Destructor not getting called

The CWinApp Derived App object's destructor doesn't gets called when the MFC
app terminates. Any MFC specific stuff that needs ti be done to make this
happen?

Thanks
Vipin

0
vipin (697)
9/4/2005 10:18:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

My bad, does get called.

"Vipin" <Vipin@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The CWinApp Derived App object's destructor doesn't gets called when the
MFC
> app terminates. Any MFC specific stuff that needs ti be done to make this
> happen?
>
> Thanks
> Vipin

0
vipin (697)
9/4/2005 10:43:06 AM
"Vipin" <Vipin@nospam.com> wrote in message
> The CWinApp Derived App object's destructor doesn't gets called when the
> MFC
> app terminates. Any MFC specific stuff that needs ti be done to make this
> happen?

You can also override CWinApp::ExitInstance() and perform cleanup there.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)
9/4/2005 4:29:22 PM
yup. I am aware of that. In my case the destructor would do.

Thanks
Vipin

"David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Vipin" <Vipin@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > The CWinApp Derived App object's destructor doesn't gets called when the
> > MFC
> > app terminates. Any MFC specific stuff that needs ti be done to make
this
> > happen?
> >

> You can also override CWinApp::ExitInstance() and perform cleanup there.
>
> -- David

0
vipin (697)

Attempting to call a sub from another wb using a Userform option b
Please assist. I have an userform that has several options button each calls a sub proc from another workbook I am getting run-time error 1004 Method Run of object_Application failed when I click on the button when the other workbook close . When the workbook is open I am getting run-time error 1004 Cannot run the macro wbMain.xlsm!cmdOpenfile. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.but with a different reason. My macros options are enabled and has trusted access. I am baffled because the code is very simple: Application.run "...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

Original Excel File gets deleted and temp file gets created.
Guys, I have a major problem with an Excel workbook that i created and have been try to resolve this issue for a couple of weeks and my Bosses are breathing down my neck. Here is how it works: I have multiple users using the excel workbook at the same time (they will open as read only). Once they are done with the data entry they run a macro. Which will copy data from this excel workbook opens another file, which is saved in the Shared Drive (Network Drive) and pastes it as the last entry made in that workbook. If another user is using this file then it throws an error boxing saying that, &q...

Formatting to Currency does not get applied
I have a column of numbers formatted without dollar signs & decimal points: 1234 5678 9100 I want to apply Currency formatting with decimal points. I select the cells, apply the formatting but it doesn't change how the cells are displayed. There's no conditional formatting on the cells - I can't figure out why it isn't allowing me to change the cell format. Any ideas? Hi When you select Currency from the Format Cells list, does it show a symbol on the right hand side of the dialog box? -- Andy. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Getting Referral name from customer table
Hi,One of the fields of the Customer table is Referral ID. When one customer A introduces another customer B, then we put ID of A as the ReferalID in the record of Customer B.Now when viewing the details of Customer B, how do i display the name of Customer A? I need to pick up the name of A from the record of Customer A based on the ID in the record of Cust B. Getting mixed up in this.Thanks for sorting this out ..Ramesh On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:39:27 +0530, "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote:>Hi,>>One of the fields of the Customer table is Referral ID. When one...

Did Microsoft get hacked?
I can't pull up microsoft.com or msn.com or msnbc.com. I can't log into Money. Did Microsoft get hacked or something? I've been having (almost) the same problem all day! I can't access any MSN sites including MoneyCentral, and I can't sign into my Money file with Passport. Spoke with Money support, and the tech there claims to be able to browse all the sites I can't, but I don't know if he might be on some internal network. "mpmorin" wrote: > I can't pull up microsoft.com or msn.com or msnbc.com. I can't log into > Money. &g...

Override destructor.
Hello. How can I override the destructor (I.e of PictureBox). Thanks :) Am 14.06.2010 17:10, schrieb Mr. X.: > How can I override the destructor (I.e of PictureBox). Did you already try to override the 'Finalize' method? Also note that Windows Forms controls implement the 'IDisposable' interface. -- M S Herfried K. Wagner M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/> V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/> Yes, I have tried override finalize method, but when I did on program : myControl.Dispose(), and put breakpoint on finalize metho...

win32 console application call MFC DLL?
Can a win32 console application call MFC dll? The reason for this question is I will be converting some legacy codes into an console application. I'm not sure if it can call a MFC dll. The MFC DLL won't have any GUI stuff. Thanks for any input. Wanjun Yes. You must call AfxWinInit "Wanjun Yu" <wanjun_yu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:exKEObqoFHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Can a win32 console application call MFC dll? > The reason for this question is I will be converting some legacy codes into an console > application. I'm not sure if it c...

How to get attributes from other entities in JScript
I have 3 entities In one of them I need an onChange script on an attribute that requires variables pullled from other entities. AFAIK, you cannot include variables in Jscript that are not attributes in the entity. Is that right? What ar ethe alternative solutions? pre-callout? Thanks -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant ...

Get Bitmap From a Font
Given a font, how do I get the bits which make up each character. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, I just need a string of 8x16 sets of bytes to download to a device. Thanks "Ian Semmel" <anyone@rocketcomp.com.au> wrote in message news:eWA9svZfIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Given a font, how do I get the bits which make up each character. > > It doesn't have to be anything fancy, I just need a string of 8x16 sets of > bytes to download to a device. > Create a memory device context with a bitmap selected into it. Select the desired font ...

How do I get wysiwyg when printing
When printing most worksheets I get what I see [and set up] in print preview. Specifically the scaling that I have selected. However, when printing "Some" worksheets the scaling is ignored. eg Print preview tells me 5 pages, the printer produces 12 pages. How do I fix this problem?? [I am using Excel 2003] ...

get emails remotely
I have an email account through Charter Communications that I have forwarded to my Outlook. When I go out of town, can I get to my Outlook account remotely? I can not go to Charter.net account as they have all been forwarded out and the folders are empty. When you say you have the email "forwarded" to outlook, do you mean there is another email address you are forwarding to, or do you mean you are using outlook to access the charter account? If it's just one account, charter, then you have to set outlook to leave the messages on the server, then you can use the...

How do I get the subset filter string from a pivotchart?
I have a form with a bunch of checkboxes representing fields in a table. Next to this form is a subform restricted to a pivotchart view. When a user clicks up to 5 of these categories, the categories are inserted into the filter dropzone in the pivotchart using an "apply filter" button. In the filter dropzone area, one can select or deselect members of the value list associated with each category/field. These selections will affect the 3 Min/Ave/Max areas locked in the series dropzone. What I need to get via VBA code, is the string expression (or however it's stored) ...

Dialog and destructor
Hi, Hi, I am developing a dialog based application and Im still facing an old problem :( "cmdtarg line 52". The problem is the value of the reference counter. I have 4 dialog (CDialogA, CDialogB, CDialogC, CDialogD) and 3 class derived from CWnd (CWnd1, CWnd2, CWnd3). The "main" dialog is A, from this I run (domodal) B and from this C. Dialog D can be opened from every dialog. The variables (all private) are For class CDialogA CDialogB m_BDlg; CDialogD m_DDlg; CWind1 m_ctlWnd1; CWind2 m_ctlWnd2; For class CDialogB CDialogC m_CDlg CDialogD m_DDlg; CWnd3 m_ctlWnd3 ...

get Id of a bitmap from a static
Hi, i have an handle to a Static control and i want to get the id of the image of the bitmap. i do : for(CWnd * wnd = GetWindow(GW_CHILD); wnd != NULL; wnd = wnd->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT)) and wnd->GetDlgCtrlID() but only the ID of a static is returned (that is 65535). But i want to know the id of the bitmap, and i can't do it. sorry for my english and thank u for any help fabien >i have an handle to a Static control and i want to get the id of the image >of the bitmap. The docs say: "SS_BITMAP Specifies that a bitmap is to be displayed in the static control. Th...

VBA Get Line Item Number
Is it possible to get the current line item number that is being completed when in SOP? I am trying to ensure that my form data is saved in my database associated to the line item I am completing in SOP. thanks! That's probably an invisible field that you can make visible with Modifier and then add it to your VBA project. You can make it invisible again after but still use it in your code. Once you do that, you should be able to use it as you describe. Wicked! Thanks for the help. "MichaelJ" wrote: > That's probably an invisible field that you can make visible ...

CTreeCtl destructor
I'm developing an app in VS.net using C++. In a dialog I have a CTreeCtl object. The data field of the items in the tree are created "new" and so have to be "delete"d before the tree is destroyed. I've put the cleanup routine in the dialog destructor. When I try to execute any code that refers to the tree I get an ASSERT from some code I'm not familiar with that has no source available. f:\VS70Builds|9466|vc\MFCATL\ship\atlmfc\include\afxcmn.inl line 252 Note: I don't have an F: drive on my system. The dialog is : ***********************************...

how do i get font style back on toolbar?
new to this...when i started my document the font style was displayed on toolbar...now it is not...what do i do and thanks to those who help!!!!!!1 Melissa, try view, toolbars, and check formatting -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:852099EC-03A0-4B0F-91AD-0B9F61CF8C4B@microsoft.com... > new to this...when i started my document the fon...

how do I get a php code
I have Data in Zip files which I need to get up and running as drop down menus for locating which part is compatible etc. I was sent the data by my main supplier howver they have told me to get it all working I need a php code/ what is it? where do I get it? and then what do I do with it? Thanks Jim ...

OnReceive is not getting called??
Im trying somewhat simplest idea of sockets app using multicast. Following is what *SockApp1* does: 1) _OnButtonCreate()_ creates the port, default OS assigned port. Create(0, SOCK_DGRAM) -------------------- m_pUDPSocket->Create(0, SOCK_DGRAM); -------------------- 2) When _OnButtonInitMulti()_ the mutlicast group(ip/port) is initialized. Code: -------------------- // set up destination address memset(&m_addrMulti,0,sizeof(m_addrMulti)); m_addrMulti.sin_family =AF_INET; m_addrMulti.sin_addr.s_addr =inet_addr(MULTIADDR); m_addrMulti.sin_port =htons(MULTIPORT); ----------------...

why destructor is not called
Hi, How is this possible that destructor is not called when I quit my application? This is toolbar for IE. For one of my classes destructor is not called causing memory leaks. Class was created on the stack and there is no inheritance. thanks for advice write part of the source code. which is the class and where it is used. andrew wrote: > Hi, > How is this possible that destructor is not called > when I quit my application? This is toolbar for IE. > For one of my classes destructor is not called causing > memory leaks. Class was created on the stack and there is no inherit...

Number fields get empty
Hello Since a couple of time after we installed the Rollup 3 for CRM 3.0 fields which are only working with numbers are automatically get empty after numbers are typed in and a different field is clicked on. After reboot of the server the problem is solved. The Problem occurs only in number fields, fields with text and numbers or text only are not getting empty. Does anybody knows about it? Bets Lars Hi Lars, please note the CRM3 Update Rollup 3 has been released 3 times! Please ensure you have installed the latest version of this rollup. Regards, -- Neil Benson Increase - Hoste...

Get off SPAM List
My Company sends out mail blasts. We use a service for this to prevent showing up as a spammer. Is there a service I can check to see how or why I may show up as a spammer? Can I get my ISP- T1 provider - to check my SPAM list status? Thank you, Check it at rbls.org. Won't tell you "why", only provides status - whether or not you're listed on any of the rbls it checks against. Removing your IPs from RBLs: For many rbls it is as simple as filling out an online form.. for some others it is a more involved process. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blo...

get substring
Hi All Version : Excel 2003 Cell value B9 is 123 + alt Enter + ABC + alt Enter + 789 How to get 123 in cell B10 and ABC in cell B11 ? Try to using "|" replace with chr(10) no work. =LEFT(B9,SEARCH("|",B9)-1) moonhkt Hi moonhkt, Am Tue, 26 Apr 2011 07:47:09 -0700 (PDT) schrieb moonhkt: > Cell value B9 is 123 + alt Enter + ABC + alt Enter + 789 > > How to get 123 in cell B10 and ABC in cell B11 ? B10: =LEFT(B9,FIND(CHAR(10),B9)-1) B11: =RIGHT(LEFT(B9,FIND("#",SUBSTITUTE(B9,CHAR(10),"#",2))-1),FIND(CHAR(10),B9)) Regards Claus Busch ...

getting info from a pull down menu and looking up column to get co
Sorry I don't know all the jargon, but basically i have made a list called employee and used it to make pulldown menus in multiple worksheets to enable me to select an employee for labor costs. Now I want to lookup(from the pull down menu,another list I made Called name, another list i made call rate) to be entered in the rate column. The "name" list='Employee records'!$A$3,'Employee records'!$A$4,'Employee records'!$A$5,etc... The "rate" list='Employee records'!$C$3,'Employee records'!$C$4,'Employee recor...