Detecting connected modems

Hi,

 How do I detect what modems are connected to the system?
 I believe there should be some TAPI APIs available, but am
 not sure. I also need the properties of the modem, like name,
 type, etc.

TIA,
SD
0
SD (74)
8/29/2005 4:19:05 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What you need to do is call lineInitialize or lineInitializeEx, this call
returns the number of devices avaliable to you.  The device ids are 0 based
to the number it returned - 1.  then you can call lineGetDevCaps to get
information about the line

take a look at this for some help

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcecomm5/html/wce50conresourceinventoryandversionnegotiation.asp

AliR.

"SD" <SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>  How do I detect what modems are connected to the system?
>  I believe there should be some TAPI APIs available, but am
>  not sure. I also need the properties of the modem, like name,
>  type, etc.
>
> TIA,
> SD

0
AliR3470 (3235)

ADC and connection agreement between E55 and E2K3
Hi, I have setup my ADC Connection Agreement(CA) between my E55 and E2K3, and I notice that the CA had created a list of disabled windows user accounts in my W2K3 Aactive Directory in the format of ADC_XXXXXXXX So, when I start to move my mailboxes from E55 to E2K3, Do I need to find the corresponding ADC_XXXXXX user accounts that mapped to the E2K3 mailboxes ? If you don't understand what I am talking about, I have taken some screen shots and can see them through the following link. "Screen shots were taken from DC" http://members.iinet.net.au/~sazabi75/1.jpg http://members....

How to detect changes in a column?
If I have a table with sales forecast data (columns) like Customer, Amount and Status, what would be the best way to track changes in this table so I can compare my forecast week after week? -- inomata ------------------------------------------------------------------------ inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18938 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493571 ...

MultiWorkbook Change Event Detection / Spell Checker
Excel 2003 or 2007. Looking to be able to force spell checking whenever any cell content is is changed. I've been successful on a single workbooks by adding Spell Check execution on Worksheet_Change. I'm hoping to take this one step further - make it an 'Add-In' so the check will run for any workbook. It looks like the Worksheet_Change event only triggers for the host workbook so an 'Add-in' will not do the job. Any suggestions to force spell checking on a change for any workbook/worksheet I modifiy? TIA, - Pat The way I would go about this i...

Outlook Is Not Connecting To Hotmail Server
My Outlook is not connecting to the Hotmail server. What could be causing this issue? Here is the detailed report: Outlook Hotmail Connector Version 14.0.4760.1000 Session timed out. Automatically re-signed in at 6/3/2010 7:33:15 PM Mail: Error at 7:33 PM. Calendar: Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 7:33 PM. ...

Unable to connect to routing master on port 25
or so says the Exchange best practices analysis tool. It takes me to http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/6fa17f7e-2cce-4b87-8903-cbcce84fe9b9.mspx If I do the following from this work station: telnet x.x.x.x 25 it comes back with: Connecting To x.x.x.x...Could not open connection to the host, on port 25: Connect failed We are getting emails just fine. If I try to connect to port 25 on the server itself - from a console, it works. There are no firewalls inside the LAN that would prevent this. Windows 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP1. This is the only error in the ...

detect and repair
my outlook 2002 had some hyperlink problems which were corrected when i used the 'detect and repair' option in help. now i have lost my addresses and all the e-mail that was in my inbox. How do i recover these items? Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Mark Conner" <mdconner@prodigy.net> wrote ...

Form
I have a form that uses an underlying query as it's data source. When I click the drop down box that selects which record to go to, I get a data connection box that asks me for a username/password. If I sign in as the user and go directly to the underlying tables and query, I can open them without issue. Is there something in the drop down combo box that needs additional security settings? Chris ...

Duplicate detection detecting inactive records?
Is there any way to configure duplicate detection to not look at inactive records? I can't find any way to set this on the rules. Thank you! ...

SQL Server Drops connection after long timeout with replication partner
Hello, I have both SQL server 2005 that have replication set-up between eachother. It seems that when my site-to-site VPN drops for a medium period (such as 1hr, 2hr) bothe servers no longer respond to client connections. Restarting the "SQL server Browser" service on both machines instantly resolves the problem. Extra info: Both servers reside in their own site with in each site 2DC (1 GC per site + 1 DC) Is there a way of solving this issue ? -- Guillaume Coign� MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSA Messaging Cafe.be Marksesteenweg 35 8500 Kortrijk Mob: +32 (0) 496162...

How to Detect and prevent CD burn
HI, How can i stop to CD burn of any file from my system to CD.How to detect the event of CD burn and how can i stop CD burn.Basically i want to secure my file from CD burn. plz reply soon. regds vinay sheel vinays@aditi.com Vinay wrote: > HI, > How can i stop to CD burn of any file from my system to CD.How to detect the > event of CD burn and how can i stop CD burn.Basically i want to secure my > file from CD burn. You can restrict access to a file only to a certain users through NT/win200 access privileges. You can encrypt a file and therefore restrict access to a file on...

My Computer not detecting my external harddrive
I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port. The problem is the hard drive partitions are not shown up in My computer. But My Computer->Manage->Storage->Disk management shows the hard drive with 3 partitions and all the three are healthy.I know there are a few bad sectors. I am sure I have not made any changes in registry that prevents drives from being shown. Please help me. Do the partitions have drive letters assigned? karthikaravind wrote: > I have a IDE hard drive with USB casing and connected to my USB port. > The problem is the ha...

cannot connect to pop3 server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001D_01CAE585.CAD88900 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001E_01CAE585.CAD88900" ------=_NextPart_001_001E_01CAE585.CAD88900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ------=_NextPart_001_001E_01CAE585.CAD88900 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML>...

GUID is not detected by server .& cannot go offline...SFO.
why is the server not detecting the GUID attached to the subject line of email...what could be the problem... Also i am not able to go offline ..I get an error Domain canot be contacted or does not exist... Any sugestions... Thanks a million. ...

Connection between window and callback
Hello Experts! I have one easy question for you. Assume you have an application with two windows. In these two windows you have one button in each saying "hello window1" when pushing the button in one of the windows and ""hello window2" when pushing the button in the other window. Now to my question. Do you have only one callback routine in which you find out what type of event that occurred. I'm reading in a book something that sound strange and that is the following "Normally, for each window there is a function, the callback to be called in respons...

Connect to Excel file to import data
Hello, I have a vba code that will import the data from the excel file. I open the excel file,import it and close it. But I think I have the problem with closing it.The VBA works fine, but when I reopen the excel file from the file inself, it says something about the Read Only, Notify...... Here is my code Function ImportBidData(FileName As String) Set excel = CreateObject("excel.Application") excel.workbooks.Open (FileName) DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "tbl_Temp_Quote1", FileName, False, "Quote1Direct" e...

Mic not detected
I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently realized that it apparently cut off the mic and I cannot record anything. I can still hear cd's.etc. I did not discover this until I tried to send a video message to my son who just got deployed to Iraq. Dell customer support has been useless thus far. Thanks for any suggestions as to how to fix this problem. On May 17, 11:51=A0am, "andy jones" <jandy78...@aol.com> wrote: > I upgraded from Vista to W7 when it first came out. I have just recently > realized that it apparently cut...

RMS Connection
Is it possible to tie CRM to the RMS database so that all changes are shared? Also, how do you import customer and product data from RMS to CRM? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Dear Tony, Do you want to import this data once or on a regular basis, including updates? If you do a single import you can use the data migration toolkit for MSCRM which can be found on one of the CD's. If you need to do an import on a regular basis you will have to create a process which will import this data through the Platform layer of CRM. We have used Microsoft BizTalk for this in a pro...

Cannot detect previous login you need to run frontstep crm at least once
We have a user who was on extended leave for a few months and now when ever he opens up outlook 2000 sr-1 on his computer (Windows 98se) he gets a message that "Cannot detect previous login you need to run frontstep crm at least once. Front step outlook extension will be disabled for current outlook session." When I say OK you get another message that "The add-in "psExcExt.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by useing detect and repair in the help menu. Unable to load "psExcExt.dll" you may be out of memory or out ...

Outlook will not connect
I have just purchased a new HP computer with Vista and also Office 2007. I cannot get Outlook to work. Upon clicking on the icon I get a blue page with the message “The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.” Then a popup asking for server and mailbox info. I have filled this in and pressed ok. I get a message- “Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Users\Joseph\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.ost is not a offline folder file.” I can get no help online or anywhere else. Can you help? Many thanks, Jo...

Trying to connect Windows 7 home to SBS 2008
I'm attempting to connect my laptop to our Small Business Server and am getting this error message- Verify computer requirements- Unsuccessful. This computer does not meet the requirements necessary to connect to the network. Before you can continue, you must resolve the following issues: Supported Operating System Configuration Not Found To join your computer to the Windows Small Business Server network using the Connect Computer program, you must be running the Windows XP operating system SP2 or later, or the Windows Vista operating system. I know that the other users on...

detecting which control has focus
I have an application that I am writing and I need to be able to detect which control has focus (I am using edit controls). I figured out how to set the focus by creating a member control variable and using the setfocus() function, but how do detect which control has focus? There is a getfocus() in the control member variable, but I have been unsuccessful in using it? I am using the PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) function to detect when the Return key is pressed and then I automatically go the the next edit control, but I want to do different code depending on which Edit control has focus a...

How to connect windows mobile v5 to a remote access 97 database?
anyone know how I can connect windows mobile v5 to a remote access 97 database? is there a windows mobile OLE provider driver? would I have to use ODBC? can I link access 97 tables to the mobile sql server? any help will be appreciated! ...

Connection string, avoiding the use of ODBC
I have an application I deploy that makes a number of internal SQL calls for all sorts of purposes. In order to isolate the connection, I used a global CONST, cnn, that reads: "ODBC;Database=testing;UID=;PWD=;DSN=SQL Server" The problem with this approach is that it requires me to set up a SQL Server DNS on every new machine. Since the hardware guys are there at odd hours, this invariably leaves new machines without a link in the morning. Reading over the excellent wiki article on MDAC suggests that this isn't really the way to do this anyway, and that I should be using ...

Record is locked (deadlock was detected)
when trying to run a CM Transaction I get "A get/change next operation on table 'CM_Transaction' deadlock was detected. when I click on more details i am given the following. [microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Transaction (process ID 77) was deadlocked on thread | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Return the transaction. currently I have ensured that no one is logged in. I view the odb.dex_lock table in the tempDB and cleared it. At this point I can run a reconciliation with no errors where I ...

Exchange connection filter monitoring
I've enabled the connection filter on my Exchange server (Exchange 2003 SP2), and configured it to use an RBL (xbl.spamhaus.org). It seems to be working well -- the number of viruses that make it to the virus scanner on the Exchange server has dropped dramatically. My question is: is there a performance monitor counter to show me the number of connections blocked by the connection filter? Or is there some other way to get that informaion? I poked around for a while looking at the various Exchange-related counters (there sure are a lot of them), and Google'd a bit, with no luck....