Delete Single Link in "Recent Documents"

I need to delete a specific link from the Recent Documents folder.  I know I
can delete all links using SHAddToRecentDocs passing NULL as the second
parameter, but this clears the entire list and I don't want that.

The name of the link is readily available since the file would have been
opened and closed just a moment earlier based on user interaction with a
CFileDialog.

I need to support Win98 so I can't use the OFN_DONTADDTORECENT flag in the
OPENFILENAME structure passed to CFileDialog.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

recent documents list
When opening Word, the "recent documents" list does not appear. I followed instructions in the "Options" menu, but the appropriate box is dimmed. So I can't check it to enable this feature. Gretchen <Gretchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When opening Word, the "recent documents" list does not appear. Why are you posting this in a Publisher discussion group??? Gretchen, Have you used an anti-spyware tool and removed the MRU lists along with the other malware. "Gretchen" <Gretchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Clearing Recent Documents Listing
Word 2007, click the Microsoft logo in upper left hand corner for pull down menu; along with it is a listing of "Recent Documents" viewed. How do I clear that shaded box? It used to clear automatically but now just keeps adding documents. Check this out:- Office Button (top left hand corner). Word options (lower right hand corner). Advanced (on left hand side) / then, on right hand side under Display, first option is:- Show this number of Recent Documents You can set the above to zero if you want to. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks...

Recent Documents 12-30-09
I have recently purchased a computer with Windows 7 Professional and am using MS office 2007. After transferring to the new computer, all of my recent documents (in all MS office software) are erased each time I shut down the computer. I have searched everywhere I can think of to correct this, but have not found the solution. I am also using Norton 360 Premier, if that is the problem. Does anyone know where I would go to correct this and allow for my recent documents to remain available after I restart the computer? -- DWellster III I assume you mean that what is erased ...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

Recent Documents in PPT 2007
My Powerpoint 7 is set to display the last 17 files and I'm ok with that ... but it never shows the files I've opened. I checked the option and it's enabled ... all. I should add that I often open presented from within Windows Explorer. Is this why it doesn't find them. I find it easier to navigate in Expl. than with the open dialogue box. Thanks I do believe that it depends on the way that you open them. I find that if in windows explorer, you double click on the file to open it, and the file was originally stored as a .pps/.ppsx it will open, play and...

How do I delete the test documents in my recent documents?
I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me? Go into Options and set your MRU list to zero. Close Excel and restart. Reset the list to whatever you like. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:17:01 -0800, mrjack <mrjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I took the test for the excel spreadsheets and now they are in my recent >documents and I want to know how to remove them, can you help me? ...

Delete Single Link in "Recent Documents"
I need to delete a specific link from the Recent Documents folder. I know I can delete all links using SHAddToRecentDocs passing NULL as the second parameter, but this clears the entire list and I don't want that. The name of the link is readily available since the file would have been opened and closed just a moment earlier based on user interaction with a CFileDialog. I need to support Win98 so I can't use the OFN_DONTADDTORECENT flag in the OPENFILENAME structure passed to CFileDialog. ...

How to delete title in Recent Documents
In Microsoft Office 2007, how do I delete the title of a document, along with the entire document? I am able to delete the document, but the title still remains. On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:07:01 -0700, Sunshine2222 <Sunshine2222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Microsoft Office 2007, how do I delete the title of a document, along with >the entire document? I am able to delete the document, but the title still >remains. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org ...

My recent documents
Hello, Is there a way of arranging my list of 'my recent documents' in date order rather than alphabetic order ? Thanks KK "KK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:ch1qvv$ll6$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hello, > > Is there a way of arranging my list of 'my recent documents' in date order > rather than alphabetic order ? > > Thanks > > KK > > That's a windows question, not an Excel one. try here: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers ...

Lost Recent Documents List
Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix this? SeattleMike56 wrote: > Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office > applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix > this? You haven't said the version of your Office but assuming you are using Office 2007, then open Word 2007 and try this: 1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options. 2. Click ...

Excel 2007 add-ins in My Recent Documents
Recently upgraded to Office 2007. After I activated a few Add-ins in Excel, the add-in files (*.xla and *.xlam) appear in Start=>My Recent Documents, which basically renders "My Recent Documents" useless since it happens every time I start Excel. Any idea how to correct this issue? These add-in files never appeared like this when using previous versions of Excel. Also, they do not appear in "Recent Documents" within Excel. Thanks. Sorry, I meant to put this under general - I forgot I was on the Charting board. "BS LeBlanc" wrote: > Recently u...

Erasing Recent Documents History on Excel
There are files i worked on which i already deleted and trashed yet the history of the document titles still show up on the Recent Documents, on Excel. How do i erase the History of Recent Documents worked on Excel? I'm trying to keep my work private since i share a computer. Hi Lady M In XL2003 Go to >Tools>Options>General Tab> You should see Recently used file list : plus a window for you to select the number of entries, change that to 0 or to your choice. HTH John "LadyM" <LadyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46B02761-20...

My Recent Documents lists several Excel Charts
Hi, I like using My Recent documents to quickly pull up Excel 2007 files that I work on. Many of my Excel files have graphs in them. When I go to My Recent Documents, there may be two or three Excel files and the other 7-8 "documents" listed are things like Pchart.xlm, Vchart.xlm and scatter.xlm. How do I exclude these files from appearing in My Recent Documents. I basically just want Excel, Access and Word documents to appear. Thanks, Chuck Chuck W <ChuckW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I like using My Recent documents to quickly pull...

Excel Documents Don't Appear in My Recent Documents
I use Office XP. Word, Publisher, and Power Point documents all appear in 'My Recent Documents' on the Start menu ... but Excel documents never do. The default setting for saving my Excel documents is Documents and Settings/My User Name/My Documents. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how I can correct it? Thank you. Go to <>tools<>options<>general and have a look at setting for "recently used files list" -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Addi" <Addi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7F175A8-4E58-4367-B78B-FBD45...

Deleted document still listed in Recent Documents
How come when I delete a Word document from the My Documents folder, it is still on the list in Word off the Office Button menu under Recent Documents? How do I get it deleted from this list? Please advise. Thank you. See the following articles that explain how you can remove these listings: http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm Hope this helps DeanH "cheryl c" wrote: > How come when I delete a Word document from the My Documents folder, it is > still on the list in Word off the Offic...

how do i delete a file from recent documents file in excel
can anyone help how do i delete a heading from recent documents file i have deleted figures from actual page but cannot get heading to go iknow how to do with xp but not with vista many thanks XP and Vista are MS Operating Systems. This is an MS Office Excel news group. Are you sure you want to be here? If you mean the recently used file list in Excel 2007 Office Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display Change Show recent documents list to 0 and OK All recent documents are gone. Go back in and change back to whatever you want. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:...

My recent documents
Hi, Someone knows how works my recent documents folder in Windows XP? What is the dll system that it use? Today, in my machine the my recent documents folder lists only files *.txt, *.jpg,*.doc, etc.But files with .wav, for example, are not listed in folder. Is there anyway to modify this filter? For display .wav files in folder, too! Thanks a lot in advance "Paulo Eduardo" <PauloEduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C9AF3E8-C212-486A-8763-7F1B62F26D68@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Someone knows how works my recent documents folder in Windows X...

Recent Documents disappears !
I use Vista Home & Office 2007. In the recent documents menu, after re-booting my PC, they disppear. If I use excel or word during the day, they keep the recent documents opened in the menu, but if I shut down the PC THEN they disappear. Also under "Show this number of recent documents" in the Advanced tab under the Excel/ or others/ options it resets to 17 everytime, as well. Thouhg I change it to 9 recent opens, after the re-boot it is set back to 17. any ideas out there? cause i'm lost. Sounds like you have something preventing the changes from being sav...

Delete emty file names from "recent documents" Excel
I transfered files from Scottrade to Excel to forward to someone ... I removed the files from My Documents to the Recycle Bin, but the file names remain in Excel "Recent Documents" ... how do I remove them? ... there is nothing left in the files. which version of excel. in 2003, turn off the recent file list by unchecking the option under tools/options/general tab -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Touble in Excel" <Touble in Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B29D123-88CC-4450-9ED5-B475561C327B@microsoft.com... >I trans...

Recent documents don't display
Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply does not show any. -- Dana Go to Office Button- Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display” In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number & modify as you like. -- MFS22 "danappofc" wrote: > Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply > does not show any. > -- > Dana Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the list. Only those that you opened from within Ex...

How do I turn on the Recent Documents feature?
When I open MS Word with the Office button, the recent documents feature does not list my recent documents. How would I go about turning this feature on? Click the Ofice button, then select "Word Options" at the bottom right corner of the menu. Then select the Advanced option, and scroll down and look for the Display section, you will see an option to show the number of recent documents. Change that from zero to the number you want to show. -- Dave Herard MOS Master Instructor Microsoft Certified Trainer www.clicknlearnct.com "TerryF" wrote: > Wh...

Recent Documents in File menu Disappears after a PC re-boot
The recent Documents menu in either Excel 2007, Word 2007, Powerpoint 2007 and others softwares disappears after I re-start my PC, everytime. I use VISTA home edition. A few weeks ago I did a clean re-install of Vista and Office 2007, everything works blazing fast and well, except for the purplexing recent documents that never keeps my recent files when I re-start my PC. I have also noticed that if I change the "Show this number of recent documents" in the Advanced tab under the Excel options it resets to 17 everytime, as well. Therefore How can i have recent docume...

Recent documents displayed
My 07 word and excel are suddenly no longer displaying most recently viewed documents . . . any ideas why? "Randy Brown" <RandyBrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B020EB0-7EBF-4C35-84D7-DA10C951D5E2@microsoft.com... > My 07 word and excel are suddenly no longer displaying most recently > viewed > documents . . . any ideas why? In Word do Office Button-Word Options-Advanced and scroll down to Display. What is the value of the "Show this number of recent Documents" set to? ...

Recent Documents Disappear
Office 2007 has been running fine for 18 months with Vista. Last month the "Recent Documents" list began disappearing after a reboot of the computer. Just exiting Excel or Word didn't cause the problem. Using Excel Options/Advanced or running the Diagnostics did no good. I wonder if this isn't some kind of Registry screw up, but will specific instructions to fix. Any help is appreciated. -- D Harris Usually this behavior is the result of the user installing some privacy/security software that wipes/erases recent history entries. D Harris wrote: &g...

Recent Documents 01-03-10
Recent Documents -- RobertP I am set up in Word to save recent documents list, I pin documents, they are there if I close Word then open up again - but every time I close the computer I lose them all. How dom I rectify this? Live Mail contacts keep disappearing too, and recent documents in Excel. I have used the same Office program (same disk) on my previous computer, the only change with my new computer is the addition of the awful Windows 7 (all froth and no substance, takes longer to do anything!). ...