating a Chap Application.
But the chat box(Dialog Box) at CLient Site is not getting Active ,
I'm using the SetFocus( ) API ,SetActiveWindow() API..
but not Working

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If the Chat Box is the main window of the application then try this

SetForegroundWindow();
BringWindowToTop();
SetActiveWindow();

AliR.

"Anis Khalife" <anis.khalife@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi...
>
> I'm creating a Chap Application.
> But the chat box(Dialog Box) at CLient Site is not getting Active ,
> I'm using the SetFocus( ) API ,SetActiveWindow() API..
> but not Working

0
AliR3470 (3235)
1/5/2006 6:04:36 PM
DialogBOx is a child  Window...
When the dialog box is shown it is not active ....i'm using the Above
API
but it is not working, but if i put the focus on the controls, the
controls are getting the focus(i.e the text box)
Every timei have to Activate using the mouse event manually

adding a border to a text box in word
Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the border is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is whole document, how can i add apply to text box?? Select the box and look for things about "Outlines" rather than "Borders." (Version of Word?) On Feb 20, 11:38=A0pm, Arch <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the bor= der > is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is w= hole > document, how ca...

Outlook 2007 Contacts, Activities tab
Hi, I just found the Activities button for Outlook contacts. It would be really cool, but for me it's incredibly slow, much slower than when I do a search for that person using Windows Search. Do you know if contacts-activities uses -- or can be configured to use -- Windows Search? Thanks, Doug -- hanhartd http://forums.slipstick.com No, it can't. Generally speaking, once it does the search its much faster for at least the next few days. Because you're searching in a window, you can go work on other things in Outlook while the search completes. -- D...

Dialogs
Hi Is there any arguments to I can add to the statement below for the dialogue's "Look in:" to default to a specific folder? Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Is there any arguments to I can add to the statement >below for the dialogue's "Look in:" to default to a >specific folder? > >Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show > > >Thanks. >. > You can try FileFilter = FileFilter + "Look in: name of directory,," ...

Creat mail box delegation
Am trying to find a way to delegate the right to create mailboxes on a Exchange 2003 server. I know that if I grand the user read only rights on the exchange ORG and give them write permissions on users attributes as per KB:316792 this will work just fine. The problem is that I only want to grand the user the right to create a mail box on only one information store and not all. Is there a way I can grand a user the right to create mail boxes on only one information store?? Thanks in advance for your help ...

Activity Attachemnt upload error
Hi I am trying to upload a tiff image file to CRM server what I do is first write code to create attachment but i get error the url is http://success/_common/error/uploadFailure.aspx?hr=0x80070057 so it seems I have been authenticated by the server but something else is worng creating the upload error ,,,,,, Microsoft CRM Alert: File Upload Failure There was a problem while attempting to upload the requested file. Check the file path an --------------------------------------------------------------------what I do is first write code to create attachment public static void CreateFaxActivi...

Links in Outlook 2003 open Save As... dialog box
I'm not sure exactly when this started happening. Whenever I click a link in Outlook 2003 now, it opens the Save As... dialog box as well as the Website connected to the link. It doesn't matter what type of link it is; the dialog always shows up with the .exe file type selected. Any ideas? Does it oen the Save As dialog or does it open the Locate Link Browser dialog? In case of the last direct it to iexplore.exe -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "S...

How to Move Two Dialogs at Once
Hello, One of my work's project specifications is to allow users to move two Dialog boxes together so when a user moves one box, the other one moves together with the first. This is what I am trying to do: 1) Create OnMove() event //Import a function to create a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg(); //Import a function to move a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg2(int x, int y); void CSvg::OnMove(int x, int y) { //Detect if a user selected two-dialogs move option if (m_attach) { ...

Dialog form Linked To Report
I have created a dialog form, on this form I select the company name from the dropdown list. when a company name is selected, then the report should be generated. presently I have a button on the form when i click on it the macro is set to propt the dialog where i have to type the name of the company, if the company name is wrong the report opens with no values, if the company name is right then I get the report. whereas what i want is insted of button I should have the List Box with company names. Which I have created. But am stuck linking this form with the report Name &q...

Access 2007 and combo box
Has anyone successfully created a form with combo boxes that autocomplete in access 2007?! I'm pretty familiar with access, but cannot get combos to autocomplete in 07. When i first add the combo, it does autocomplete. HOWEVER, once I restart access, the combo autocomplete stops completely. Anyone else having this issue?? I'm using Visa and Access 2007. I've tried using MDB and ACCDB formats with same results. So frustrating....thinking of just going back to Access 2003. John, I'm not aware of this bug. What's the RowSource for the combo? Could you try adding DISTINCT ...

Clearing List Boxes
I am working on a project in which one list box will populate the nex through vlookups. The only problem is that if you change one of th boxes previous to another it does not clear them therefore they contai false values. Any ideas on how to make the boxes clear when selectin any of the previous boxes -- Kevin Willhoi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kevin Willhoit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2441 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38012 Hi I don't know! But I can...

Highlite on the check boxes
Hi, I am running into a strange problem. The check boxes in my dialog box does not show the dotted lines when the focus is on them. but if hit space bar, then it is checked. I have put this in a frame. Is there anything extra that I hv to do? rgds subhash ...

Dialog on Dialog?
Hello, Following up from a request several days ago regarding frames, I would like to ask for a little assistance on actually implimenting it! I have creating my 2 dialog templates, both have a class associated with them already. I have added an object of the kind i wish to make child of the main dialog, but I can not figure out how to go from here with rgeards to actually creating it. Could someone give me some indication pleasE? - MR MR, You will now want to investigate creating modeless dialogs. CDialog::Create is the call you use for this. Add a member variable of one of the s...

Modal dialog box question
Hi, I've created a dialog called InfoWindow. Previously I had called it like so: c_InfoWindow = new InfoWindow(); c_InfoWindow->Create(InfoWindow::IDD, this); c_InfoWindow->SetWindowPos(NULL, r, t, w, h, SWP_NOZORDER); c_InfoWindow->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); Now I want to create it as a Modal dialog, but I can't work out how to set it's size / position at runtime. InfoWindow IW(); // somehow set properties here (SetWindowPos gives runtime error) IW.DoModal(); Hi, Could you try to pass some variables to InfoWindow before calling its DoModal()? For example: MyDlg dlg; ...

Combo Box Problem 02-29-08
Hi I have a combo box on one of my forms to select a users name from a table called Users. On the form, for visual information only, I want to see some other information about the user contained in the same table - Users. I have used the following in an unbound text control on the form to show this: =[UserName].Column(1) This works fine and shows the data as expected from the next column in the Users table. However, when I do the same for the next column using =[UserName].Column(2), try as I might nothing shows, despite the fact that there is data in that column. This also applies to ...

Can you activate a free text code from Navision in the header in W
(Word 2003) In my work I have programmed a lot of documents. In this connection I have programmed my documents to retrieve data from Navision in certain situations. (eg, date, customer number, etc.). My problem is that these data codes are located in the header and will not be activated. How do I activate them? btw, It works fine in normal text. The problem occurs when I type in the header "Rasmus" wrote: > (Word 2003) > > In my work I have programmed a lot of documents. In this connection I have > programmed my documents to retrieve data from Navisi...

Service Activity Form Customization Problem
I am having problems customizing a form in CRM 3.0 and would appreciate any assistance. When customizing the Service Activity Form ("The main application form") a field called "Regarding" exists under the Details section. It is possible to align accounts, contacts, cases etc in this field. I am trying to add a field that forces the users to align the Service Activities with an existing Case via a lookup and not give the user options for accounts, contacts etc. How do I add the selection box for the existing cases? My gut tells me that I need to create a new relationshi...

How to fix position of comment boxes
In Excel 2002 and with multiple horizontal pages any open comment boxes will move their positions from where dragged if there is any subsequent change to the layout. This typically is not seen until the document is printed or reopened. As an example I have a four page wide spreadsheet with cell comments on the right hand page. I drag these open comment boxes to a clear area on the same page. I then might make a change such as changing the print area or hiding a column. On reopening the file the comment boxes have shot to the extreme left hand page although still are line connected ...

How to show icon for a dialog.
Hi, I am adding a simple dialog to my aplication. This dialog is not having any customized code..I want to add my custom icon for that dialog. i mean whenever the dialog is shown it should display 16 X 16 icon in the titlebar.. so, how to do that ? Jigar In OnInitDialog method of your dialog box class load the icon using ::LoadIcon(..) and the call the dialog box's SetIcon(..) method. AliR. "Jigar Mehta" <jigar.programmer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141156992.695173.29930@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am adding a simple dialog to my aplic...

No labels with text boxes
When I use the toolbox to create a textbox in my form, I no longer get the labels for the captions along with them. They stopped automatically appearing with the text box. Where did they go and how do I get them back? I've seen this when the default of the control is re-set to not include the label control. First, set up a control the way you want it (i.e., a textbox control with an associated label control -- if you aren't sure how to, post back). Then, with the control highlighted (in design view), select <Format | Set Control Default...> to tell Access to use the s...

Common dialog not registered
When trying to load the common dialog tool I get the message 'not registered' why is this and how do I register? Hi, As the message says that control isn't licensed for use in Excel except 'as I understand' in the Developer edition. I believe this performs a similar function fname = Application.GetOpenfileName(.... Mike "Cash" wrote: > When trying to load the common dialog tool I get the message 'not registered' > why is this and how do I register? ...

Outlook '02 Network Password Dialog box
Help! I have recently added 1 additional email account to my outlook. Now everytime the email checks for messages I get a dialog box with "Enter Network Password". It comes up in the middle of the screen no matter what I am doing. I have clicked on "Save this password in your password list" box but it continues to come up everytime. Is there a way to get rid of this box? Thank you. Kris ...

Dynamic creation of owner-drawn button inside a dialog
Hi some months ago I created a owner-drawn button class that works really fine when assigning this class to a resource id via a DDX member variable. But now we want to reuse this class for dynamic creation of a button control inside the OnInitDialog member funtion of a dialog. Creating the control like that MyButton.CreateNULL,NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW,CRec t(0,0,100,100),this,2); seems to be OK. But the button never appeared inside the dialog. DrawItem of the button class is never called. So what may be missing? Thanks in advance Bernd How have you declared My...

Populate textbox form selection on combo box
Hi I am new to code I have a query that a unbound combo box is bassed on. The 4th colunm is the Ingredient ID that I would like to write to textbox Ingredient_Id I have tried Tom Lake's sugestion Private Sub Combo12_AfterUpdate() Me![Ingredient_Id] = Me![Combo12].Column3 End Sub But I get Object doesn't support this porperty or method, and I do not understand what it means. What does the "me" mean? Thank you Esrei "Me!" refers to the form in which the code is being written and I don't think it is really necessary. I think it should be: ...

Text Box with words splitting onto two lines
I have a text box in publisher with a lots of text but it splits up words onto two lines Eg It is a very sun- ny day today is there a way to stop it so it puting words on 2 lines Thanks S.Dickson@shos.co.uk wrote: > is there a way to stop it so it puting words on 2 lines For the current text box: Tools > Language > Hyphenation For all new text boxes: Tools > Options -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Activity Rollup from custom entity
I assumed that when a custom entity was created and then a Relationship created - eg. to Account, where Account is the parent, then the activities created under the custom entity would be visible directly under the Account - Like they are if you create acrivities under an Acocunt Contact for instance. This seems not to be the case. Can anyone confirm? ...