Decent ListView/ReportView for Multiline String Commercial or Free

I've almost finished my first VC App, a hard slog made easier with
codeproject.com.

However, Im still puzzled by the lack of a good CList function capable
of displaying multiple lines if the string is longer than the physical
size of the cell.

Is there a class, pay of free, that allows a developer to use a grid
like control to display an image in one cell and a multiline in the
other?

Probably similar to CReportCtrl by Maarten Hoeben.  I would of used
this but found the preview text function difficult to implement.

http://www.thecodeproject.com/miscctrl/reportctrl.asp

Thanks for all your support.

Dan
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Solved it myself.

Sat back and thought about it.

A CListBox class does what I need, See CListBoxST on CodeProject for a
good example.

I overridden the OnSize function to resize the control when the Window
size changes, thus giving the impression that I've subclassed from
CListBox rather than CFromView.

I.E, you only see the CListBox control over the whole IDD_FORMVIEW
canvas.

Dan

ASPX reportviewer size
we are having problems with an apsx page that contains a webcontrol.content of a ReportViewer object, that is running a reporting services report. we want to set the report output to page-width and autofill the width of the page based on your screen config, but no matter what we try we cannot get it to fill the screen correctly. it's always too wide for the screen and setting it to page-width once outputted isnt shrinking it to the correct page width. running the report through IE or visual studio works fine. if we set the properties to 80%, that is fitting better, but on other ...

Can protocol version strings be hidden?
Is there any way to suppress the version string that the Exchange 2003 IMAP4, POP3, and SMTP protocol servers send when they receive a connection? I'm running Exchange 2003 Enterprise on a Windows 2003 Enterprise cluster. TIA!! ...

Decent Fax Program
I'm looking for a Fax program that will work with WinXP and Outlook 2003. I don't want to send faxes over the internet just over phone line. I have used WinFax Pro before but had problems with intergration. Anyone recommend any other programs that I would be able to intergrate with Outlook? (at least the address book intergration). Thanks! Only Windows 2000 Fax and Windows XP Fax integrate with Outlook 2003. I don't know of any third party products that have been developed for it yet. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Matt" <nutshell222@hotmail.com> wrote in ...

CString doesn't accept some strings longer than 996 Bytes
Hello, I'm using VS 2005 and have a problem with assigning strings to CString, which are longer than 996 Bytes. Here is an example (not the original string, but it works): char szTest[] = "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC oo-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//" "ENoo><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content=oote" "xt/html; charset=iso-8859-1oo></HEAD><BODY><P><A href=ooxxx" "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoo>xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A></P><P><A href...

using countif() to parse string
I am trying to use countif() to parse a cell which contains a string. For example, the string could be "This is the example string." Can I use the countif() to count any cells that contains the wor "example" from the string above. I am currently able to count the word "example" but only if it is th only word in the cells. Any help would be appreciated. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"*example*") Cheers JuileD "tivarney >" <<tivarney.1ader8@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mess...

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #2
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

decent simple c.v.
all I want is a simple cv, do not want one which lists fourteen colleges and a nasters degree in insect dissemination went to a bog standard comprehensive and have worked all my life do not need fourteen pages of waffle just a plain basic cv with space for my name and how good I am at everything So type it up! HR departments look less kindly on people who use a standardized form rather than exhibiting a certain amount of initiative. On Mar 23, 8:41=A0am, c v <c v @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > all I want is a simple cv, do not want one which lists fourteen colleges...

instantiating string
Hello, I'm relativly new to C#. I wonder why this statement is legal: string str = "Hello World"; while string is a reference type. I would expect something like this: string str = new string(); str = "Hello World"; or string str = new string ("Hello World"); as far as I know every reference type must be instantiated with the keyword 'new'. Is string just an exception for convenience? Bas from Holland Bas wrote: > Hello, > > I'm relativly new to C#. > > I wonder why this s...

help with string functions please
Can anyone help with a formuila for the following, I'm struggling . I have a large number of text strings (in a column), many (not all) of which contain 2 words or phrases separated by a colon, eg. ABC : DEF . I want to split the string into two at the colon, giving 2 columns one with ABC and the other with DEF. The colon itself is redundant. I need to be careful not to corrupt those text strings which do not contain a colon, leaving the 2nd olumn blank in such cases. This seems messy to me, any help would be appreciated Thanks K On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:15:27 +0100, "...

ListView for simple category, data layout
I have a datalist that simply displays a webpage title, webpage description and a url : ''''''''''''' <form Runat="Server"> <asp:datalist id="dlstList" RepeatColumns="2" width="700px" runat="server" cellspacing="8"> <ItemTemplate> <span class="body11-blk"><%# Container.DataItem( "webtitle" )%></ span><br> <span class="body9sm-bl"> ...

Free to get your credit card report, will not even ask for your credit card number
List of website to find your credit report, history, rating and debts for FreeList of website to find your credit report, history, rating and debts for Free http://www.geocities.com/freefreecredit/ ...

XPathDocument and retrieving xml string
I load an xml stream into a xpathdocument type, compile a xpath expression and select to specific node. I find the node and wish to return the innerxml of that node. When I use value of the current node I get back the "values" of the child nodes but no formatted xml which I need for transformations later in the sequence. Is there a way to pull pure xml from the xpathdocument? Robert Strickland wrote: > I load an xml stream into a xpathdocument type, compile a xpath expression > and select to specific node. I find the node and wish to return the innerxml > of that node....

Changing the font style, fore colour and back colour of an individual cell in a VB6 listview
Hi All Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to style (bold, underline, italic), colour the text and colour the background of the text in a vb6 listview CELL. Are any of these permitations possible? Am I better using an MS Flexgrid and hidden textbox (for the edit bit)? Thank you. "Mojo" <please@dont.spam.com> wrote in message news:e%23LFCQ5RLHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > Again, another I've always left rather than sorting is the ability to > style > (bold, underline, italic), colo...

How do I print my image decently in Visio? So it fits the page?
I'm new to Visio and I was wondering how I print my image so you can actually see it. Right new, when I can actually get it to print, it is just a thumbnail. Otherwise nothing prints at all. I've done everything in the help section, but to no avail. What am I missing? I'd probably start at page setup > page size and see if it is checked for same as printer setup al "Scottyboy" <Scottyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E6D694A-BF76-47A3-993C-50A0D32ABC7C@microsoft.com... > I'm new to Visio and I was wondering how I print my image s...

Extracting a number from a multiline-entry
Dear Experts: I would like to extract a number from multi-line excel cells. The cells have the following make-up 123456(manual line break = Alt+Enter) sample text (manual line break = Alt+Enter) sample text In the above example I would like to extract the number located immediately before the first manual line break and display it in a separate cell. Can this be done using a formula/function? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 02:27:28 -0700 (PDT), andreashermle <andreas.hermle@gmx.de> wrote: >Dear...

Earn $500 to $700 per Week Downloading FREE Software
We know it sounds TOO good to BE true, but it�s REAL! Our International Technology firm will pay you hard cash each time FREE software is downloaded. Best of all you will only have to download ONE piece of software ONE time for FREE and you can be on your way to earning BIG! FIND OUT MORE BY VISITING http://JeromeMcCrea.PlugUsIn4Cash.com ...

Decent AR Report Needed
I cannot believe RMS doesn't ship with an AR report that's worth looking at. I want ALL AR ACTIVITY for any given customer on one report. Transactions, Payments, Late Fees/Interest Charges, Global Adjustments, everything. I don't want a report for receivables and a separate report for payments like they have in the Reports Library. If you have an AR report that's worth the paper it takes to print it, I'd love to see it. Thanks, Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail ...

String Item getting truncated in ComboBox
Hi I have a combo box that is not owner draw. I am populating the items in combo box using SendMessage with CB_ADDSTRING. But there is one problem that I am facing. The width of the drop down list of combo box is fixed. If I add string with text length more than the width of combo box, the full string item is not visible. Some part of the string gets truncated. Please suggest me the solution for this problem Thanks in advance -Abhay >I have a combo box that is not owner draw. I am populating the items >in combo box using SendMessage with CB_ADDSTRING. But there is one >problem tha...

Count number times text appears in string
A 1 Module: C126, Module: C130, Module: C138, Module: C105 Can any help me write a function that would return the count of a specified text in a cell. For example for the string in cell A1 I would like to know how many times does the text 'Module' appear. Try =(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Module",)))/LEN("module") OR with the text string in cell B1 =(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,)))/LEN(B1) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you want to have an word Match try the below formula. In the ...

How to add checkboxes selectively on listview control #2
It seems SetExtendedStyle (LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES |LVS_EX_ONECLICKACTIVATE ); adds checkboxes to EVERY row, but I just want to have it every other row. How to do this? Thanks. Jiac You can remove the checkboxes on the row you don't want with the CListCtrl function SetItemState(lRowNumer,0,LVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK); lRowNumer is the rownumbe Hi, This is what I did: ..SetItemState (0,0,LVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK); I wanted to remove the first row for testing, but it still shows. Please help. I put this after I insert the item. Does it matter where and how many times I call SetExtendedStyle (LVS_E...

ListView with internal records
I would like to have a webpage with a list of items for the user to send for processing. When the user enters the page I usually would like to enter a couple of default items. Then it should be possible to edit, delete and insert items to the list. After all editing is ready, the list can be sent for processing. I found out the ListView control looked like a great candidate. I added a ListView and configured a corresponding ObjectDataSource. The ObjectDataSource calls a handler class that creates the default entities. It works fine so far. But when I want to configure the...

Free Advertising
In an effort to increase traffic to our new news group we now offering FREE UNMODERATED chat and advertising just go to free.uk.retail.poundland.staff.chat ...

Text String Separation
Is there a function opposite of "CONCATENATE"? I have a list of names with the first and last names in the same cell. Doesn't do well if you want to sort by last name. I diregress, rather than re-typing the whole list I would like to know if anyone knows how to split the string at a 'space'. Thanks for your help. Data>Text to columns See HELP for more details, if it is not self-explanatory already -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "TexasLegend" <jrhughson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135807231.369309.264310@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is...

public/free busy
I can't seem to turn off the public/free busy thing. It keeps beeping at me telling me the the update of the operation has failed. How do I get it to stop? ...

[Offtopic] Searching a decent NNTP server
Hello, All! Sorry for offtopic, but don't know where to ask. I'm searching for a decent *FREE* NNTP server with posting to alt.* groups. Could someone help me? I tried a lot of servers with no success :-( WMP is now playing: Kitaro - Peace On Earth - Track 03 ....Don't give in without a fight... With best regards, William Mahoney. ...